Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,225,030 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by SM1987
apackfan69
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Dunlow66 said:

IMO, biggest factor was the prep coach Bam played for. I wont give him the publicity of mentioning his name here, but he went out of his way to make 'Adebayo to UK' happen. Still pisses me off.

Amen +10000. All I can say is it wouldn't have been good if that dude had been alone walking on a dark night and I happen to roll up on him. LOL. I agree with Dun, still makes me mad when I think about it. But, with the direction Gott was going it may have been a blessing. I think we are better off right now overall. If Bam had of come here, Gott may still be here, and Keatts would be somewhere else(not UNCW).
apackfan69
Just called my source. He said things were extremely quiet in the KJ camp. I ask if he was still thinking 65% State, and he said since things were so quiet he had to go back to 50/50. Bottom line, we are still in it 7 hours before the announcement.
Dunlow66
apackfan69 said:

Dunlow66 said:

IMO, biggest factor was the prep coach Bam played for. I wont give him the publicity of mentioning his name here, but he went out of his way to make 'Adebayo to UK' happen. Still pisses me off.

Amen +10000. All I can say is it wouldn't have been good if that dude had been alone walking on a dark night and I happen to roll up on him. LOL. I agree with Dun, still makes me mad when I think about it. But, with the direction Gott was going it may have been a blessing. I think we are better off right now overall. If Bam had of come here, Gott may still be here, and Keatts would be somewhere else(not UNCW).
Yep, that is the silver lining. Coach Keatts, IMO, is a big upgrade when it comes to a- motivation b- player development c- gameplanning/coaching philosophy
Westwolf
Yeah, Gott seems better suited to be an NBA-D League manager, not someone who builds a program, develops players and outhinks other coaches.
We need to give Keatts time; this team is a real mashup of random parts, and next year will be really young.
Dunlow66
apackfan69 said:

Just called my source. He said things were extremely quiet in the KJ camp. I ask if he was still thinking 65% State, and he said since things were so quiet he had to go back to 50/50. Bottom line, we are still in it 7 hours before the announcement.
even the Maryland die hards have switched to UK on this one.
Bell Tower Grey
Dunlow66 said:

apackfan69 said:

even the Maryland die hards have switched to UK on this one.
Maybe it's a smoke screen and we somehow land him.

Maybe.
packphinsfan
apackfan69 said:

Dunlow66 said:

Actually, (and this makes me feel better knowing this scenario is likely) even if Bam had come here, we would`ve still stunk. Gott had more than enough tools, he was more worried about his big boxing show. All the tools in the shop wont make you a craftsman if you dont put in the time. Gott proved it.
wolfpackfan00
wolfpackfan00
Dunlow66
Kinston product....might be one to watch

Jamie Shaw @JamieShaw5
FollowingFollowing @JamieShaw5
More

6'7 Junior Dericko Williams is a man child, so strength & explosion & motor
Thunderhill
Dunlow66 said:

Kinston product....might be one to watch

Jamie Shaw @JamieShaw5
FollowingFollowing @JamieShaw5
More

6'7 Junior Dericko Williams is a man child, so strength & explosion & motor

Kinston? Some State history out of there...
The Phantom
Keldon Johnson is about to announce.

Here's to hope!!
wolfpackfan00
Keldon Johnson to Kentucky
AtlWolf
If Dunlow doesn't say it is going to happen, it is not.
Dunlow66
Might see us turn up the heat on Funderburke now that we have missed on KJ. Also think that the other kid at Hargrave(CG Mcgowens) might consider a reclass if staff decides they want him. I still think we add another player to this class
Bell Tower Grey
Dunlow66 said:

Might see us turn up the heat on Funderburke now that we have missed on KJ. Also think that the other kid at Hargrave(CG Mcgowens) might consider a reclass if staff decides they want him. I still think we add another player to this class
If you were making the decision for one over the other, would it be Funderburke or McGowens?
Dunlow66
Bell Tower Grey said:

Dunlow66 said:

