Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,198,665 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by SM1987
Dunlow66
How long do you want to ignore this user?
pack1502 said:

Have people leaked that leqcue is interested in the nba first route or is this pure speculation on our part?
From June...per Corey Evans

While Lecque is known for his explosiveness and entertaining style of play, he could also become one of the few to jump directly into the NBA, that is as long as he remains in the 2019 class.

"It is a good idea," he said. "I have to talk it over with my parents and just get bigger physically and just fill out. If I feel like I am good enough next year and my body gets bigger and stronger, and I get better at the point guard position, you just never know."

Meeting the appropriate grade and age restrictions as a class of 2019 prospect, Lecque will be keeping tabs on Anfernee Simons in the weeks ahead, someone that decided to take a similar leap into the NBA.

"I just feel like it was a great move for him," he said. "I believe that his game is going to translate to the NBA since he is an open floor guy, he can shoot the basketball and is a versatile player. It was a good option for him to go there."

While he could change plans and enroll in college this fall, Lecque is leaning toward remaining in 2019.

"I am, as of right now, 90 percent sure I am staying in 2019 just because I was never put into the position to be a point guard so I had to make that transition to that spot and learn what I have to do to be dominant at it," he said. "It is more about being in the right spot and at the right moment. I don't want to waste a year at a college if I wasn't going to play as much. I want to go somewhere that I would come out and play and be able to fight through my mistakes and grow as a player."
Willies1
I guess we wil just see what happens.
williewolf
any ideas as to whether moore or leque will be the better pg if that is the position both end up at in college?
nryanh94
Josiah James is down to 4 schools, Duke, MSU, Tennessee and Clemson. If he were to commit to Duke that's be big
Dunlow66
nryanh94 said:

Josiah James is down to 4 schools, Duke, MSU, Tennessee and Clemson. If he were to commit to Duke that's be big
He is, IMO, going to Duke.
Dunlow66
williewolf said:

any ideas as to whether moore or leque will be the better pg if that is the position both end up at in college?
Lecque has higher upside as PG, IMO

i know Moore wants to play PG but I see him as more of a SG or even SF in college.
Struttingwolf96
I think that's one of the things that Keatts had used to help in Moore's recruitment is selling him the opportunity to come in & play at the PG position. I believe State would use Lecque at the SG position more, but still be able to help handle the basketball.
Dunlow66
Struttingwolf96 said:

I think that's one of the things that Keatts had used to help in Moore's recruitment is selling him the opportunity to come in & play at the PG position. I believe State would use Lecque at the SG position more, but still be able to help handle the basketball.
Make no mistake about it, Lecque wants to play PG in college if he decides to go that route instead of the NBA draft.

Duke is selling Moore on playng with PG prospect Josiah James and SG Bryan Antoine with a strong possibility of Tre Jones also still being on the team.

It may be a selling point but I dont think it will be the deciding factor for Moore. As of now, I would still pick Duke if I were pressed to make a choice on where Moore plays college ball.
WolfpackSI
Dunlow66 said:

Struttingwolf96 said:

Make no mistake about it, Lecque wants to play PG in college if he decides to go that route instead of the NBA draft.

Duke is selling Moore on playng with PG prospect Josiah James and SG Bryan Antoine with a strong possibility of Tre Jones also still being on the team.

It may be a selling point but I dont think it will be the deciding factor for Moore. As of now, I would still pick Duke if I were pressed to make a choice on where Moore plays college ball.

Seems like we lost a lot of the momentum that we had earlier in the summer with Moore. Duke is Duke but now they are everywhere i look because of Zion and this stupid Canada tour.

NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
TheStorm
Yeah, I mean when they show your highlights from every single game of your exhibition tour fifty times a day that pretty much helps line up the next group of one and dones.
Dunlow66
TheStorm said:

Yeah, I mean when they show your highlights from every single game of your exhibition tour fifty times a day that pretty much helps line up the next group of one and dones.
I will be glad when HS seniors can enter the NBA draft again.
Struttingwolf96
Not to worried about it now. I think the team will be fine if it's not Moore & Lecque they get, but Williams & Lecque, or Williams & Ramsey, or a combo of the prospects Keatts is after it's gonna be a good & solid 2-man class
williewolf
Struttingwolf96 said:

Not to worried about it now. I think the team will be fine if it's not Moore & Lecque they get, but Williams & Lecque, or Williams & Ramsey, or a combo of the prospects Keatts is after it's gonna be a good & solid 2-man class
agreed; i think staff will find 2 talented guys...........I'm expecting williams to accept a spot and then if moore/lecque both go elsewhere then i suspect the staff finds another guard with point potential for the 2nd slot
Packfan8
Not listed in Cj Walker's top 5 but no surprise there
Dunlow66
Packfan8 said:

Not listed in Cj Walker's top 5 but no surprise there
Kinda is surprising, IMO

Think he goes to LSU or Florida.

