Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,224,476 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by SM1987
PackDaddy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I think it's a possibility that Daniels has a breakout year and won't be back. I think we will have at least 3 scholarships available if not 4 when everything is said and done.
nryanh94
Struttingwolf96 said:

Have heard this on here before. Why do you not see Markell not coming back for next year, the team has yet to play a game this year? Is it grades that are an issue or is there talk he wants to head overseas & play? He has shown to be a solid player, but I don't know if he will be NBA ready by years end. He may lead the team in assist & steals, but scoring wise I see him maybe as the 4th or 5th option behind Daniels, Dorn, & Bryce. I could be wrong, I believe the team is gonna be really good this year, but if Johnson has a year where he is able to get drafted then it could be a special year.
He's and uber athletic PG, who can get to the basket at will and has a great BBall IQ, and is also a fantastic defender when he focuses on it. The only thing holding Markell from being a first round pick is developing a reliable jump shot, and I think that happens this year.
Struttingwolf96
Talked to a friend of mine earlier. Said unc has gotten back in the picture with Moore. I know at one point I was hearing it was down to a Duke & State battle & unc had faded to third. That might not be the case now from what I'm hearing. Heard the unc staff is now pushing coming in & playing the PG position, like State is where they can move White to the SG next year. UNC White's gonna play PG mostly this year, with Woods backing him up & Williams at the SG. Freshman Rechon Black, Moore's old teammate has been in his ear more lately as well. I know unc has the PG commit Francis out of OH supposedly coming next year, but he injured his knee & it wouldn't surprise me if the tar holes try to back out of that commit & go after Moore. Hopefully Tre Mann, the PG out of FL will end up committing to unc like a lot of experts are thinking he might. I was hoping Keatts & State could pull Moore in, but I'll still take a class of Williams & Lecque.
WOLFDAC
At Dunlow...no, I haven't heard anything about TCU on the rumor mill...not saying it has no credence, but I'm just getting back in the loop. I've got my ears and eyes open so I'll chime in if I hear anything.
Struttingwolf96
Looks like State won't be a top contender for Top 50 prospect Marcus Watson out of GA. Even though the Pack made his Final 10 list of schools it doesn't look like the SF Watson, formerly from NC, is gonna be visiting Raleigh. One more guy off the Pack's radar.
CLTWolf
Struttingwolf96 said:

Looks like State won't be a top contender for Top 50 prospect Marcus Watson out of GA. Even though the Pack made his Final 10 list of schools it doesn't look like the SF Watson, formerly from NC, is gonna be visiting Raleigh. One more guy off the Pack's radar.
State hasn't offered him.
TheStorm
CLTWolf said:

Struttingwolf96 said:

State hasn't offered him.
That probably has an impact on his decision.
Struttingwolf96
Check again, yes they did last July.
Struttingwolf96
No, the staff had back off & focused mainly more on Williams, Moore, & Lecque.
CLTWolf
Struttingwolf96 said:

Check again, yes they did last July.
No, they haven't. He really likes State and if there was a legit offer on the table, he'd be visiting here w/ a quickness.
Struttingwolf96
He came to Raleigh for an unofficial visit back last September. He hasn't been put on the offer list on this site. If you want go look on Packinsider & read his interview that was ran on August 4th, a few weeks ago.
TheStorm
I'm starting to think that I miss cedarmaronite7777, now that I've had time to think about it...
Dunlow66
Never thought we would get him anyway. AW Hamilton was the asst who had a shot at getting Watson.

BC, GA Tech, Texas Tech, OK State getting visits.

Ga Tech has been on him for a while.
CLTWolf
Struttingwolf96 said:

He came to Raleigh for an unofficial visit back last September. He hasn't been put on the offer list on this site. If you want go look on Packinsider & read his interview that was ran on August 4th, a few weeks ago.
I'm sorry buddy, he doesn't have an offer. Check pack insider again. There's write ups there saying he was still waiting on an offer as recently as December. If he doesn't have an offer in December of 2017 then he didn't have an offer in July of 2017.

There's also paid analysts on other more reputable sites than Pack Insider that have posted (this AM even) that Watson doesn't have an offer.
CLTWolf
Dunlow66 said:

Never thought we would get him anyway. AW Hamilton was the asst who had a shot at getting Watson.

Kid really likes State. He gets an offer I'd bet he takes a visit.
PackDaddy
I can fill that void for you!

On November 31st we will get three commitments. One of which will be a descendent of a great Dothraki Khal.
Struttingwolf96
CLTWolf, check for the article written by Matthew Bradham from Packinsider posted on August 4th, 2018. You might not have read the article further down then because it is kind of misleading. The article is titled 4-Star 2019 SF Marcus Watson list NC State in his top 10.
Struttingwolf96
The different sites that I have checked on has shown Marcus Watson as having an offer from NC State.
Dunlow66
CLTWolf said:

Dunlow66 said:

Even if he visits, I think he goes elsewhere. Pastner has put in a lot of work on this one. He is one of their top priorities..
CLTWolf
Dunlow66 said:

CLTWolf said:

Dunlow66 said:

Even if he visits, I think he goes elsewhere. Pastner has put in a lot of work on this one. He is one of their top priorities..
I don't disagree but an offer from us would change things for this kid, IMO (and the opinion of people that get paid to do this stuff).