If you were making the decision for one over the other, would it be Funderburke or McGowens?
Funderburke.
theAccused
Isn't McGowens a 3 star?
Dunlow66
GhostofBragaw said:

Isn't McGowens a 3 star?
I'd say he is right there on the verge of 'four star' status....but Funderburk was a top 75 kid who would be the age of a typical college junior when the '18 season begins.
Andrew4343
Funderburke would be our only Big who has ever played college ball...assuming we get him and he takes yurts scholarship
wufpack7
He won't have played any D1 ball, but he would be 2 years older than the freshmen and have practiced for a year against Big Ten post players. Not to mention that he was higher rated coming out than any of the other post options we will have. Adding him would make a lot of sense IMO. Certainly more sense than adding another 3-star PG/combo guard to a fairly crowded backcourt. But of course I will welcome whoever we bring in with open arms in any case.
RowanWolf
In a scrimmage today N Meck beat Cox Mill 70-67. At least 4 future D1 players between the two teams. Withers had 17 for NM. Moore had 35 for CM.
Riddickulous
Maybe it's just me, but at this point I would rather save any open spots for potential grad transfer big men next year. We will be loaded in the 1-4 spots, and talented but inexperienced at the 5 (assuming we lose Yurt). If we can bring in an impact grad transfer at that spot then we could be very good.
The Phantom
Is Funderburke the son of or otherwise related to Lawrence Funderburke, who played at Ohio State in the 90s?

Would love to have this guy join our class!!
The Phantom
Ok. . .answered my own question. . .no relation. . .

http://www.cleveland.com/osu/2014/10/ohio_state_derek_funderburk_la.html
Dunlow66
Riddickulous said:

Maybe it's just me, but at this point I would rather save any open spots for potential grad transfer big men next year. We will be loaded in the 1-4 spots, and talented but inexperienced at the 5 (assuming we lose Yurt). If we can bring in an impact grad transfer at that spot then we could be very good.
I imagine we will have room for a Postgrad if we want to add one. Dont like the idea of saving a scholarship for a 'maybe' if we already have a 'bird in the hand'.
Bulldogwolf27
Totally agree with Dun, if he have a take. Especially one with talent and age take him
Packfan8
Was Shaun Kirk hurt tonight? Because on his Snapchat story he seem upset about not playing! Could he be a player to transfer after this year
NatePait94
Moorehunter8 said:

Was Shaun Kirk hurt tonight? Because on his Snapchat story he seem upset about not playing! Could he be a player to transfer after this year
I feel for him. I really wanted to get another dunk out of him today. No telling at this point whether who will or won't transfer. I don't believe he was hurt. He looked fine in warm-ups. He could very well play 20 minutes against Bryant.

All that aside, truly disappointed he didnt step on the floor. Looking forward to the future.
chaser
My impression of him is a super athlete that stands around wanting to shoot a 3 pointer. It doesn't make sense. To me, if Kirk wants to see the floor he needs to be a lock down defender and opportunistic rebounder.
WolfpackSI
chaser said:

My impression of him is a super athlete that stands around wanting to shoot a 3 pointer. It doesn't make sense. To me, if Kirk wants to see the floor he needs to be a lock down defender and opportunistic rebounder.
Hasnt shown that he can do either.
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
dogplasma
Keatts recruited Kirk when he was at UNC-W, didn't he? It's a little surprising to not see him get more PT against this level of competition. But then, if his floor time is similar across two different coaching staffs, I guess that says something.
wolfpackfan00
Dunlow has been saying this for weeks if not months, but this is interesting to say after his commitment
Bell Tower Grey
wolfpackfan00 said:

Dunlow has been saying this for weeks if not months, but this is interesting to say after his commitment
Would love to see Keatts flip him if he hasn't signed an LOI yet.
wufpack7
Gravis said:

Very good chance news will break soon on something out of left field.

Is today the day? I'll be good with whoever it is, but I'll say ahead of time I hope it's not just a depth guy. I think we've already got good depth starting next year, what we need with our last scholarship is a star. Here's hoping.
First Page Last Page
Page 37 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.