Struttingwolf96
Kind of think the only guys State really has ever had a real shot at is Williams, Lecque, Moore, & Ramsey. Maybe a long shot now, but Watson & if State offers Fernandes
Dunlow66
Struttingwolf96 said:

Kind of think the only guys State really has ever had a real shot at is Williams, Lecque, Moore, & Ramsey. Maybe a long shot now, but Watson & if State offers Fernandes
I didnt think we were landing Walker but I did think we would hang around a bit longer in this one. Glad he cut us if he had no intention of playing at State. That way we dont waste any resources on him.
Struttingwolf96
I say we get a combo of either Williams & Lecque(my prefernce), which would be a fantastic get for Keatts, or Williams & Ramsey. I will be happy with either one.
Dunlow66
Struttingwolf96 said:

I say we get a combo of either Williams & Lecque(my prefernce), which would be a fantastic get for Keatts, or Williams & Ramsey. I will be happy with either one.
Or Williams and a 'recruit to be named later'.

Spring brings about guys who had 'breakout' senior years of HS ball, kids who reclass from 2020 and recruits who committed to coaches who end up getting fired or hired elsewhere.

Also could use a scholarship on a transfer
Dunlow66
2020 Richmond Va forward Henry Coleman planning an NCSU visit soon.

From a recent interview

Since this past spring, which schools have offered?
"Kansas, Pittsburgh, West Virginia, Cincinnati, University of Virginia, Wake Forest, N.C. State, Oklahoma State, among others."

Any upcoming college visits?
"Right now, Pittsburgh, N.C. State, University of Virginia those are the three right now that are set in stone. I have a couple of others that I may do as well."

What do you want coaches to notice in your game this season that they may not have seen a year ago?
"That I can really shoot the ball and my passing ability as well. I like to get everybody involved. I especially know how important that is in today's game. Also, ball-handling. Just being more comfortable coming off of ball screens."

When it comes down to decision time, what will you be looking for within a college/university?
"Just a place that feels like home. I want it to be a place that I could see myself attending even if I didn't play basketball. That's probably the most important thing. Basketball is just one part of life. You have another 40-50 years to live. But, in all, I just want to be somewhere that really feels like a second home."

Read the article and entire interview here
Struttingwolf96
Just read where Jalen Lecque will be visiting State on Sept.8-9 I believe it was.
RyanMB
I know its really early to talk about grad transfers but what about Cacok? Do you think that the staff will feel confident enough in our bigs to pass on him if we have the chance to land him?
nryanh94
RyanMB said:

I know its really early to talk about grad transfers but what about Cacok? Do you think that the staff will feel confident enough in our bigs to pass on him if we have the chance to land him?

Cacok is a senior, so no
WolfpackSI
nryanh94 said:

RyanMB said:

Cacok is a senior, so no

What about Torian Graham ?
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
nryanh94
WolfpackSI said:

nryanh94 said:

RyanMB said:

Cacok is a senior, so no

What about Torian Graham ?

Lmao
RyanMB
nryanh94 said:

RyanMB said:

Cacok is a senior, so no
That is why I said grad transfer. I don't know if he had any eligibility left?

nryanh94
RyanMB said:

nryanh94 said:

RyanMB said:

Cacok is a senior, so no
That is why I said grad transfer.

He is a senior this year, this will be his 4th year of eligibility. Unless he were to get hurt he won't have a 5th year as this will be his 4th season he's played
RyanMB
nryanh94 said:

RyanMB said:

nryanh94 said:

RyanMB said:

Cacok is a senior, so no
That is why I said grad transfer.

He is a senior this year, this will be his 4th year of eligibility. Unless he were to get hurt he won't have a 5th year as this will be his 4th season he's played
OK thanks. I didn't know his status.
Dunlow66
Struttingwolf96 said:

Just read where Jalen Lecque will be visiting State on Sept.8-9 I believe it was.
This is what I was talking about when I said Brian Snow had some inside info on this recruitment.
WolfpackSI
Aside from that, we are pretty much loaded in the front court for the foreseeable future.
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
TheStorm
Looking forward to one more entire year of Cacok transfer rumors. They are just impossible to stop for whatever reason.
ScoobyWolf
Packfan8
Harris is eligible from day 1 this season. Manny Bates is redshirting due to injury, this helps space out the scholarships amount big men but I hate to see him hurt his shoulder again
Dunlow66
Packfan8 said:

Harris is eligible from day 1 this season. Manny Bates is redshirting due to injury, this helps space out the scholarships amount big men but I hate to see him hurt his shoulder again
Always felt like this would happen. Manny will be a better college player because of it. UVA does it every year with at least one player, usually a big man
Dunlow66
Big NC State target in 2020....Rocky River G Jaden Springer is leaving NC to head down to IMG in Florida.
First Page Last Page
Page 83 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.