Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,216,889 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by SM1987
Dunlow66
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Better shot at landing Boogie Ellis than Cole Anthony....Anthony could end up at UNC
TheStorm
MarOdoxPhoenician7 said:

Noooooo you are the best, it would take 1 million of me to know as much as half of you :-)

Are moore and Williams same type of players? We can only have one so who you got?
Who says we can only have one?

But if we can only have one the one we probably need the most isn't the one we think we want the most.
Dunlow66
TheStorm said:

MarOdoxPhoenician7 said:

Noooooo you are the best, it would take 1 million of me to know as much as half of you :-)

Are moore and Williams same type of players? We can only have one so who you got?

But if we can only have one the one we probably need the most isn't the one we think we want the most.
I feel like getting Lecque puts us in a better position with Patrick WIlliams than it does with Wendell Moore.

Both Lecque and Moore want the be PGs at the next level...Williams is an NBA SF type but would be a great fit for us to run at PF. Shooting at the PF spot helps open up the lanes to a guy like Lecque.
TheStorm
Dunlow66 said:

TheStorm said:

MarOdoxPhoenician7 said:

I feel like getting Lecque puts us in a better position with Patrick WIlliams than it does with Wendell Moore.

Both Lecque and Moore want the be PGs at the next level...Williams is an NBA SF type but would be a great fit for us to run at PF. Shooting at the PF spot helps open up the lanes to a guy like Lecque.
I just keep thinking about what Keatts could do with someone like Williams' length (and quickness) in a real full court press.
Struttingwolf96
Wonder who could be next, Patrick Williams, Wendell Moore, or maybe both? Keatts is working his magic. What's everybody's guess?
WolfpackSI
I never thought we would get both Leque and Wendell so my guess is that we end up with Williams to make up our 2 man recruiting class.

If have anymore open scholarships then then we will look at traditional transfers.
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
ClePack
Dunlow66 said:

Better shot at landing Boogie Ellis than Cole Anthony....Anthony could end up at UNC
you'd think they'd go hard after the more talented guy
Dunlow66
ClePack said:

Dunlow66 said:

Capel was the connection to Anthony. There were some issues with Cole and Duke once Capel left. Not sure that is a bridge that can be repaired.
Dunlow66
Coach Keatts still working on Moore...........Working HARD on Moore!
TheStorm
Dunlow66 said:

So he wants all 3 then, huh?
Dunlow66
TheStorm said:

Dunlow66 said:

So he wants all 3 then, huh?
We always wanted all three.

Can somebody do an edit with Coach Keatts face on James Brown's body.......because he is the Hardest Working Man in the ACC!
wolfpackjb
Does getting Lecque hurt or help us with Moore? Or does it not really have any effect?
MarOdoxPhoenician7
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://balldurham.com/2018/08/27/duke-basketball-forward-wendell-moore/amp/&ved=2ahUKEwjAit-35urdAhUH7FMKHf_sA_4QFjADegQICBAB&usg=AOvVaw3UzoHic2RDwTS9qH3urFyX&cf=1

Thought that was old and interesting regarding duke and Wendell moore
gopack_83
'19 SF Josh Green is announcing tomorrow. Looks like it's between Arizona and UNC and the momentum is favoring Arizona as of now. I'd assume this would have some type of impact on the Moore recruitment
Dunlow66
MarOdoxPhoenician7 said:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://balldurham.com/2018/08/27/duke-basketball-forward-wendell-moore/amp/&ved=2ahUKEwjAit-35urdAhUH7FMKHf_sA_4QFjADegQICBAB&usg=AOvVaw3UzoHic2RDwTS9qH3urFyX&cf=1

Thought that was old and interesting regarding duke and Wendell moore
Fanside is crap
Dunlow66
Rumors that 'Wendell Moore hasnt made a decision yet' and 'we still have a shot' will not go away.
MarOdoxPhoenician7
Who do you guys prefer between Williams and moore? And yes fan side is no good
ClePack
Dunlow66 said:

