Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,224,460 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by SM1987
Dunlow66
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Jericole Hellems on his South Carolina visit

"The university was great and the people are great, and of course the players and all that were great," Hellems said. "What stood out was the family spirit the Gamecocks have and the bonds that are created after people graduate or go to the next level. Coach tells me he likes my passion and how hard I play and that I love to win. I know Coach Martin is a great coach and he also likes to win. It was a great experience,

http://www.thestate.com/sports/college/university-of-south-carolina/usc-recruiting/phil-kornblut/article174063361.html
EthanBarry
Staff
Dunlow66 said:

Dunlow66 said:

Keldon Johnson leaves UK without committing. Still a bit unsure if he will be a 'fall' or 'spring' signee.

UK would probably take Johnson or Quentin Grimes right now(Grimes visits Texas this weekend, UK on the 29th). Might be a 'first one to commit' scenario.

I still feel like UK may not be the place for Keldon. Seems like his people are VERY concerned about the roster that Cal will field next year.
This one could get very interesting. I think we could be in Keldon's top two or three right now. Legit shot at landing him, IMO. Good shot at him siging early, which could help us. I hope Dad is serious about wanting to drive to all Keldon's games.
You make me more and more excited with every post about Keldon. Trying to not get too excited but it's hard
Dunlow66
Keldon Johnson's father on NC State and their commitment schedule. FSU visit also rescheduled for Oct 21. Maryland still set for the first week of Oct.

"For one thing, it's 72 miles from my doorstep [in Brodnax, Va.]. Coach [Kevin] Keatts really have a plan and he said Keldon would be the focal point from day one, so you always love that for your kid. N.C. State is 72 miles, so that's always good."

Johnson figures to decide after his last visit.
"That's what we're talking about, we're going to try to get it done in November," Chris said.

http://www.zagsblog.com/2017/09/18/keldon-johnson-visits-kentucky-maryland-next/
metcalfmafia
Dunlow66 said:

Keldon Johnson's father on NC State and their commitment schedule. FSU visit also rescheduled for Oct 21. Maryland still set for the first week of Oct.

"For one thing, it's 72 miles from my doorstep [in Brodnax, Va.]. Coach [Kevin] Keatts really have a plan and he said Keldon would be the focal point from day one, so you always love that for your kid. N.C. State is 72 miles, so that's always good."

Johnson figures to decide after his last visit.
"That's what we're talking about, we're going to try to get it done in November," Chris said.

http://www.zagsblog.com/2017/09/18/keldon-johnson-visits-kentucky-maryland-next/
Brodnax is a long way from a lot of things. You have to like our chances more and more everyday with this one.
Dunlow66
So.......If Kentucky lands either Barrett or Zion Williamson....I think that pushes Keldon Johnson elsewhere, no matter how much he loves UK. That could end up with Texas/Maryland/ NCSU as finalist. I like Coach Keatts as a closer on this one, especially if distance plays a role.
Bell Tower Grey
Dunlow66 said:

So.......If Kentucky lands either Barrett or Zion Williamson....I think that pushes Keldon Johnson elsewhere, no matter how much he loves UK. That could end up with Texas/Maryland/ NCSU as finalist. I like Coach Keatts as a closer on this one, especially if distance plays a role.
If we get Johnson, will that impact McCormick's decision about State?
Bulldogwolf27
Dunlow66 said:

Dunlow let's be honest I see UK possibly get one, if not both of Zion and RJ. So I think if Dun feels confident, I know I feel confident and our future in this recruiting race
Bulldogwolf27
Bell Tower Grey said:

Dunlow66 said:

It couldn't hurt at all, especially if they are vibing really well in practice at Oak Hill
Dunlow66
Jaywolf27 said:

Bell Tower Grey said:

Dunlow66 said:

It couldn't hurt at all, especially if they are vibing really well in practice at Oak Hill
exactly. I think it would be a real selling point to both kids.