We're obviously going to wait this deal out w/ the other kids higher on the proverbial board.
CLTWolf
Struttingwolf96 said:

The different sites that I have checked on has shown Marcus Watson as having an offer from NC State.
Link me to an article where he's stated he has an offer. I can post a bunch where he's stated that he doesn't have an offer yet. Dated after this July offer you previously said he had.

the NC State rivals page doesn't list Watson under 2019 kids having offers.

All good, this has run its course.
TheStorm
PackDaddy said:

I can fill that void for you!

On November 31st we will get three commitments. One of which will be a descendent of a great Dothraki Khal.
Oh... don't worry, the void has already been filled. And then some.
Dunlow66
Offer....no offer. Things like this happen. I think any 'offer' to Watson was also contingent on AW Hamilton being here. Since AW moved on, our intertest in Watson fell. Staff hasnt felt the urge to circle back and rebuild the relationship. At best, he was a secondary target.

DIdnt we have a football player commit to us with no offer...think he finally gets a chance to play in the Carter...very soon.
CLTWolf
Dunlow66 said:

No offer. Things like this happen. I think any 'offer' to Watson was also contingent on AW Hamilton being here. Since AW moved on, our intertest in Watson fell. Staff hasnt felt the urge to circle back and rebuild the relationship. At best, he was a secondary target.

DIdnt we have a football player commit to us with no offer...think he finally gets a chance to play in the Carter...very soon.
FTFY.

I emailed a buddy that works for one of the recruiting networks and he said no offer. Said Watson pooped the bed in the April eval period in front of the coaches while playing w/ AOT before switching to GA Stars. He's a back up to Moore and Williams. He said that Watson tweets out every offer he gets and if you look, no offer tweet.

Regardless, recruiting is what it is until Moore and Williams (and Lecque) decide.
Law of the Wolf
Agreed. I would take Williams over Lecque as well. Hoping for a Williams/Moore class. I think that is our best case scenario. And, hoping Markell stays.
Dunlow66
Tre Mann @tre2mann3 11m11 minutes ago
More

"HOMETOWN HERO" I'm 100% committed to The University of Florida GO GATORS

UNC misses on another PG. Would not be surprised to see CJ Walker also go to Florida with his AAU teammate.
Dunlow66
Phenom Hoop Report @Phenom_Hoops Aug 27
More

6'5 2020 Jaden Springer of IMG Academy (FL) has now been offered by Kansas
TheStorm
Talked to a friend of mine earlier, yeah right... nothing to do with the Moore Mixtape video and headline plastered all over it that was posted on premium yesterday where you post at least once a day.

Just as long as we all are on the same page here, right?
Dunlow66
6-4 Combo Guard RJ Hampton could be reclassifying from 2020 to 2019. Hampton is a 'top 5' player in the 2020 class

If so, look for Duke to make a strong push and this could impact the Wendel Moore recruitment.

A few Duke guys think Moore is gonna pop for Duke before making his last OV(to UNC). They are confident in landing Moore, CG Josiah James and at least one if not two more guards...Bryan Antonie(dogfight with Villanova), RJ Hampton(if he reclasses) or maybe even Cole Anthony.

Bulldogwolf27
I'm glad Mann didn't go to unc. I feel like he is gonna be really good
Dunlow66
Struttingwolf96 said:

Talked to a friend of mine earlier. Said unc has gotten back in the picture with Moore. I know at one point I was hearing it was down to a Duke & State battle & unc had faded to third. That might not be the case now from what I'm hearing. Heard the unc staff is now pushing coming in & playing the PG position, like State is where they can move White to the SG next year. UNC White's gonna play PG mostly this year, with Woods backing him up & Williams at the SG. Freshman Rechon Black, Moore's old teammate has been in his ear more lately as well. I know unc has the PG commit Francis out of OH supposedly coming next year, but he injured his knee & it wouldn't surprise me if the tar holes try to back out of that commit & go after Moore. Hopefully Tre Mann, the PG out of FL will end up committing to unc like a lot of experts are thinking he might. I was hoping Keatts & State could pull Moore in, but I'll still take a class of Williams & Lecque.
I hear UNC has no shot at Moore.
Dunlow66
Moore also cancels South Carolina visit. Down to the 'in state' schools only.
williewolf
Dunlow66 said:

Struttingwolf96 said:

I hear UNC has no shot at Moore.
how about wake?..........
Struttingwolf96
That's what I was hearing as well. This guy, who told me this, is a die hard tar hole fan who had been telling me unc was out of it for a while with Moore. The other day he came into my office & said that unc was back in it for Moore(he was grinning from ear to ear). He didn't know exactly what had occurred, but said this come from someone in Moore's family that unc was back in it again along with duke & State. So I'm gonna take his word on it, he's been right on a lot of recruiting things when it comes to unc prospects. I'm hoping State can still pull him in.
Dunlow66
Moore is going to Duke unless Keatts can pull more than a rabbit out of his hat.

I will gladly bow down to the 'new Coach K' if Keatts can get Moore to NCSU. I think the young man would thrive in our offense.
First Page Last Page
Page 85 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.