Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,224,145 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by SM1987
nryanh94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sign Lecque and Wendell Moore and I'll be happy as hell
Dunlow66
nryanh94 said:

Sign Lecque and Wendell Moore and I'll be happy as hell
Agree. That would address scoring, passing and defense, all at the same time.

Still would like to add a big man to that class
dogplasma
Funderburk can play for us for the 2018 season?
TheWhiteWolf
Dunlow66 said:

TheStorm said:

Not exactly left field, but great news nonetheless...
I think this spot was for KJ and at one time, it looked like we were right there on him. Kid wanted UK, the kid got UK. We get our needed big man(signed in the fall) and can now wait to see if someone else falls into our laps in the spring semester(firings, reclassifications, late bloomers)
Dun do you think Uk is recruiting others that might push KJ to look else where before NSD? I guess is it worth holding hope he decommits in the future?
Dunlow66
TheWhiteWolf said:

Dunlow66 said:

TheStorm said:

I think this spot was for KJ and at one time, it looked like we were right there on him. Kid wanted UK, the kid got UK. We get our needed big man(signed in the fall) and can now wait to see if someone else falls into our laps in the spring semester(firings, reclassifications, late bloomers)
Dun do you think Uk is recruiting others that might push KJ to look else where before NSD? I guess is it worth holding hope he decommits in the future?
I think he is where he wants to be. If anything would have changed his mind, he would not be at UK. His people and family were not very happy with this decision and reportedly tried to talk him out of it. KJ is just sold on being a part of Kentucky basketball, IMO
Dunlow66
dogplasma said:

Funderburke can play for us for the 2018 season?
2016-17 one year at Ohio state(Redshirt)
2017-18 JUCO(does not have to graduate to move back to D1) Redshirt freshman
2018-19 Redshirt sophomore at NC State with three years to play
ge_traveler
Is Funderburk a major pickup for us Dun?
Dunlow66
ge_traveler said:

Is Funderburk a major pickup for us Dun?
eh....depth guy at worst, with the potential to be more. The real key, IMO, is that we get him two years removed from HS. He is at a great JUCO for basketball players and he knows Coach Hamilton. Long and lanky kid who could play some good passing lane defense if he sets his mind to it. Definitely worth taking, but a 'work in progress' IMO.
wufpack7
In your opinion dun, which 2 guys see the most minutes next year at the 4 and 5 positions? Out of Funderburk, Steere, Bates, Hellems, Hicks (if he's here), and Dorn (playing small ball 4, not counting his minutes at the 3)? Did I forget anybody?
NatePait94
You can take that redshirt off of Beverly. NCAA finally did something right.
dogplasma
The Beverlys must have hired a UNC lawyer. Smart!
EthanBarry
Staff
TheWhiteWolf said:

Dunlow66 said:

TheStorm said:

I'm 99% sure he signed his LOI when he committed
Pack31
KK built a solid class with good talent that will probably hang around 3-4 years. We will be very young next year, but pretty good imo. I think we play 11-12 guys most nights with the tempo, to keep everyone fresh. MJ, Bev, Batts, Daniels, Bryce, Dorn, Bey, Hellems, Funderburke, Steere, Bates....Y7, Kirk and Hicks? We should be very good in 2 years. Team ball, alot of PT to go around in this system. Love it!
TheWhiteWolf
Not sure why Hicks would leave, he knew he was a project but he seems to be getting minutes. Kirk on the other hand didn't seem happy. Would love to go after some big fish in the 2020 class feel like that will be KK first big year
PackDaddy
I'm perfectly fine with getting 4 year type fish like we just signed
WolfpackSI
TheWhiteWolf said:

Kirk on the other hand didn't seem happy.
Yea I was looking particularly at Kirks body language last night and he does not seem happy.
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
WolfpackSI
PackDaddy said:

Gonzaga, UVa, Wisky, Syracuse, Creighton, Nova, Notre Dame(I could go on) win an awful lot of games with 3-4 year type fish.

Heck Roy wins a ton of games with his (no) school of 3-4 year fish
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
TheWhiteWolf
WolfpackSI said:

PackDaddy said:

Gonzaga, UVa, Wisky, Syracuse, Creighton, Nova, Notre Dame(I could go on) win an awful lot of games with 3-4 year type fish.

Heck Roy wins a ton of games with his (no) school of 3-4 year fish

Got to build an appealing foundation and start getting in with the big names, would love to get in on the Todd sweepstakes
Dunlow66
ACC recruiing note.

Mention a while back that rumors were Zion Williamson would not leave the state of South Carolina to play BBall. A LOT of local pressure.

Now rumors are that Clemson has a great shot at getting him on board. Just wondering if Brownell has to go to get this done.

