Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,229,445 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by SM1987
CedarMaronite
How long do you want to ignore this user?
do we have any chance with khavon moore or jarius hamilton ( I suppose not jarius)...i would flat out love to land funderburke
ClePack
I was away from my computer all day today and just read everything posted on this board today...i am THOROUGHLY confused and don't know what this could be lol
millerscreekpack
I think it has to be Funderburk, but who knows
Wolfblood

I hope it's a reclassified Trey McGowens. I'm not sure where he is ranked or how many stars he has, but he looks like a solid prospect that will only get better. Good shooter and a good ball handler that will fit with how Keatts wants to play. I was impressed with his shooting ability and also his defensive anticipation in the passing lanes.
CedarMaronite
he is 6'3 175 sg out of south carolina and 247 has him ranked around 200...but stars don't matter in most cases
Sierrawolf
Wait..when we say "eligible next year" do we mean like january of this season? or for the 2018-2019 season?
Dunlow66
We will be getting a commit for the 2018 season, just waiting on the announcement.

That is my current understanding of the situation, but everyone kinda went dark on this one. Putting my money on Funderburke. I feel like we were saving that spot for KJ(and he would probably be here or MD if not for Cal). Now that Johnson has moved on, the spot is there for Funderburk(or maybe McGowens) and the staff is ready to get this wrapped up. Wating sucks.............but that is where we are right now.

I promise you guys I called/pm'ed everybody on this one and it was shut down.

Hamilton isnt, IMO, in play for us. Seems like he keeps moving along to new schools. Now Villanova has jumped in with him while Miss State has fallen out it. Maryland would take him if he wanted to commit.-
wufpack7
Dunlow66
CedarMaronite said:

he is 6'3 175 sg out of south carolina and 247 has him ranked around 200...but stars don't matter in most cases
He will, IMO, be a four star 'level' recruit by the time he hits college
Dunlow66
wufpack7 said:

You know as much as anyone else here, BUT since we currently have 13 on scholarship I can't imagine it would be someome eligible this season.
I see two or three spots opening between now and next year. I think Yurt is gone no matter what. Two others may transfer. The PT will not be there unless we have a significant injury.
Dunlow66
CedarMaronite said:

do we have any chance with khavon moore or jarius hamilton ( I suppose not jarius)...i would flat out love to land funderburke
Moore would be an AMAZING pull......but I think most expect him to commit to Florida.
Baedge88
Dunlow66 said:

wufpack7 said:

You know as much as anyone else here, BUT since we currently have 13 on scholarship I can't imagine it would be someome eligible this season.
I see two or three spots opening between now and next year. I think Yurt is gone no matter what. Two others may transfer. The PT will not be there unless we have a significant injury.

I made out a list of who would be on the team next year and came up with the same result assuming Yurt leaves. 2 transfers, writing on the wall with the class coming in.
EthanBarry
Staff
Assuming this is the same thing Gravis was talking about, I don't think Funderburk matches the "left field". He had been on a visit and everybody knows about him and many expect us to get him. That doesn't seem like left field to me
Dunlow66
wkdbigpckfan said:

Assuming this is the same thing Gravis was talking about, I don't think Funderburk matches the "left field". He had been on a visit and everybody knows about him and many expect us to get him. That doesn't seem like left field to me
Cant tell you what Gravis meant, but I can say the Keldon Johnson/Funderburke were the names being discussed a few days ago by those with ties to the staff.
HipHipJorge
Dunlow66 said:

wkdbigpckfan said:

Cant tell you what Gravis meant, but I can say the Keldon Johnson/Funderburke were the names being discussed a few days ago by those with ties to the staff.
Can't tell us because you can't say? Or can't tell us because you aren't sure who (or what) Gravis was speaking of?
Bell Tower Grey
Dunlow66 said:

Yurt
Kirk
Hicks or Daniels ?
Dunlow66
704packer said:

Dunlow66 said:

wkdbigpckfan said:

Can't tell us because you can't say? Or can't tell us because you aren't sure who (or what) Gravis was speaking of?
The second one.

I do know a really 'out of left field' scenario could be a reclass kid. Some forget(or dont know) that top 2019 prospect CG Jalen Lecque was originally in the '18 class. Now that would be a good surprise if he were to do so for NC State.
wufpack7
Bell Tower Grey said:

Dunlow66 said:

Yurt
Kirk
Hicks or Daniels ?

Daniels? I doubt a kid would willingly sitting for 2 years, plus it seems like practice reports say he may be the most talented guy on the team. Unless there's something strange going on, I don't see him leaving.
TheWhiteWolf
Dunlow66 said:

704packer said:

Dunlow66 said:

wkdbigpckfan said:

The second one.

I do know a really 'out of left field' scenario could be a reclass kid. Some forget(or dont know) that top 2019 prospect CG Jalen Lecque was originally in the '18 class. Now that would be a good surprise if he were to do so for NC State.
The staff has been spending a lot of time on Lecque recently
Dunlow66
wufpack7 said:

Bell Tower Grey said:

Dunlow66 said:

Yurt
Kirk
Hicks or Daniels ?

Daniels? I doubt a kid would willingly sitting for 2 years, plus it seems like practice reports say he may be the most talented guy on the team. Unless there's something strange going on, I don't see him leaving.
eh...there were a few rumors that Daniels had some difficulty fitting in when he came on board. Have not heard anything recent on this subject and I consider it to be a dead issue at this time.
ClePack
apparently there is "Big news coming today" ???
Sierrawolf
Where's that coming from?
PackFansXL
Sierrawolf said:

Where's that coming from?
Wait for it ... left field!
Cole's commandments:

1) You get out what you put in
2) Treat everyone the right way and stand for something
3) Never accept mediocrity in anything
Sierrawolf
I supposed I walked right into that one.
twentytoe
The rumors...inuendo...speculation..suspense....kinda feels like a movie, so who's producing it?
sf59
The Lecque scenario is interesting.
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
—Jack Handey
nryanh94
Hines with how good lecque is, if it isn't him I'm going to be disappointed now. Damn it Dunlow
wolfpackfan00
Derek Funderburk has signed with the Pack!
ClePack
nryanh94
How many years of eligibility will Funderburk haven
birdiePack
nryanh94 said:

How many years of eligibility will Funderburk haven
Three to play three.
If you never allow for a little fun and relaxation you will become mentally unstable without knowing it.
Megapack
Nice! We have quite a nice frontcourt from this recruiting class.
TheStorm
Not exactly left field, but great news nonetheless...
Dunlow66
TheStorm said:

I think this spot was for KJ and at one time, it looked like we were right there on him. Kid wanted UK, the kid got UK. We get our needed big man(signed in the fall) and can now wait to see if someone else falls into our laps in the spring semester(firings, reclassifications, late bloomers)
EthanBarry
Staff
Dunlow66 said:

TheStorm said:

I think this spot was for KJ and at one time, it looked like we were right there on him. Kid wanted UK, the kid got UK. We get our needed big man(signed in the fall) and can now wait to see if someone else falls into our laps in the spring semester(firings, reclassifications, late bloomers)
And get a head start on 2019
First Page Last Page
Page 39 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.