Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,198,072 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by SM1987
nryanh94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Dunlow66 said:

jbwbubba said:

Moore announcing on October 8th

Before his UNC visit that was scheduled on the 12th

I'm guessing that makes the likely destination Duke? Any more info here, Dunlow?
Packfan8
Pay attention to tiptonedits post on Instagram, they like to reply to comments. They confirmed it was between ncsu and Tenn for lecque in the comments last week
Packfan8
Williams picked up 2 more CB's for fsu today
Dunlow66
Packfan8 said:

Pay attention to tiptonedits post on Instagram, they like to reply to comments. They confirmed it was between ncsu and Tenn for lecque in the comments last week
Heard it was between us and Duke with Duke looking like the winner.

Only heard from one person that we led, everyone else says Duke gets him.
wufpack7
Packfan8 said:

Williams picked up 2 more CB's for fsu today
That really stinks. My positive side wants to say that since there's no concrete info out there, guys are just going with the most recent visit and copying whoever was first with their CB. But my (much larger) rational and generally negative side says there's very little chance this many guys are making a public guess without there being a fire behind all that smoke.

So as it looks now, there's a pretty decent chance that with us only really recruiting 3 guys the last few months, none of them end up in Raleigh. Do I really have to root for Lecque to have a crappy senior season? Did we focus on Moore too much and not show Williams enough love the last month or so? Should I just take a Xanax and back away for a while?
welppack
Take this for what its worth, but I'll pass along something I read on another site (NOT PP).

The poster claimed that we had led the Patrick Williams recruitment for some time, until a coach mishandled a situation with Patrick Williams parents, hurting our chances.

Anyone know if there is any truth to this?
TheStorm
Dunlow66 said:

jbwbubba said:

Moore announcing on October 8th

Before his UNC visit that was scheduled on the 12th
35 / 35 / 35 / 5 Baby!
WolfpackSI
welppack said:

Take this for what its worth, but I'll pass along something I read on another site (NOT PP).

The poster claimed that we had led the Patrick Williams recruitment for some time, until a coach mishandled a situation with Patrick Williams parents, hurting our chances.

Care to elaborate about what happened?
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
HungryWolf92
Patrick Williams responded to Wendell's "decision" tweet. Pretty interesting. Also Williams bio says " The Underwolf !!" Any idea how long that has been there?
Packfan8
His bio has said that for some time
welppack
WolfpackSI said:

welppack said:

Care to elaborate about what happened?
I read about it from another poster, and they never specified what happened.
ClePack
Williams is going to FSU. Look at his recent twitter follows.
Packfan8
He started following them before his ov a few weeks ago
welppack
Packfan8
Williams is announcing tomorrow at 12 so that's enough time for him to go home and watch us beat bc lol
wufpack7
Well, I guess by Monday evening we'll know were we stand.
Packfan8
I'm glad all of our main targets are announcing early in the process because if we miss on these two that gives us a few more months to get another recruit or just get a grad transfer again
Struttingwolf96
Well, where do you guys have him going? Kind of strange to have Lecque, Williams, & Moore all deciding where their going to school all in a week's span.
Dunlow66
wufpack7 said:

All the late buzz has been Williams to FSU, Moore to Duke

Not worried about it too much. I think Keatts gets kids like this with another year or two under his belt
Dunlow66
Struttingwolf96 said:

Well, where do you guys have him going? Kind of strange to have Lecque, Williams, & Moore all deciding where their going to school all in a week's span.
Not really. Signing period is just around the corner. Moore is right on schedule and Williams always said he could pop at any time.
Packfan8
Any other names to keep an eye on if we miss on both. What about the Lawson kid we offered a little while ago?
Dunlow66
Packfan8 said:

Any other names to keep an eye on if we miss on both. What about the Lawson kid we offered a little while ago?
I think we may wait and see what kids emerge over the fall/winter in HS ball. Maybe we save that spot for a transfer or Post Grad. I dont know of any other targets except Lawson and I am not sure we are a serious player in that one.
wufpack7
It's been over 30 years now since we've done anything of significance. Every year that we don't get the right players is at least one more year until we have a chance to get back to the top. Now obviously that has nothing to do with Keatts, and nothing to do with his ability to eventually get us there. But I'm damn sure gonna be disappointed every year that we miss on our top recruits and prolong our mediocrity. Again, that's not disappointment in Coach Keatts or an indictment of him, but until we start bringing in the players that can consistently keep up with Duke and UNC and UVA, it's going to be disappointing.
Packfan8
I don't know anything that's gone on behind the scenes with Williams but we have a lot of depth at his position from 2-4 and fsu has a lot of positions to fill so it might just be where he can play early and often
apackfan69
Dunlow66 said:

wufpack7 said:

