Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,228,260 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by SM1987
twentytoe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Man I have looked everywhere and can't find a thing in reference to what was said.
Da Pack since 75.
Struttingwolf96
Dunlow66
Love Jaden Springer in the 2020 class but dont think we are a contender now that he has kinda blown up on the national scene and moved to IMG in Florida.
gopack_83
Who does everyone think has the highest ceiling out of Lecque, Moore, and Williams?
nryanh94
James Bishop to LSU,

And for upside I gotta got Lecque. If he can developers help his shot and pg skills he'll be a terror. Has all the physical tools.
rwwalsh
Josiah James to UT. Clemson just can't catch a break.
Willies1
Experts wrong again. Barnes can recruit. Maybe a throrn in our side.
Packfan8
So does that mean Tennessee is out for lecque
twentytoe
I would say that if Lecque doesn't go to the NBA, then I think he comes here, just my opinion though.
Da Pack since 75.
Dunlow66
Packfan8 said:

So does that mean Tennessee is out for lecque
no
Dunlow66
rwwalsh said:

Josiah James to UT. Clemson just can't catch a break.
LOL
1985 NCSU Grad
https://www.moultrienews.com/sports/josiah-james-my-decision/article_d4781d9a-bb73-11e8-86d9-532895fb4526.html

Josiah James - My Decision

What are you supposed to think when you call Rick Barnes from a parking lot outside of an AAU tournament at 13 years old and he offers you a scholarship to Tennessee? You know what I mean? But you can't ever duplicate the feeling of that first big-time offer, man. I'd just had the worst game ever too. Four points, five turnovers, maybe two assists. I was shocked when Coach Barnes told me that he loved my game and wanted to offer. A school like Tennessee is so prestigious. That was my first big offer, first time talking to a Power 5 school. I'll never get that feeling again. I was barely even a teenager. They saw something in me from Day 1 and that really meant a lot to me.
Dunlow66
Tennesse staff wasnt expecting this one. Rumors they were surprised to even get a visit.

Dont dismiss them with Lecque either.
Dunlow66
Watch for Lecque to visit Texas Tech next....
Dunlow66
Willies1 said:

More than one expert had an article already written with James committing to Clemson.

I think Zags even released his before deleting it.
Packfan8
Rivals is reporting that Patrick Williams committed to FSU, they took it down and it now says decommitted what is going on there
Packfan8
Now I've read where he is visiting fsu this weekend
Dunlow66
Packfan8 said:

Now I've read where he is visiting fsu this weekend
Visiting Friday
Willies1
Dunlow66 said:

Willies1 said:

More than one expert had an article already written with James committing to Clemson.

. Just saying the crystal ball is not always right.
Willies1
Willies1 said:

Dunlow66 said:

Willies1 said:

Same thing with Zion Williamson. The experts are not always right.
And message boards
Engineer97
1985 NCSU Grad said:

https://www.moultrienews.com/sports/josiah-james-my-decision/article_d4781d9a-bb73-11e8-86d9-532895fb4526.html

What are you supposed to think when you call Rick Barnes from a parking lot outside of an AAU tournament at 13 years old and he offers you a scholarship to Tennessee? You know what I mean? But you can't ever duplicate the feeling of that first big-time offer, man. I'd just had the worst game ever too. Four points, five turnovers, maybe two assists. I was shocked when Coach Barnes told me that he loved my game and wanted to offer. A school like Tennessee is so prestigious. That was my first big offer, first time talking to a Power 5 school. I'll never get that feeling again. I was barely even a teenager. They saw something in me from Day 1 and that really meant a lot to me.

This just so strange. It just doesn't smell right. What is going on at Duke?
Struttingwolf96
Exactly, can go by CB.
Struttingwolf96
Definitely agree.
Dunlow66
Willies1 said:

Dunlow66 said:

Willies1 said:

People who are usually correct missed on this one. Doenst mean they will be wrong next time.

and I am not talking crystal balls....I am talking about people who are very connected to recruiting. Even coaches were surprised by this one.
Willies1
It is just recruiting I have kept up with it for 40 years. Since dinky proctor and Ernie Myers. You can read and think you know where kids are going. But in the end nobody knows.
Willies1
Just think about bam and amile Jefferson. All the experts thought we had them and where did they go. Just fun to keep up with.
Engineer97
The Duke 247 page has some interesting posts on their free bb board. They are kind of worried - for the near future and further down the road. Could this at least be the start of the beginning of the end of the K era? The UNC 247 site has some interesting posts too about the matter, though you have to kind of filter the baby blue spin out.
Dunlow66
Engineer97 said:

1985 NCSU Grad said:

This just so strange. It just doesn't smell right. What is going on at Duke?
no Capel to close the deal
Packfan8
Reading on the Tennessee message boards that they're done recruiting for this class unless things change in the spring, this could be good for us but I suspect that lecque is going to drag this out until may
Dunlow66
Packfan8 said:

Reading on the Tennessee message boards that they're done recruiting for this class unless things change in the spring, this could be good for us but I suspect that lecque is going to drag this out until may
Said before....watch out for TCU. Jamie Dixon knows how to recruit NYC kids.
Packfan8
Looks like they have already used up their two scholarships for this class but,they have 8 freshaman so you have to except at least one will be unhappy this year and bounce
CLTWolf
Dunlow66 said:

Packfan8 said:

He was better when he had Slice Rohrssen on the bench with him.
Packfan8
Dun, do we have to worry about fsu with Patrick Williams or do you still think that we have a good chance
Struttingwolf96
Not Dunlow66, but have heard State was in good shape with all 3 of Moore, Williams, & Lecque following their officials to Raleigh & in-home visits with both Moore & Williams. Keatts even went to watch Lecque. Now, I've started wondering about Williams, wasnt before. I think Fla.St(main competition) & Clemson(just lost the SC kid to Tenn) are going hard after Williams, he's gonna stay in the ACC, I'm pretty sure. We have been his top school, but began to wonder when the staff offered the Lawson kid, plus with Williams visiting Tallahassee now. Don't know what's going on there. Believe State still leads for Lecque at this point & Keatts has really impressed Moore, he's the main reason State is in it for him. UNC back in it with him as well. Still holding out hope the Pack can get 2 of Williams, Moore, or Lecque. Don't know to much about Lawson's recruitment.
Dunlow66
CLTWolf said:

Dunlow66 said:

Packfan8 said:

He was better when he had Slice Rohrssen on the bench with him.
Slice flamed out a bit himself without Dixon.
First Page Last Page
Page 89 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.