Basketball recruiting and transfers

Dunlow66
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Lecque just dropped 20 spots to #35 overall in the new 247 rankings......now I know we must be getting him.
Dunlow66
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Shedrick jumps to #52.....Patrick Williams to #54(up 9 spots)


No offense to Shedrick, but he should not, IMO, be ranked ahead of Patrick Williams at all.
Dunlow66
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Pack target Christian Brown plummets to #69. Have not heard a lot about him and NCSU lately.



Greg Gnatt(77) and Juwan Gary(78) now ranked over 20 spots behind Patrick Williams and dropping.

Withers(121) and Nickleberry(154) have dropped well out of the top 100
Packfan8
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Why was there such a big drop for him, does this help point him away from the nba? I know these rankings really mean nothing but 35??
TheStorm
How long do you want to ignore this user?
State still closing in on that French kid, Lecque? Eh? Right on schedule, Oui?
gopack_83
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Patrick Williams may be the most underrated recruit of 2019
Willies1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
i think the problems that have been discussed. Shooting and him not being a point guard is catching up with him in the rankings.
Struttingwolf96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I think when the season is over both Williams & Lecque will be ranked higher than they are now. Doesn't matter to me where they are ranked now, they both I believe are underrated & will be out to prove it.
WolfpackSI
How long do you want to ignore this user?
What cause lecque to drop so much? Is he hurt? Please dont tell me its bc they blue bloods arent recruiting him lol.

This might actually sway him from not going to the nba? Maybe it works out in our favor for once???
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
williewolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
where is moore ranked in the update?
nryanh94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
williewolf said:

where is moore ranked in the update?
27th
TheStorm
How long do you want to ignore this user?
nryanh94 said:

williewolf said:

where is Moore ranked in the update?
27th
Huh? Something seems really out of whack here.

That better explains the Lecque ranking as well, IMO.
Struttingwolf96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
It's all about who you know & money when it comes to these rankings & if you have NC State as one of your favorites your gonna be ranked low or drop in the them before the season starts. Now if your favorites are unc, Duke, Kent, Kan, UCLA your gonna get plenty of love. Moore & Lecque are high on State, same for Williams, Shedrick jumped him even though most believe Williams should be ranked higher.
TheStorm
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I did not realize that Duke and Moore no longer had any mutual interest in one another. I better start paying better attention from here on out.
Dunlow66
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TheStorm said:

I did not realize that Duke and Moore no longer had any mutual interest in one another. I better start paying better attention from here on out.
Personally, I think Moore trying to play PG is a bit of a mistake right now. I feel like the young man has more of a 'TJ Warren' skill set at his disposal. Might be making the mistake of not being the best 'scorer' on the court by trying to be more of a facilitator. Sometimes you just have to do what you do best.............
WolfPacker54
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Dunlow66 said:

TheStorm said:

I did not realize that Duke and Moore no longer had any mutual interest in one another. I better start paying better attention from here on out.
Personally, I think Moore trying to play PG is a bit of a mistake right now. I feel like the young man has more of a 'TJ Warren' skill set at his disposal. Might be making the mistake of not being the best 'scorer' on the court by trying to be more of a facilitator. Sometimes you just have to do what you do best.............
Every kid nowadays wants to be a Steph Curry, not a TJ Warren. Not everybody can be the superstar though, somebody has to be the efficient role player and I'm sure TJ is pretty happy with being a 20 PPG NBA starter.
nryanh94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TheStorm said:

I did not realize that Duke and Moore no longer had any mutual interest in one another. I better start paying better attention from here on out.


Huh? Where did this come from? Am I missing something I lol
Dunlow66
How long do you want to ignore this user?
WolfPacker54 said:

Dunlow66 said:

TheStorm said:

I did not realize that Duke and Moore no longer had any mutual interest in one another. I better start paying better attention from here on out.
Personally, I think Moore trying to play PG is a bit of a mistake right now. I feel like the young man has more of a 'TJ Warren' skill set at his disposal. Might be making the mistake of not being the best 'scorer' on the court by trying to be more of a facilitator. Sometimes you just have to do what you do best.............
Every kid nowadays wants to be a Steph Curry, not a TJ Warren. Not everybody can be the superstar though, somebody has to be the efficient role player and I'm sure TJ is pretty happy with being a 20 PPG NBA starter.
and if Moore does as expected and commits to Duke, he will likely be playing a SF/PF hybrid position anyway. He will not be running that team from the PG or CG position, IMO. They are recruiting 5star PGs and SGs and will land at least 2 players that will have priortity at the guard positions over Moore.
TheStorm
How long do you want to ignore this user?
nryanh94 said:

TheStorm said:

I did not realize that Duke and Moore no longer had any mutual interest in one another. I better start paying better attention from here on out.


Huh? Where did this come from? Am I missing something I lol
I made a comment about Moore only being ranked #27 and then one of the recruiting insiders here mentioned that if you weren't being recruited by x, y & z (a list which included Duke) that this is what happens. I originally also thought Duke was still considered to potentially lead for him. But apparently not according to this. Did I miss something?
CLTWolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TheStorm said:

nryanh94 said:

TheStorm said:

I did not realize that Duke and Moore no longer had any mutual interest in one another. I better start paying better attention from here on out.


