Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,221,176 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by SM1987
TheStorm
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Leftfielder ended up signing with Kentucky as was originally expected. That's my guess. Very good chance that wasn't expected at all but almost happened, in the end didn't.

Will be interesting to see what it turns out to be.
twentytoe
TheStorm said:

Leftfielder ended up signing with Kentucky as was originally expected. That's my guess. Very good chance that wasn't expected at all but almost happened, in the end didn't.

Will be interesting to see what it turns out to be.

I don't understand this, did I miss something?
twentytoe
Ok, got it now.
wufpack7
Johnson wasn't in left field. Would it have been a surprise had he picked us? Sure, but he was front-and-center.
birdiePack
wufpack7 said:

Gravis said:

Very good chance news will break soon on something out of left field.

Is today the day? I'll be good with whoever it is, but I'll say ahead of time I hope it's not just a depth guy. I think we've already got good depth starting next year, what we need with our last scholarship is a star. Here's hoping.
My guess to begin with was a mid season transfer. Would make sense for Kirk if that's what he feels he needs to do. Transfer mid season and play a year and a half somewhere else including half of next season... Or transfer after the season and sit out all of next year. Mid year might be his best option.
If you never allow for a little fun and relaxation you will become mentally unstable without knowing it.
twentytoe
Where is Gravis?
wufpack7
OK, I was assuming others might read from the same places I do and I wanted to be a little ambiguous to avoid breaking any rules. Oh well, I guess when it happens, it happens.
Dunlow66
wufpack7 said:

Gravis said:

Is today the day? I'll be good with whoever it is, but I'll say ahead of time I hope it's not just a depth guy. I think we've already got good depth starting next year, what we need with our last scholarship is a star. Here's hoping.
Stay tuned.
Dunlow66
There were hints that Funderburk is definitley a 'take' and we want him....but Trey McGowen is intriguing.
Dunlow66
I'm thinking McGowens with the move back to '18. Clemson has pushed him to commit and they want him in '18. Now that KJ is out, I think this could be a good fit for Trey. He can play SG or PG and we need more ballhandlers/shooters.
williewolf
I'm sort of surprised that after missing on KJ that pack still seems to be looking to add to '18 class. I would have suspected that Keatts and staff had more time to build ties to the 2019 kids and would want more slots to offer that class to go after top-40 types and a in-stater

Dunlow66
williewolf said:

I'm sort of surprised that after missing on KJ that pack still seems to be looking to add to '18 class. I would have suspected that Keatts and staff had more time to build ties to the 2019 kids and would want more slots to offer that class to go after top-40 types and a in-stater

Kinda makes you wonder who will be back and who wont.....
Dunlow66
Dunlow66 said:

There were hints that Funderburk is definitley a 'take' and we want him....but Trey McGowen is intriguing.
Would not be surprised if we get both of these guys eventually. Bit of a push for Funderburk right now
WolfpackSI
Dunlow66 said:

wufpack7 said:

Gravis said:

Stay tuned.
Can you atleast let us know if its a good or bad left field?
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
Dunlow66
WolfpackSI said:

Dunlow66 said:

wufpack7 said:

Gravis said:

Stay tuned.
Can you atleast let us know if its a good or bad left field?
good news, but info/rumors are scarce on the subject. cant confirm yet.
wufpack7
Supposed to be a new commitment. I'm not sure how that could be "bad", but whether or not it will be "good" will depend on who it ends up being and your own personal feelings about it, I guess. Or maybe the info is wrong and this is a false alarm. Never a dull moment, though.
theAccused
Is the name dropped on premium? If so, I might pay.
Dunlow66
GhostofBragaw said:

Is the name dropped on premium? If so, I might pay.
not yet......
Packman87
How does one become an insider that gets juicy information from within the program? I'd like the sign up for this and be fast tracked. Thanks!
Packman87
Oh, and when I do graduate insider school and become "in the know" I'm going to $@*&tease the heck out of all of you as much as possible. :-)
NatePait94
Just take my extra pair of rose-tinted glasses and still scream that we are getting KJ until the end of time.... I will forever wish I was correct with that call. I had all sorts of feelings.
WolfpackSI
wufpack7 said:

Supposed to be a new commitment. I'm not sure how that could be "bad", but whether or not it will be "good" will depend on who it ends up being and your own personal feelings about it, I guess. Or maybe the info is wrong and this is a false alarm. Never a dull moment, though.
All that was said initially is that its something out of left field...Glass didn't say it was regarding a commitment or anything.

Generally, out of left field has been bad for us lol.

NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
wufpack7
Info about a new commitment didn't come from gravis. Having gravis' post floating out in the ether gives even more credence to the commitment info, though.
Baedge88
Corch Jr said it was a commitment of a player eligible next year
Packfan8
I honestly have no clue what this commitment could be but honestly hoping that Josh Nickleberry jumps to 2018 and joins the pack, highly unlikely but one can hope
Baedge88
The secretive nature of it almost makes me think someone is flipping from another commitment. But this isn't football so that'd be quite unlikely
WolfpackSI
EJ Montgomery maybe? Things seem to be pretty quiet on his front and he does have an offer from us.
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
Baedge88
I think an analysts (Borzello maybe?) tweeted a week ago that he wouldn't be doing anything in early signing period
theAccused
Zion Williamson, Bol Bol, Langford, <ww><ww><ww>****tu</ww></ww></ww>, Brown, Simons, M. Brown, Grimes, Quinerly, Williams, EJ, Herro, Ramey, Richardson are the only top 100 unsigned. Who else could it be?
WolfpackSI
Doesn't necessarily have to be a high school kid. Could be a transfer with immediate eligibility or midseason transfer maybe? Just spit ballin here lol
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
WolfpackSI
Cacok?? Could graduate early and transfer
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
sf59
Baedge88 said:

The secretive nature of it almost makes me think someone is flipping from another commitment. But this isn't football so that'd be quite unlikely

Lots of times the coaches get a commit, but its not announced until the kid announces how and when he wants to. Its a big deal, a big moment.
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
—Jack Handey
Baedge88
sf59 said:

Baedge88 said:

Lots of times the coaches get a commit, but its not announced until the kid announces how and when he wants to. Its a big deal, a big moment.

Yeah, and just saw same thing said from insider on another site. Thought commitment would have been announced tonight, but like you said, you never know what the kids want to do when announcing.
Baedge88
You can always take these things with a grain of salt, but there are a few people who some would consider "insiders" for us that have followed funderburk on Twitter in the last couple of days.
CedarMaronite
I have heard the things also about yurtseven wanting to finish his engineering at Nc State before he goes pro...other then funderburke...can someone please make out a list of targets to update us all please
First Page Last Page
Page 38 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.