Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,223,950 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by SM1987
1985 NCSU Grad
How long do you want to ignore this user?
NC Class of 2022 information per PHReport

http://www.phenomhoopreport.com/2018/09/04/north-carolinas-2020-class-is-next-in-line/

6'10" Christian Reeves - Providence Day (Charlotte)
In looking at Reeves it is all upside, and boy is that upside there. Still a little awkward and thin, there are flashes of brilliance each time you watch him. He has great hands and easy touch with range. As he continues to get used to his size and gains strength he could stretch out to be a true seven-footer. With athleticism and touch and the ability to run, there is so much to like here. Keep close tabs.

This is a friends of mine's son. His dad played college basketball and is about 6'9" 245 lbs and played at Belmont Abbey. Christian just took an unofficial visit to USC this past weekend for the UGA vs USC game to see the sites.
Dunlow66
Lecque taking OV to Tennessee this weekend

2020 Pack target Jalen Cone also visiting on unofficial visit
dogplasma
Dunlow66 said:

Any thoughts on our interest in Cone at this stage (and vice versa)? Based on what little I know about him, he seems like an exciting player. Aren't you pretty high on him as a prospect? IIRC, size may be the main issue with him.
Dunlow66
dogplasma said:

Dunlow66 said:

Any thoughts on our interest in Cone at this stage (and vice versa)? Based on what little I know about him, he seems like an exciting player. Aren't you pretty high on him as a prospect? IIRC, size may be the main issue with him.
Love the kids game but I dont think we are pushing like others on this one.

Va Tech is probably leading, Wake(also getting a visit this week) and Clemson look like others in the ACC who are trying to land Cone. Ole Miss visiting him this week. VCU also trying
Dunlow66
JakeVerified account @jakeweingarten 2h2 hours ag
Louisville's Chris Mack will visit 2019 four-star Patrick Williams today, sources tell Stockrisers.

Maryland did an 'in home' visit yesterday
Florida State and Va Tech also stopped in on Monday.
metcalfmafia
We are going to be going head to head with Mack for years to come.
Riddickulous
Yep. Mack is already a pain in the butt, and he hasn't even coached a game yet. Why did he have to end up in the ACC...why?
Dunlow66
Riddickulous said:

Yep. Mack is already a pain in the butt, and he hasn't even coached a game yet. Why did he have to end up in the ACC...why?
also has Dino on the staff.
Dunlow66
@TheDailyHoopMix 3h3 hours ago
More

Retweeted Chuck Lawson
Chandler Lawson has received offers from NC State and South Carolina. Younger brother of Dedric and KJ of Kansas University
Dunlow66
dam FinkelsteinVerified account @AdamFinkelstein 4h4 hours ago
More

Stanford head coach Jerod Haase was at @BrewsterHoops today for Kai Jones while NC State head coach Kevin Keatts was there for Jalen Lecque.
Dunlow66
Dunlow66 said:

@TheDailyHoopMix 3h3 hours ago
More

Retweeted Chuck Lawson
Chandler Lawson has received offers from NC State and South Carolina. Younger brother of Dedric and KJ of Kansas University
Samad H. @CoachHines28 2m2 minutes ago
More

Oak Hill Academy (VA) 2019 W Chandler Lawson (@chandlerlawson0) is expected to be on campus at Ole Miss this weekend for his official
Dunlow66
tripchuck
My only question is: can he dunk the ball?
Bulldogwolf27
Josiah James canceled his visit to Duke. Announce in the next couple of days. Will be staying home for Clemson. Not helping us with Moore at all. He is definitely Duke bound.
david37
I don't follow basketball closely, so forgive me if my question is not relevant.

I actually watched the Jalen Lecque video.

Are all Summer League games so defenseless ? It reminded me of an 80's-era NBA All-Star game.