The more I hear on Keldon Johnson, the more I think it turns into a NCSU/Maryland battle and I think we offer more of what 'Dad' wants than Maryland.

Kentucky will,IMO, have either Barrett or Zion at SF
Texas seems to be slipping in the eyes of some. Distance could impact.
FSU...not a lot of buzz about them, but they do get an OV

If Keldont wants to be in the ACC, close to home, with a staff he trust, start from Day 1, get lots of possessions with the ball in his hands AND play high pressure, up tempo defense(his specialty)........he will pick NC State.
metcalfmafia
Dunlow66 said:

Jaywolf27 said:

Bell Tower Grey said:

Dunlow66 said:

exactly. I think it would be a real selling point to both kids.

The more I hear on Keldon Johnson, the more I think it turns into a NCSU/Maryland battle and I think we offer more of what 'Dad' wants than Maryland.

Kentucky will,IMO, have either Barrett or Zion at SF
Texas seems to be slipping in the eyes of some. Distance could impact.
FSU...not a lot of buzz about them, but they do get an OV

If Keldont wants to be in the ACC, close to home, with a staff he trust, start from Day 1, get lots of possessions with the ball in his hands AND play high pressure, up tempo defense(his specialty)........he will pick NC State.
Well hot damn lets do the thing!
Dunlow66
Kentucky visiting with Johnson today.....

Ben Roberts @BenRobertsHL 53m53 minutes ago
More
Joel Justus expected to see Keldon Johnson again today. Coach talks about his future plans, commitment timetable
Dunlow66
For those who dont know Joel Justus's story....he is a former UNCW player who has worked his way up to Assistant Coach at UK. Assisted at Elon after UNCW, coached NC high school ball(Davidson Day) and VA HS(Woodberry Forrest). Started at Kentucky as Director of Analytics. Also played a big part in UK's recruitment of Bam Adebayo.

A name to remember when the next round of coaching searches begin...especially for teams in NC/SC/VA

http://www.coachcal.com/about-cal/coaching-staff/joel-justus/
Dunlow66
Recruiting note of local intetest

Florida will be going 'in home' with Devon Dotson tonight fresh off his OV to Florida this past weekend. Really pushing for a commit, IMO and it could happen soon. Otherwise, Maryland is waiting and hoping for a shot. Still, Fla has all the momentum right now.
metcalfmafia
Dunlow66 said:

Florida will be going 'in home' with Devon Dotson tonight fresh off his OV to Florida this past weekend. Really pushing for a commit, IMO and it could happen soon. Otherwise, Maryland is waiting and hoping for a shot. Still, Fla has all the momentum right now.
I definitely don't take Keatts and Co. as the type to stop recruiting someone after they commit. I don't think our time with Dotson is over yet.
Dunlow66
metcalfmafia said:

Dunlow66 said:

I definitely don't take Keatts and Co. as the type to stop recruiting someone after they commit. I don't think our time with Dotson is over yet.
I disagee on Dotson. I am sure we try to get in his ear again, just dont think Devon is buying into our program rigth now. JMO
metcalfmafia
Dunlow66 said:

metcalfmafia said:

Dunlow66 said:

I disagee on Dotson. I am sure we try to get in his ear again, just dont think Devon is buying into our program rigth now. JMO
Right now....
Dunlow66
metcalfmafia said:

Dunlow66 said:

metcalfmafia said:

Dunlow66 said:

Right now....
Keatts is a great recruiter and I know he has tried to literally 'get his foot in the door'.....I just get the impression that Dotson has bigger things in mind. Now I am refering to Dotson committing to NCSU, not us having a longshot or getting back on his list. I feel like he has other plans, even if it isnt at Florida.

but if you are right, I wont complain one bit.
wolfpackfan00

http://247sports.com/Player/DJ-Burns-90322
Bell Tower Grey
wolfpackfan00 said:

Interesting that the link shows Crystal Ball 100% to the holes
TriangleDreamer
wolfpackfan00 said:

Wow... somebody needs to update some info. They show Meeks and Beejay still on the respective rosters as Jrs.
Dunlow66
Bell Tower Grey said:

wolfpackfan00 said:

Interesting that the link shows Crystal Ball 100% to the holes
Just one prediction and that one is from 9 months ago. This recruitment is just getting started, not sure if UNC has even offered
Dunlow66
Samad H. @CoachHines28 15m15 minutes ago
More

Kansas State, NC State, & Tulane were all in at McEachern (GA) yesterday @McIndiansBB

That's 2019 SG Isaac Okoro's school. They also have a very good PG in 2020's Sharife Cooper.
wolfpackfan00
Louis King is making his decision tomorrow. NC State in Top 5.

It'll be Oregon most likely though.
wolfpackfan00

http://247sports.com/player/filip-petrusev-46041501
Dunlow66
wolfpackfan00 said:

Louis King is making his decision tomorrow. NC State in Top 5.

It'll be Oregon most likely though.
Definitely going to be Oregon. Has been, IMO, since UK passed on offering King. I have heard rumors that one of the reasons Cal passed on King was a bit of a selfish attitude. Not sure if that is accurate, but it does seem plausible since Cal coached King on Team USA.
ClePack
looks like David McCormack is trending Kansas
Dunlow66
ClePack said:

looks like David McCormack is trending Kansas
He has an OV scheduled for their Midnight Madness event at the end of the month.
WolfpackSI
Thats sad to hear about McCormack. Hope we get back into it but its hard to recruit against Self.
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
NatePait94
Must be nice to be in a position where you get to pick and choose your commitments.
We're all Red on the inside. Some of us are just Blue in the face, and they're sick.
PackDaddy
Is there a backup plan if we don't get McCormack? Maybe go the grad transfer route?
WolfpackSI
Think we are gonna bring in 1-2 grad transfers regardless of HS commits.
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
Bulldogwolf27
We have 4 seniors and y7 is most likely gone too. So we have 5 scholarships with just manny on the books. I know we want another big, a small ball 4 and a another wing . So the staff will probably try to find a grad transfer big to help out the young bigs.
Dunlow66
PackDaddy said:

Is there a backup plan if we don't get McCormack? Maybe go the grad transfer route?
Adam ZagoriaVerified account @AdamZagoria
Following
More

NC State, Virginia, Colorado and Gonzaga all had assistants at @MVABasketball today for 2018 F @PetrusevFilip

Filip Petrusev is a Serbain big man who had foot issues last year. Will be at Montverde this season and has opened up a few eyes lately. 6'10 with a nice, big frame, decent touch and a 'plus' rebounder.

Dunlow66
From Zagsblog on Petrusev

College coaches have been flocking to Montverde (FL) Academy to see 6-foot-11, 215-pound Serbian forward Filip Petrusev.

Arizona, Florida and Tennessee have all recently offered and UCLA head coach Steve Alford and Vanderbilt coach Bryce Drew were in to see him this week. So were assistants from N.C. State, Virginia, Gonzaga and Colorado.

Petrusev was encouraged to come to Montverde by fellow Serb Matija Radovic, who was a senior last year and is now at Hofstra. He now plays on the varsity team alongside R.J. Barrett, Andrew Nembhard and Makhi and Makhel Mitchell under coach Kevin Boyle Sr.

"He is just now being recruited," Montverde postgrad coach Kevin Boyle Jr. said. "No one really knew much about him or recruited him until the last few weeks."

He added: "Filip has surprised most college coaches with his height and mass. He's more filled out than many European prospects that are known for their perimeter skill set and it allows him to compete on the block defensively as well as score inside against true bigs. He's got great IQ and his best skill right now is his ability to knock down open or contested threes."
Dunlow66
Louis King to Oregon now official.
First Page Last Page
Page 16 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.