Really excited to see this happen if it does. Williamson is at his best when he is 'The Guy' and I think him going to Clemson would be good for the NCAA game and great for the ACC. I would love to see him run wih the Tigers as opposed to UK/KU/Duke or UNC.
dogplasma
Maybe that's what Clemson needs to be able to win in Chapel Hill for the first time in modern history.
WolfpackSI
Dunlow66 said:

ACC recruiing note.

Mention a while back that rumors were Zion Williamson would not leave the state of South Carolina to play BBall. A LOT of local pressure.

Now rumors are that Clemson has a great shot at getting him on board. Just wondering if Brownell has to go to get this done.

Really excited to see this happen if it does. Williamson is at his best when he is 'The Guy' and I think him going to Clemson would be good for the NCAA game and great for the ACC. I would love to see him run wih the Tigers as opposed to UK/KU/Duke or UNC.
If the pressure is there to stay in-state, how in the world is Frank Martin not 100000x more favored to land him over Clemson. Martin is not taking advantage of their recent F4 run imo.
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
Dunlow66
WolfpackSI said:

Dunlow66 said:

ACC recruiing note.

If the pressure is there to stay in-state, how in the world is Frank Martin not 100000x more favored to land him over Clemson. Martin is not taking advantage of their recent F4 run imo.
Stepdad played basketball at Clemson
Dunlow66
Phenom Hoop Report @Phenom_Hoops
FollowingFollowing @Phenom_Hoops
More

Player to Know

6'9 2019 Emmanuel Izunabor
Fayetteville Academy (Fayetteville, NC)

"Izunabor has taken a major leap and has the look of more to go. Look for offers to continue coming in as the High Majors start hanging around"

Offers: East Carolina
READ: http://www.phenomhoopreport.com/news_article/show/857033?referrer_id=1555437
wolverinepack20
Dunlow66 said:

ACC recruiing note.

Heard the same from a Clemson Insider.. looks like it's close to being a done deal.
Wolf74
wolverinepack20 said:

Dunlow66 said:

ACC recruiing note.

Heard the same from a Clemson Insider.. looks like it's close to being a done deal.
Never count UNC-CHeats out of a player they really want. They have the university approved "no school" courses on their side and Roy's flop house, plus do not forget about money. Years ago I had a very close friend who worked at the school and he told me that it was no secret the amount of money that was slid under the doors of the basketball players each week.
dogplasma
Dunlow66 said:

I didn't pick up on this before. Is there a lot of pressure to remove Brownell? You're saying he might have to agree to step down in order for Williamson to play for Clemson?
WolfpackSI
dogplasma said:

Dunlow66 said:

I didn't pick up on this before. Is there a lot of pressure to remove Brownell? You're saying he might have to agree to step down in order for Williamson to play for Clemson?
I don't think Clemson's AD cares enough much about basketball to fire Brownell. Clemson had a golden opportunity to bring in an alumni in Will Wade that is absolutely killing it on the recruiting trail at LSU. They elected to keep Brownell instead.
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
Dunlow66
WolfpackSI said:

dogplasma said:

Dunlow66 said:

I don't think Clemson's AD cares enough much about basketball to fire Brownell. Clemson had a golden opportunity to bring in an alumni in Will Wade that is absolutely killing it on the recruiting trail at LSU. They elected to keep Brownell instead.
It is kind of a weird relationship there.
TheWhiteWolf
Keatts and Siddle down at IMG in Florida any idea who they are seeing? Couple big time kids in the 2018 and 2019 classes
state95
This is so strange having a full recruiting class done and signed in November.
wolfpackfan00
NC State and Keatts are going hard after 2018 5-star Anfernee Simmons (IMG Academy)

https://247sports.com/Player/Anfernee-Simons-89839
wolfpackfan00
TheWhiteWolf said:

Keatts and Siddle down at IMG in Florida any idea who they are seeing? Couple big time kids in the 2018 and 2019 classes

TheWhiteWolf
wolfpackfan00 said:

NC State and Keatts are going hard after 2018 5-star Anfernee Simmons (IMG Academy)

Answers why they were down there, also isnt Emmitt Williams and 2019 5* C Chol Marial on the team
jbwbubba
Quote:

As for N.C. State, Keatts is hot on his trail.

"They need a point guard to go next year, so they're going to give me the keys to the program," Simons said.
Interesting, since we have 3 PGs (I assume) on the team for next year
dogplasma
Unless MJ is leaving we'll have 3 PGs. Don't understand why we would "need a PG to go next year". Can't ever recall having an overstocked roster before - almost always the other way around. Weird. Guess it's true that someone other than Y7 is not planning to return.
First Page Last Page
Page 40 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.