ClePack said:

Dunlow66 said:

Capel was the connection to Anthony. There were some issues with Cole and Duke once Capel left. Not sure that is a bridge that can be repaired.
now THAT makes sense. Man. I had no idea how much heavy lifting Capel did
nryanh94
MarOdoxPhoenician7 said:

For me it's a toss up, do you get them for the same amount of time or do you get Williams for a longer period? If the same period, Moore just because I think he's more complete now. But Williams seems to have a greater long term potential
Struttingwolf96
Lets say State does get both Williams & Moore to go with Lecque. The talent on next years roster is absurd. Keatts is looking like he could substitute team B for team A.

A
-Daniels
-BRYCE
-Killeya-Jones
-Moore
-Lecque
B
-Funderburk
-Hellems
-Steere
-Harris
-Beverly
Left
-Bates
-Williams
-WALKER
Dunlow66
Struttingwolf96 said:

Lets say State does get both Williams & Moore to go with Lecque. The talent on next years roster is absurd. Keatts is looking like he could substitute team B for team A.

A
-Daniels
-BRYCE
-Killeya-Jones
-Moore
-Lecque
B
-Funderburk
-Hellems
-Steere
-Harris
-Beverly
Left
-Bates
-Williams
-WALKER

We will lose at least one to transfer(do every year) and maybe one(or more) to the professional ranks.
Struttingwolf96
We will have Dorn & Lockett graduating, plus everyone is saying the Johnson is gonna be gone after this year. Who else do you believe might leave if that was the roster? Lecque, Moore, & Williams are Freshmen. I don't believe Walker, Bryce, Daniels, or Killeya-Jones will transfer again or leave for the NBA early. I believe both Bryce & Daniels are gonna be good, but don't think they will leave early to play pro ball. Bates Will be coni
Struttingwolf96
Sorry, pressed post before finished. Harris, as well as not gonna transfer again or be NBA ready. Bates Will be coming off a Redshirt year. I think Beverly is a 4 year Wolfpacker because of how close he is with Coach Keatts & how the staff & the State Administration backed him during his transfer from Ohio St. The only guys who I believe could leave, & man I hope they dont are Steere & Hellems, which are two of my favorite guys on the team & both have bright futures. I would love for that team to stick together & build something special.
Struttingwolf96
Forgot Funderburk, but don't think he will transfer or be pro ready as well.
PackDaddy
I think Daniels could have a good year and leave.
Dunlow66
Doesnt matter who it is.......how could anyone know already who will transfer or leave early. Not the point

Point is, someone will leave. Maybe more than one. Happens every year and I am not going to just throw **** against the wall to see if it sticks.
Struttingwolf96
Ok
MarOdoxPhoenician7
Dunlow is right lmao hopefully god willing we are still alive by then lol

Do we have any chance at someone outside of moore or williams?
Engineer97
MarOdoxPhoenician7 said:

Both.
Engineer97
Dunlow66 said:

Struttingwolf96 said:

A
-Daniels
-BRYCE
-Killeya-Jones
-Moore
-Lecque

B
-Funderburk
-Hellems
-Steere
-Harris
-Beverly
Left
-Bates
-Williams
-WALKER

We will lose at least one to transfer(do every year) and maybe one(or more) to the professional ranks.
das nasty
TheStorm
Engineer97 said:

MarOdoxPhoenician7 said:

Both.
Agreed.
WOLFDAC
We have a very legit shot at landing Moore and Williams is still Zero Dark Thirty in my camp...meaning...no one really knows.
WOLFDAC
...and the Lecque commitment is great, but there is still a decent chance he never suits up and decides he's ready for the Association. I hope he plays next season, but I consider it to be not a 100% lock he does...time will tell the tale.
jbwbubba
Moore announcing on October 8th

Dunlow66
jbwbubba said:

Moore announcing on October 8th

Before his UNC visit that was scheduled on the 12th
First Page Last Page
Page 96 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.