Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,213,701 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by SM1987
Thunderhill
How long do you want to ignore this user?
jbwbubba said:

Williams going to be a stud, sorry to see him go to FSU. I see a lot of teeth grinding when we play noles in future over what could have been.
Gary Clark II?.....Please, no.
nryanh94
Thunderhill said:

jbwbubba said:

Williams going to be a stud, sorry to see him go to FSU. I see a lot of teeth grinding when we play noles in future over what could have been.

Idk that they're really comparable. The staff worked really hard on Williams and wanted him, he just chose another school. With Clark the staff wanted Abu over Clark and they got him.
TheStorm
Got to pray for the miracle with Moore now... I really don't get the "Hamilton develops" angle - the guys that have gone through there lately that have gone to the league came in extremely highly rated and almost all of them left after two years or less.

To be honest though, if we could only get one. We got the best one for us in my opinion.
Dunlow66
nryanh94 said:

Thunderhill said:

jbwbubba said:

Idk that they're really comparable. The staff worked really hard on Williams and wanted him, he just chose another school. With Clark the staff wanted Abu over Clark and they got him.
very different. More like Adebayo or even Nickleberry this cycle.
Thunderhill
Dunlow66 said:

nryanh94 said:

Thunderhill said:

jbwbubba said:

I'm not talking about the respective players abilities at all. I'm talking about 4 years of moaning about Gary Clark getting away and hoping not to hear it again regarding Williams. He gone. Next.
nryanh94
Thunderhill said:

Dunlow66 said:

nryanh94 said:

Thunderhill said:

jbwbubba said:

I'm not talking about the respective players abilities at all. I'm talking about 4 years of moaning about Gary Clark getting away and hoping not to hear it again regarding Williams. He gone. Next.

The reason people complained about Clark is because we didn't really recruit him, not because he didn't pick us...
MarOdoxPhoenician7
Hearing from (streaky sources) that we are not totally out of it regarding wendell and have half the chance between us and duke

RDUwolfpack
MarOdoxPhoenician7 said:

Hearing from (streaky sources) that we are not totally out of it regarding wendell and have half the chance between us and duke

I'm hearing the same thing.
Packfan8
247 has removed unc from the list of schools he is considering, just thought that was interesting
MarOdoxPhoenician7
My personal expectation is he commits to duke but I would not be surprised at all if he comes to state
TheStorm
MarOdoxPhoenician7 said:

Where are you based out of right now just out of curiosity? (no, not asking your sources)
MarOdoxPhoenician7
Like where do I live? I'm in Raleigh area
apackfan69
Do we know what time Moore is announcing?
williewolf
apackfan69 said:

7 this evening
apackfan69
williewolf said:

apackfan69 said:

7 this evening
Thanks
WolfpackSI
I think we have all heard this story 1 too many times. All signs point to Duke(or UK or KU) buuuuut theres one inside source that says that we aren't out of it. I suggest you all save yourself some heart ache and accept that hes Duke bound.
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
Dunlow66
RDUpackfan said:

MarOdoxPhoenician7 said:

Family loves State
Kid loves Duke

You guys do the math.
MarOdoxPhoenician7
Sure wokfpacksi, I validate your opinion; This is precisely what makes college so fan...expect the unexpected
WolfpackSI
MarOdoxPhoenician7 said:

Like where do I live? I'm in Raleigh area

Probably the Raleigh area
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
wolverinepack20
Dunlow66 said:

RDUpackfan said:

MarOdoxPhoenician7 said:

Family loves State
Kid loves Duke

You guys do the math.
I feel like this has been the case for several players lately.... and hasn't worked out for us. Good luck to him.
MarOdoxPhoenician7
Expected as everyone here thought...Wendell to duke

Expected yet dissapointed
WolfpackSI
MarOdoxPhoenician7 said:

Sure wokfpacksi, I validate your opinion; This is precisely what makes college so fan...expect the unexpected
Thanks for the validation and keep expecting the unexpected

Oh btw, he chose Duke.
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
williewolf
any ideas as to the next potential targets for the remaining scholly?
MarOdoxPhoenician7
You welcome you need it and yea ofc who knows what comes next

Anyway...I expect one of the top 30 kids left we make a push on...I dont think we wait out till transfer market again
Bulldogwolf27
I disagree. I think KK thinks we should get old and stay old unless you go out and get an extremely talented high school kid. I think we save the ship and go with transfer. No reason to take a flyer on a developmental talent.
MarOdoxPhoenician7
I kinda actually agree with what your saying but wouldnt you want to develop your own players from scratch ?
nryanh94
MarOdoxPhoenician7 said:

I kinda actually agree with what your saying but wouldnt you want to develop your own players from scratch ?

Why develop a player when you can get one that's already been developed
MarOdoxPhoenician7
true true im convinced now good job guys
WolfpackSI
Like Dun said, the recruiting landscape is gonna be completely different in the late signing period. Guys are gonna blow up, reclass, or decommit. I still think we still save a scholarships to bring in one more high school kid.
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
TheWhiteWolf
What about saving a scholarship for another player in the 2020 class?
nryanh94
I think Keatts will just hold out for the best player that will fit his needs/system. Whether that is a high school senior, juco, grad transfer, traditional transfer, or class of 2020. You wont see him just handing out scholarships like Gott did!
WOLFDAC
The fact that Manny redshirted helps with available bodies in 2019-20...still doesn't change the schollies, but for all intents and purposes he's more an asset for next season.
Dunlow66
TheWhiteWolf said:

What about saving a scholarship for another player in the 2020 class?
No, IMO, use it is on a transfer who will be ready in 2020. Had enough of that 'saving scholarships' stuff in the past.

Why wait on some freshman we may or may not be able to land a year from now? Especially if we can get a player who gets to sit for a year and learn the sytem and then be both physically and mentally ready to contribute from 'day one' of eligibility

Dunlow66
WOLFDAC said:

The fact that Manny redshirted helps with available bodies in 2019-20...still doesn't change the schollies, but for all intents and purposes he's more an asset for next season.
In reality, Manny is the first member of the 2019 class. Lecque is the second.

Gives us a Post and a CG. Need a shooter and we are good,
WOLFDAC
Bingo...the RS season helps out a lot moving forward and I would think we could get a nice complimentary grad transfer to plug in next season...we still have to play the "wait and see" with Lecque and his senior year.
First Page Last Page
Page 98 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.