Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,198,363 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by SM1987
Dunlow66
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Struttingwolf96 said:

So with a lot of people thinking Antoine was headed to Duke & with him now committing to Villanova, does everyone think that Moore, who like Anoine, everyone said would end up at Duke think State might have more of a shot now? Anyway how did Moore's visit go, has anyone heard?
we aint Nova
Struttingwolf96
I agree with u Dunlow66. You gotta start somewhere, why not with Moore. I believe Keatts can take State there, u know there was one point where Villanova fans said the same thing about going against Duke, but State has one thing going for it playing in the ACC & also showing we can beat Duke on the court, no matter how stacked a lot of people think there roster is. It's just good to be in the conversation for such a highly thought of player in Keatts' second year.
Struttingwolf96
I will be extremely happy with a 2-man class of Williams & Lecque. I believe most Wolfpack fans would take that class.
Packfan8
Eric Bossi has leaked that Patrick Williams is officially visiting this weekend, in his article about players on the rise
Dunlow66
Packfan8 said:

Eric Bossi has leaked that Patrick Williams is officially visiting this weekend, in his article about players on the rise
LOL...told you we would have 'moore' than one visitor.

I think Williams is the better fit for us right now than Moore.
Packfan8
Your original post saying "Moore than one visitor" threw me off because I thought that meant Wendell Moore was coming back for an unofficial lol
Dunlow66
Packfan8 said:

Your original post saying "Moore than one visitor" threw me off because I thought that meant Wendell Moore was coming back for an unofficial lol
at first it was just a typo......but then I kinda thought it was funny so I ran with it.
Dunlow66
Thought it would be interesting to look at what ESPN's NBA talent evaluator Jonathan Giovany thinks of Patrick WIllams.

Patrick Williams | SF/PF | Class of 2019
6-7 | West Charlotte HS | Charlotte, N.C.

Somewhat of a late bloomer, Williams burst onto the scene with his play this spring and summer. He continued that momentum with a strong camp, looking like a much better long-term prospect than the borderline top-50 player he's currently ranked as by recruiting services.

Williams was one of the most gifted prospects at the entire event from a physical standpoint, with a 6-11 wingspan, chiseled frame and freakish athleticism, doing some ridiculous things around the basket all weekend long when elevating off two feet. While not known for his shooting and looking somewhat streaky with it in drills, Williams came alive in the showcase game and knocked down a barrage of jumpers with his feet set and off the dribble (three 3s overall). The fact that he's 58-of-153 from beyond the arc (38 percent) in 62 games, according to Krossover, further backs that up. He was a real mismatch operating from the power forward position, something he's definitely strong and long enough to do at pretty much any level, aided by his impressive level of toughness, competitiveness and no-nonsense approach.

Williams' skill level and feel for the game is still a work in progress at this stage, particularly his passing ability, and he is still learning how to put his tools to full use on the defensive end, where he's not particularly fundamentally sound and mostly lives off his instincts. Williams fits a prototype for what NBA teams are looking for and generated some buzz with his play among scouts. The fact that he has yet to turn 17 while some players in his class are about to turn 19 only adds to the intrigue.
pack1502
Lecque and Williams are posting on Instagram about their visit and talking about seeing each other there. Is it okay to start getting excited?
Packfan8
I have no inside knowledge about either players recruitment but Williams seems like a really quite kid and for him to post on his Instagram story seems like a good sign to me.
TheStorm
pack1502 said:

Lecque and Williams are posting on Instagram about their visit and talking about seeing each other there. Is it okay to start getting excited?
All we need is one year out of Lecque and hopefully two years out of Williams and you will see the complete ignition of the Keatts era at State... this would be exactly how you start upon the path to becoming one of the elite programs again.

I know the visit will go well. I feel great about Patrick based on what I have read here from others that pay close attention to basketball recruiting - think about what they post - and share it with us. Keeping my fingers crossed on the French kid.
Struttingwolf96
Does anyone know what time both Williams & Lecque start their official visit today?
wolfpackfan00
Struttingwolf96 said:

Does anyone know what time both Williams & Lecque start their official visit today?

Lecque flew into Raleigh last night
Struttingwolf96
Ok thanks, I hadnt heard anything.
Dunlow66
Wendell Moore visiting Wake this weekend then Duke the next weekend.

NCSU and Duke will see him sometime next week.

Duke looks to still be in the driver's seat.
Dunlow66
Justin Byerly @JustinByerly 7h7 hours ago
More

ECU and UNC-Wilmington will be in on Monday to see 2020 guard Justin Wright and 2021 Terquavion Smith of Farmville Central HS. Smith takes unofficial visit to NC State next Saturday 9/15.

Have not seen this kid yet but I hope to this BBall season. Farmville also had Tyler Maye(transfer from VCU) a couple of years ago. Lot of talent coming through that area right now with UNC commit Dayron Sharpe nearby at South Central
Dunlow66
Former Pack target Jaylen Withers on OV to Louisville this weekend. Wouldnt be surprised to see him commit. Think that would take them out of the Patrick Williams recruitment.with Nickleberry already committed.
Packfan8
Packfan8
We have picked up a crystal ball for Williams
TheStorm
Packfan8 said:

OMG. I see the French Kid!
TheStorm
TheStorm said:

Packfan8 said:

OMG. I see the French Kid!
Somebody taller in the middle of that same row!
WolfpackSI
Is that really the French kid??Can't tell if you guys are joking lol
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
Engineer97
That's Lecque in the blue shorts. Not sure he is from France.
nryanh94
WolfpackSI said:

Is that really the French kid??Can't tell if you guys are joking lol

They're being facetious
Engineer97
My bad.
Packfan8
Withers to Louisville, does this take them out of the running for Williams?
WolfpackSI
Packfan8 said:

yup
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
williewolf
Packfan8 said:

pack seemingly never got too involved here; north meck also has a major underclassmen prospect
Packfan8
Any news on how well the visita went, I think I just read that lecque is going to Tennessee this weekend
Dunlow66
Carson Mccorkle @carson_m2433 10h10 hours ago
More

Very Excited to announce an offer from the University of Virginia!! #wahoos
Dunlow66
williewolf said:

Packfan8 said:

pack seemingly never got too involved here; north meck also has a major underclassmen prospect
Withers is transferring. Leaving NC for Cleveland Heights HS program in Ohio.

As for North Meck....are you talking about Chris Ford?
CLTWolf
Dunlow66 said:

williewolf said:

Packfan8 said:

He's probably talking about Tristan Maxwell, Vernon's kid. I thought there was talk about him leaving North Meck as well, if he already hasn't left.
Dunlow66
CLTWolf said:

Dunlow66 said:

williewolf said:

Packfan8 said:

He's probably talking about Tristan Maxwell, Vernon's kid. I thought there was talk about him leaving North Meck as well, if he already hasn't left.
He threw me with 'underclassmen'. Maxwell is 2020. I move kids up to the next class as soon as AAU starts in the summer.
Dunlow66
Hoops Central @HoopsCentral7 1h1 hour ago
More

NC State, Florida State, and Virginia Tech held in-home visits with 2019 4-Star Guard Patrick Williams yesterday.
Packfan8
Patrick Williams has moved up to 38 according to rivals 150
First Page Last Page
Page 87 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.