Huh? Where did this come from? Am I missing something I lol
I made a comment about Moore only being ranked #27 and then one of the recruiting insiders here mentioned that if you weren't being recruited by x, y & z (a list which included Duke) that this is what happens. I originally also thought Duke was still considered to potentially lead for him. But apparently not according to this. Did I miss something?
lol
nryanh94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
CLTWolf said:

TheStorm said:

nryanh94 said:

TheStorm said:

I did not realize that Duke and Moore no longer had any mutual interest in one another. I better start paying better attention from here on out.


Huh? Where did this come from? Am I missing something I lol
I made a comment about Moore only being ranked #27 and then one of the recruiting insiders here mentioned that if you weren't being recruited by x, y & z (a list which included Duke) that this is what happens. I originally also thought Duke was still considered to potentially lead for him. But apparently not according to this. Did I miss something?
lol
Gotcha haha, didn't read further up, just the post I commented on.
wolfpackfan00
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Keatts just offered McCorkle
Jaywolf27
How long do you want to ignore this user?
wolfpackfan00 said:

Keatts just offered McCorkle

I know it's still early in the process for him since he reclassified, but finally. Well deserved offer. He killed it this summer.
pack1502
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Think I remember reading that his family is all big state fans. Would be cool to get a home town kid that's legit.
Dunlow66
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Jaywolf27 said:

wolfpackfan00 said:

Keatts just offered McCorkle

I know it's still early in the process for him since he reclassified, but finally. Well deserved offer. He killed it this summer.
Yep....he needed to prove himself to the new staff and he did that, IMO, with gusto.

i have been a fan for a while now. I think he fits with what we want from a secondary ball handler who can move off the ball and help spread the court(like Beverly last season).

I hope we get him
Law of the Wolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Just thinking out loud and asking rhetorically...isn't there Risk in talking Lecque and passing on Williams? If Lecque commits and then jumps to the NBA, we might have passed on a player that could be huge for us for a couple of years. I understand accepting a commitment from Moore. But, I think talking a commit from Lecque is risky business. Especially with only two scholarships to give. Just curious what the experts think?
Dunlow66
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Law of the Wolf said:

Just thinking out loud and asking rhetorically...isn't there Risk in talking Lecque and passing on Williams? If Lecque commits and then jumps to the NBA, we might have passed on a player that could be huge for us for a couple of years. I understand accepting a commitment from Moore. But, I think talking a commit from Lecque is risky business. Especially with only two scholarships to give. Just curious what the experts think?
We would not pass on Williams. We would take both.


If it were up to me, we would take Williams over Lecque
PackDaddy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Do you think we would take Williams, Moore, and Lecque then just let the scholarships work themselves out?
TheStorm
How long do you want to ignore this user?
PackDaddy said:

Do you think we would take Williams, Moore, and Lecque then just let the scholarships work themselves out?
I don't count. But yes, yes I do...
nryanh94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
PackDaddy said:

Do you think we would take Williams, Moore, and Lecque then just let the scholarships work themselves out?


It's highly likely they work themselves out, with what I'm expecting from Markell, I don't see anyway he's back next year
Dunlow66
How long do you want to ignore this user?
PackDaddy said:

Do you think we would take Williams, Moore, and Lecque then just let the scholarships work themselves out?
Take...Yes
Get.....No

WOLFDAC
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Alright...things are starting to stir a little...pumped about the McCorkle offer and word is that the people who want to offer Moore don't view him as a true PG...old news I realize...just offering what I hear on my side of the fence...and it's an issue for some to be sure. The Leaque news/info seems to be very fluid...hard for my camp to get a feel for it.
Dunlow66
How long do you want to ignore this user?
WOLFDAC said:

Alright...things are starting to stir a little...pumped about the McCorkle offer and word is that the people who want to offer Moore don't view him as a true PG...old news I realize...just offering what I hear on my side of the fence...and it's an issue for some to be sure. The Leaque news/info seems to be very fluid...hard for my camp to get a feel for it.
You hearing anything about TCU in this one?

Jamie Dixon used to recruit NYC very hard when at PItt and he has a lot of talented young recruits in just a couple of years on the job.
Struttingwolf96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Have heard this on here before. Why do you not see Markell not coming back for next year, the team has yet to play a game this year? Is it grades that are an issue or is there talk he wants to head overseas & play? He has shown to be a solid player, but I don't know if he will be NBA ready by years end. He may lead the team in assist & steals, but scoring wise I see him maybe as the 4th or 5th option behind Daniels, Dorn, & Bryce. I could be wrong, I believe the team is gonna be really good this year, but if Johnson has a year where he is able to get drafted then it could be a special year.
NatePait94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Struttingwolf96 said:

Have heard this on here before. Why do you not see Markell not coming back for next year, the team has yet to play a game this year? Is it grades that are an issue or is there talk he wants to head overseas & play? He has shown to be a solid player, but I don't know if he will be NBA ready by years end. He may lead the team in assist & steals, but scoring wise I see him maybe as the 4th or 5th option behind Daniels, Dorn, & Bryce. I could be wrong, I believe the team is gonna be really good this year, but if Johnson has a year where he is able to get drafted then it could be a special year.
There is good reason to believe that he will put up better numbers than last year. If true, then he will have a great shot at drafting well.
We're all Red on the inside. Some of us are just Blue in the face, and they're sick.
Page 84 of 174
 
×
Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.