Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,198,415 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by SM1987
EthanBarry
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
Dunlow66 said:

still think Keldon Johnson is in play for us......
What do we need to have happen for him to join us? Is he gonna sign in the fall?
RowanWolf
Hope our chances are good. We need to sign this young man. To compete at the highest level, we need four top 50 players on the roster. 4 top 50 and 8 from 51-125 playing CKK's system and we will compete for championships. Keep that 13th scholly open, just in case a diamond wants to fall in your lap.
wolfpackfan00
Corey Evans when asked a question about the biggest surprise visits in the fall...

"It isn't just one particular visit that stands out but rather a program as a whole. Kevin Keatts has hit the ground running at NC State and after patching together his backcourt with Lavar Batts and Braxton Beverly this summer, the fact that he and his staff were able to gain traction with five-star wing Keldon Johnson and top-50 big man David McCormack really stands out. Two of the more recruited prospects from coast to coast, Keatts and his staff didn't have the chance to develop the proper in-roads that many others had done with each prospect over the past three years. It doesn't seem to have mattered with McCormack or Johnson as both used one of their five official visits allotted on the program. It may not lead to an NC State commitment but from the outside looking in, with another year or two at the helm in Raleigh, Keatts may have the chance to secure a five-star recruit and display that the Pack, just like the local UNC and Duke blueblood programs, can also attract elite talent to their campus."
Dunlow66
wkdbigpckfan said:

Dunlow66 said:

What do we need to have happen for him to join us? Is he gonna sign in the fall?
I think his dad is the key. Dad would prefer Keldon to be within driving distance AND to get a shot at being one of the 'featured' players on his NCAA team.
Dunlow66
Dunlow66 said:

wkdbigpckfan said:

Dunlow66 said:

I think his dad is the key. Dad would prefer Keldon to be within driving distance AND to get a shot at being one of the 'featured' players on his NCAA team.
Also heard that UK passed on an 'in home' visit with Johnson so they could visit Zion Williamson.....
Dunlow66
Saddiq Bey will take his second official visit to Xavier this weekend (Sept. 15). Bey is down to six schools. He took an official visit to Pittsburgh earlier this month (Sept. 1) and will take official visits to Northwestern (Sept. 22) and Miami (Sept. 29). We made the final six but no OV scheduled to my knowledge.

I think Xavier, Pitt and Northwestern are the top three.
NatePait94
Dunlow66 said:

Dunlow66 said:

wkdbigpckfan said:

Dunlow66 said:

Also heard that UK passed on an 'in home' visit with Johnson so they could visit Zion Williamson.....

Looking better and better. SO looking forward to the upcoming season.
We're all Red on the inside. Some of us are just Blue in the face, and they're sick.
RowanWolf
Would love to close out this class with Johnson, McCormack and Hamilton. That would give us two top 50 and two more top 100...and all 4 kids from within a 3 hour drive of Raleigh. Pretty impressive for a new staff.
Dunlow66
RowanWolf said:

Would love to close out this class with Johnson, McCormack and Hamilton. That would give us two top 50 and two more top 100...and all 4 kids from within a 3 hour drive of Raleigh. Pretty impressive for a new staff.
I feel the same way. I dont think it actually happens.....but we can dream.

Two NC kids, Two SE VA kids.

Win a LOT of games recruiting like that.
Bulldogwolf27
Do you think we will actually land one of McCormick or Johnson?
ClePack
Dunlow66 said:

Dunlow66 said:

wkdbigpckfan said:

Dunlow66 said:

wow. Unreal. One would think that would shut KY out in his eyes.
Dunlow66
Jaywolf27 said:

Do you think we will actually land one of McCormick or Johnson?
Great question.

I think we can get one of them....but still wouldnt make a solid prediction on which one. Both guys are very interested in what we have to offer....'immediate' minutes and plenty of 'touches' on offense.
wolverinepack20
wolfpackfan00 said:

Corey Evans when asked a question about the biggest surprise visits in the fall...

"It isn't just one particular visit that stands out but rather a program as a whole. Kevin Keatts has hit the ground running at NC State and after patching together his backcourt with Lavar Batts and Braxton Beverly this summer, the fact that he and his staff were able to gain traction with five-star wing Keldon Johnson and top-50 big man David McCormack really stands out. Two of the more recruited prospects from coast to coast, Keatts and his staff didn't have the chance to develop the proper in-roads that many others had done with each prospect over the past three years. It doesn't seem to have mattered with McCormack or Johnson as both used one of their five official visits allotted on the program. It may not lead to an NC State commitment but from the outside looking in, with another year or two at the helm in Raleigh, Keatts may have the chance to secure a five-star recruit and display that the Pack, just like the local UNC and Duke blueblood programs, can also attract elite talent to their campus."
This is great to read. I have to say, seeing Wade doing so well, so quickly in recruiting at LSU made me wonder if we'll ever be able to get talent in to NC State quickly. Looks like we're in the best hands possible. Hope we can close the deal on McCormack and Johnson, although I'd be ecstatic with one of the two as well.
Bell Tower Grey
Dunlow, how do you feel about our chances with Hellems? Know he's on a visit to SC this weekend.
Bulldogwolf27
Thanks for your insight. I really hope we can land one of them. Honestly my gut says McCormick, but I wouldn't be surprised if we got Johnson instead. I don't know if we could get both, but it would be really special if we could!
Dunlow66
Bell Tower Grey said:

Dunlow, how do you feel about our chances with Hellems? Know he's on a visit to SC this weekend.
Missouri and Arksansas are also pushing hard Va Tech too. Not hearing/finding much info on this one right now from my end.
wolfpackfan00
Dunlow66 said:

Have not heard much of anything about this kid......but I think he ends up at Memphis or OK State

Jacob Polacheck @JacobPolacheck 2h2 hours ago
More

2018 Guard Antwann Jones named Kansas, Memphis, Oklahoma State, and NC State as his final four schools on Wednesday via Instagram.

