Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,223,593 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by SM1987
WolfpackSI
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Keatts has talked a lot about how he likes having two ball handlers on the floor at all times. He references how having Russ Smith and Peyton Siva play together was a big part of that 2013 championship. Therefore, I wouldn't be surprised if we kept 4 PGs on the roster. Simons seems like more of a combo guard anyway.
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
Dunlow66
Simons is also a Combo Guard, not a pure PG like our other guys. He isnt, IMO, really ready to run a team from the PG position. As a secondary ballhandler, he would be outstanding.
Dunlow66
Team Loaded NC @teamloadednc
FollowFollow @teamloadednc
More

2019 6'8 SF Jaelyn Withers had 23 points 8 rebounds and 4 blocks in his season debut !! Tracking Top 100 recruit! VT GT NC State Clemson Kansas State & Charlotte offers , UVA, Kentucky , BC & Ok State interest
Dunlow66
TheWhiteWolf said:

wolfpackfan00 said:

NC State and Keatts are going hard after 2018 5-star Anfernee Simmons (IMG Academy)

Answers why they were down there, also isnt Emmitt Williams and 2019 5* C Chol Marial on the team
Also Hargrave is in this field. They have Trey McGowens(2019 CG) who recently unofficially visited NC State.
WolfpackSI
We are about to be ComboGuardU
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
Dunlow66
WolfpackSI said:

We are about to be ComboGuardU
1 PG
3 CG
1 C

Win a lot of games playing High pressure defense with that type of lineup. Key is having long, athletic CGs who can stop the ball before it gets in the paint and a legit shotblocker to clean up some of the mistakes so players are not afraid to gamble a bit on D.
williewolf
Dunlow66 said:

Team Loaded NC @teamloadednc
FollowFollow @teamloadednc
More

2019 6'8 SF Jaelyn Withers had 23 points 8 rebounds and 4 blocks in his season debut !! Tracking Top 100 recruit! VT GT NC State Clemson Kansas State & Charlotte offers , UVA, Kentucky , BC & Ok State interest
so withers has a committable offer from the pack per this blurb?

will be interesting to see how the few slots get filled; but i suspect if withers wants one he better speak up soon with all these other guys also being mentioned in the mix........lecque, moore, simons, trey, etc.

williewolf
^ dun
i guess what i'm trying to understand is for someone like withers who projects as a top in-state recruit; will keatts happily accept him now or does the staff for example want to wait and see what moore does as he is higher rated in-state forward between the 2?
Dunlow66
williewolf said:

^ dun
i guess what i'm trying to understand is for someone like withers who projects as a top in-state recruit; will keatts happily accept him now or does the staff for example want to wait and see what moore does as he is higher rated in-state forward between the 2?
Good question, but I see Moore as a wing with Withers, IMO, being more of a stretch 4 type(when he adds a little muscle).

Moore has NBA potential, so I would guess we always have a spot for him. Withers may want to jump a bit earlier to guarantee his place. I have loved his potential for a couple of years now. He does have a high ceiling. Moore is different. He has the talent to play at the HM level next year. I think he could go to the NBA after 2 years.
Engineer97
Dunlow66 said:

williewolf said:

^ dun
Good question, but I see Moore as a wing with Withers, IMO, being more of a stretch 4 type(when he adds a little muscle).

Moore has NBA potential, so I would guess we always have a spot for him. Withers may want to jump a bit earlier to guarantee his place. I have loved his potential for a couple of years now. He does have a high ceiling. Moore is different. He has the talent to play at the HM level next year. I think he could go to the NBA after 2 years.
What a time it is now when a top 100 recruit needs to jump for us now so he can get a spot.
wolfpackfan00
wolfpackfan00
Dunlow66
wolfpackfan00 said:

Same thing Thon Maker did. Not really unexpected. NBA scouts have been watching him lately.
dogplasma
Lol. How does one become "unexpectedly eligible" for the NBA?
WolfpackSI
Well, that escalated quickly...
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
Dunlow66
Trey McGowens kinda blowing up a bit lately. Still think we are the team to beat on this one.
WolfpackSI
Dunlow66 said:

Trey McGowens kinda blowing up a bit lately. Still think we are the team to beat on this one.

For 18 or 19?
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
dogplasma
He's reclassified to '19.
Dunlow66
He did so to get more interest from colleges. Pretty sure he is a very good student and Clemson has been trying to get him in the '18 class.
TheWhiteWolf
Dunlow66 said:

He did so to get more interest from colleges. Pretty sure he is a very good student and Clemson has been trying to get him in the '18 class.
Would we take another in this class Dun if so does the staff a preference?
pack1502
Any chance we go after a transfer Brian Bowen lol
TheWhiteWolf
pack1502 said:

Hes got to be untouchable I would think, but having a military coach wouldn't be a bad decision. He is still a great player
Dunlow66
I just dont think Anfernee Simons goes to the NBA. I like the idea that Coach Keatts has a foot in the door on this one. Never doubt his abiility to 'close'.
desiwolf
TheWhiteWolf said:

pack1502 said:

Hes got to be untouchable I would think, but having a military coach wouldn't be a bad decision. He is still a great player
Pretty sure he will enter the draft straight.
Dunlow66
TheWhiteWolf said:

Dunlow66 said:

Would we take another in this class Dun if so does the staff a preference?
I think we would prefer McGowens in '19, but who knows what roster spots may open up. Things could change.

As for a kid like Simons, you take him no matter what. Elite level talent
packphinsfan
Well...I`d think beating #2 would help with recruiting...
Fourthepack
packphinsfan said:

What does losing to UNI do?
Bell Tower Grey
Fourthepack said:

packphinsfan said:

Shows that we still need some help.
Dunlow66
Bell Tower Grey said:

Fourthepack said:

packphinsfan said:

Shows that we still need some help.
and Coach Keatts is not one to mess around either. If someone wants to play, come to NCSU and bust your ass on defense, you will play!!

If we need more roster 'turnover' to get there, so be it.
RowanWolf
Big game in Charlotte yesterday. Cox Mill over Providence Day 64-59. Wendell Moore had 27 points and 16 rebounds. Devin Dotson was held to 13 points and 7 assists. The already acclimated in the ways of academic fraud and Cheater Hill bound Rechon Black dominated with 9 points and 3 rebounds.
TheWhiteWolf
Feels all quiet on the recruiting front
wufpack7
I guess when you're at 108% of your scholarship capacity for next season, recruiting tends to slow down.
TheWhiteWolf
wufpack7 said:

I guess when you're at 108% of your scholarship capacity for next season, recruiting tends to slow down.
Im just saying 110% would be the perfect amount cough cough Simons
dogplasma
So, are scholarships opening up because some guys are letting it be known they want to transfer for more playing time, or are these scholarship guys being "let go"? I'm not trying to open up a discussion on how ethical or fair it is to pull scholarships from college players, if that's even what's happening. I'm more curious if this is actually a practice. Dun's earlier reply sort of implies that it is, which is a little surprising (to me).
packfan65
Va Tech just lost all 3 of their 2019 recuits
BJ Mack
Kobe Langley
Keyshaun Langley
First Page Last Page
Page 41 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.