Lecque 's athleticism is undeniable, but I would ponder that it's difficult to get a read on other less talented kids due to the lack of effort on defense.
Packfan8
So Williams hasn't scheduled any other visits that I know of, is this a good thing for us?
Dunlow66
Packfan8 said:

So Williams hasn't scheduled any other visits that I know of, is this a good thing for us?
He has been doing 'in home' visits. Had FSU, Va Tech, Virginia, Louisville all in to see him(and NC State) in the past week
Dunlow66
Jaywolf27 said:

Josiah James canceled his visit to Duke. Announce in the next couple of days. Will be staying home for Clemson. Not helping us with Moore at all. He is definitely Duke bound.
Moore, IMO, was Duke bound with or without James. Good get for Clemson after Duke stole Zion from Clemson last year.
Dunlow66
Dunlow66 said:

Jaywolf27 said:

Moore, IMO, was Duke bound with or without James. Good get for Clemson after Duke stole Zion from Clemson last year.
Duke missing on James could...maybe....get them back involved with Jalen Lecque.

Now if Moore doesnt commit on his visit this week...or soon after, then Duke may have an issue.

Lotta people think losing Capel has really hurt more than expected.
Dunlow66
Kinda nice to watch Duke miss on their top targets for a change........
gopack_83
Just speculating here, but do you think it could be due to K maybe telling these guys he doesn't plan on being around much longer?
gopack_83

I remember us watching this guy for a little while, not sure if we ever offered
RDUwolfpack
gopack_83 said:

Just speculating here, but do you think it could be due to K maybe telling these guys he doesn't plan on being around much longer?

K would tell no one his retire date.
Bulldogwolf27
gopack_83 said:

No offer, just evaluated. He is going to be a good player at the aac level. Great get for them.
Bulldogwolf27
Jaywolf27 said:

gopack_83 said:

No offer, just evaluated. He is going to be a good player at the aac level. Great get for them.

Reminds me of a smaller Landry Shamet who just left for the NBA
Bulldogwolf27
Dunlow66 said:

Kinda nice to watch Duke miss on their top targets for a change........

It's wonderful! For a while it seemed like that could get anyone they pushed for. And some kids they didn't push hard for.
Dunlow66
gopack_83 said:

Capel was their closer.
WolfpackSI
Why would K tell anyone when he is gonna retire? He wants to win big and win now. Neither Roy or K are telling anyone when they are gonna retire.

Duke is hurting from losing Capel period. Duke's reputation + K's legacy + Capel's connections and ability to connect with kids today was the perfect combination to clean up on the recruiting trail. We all are very aware of the results. However, Duke still has two pieces of the puzzle so they will still get talent but now theres a teeny tiny window open for other programs. That is what you are seeing right now.
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
Dunlow66
Sounds like Coach Keatts did a heck of a job with Wendell Moore on the OV. Gave the family something to think about.
Wolfnate77
Dunlow66 said:

Sounds like Coach Keatts did a heck of a job with Wendell Moore on the OV. Gave the family something to think about.
So there's a chance.
Law of the Wolf
Why would it matter if K was retiring? He only recruits "one and dones," so he would be there for their one year. If he was recruiting 3-4 year players, his age and potential retirement date might be an issue. But, not fo his targets.
twentytoe
Why do you say that Dun? Anything to add to it?
Da Pack since 75.
metcalfmafia
twentytoe said:

Why do you say that Dun? Anything to add to it?
Duke message boards.
Dunlow66
Pat Lawless @PatLawless_ 3h3 hours ago
More

Wendell Moore Jr., a class of 2019 Guard from Cox Mill (NC), has an in home visit tonight with North Carolina HC Roy Williams and AC Hubert Davis.
Dunlow66
Louisville getting a commit from Top 50 SF Samuel WIlliamson. Dont see how they take another wing with this kid, Withers and Josh Nickelberry committed.....so guessing they are not going to be in it for Patrick WIlliams
First Page Last Page
Page 88 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.