Just committed to Oklahoma St
wolfpackfan00
Dunlow66
wolfpackfan00 said:

OK State hired a Team Loaded asst coach that has connections to McCormack.
Dunlow66
Not one of our targets, but this kid came on strong and is from NC. Really like his game

Team Loaded NC @teamloadednc 12h12 hours ago
More

Top 100 4 6'6 PG Nate Hinton has committed to the Houston Cougars... Congrats Nate!!!
WolfpackSI
Dunlow66 said:

Not one of our targets, but this kid came on strong and is from NC. Really like his game

Team Loaded NC @teamloadednc 12h12 hours ago
More

Top 100 4 6'6 PG Nate Hinton has committed to the Houston Cougars... Congrats Nate!!!
6'6 pg??!!?? maybe he should have been one of our targets!
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
twentytoe
Still like our chances here Dunlow?
Bell Tower Grey
Dunlow66 said:

wolfpackfan00 said:

OK State hired a Team Loaded asst coach that has connections to McCormack.
I really hope he doesn't end up at OK State.
Dunlow66
Keldon Johnson leaves UK without committing. Still a bit unsure if he will be a 'fall' or 'spring' signee.

UK would probably take Johnson or Quentin Grimes right now(Grimes visits Texas this weekend, UK on the 29th). Might be a 'first one to commit' scenario.

I still feel like UK may not be the place for Keldon. Seems like his people are VERY concerned about the roster that Cal will field next year.
Bulldogwolf27
And they should be concerned. They will have some upperclassmen at the 2 spot and cal loves to play big. Might be a numbers crunch for Keldon if he went there.
twentytoe
I really hope we land big mac, he is needed in the low post for us.
Dunlow66
Dunlow66 said:

one I think we should keep an eye on. This kid could be the next kinda local kid to blossom. Have been keeping an eye on his progress and I think he could be a legit ACC level recruit.

Rick Lewis @Coach_Rick57 12h12 hours ago
More

6'9 '19 Jaelyn Withers (North Meck)is lighting it up from deep. HM talent

Stephen Rodgers @StevoR33 11h11 hours ago
More

2019 6'8" Forward Jaelyn Withers (@jaelyn_durant) tells me Maryland, NC State, Clemson, and Kansas were in to see him last week
Dunlow66
another name popping up....from Richmond

Pat Lawless @PatLawless_ Sep 15
More
NC State was in to see '19 Gibson Jimerson from St. Christopher's (VA) today, per a source.
Dunlow66
Dunlow66 said:

Keldon Johnson leaves UK without committing. Still a bit unsure if he will be a 'fall' or 'spring' signee.

UK would probably take Johnson or Quentin Grimes right now(Grimes visits Texas this weekend, UK on the 29th). Might be a 'first one to commit' scenario.

I still feel like UK may not be the place for Keldon. Seems like his people are VERY concerned about the roster that Cal will field next year.
This one could get very interesting. I think we could be in Keldon's top two or three right now. Legit shot at landing him, IMO. Good shot at him siging early, which could help us. I hope Dad is serious about wanting to drive to all Keldon's games.
WolfpackSI
Dunlow66 said:

Dunlow66 said:

This one could get very interesting. I think we could be in Keldon's top two or three right now. Legit shot at landing him, IMO. Good shot at him siging early, which could help us. I hope Dad is serious about wanting to drive to all Keldon's games.
For the love of God, I'll drive him to every damn game!

RUN WITH THE PACK KELDON
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
Dunlow66
Danny Manning getting it done at Wake....

Eric BossiVerified account @ebosshoops 53s54 seconds ago
More

Danny Manning is upgrading the recruiting at #WakeForest, Deacs strike with four-star Isaiah Mucius https://
Thunderhill
Dunlow66 said:

Danny Manning getting it done at Wake....

Eric BossiVerified account @ebosshoops 53s54 seconds ago
More

Danny Manning is upgrading the recruiting at #WakeForest, Deacs strike with four-star Isaiah Mucius https://
Wake is really getting congested....
wolfpackfan00

You have to be an ESPN insider to read this...but it is an interesting tweet
Dunlow66
Rumors that Florida has made a strong move in the Devin Dotson recruitment. There were some rumors that we may try to jump back in this one. Looks like KU is sliding a bit after being the perceived leader.
Dunlow66
wolfpackfan00 said:

You have to be an ESPN insider to read this...but it is an interesting tweet
Pretty much the same stuff we have been saying for weeks. State has the PT and shots available for a big like Mccormack and/or a wing like Keldon Johnson.
First Page Last Page
Page 15 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.