Not worried about it too much. I think Keatts gets kids like this with another year or two under his belt

I agree with you that Keatts will eventually get these kids in a couple of years, but if we don't get Williams or Moore now and Leque blows it up this winter and decided to go pro, then what?
Bulldogwolf27
apackfan69 said:

Dunlow66 said:

wufpack7 said:

I agree with you that Keatts will eventually get these kids in a couple of years, but if we don't get Williams or Moore now and Leque blows it up this winter and decided to go pro, then what?

We have an older and deep roster. You reload with proven players that are transfers or grad transfers. There will be more kids. We got our first 5 star and more top 40 players will come our way soon enough.
Dunlow66
Jaywolf27 said:

apackfan69 said:

Dunlow66 said:

wufpack7 said:

We have an older and deep roster. You reload with proven players that are transfers or grad transfers. There will be more kids. We got our first 5 star and more top 40 players will come our way soon enough.
Sometimes people get too worried about the early signing period.

Coaches get fired, coaches take other jobs and recruits get released
Players from 2020 will reclassify
A few uncommitted HS players will blossom
Some very good players will transfer
JUCO players will get the chance to develop, showcase their game and get their grades in order
PostGrads will hit the market
williewolf
wufpack7 said:

It's been over 30 years now since we've done anything of significance. Every year that we don't get the right players is at least one more year until we have a chance to get back to the top. Now obviously that has nothing to do with Keatts, and nothing to do with his ability to eventually get us there. But I'm damn sure gonna be disappointed every year that we miss on our top recruits and prolong our mediocrity. Again, that's not disappointment in Coach Keatts or an indictment of him, but until we start bringing in the players that can consistently keep up with Duke and UNC and UVA, it's going to be disappointing.
the guys brought in last year as transfers (bryce/daniels) will be ready to hit the ground running and the freshman like hellems, steere, etc. will be developing.....................this is a deep team already and i suspect next year it will be a bit easier to sell the recruits on some playing time being foreseeable

TheWhiteWolf
Someone mentioned it earlier but do we know what happened between a coach and the Williams family or is that just a rumor?
wolverinepack20
Dunlow66 said:

wufpack7 said:

Man.. i'm disappointed, having bodies at the position or not. I always thought (and might be because of your previous quotes) that Williams, not Moore, was the must get for this class. He's going to be great and Hamilton knows how to develop big men.

wufpack7
FSU it is.
Dunlow66
wolverinepack20 said:

Dunlow66 said:

wufpack7 said:

Man.. i'm disappointed, having bodies at the position or not. I always thought (and might be because of your previous quotes) that Williams, not Moore, was the must get for this class. He's going to be great and Hamilton knows how to develop big men.

Wasnt just me. A lot of people felt Williams was the top target in the class for us. I think we missed on a good one.
WolfpackSI
Sad to see Patrick go else where. Thought he would have been an absolute monster at the 4 for KK.

Dun you hit the nail on the head. The early signing period is always nice but so much changes throughout the year. Hell, even Jalen could end up going pro. The most important thing is that we have a coach thats making an impact on kids. That shows with us being in the top 5 of a lot of our targets. Things will really take off when have results on the court.
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
jbwbubba
Williams going to be a stud, sorry to see him go to FSU. I see a lot of teeth grinding when we play noles in future over what could have been.
williewolf
wolverinepack20 said:

Dunlow66 said:

wufpack7 said:

yep.........losing a guy to duke, kansas, etc. is understandable but fsu coming into charlotte and getting a prime target is a tough loss; ....anyway - - wish the guy the best and expect NCSU regroups and lands another skilled guy

i know hindsight is 20/20 but I'm kinda wishing NCSU had went all out for withers before louisville prioritized him and recruited him out of huntersville while NCSU was waiting on the others
First Page Last Page
Page 97 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.