Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,245,763 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 10 mo ago by SM1987
WolfpackSI
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Excellent pickup by KK with Joel Justus. Dude looks like he can recruit!

Looks like hes a NC native as well. Went to UNCW. Stints at Elon and Davidson Day before going to UK.
Wywolf
WolvesWinNow
Good luck to him. Happier that we got another year of Terq.
ClePack
WolvesWinNow said:

Was Henderson turned away by the thought of losing minutes to terq? Thought he was more of a seabron replacement. Either way, big loss. Not sure where we look now.
RDUwolfpack
ClePack said:

WolvesWinNow said:

Was Henderson turned away by the thought of losing minutes to terq? Thought he was more of a seabron replacement. Either way, big loss. Not sure where we look now.
We got Terq back. We're fine.
WolfpackSI
Could be a combination of Terq coming back and maybe Justus bringing someone with him? Wishful thinking maybe
Packfan8
Wywolf
Joey Baker to Michigan. Hope we get Akot.
ZAXPACK15
Unfortunately it looks like he is trending towards Memphis.
3rd generation CALS grad
WolfpackSI
ZAXPACK15 said:

Unfortunately it looks like he is trending towards Memphis.
ooof
Wywolf
Akot to Memphis. The search to fill the last roster spot continues.
WolfpackSI
Wywolf said:

Akot to Memphis. The search to fill the last roster spot continues.
I mean we could also not fill it. Keep that spot going into the season for a midseason transfer. That hasn't been KK's MO though
ClePack
RDUwolfpack said:

ClePack said:

WolvesWinNow said:

We are not fine. We were dead last with Terq last year. We need dudes!
RDUwolfpack
ClePack said:

RDUwolfpack said:

ClePack said:

WolvesWinNow said:

Joiner
Burns
Dusan
Gantt
Clark

We got 5
nryanh94
RDUwolfpack said:

ClePack said:

RDUwolfpack said:

ClePack said:

WolvesWinNow said:

Joiner
Burns
Dusan
Gantt
Clark

We got 5

I sure hope Gantt is impactful as some of you are hoping he's going to be
RDUwolfpack
nryanh94 said:

RDUwolfpack said:

ClePack said:

RDUwolfpack said:

ClePack said:

WolvesWinNow said:

Joiner
Burns
Dusan
Gantt
Clark

We got 5

Even if he's a good role player, he's helpful.

This dude acting like we haven't got anyone though. We've added 5 players that didn't play last year lol
nryanh94
RDUwolfpack said:

nryanh94 said:

RDUwolfpack said:

ClePack said:

RDUwolfpack said:

ClePack said:

WolvesWinNow said:

Joiner
Burns
Dusan
Gantt
Clark

We got 5

This dude acting like we haven't got anyone though. We've added 5 players that didn't play last year lol

Yeah I certainly think we're in a decent spot. Just not sure we should expect a ton from him, I'd expect more from Ross honestly
RDUwolfpack
nryanh94 said:

RDUwolfpack said:

nryanh94 said:

RDUwolfpack said:

ClePack said:

RDUwolfpack said:

ClePack said:

WolvesWinNow said:

Joiner
Burns
Dusan
Gantt
Clark

We got 5

Yeah I certainly think we're in a decent spot. Just not sure we should expect a ton from him, I'd expect more from Ross honestly

2nd year guy that was injured over a 4th year guy with experience from Providence ?
nryanh94
RDUwolfpack said:

nryanh94 said:

RDUwolfpack said:

nryanh94 said:

RDUwolfpack said:

ClePack said:

RDUwolfpack said:

ClePack said:

WolvesWinNow said:

Joiner
Burns
Dusan
Gantt
Clark

We got 5

2nd year guy that was injured over a 4th year guy with experience from Providence ?

Yes. I've seen Greg a good bit both in HS and college. I also have a buddy that is a providence alum who was pretty happy he freed up a scholarship
StrengthOfThePack92
We got two dudes in Joiner and Burns. I don't think people realize how good of a player we got in Burns. Dude was in the 93rd percentile in overall offense last year. Joiner + an older Terquavion + Burns is a pretty scary trio
ClePack
RDUwolfpack said:

nryanh94 said:

RDUwolfpack said:

nryanh94 said:

RDUwolfpack said:

ClePack said:

RDUwolfpack said:

ClePack said:

WolvesWinNow said:

Joiner
Burns
Dusan
Gantt
Clark

We got 5

Gant was mediocre at providence, much like morsell was at Virginia. I'm not expecting much from him. Like last year, I'm worried about scoring. We didn't add any known scorers, and that was a big issue for us last year. Not much reliable shooting on this team as it stands.
nryanh94
ClePack said:

RDUwolfpack said:

nryanh94 said:

RDUwolfpack said:

nryanh94 said:

RDUwolfpack said:

ClePack said:

RDUwolfpack said:

ClePack said:

WolvesWinNow said:

Joiner
Burns
Dusan
Gantt
Clark

We got 5

Gant was mediocre at providence, much like morsell was at Virginia. I'm not expecting much from him. Like last year, I'm worried about scoring. We didn't add any known scorers, and that was a big issue for us last year. Not much reliable shooting on this team as it stands.

What lol? Scorers is all we added
RDUwolfpack
ClePack said:

RDUwolfpack said:

nryanh94 said:

RDUwolfpack said:

nryanh94 said:

RDUwolfpack said:

ClePack said:

RDUwolfpack said:

ClePack said:

WolvesWinNow said:

Joiner
Burns
Dusan
Gantt
Clark

We got 5

Joiner
Burns

Straight scorers..
wolfpackjb
ClePack said:

RDUwolfpack said:

nryanh94 said:

RDUwolfpack said:

nryanh94 said:

RDUwolfpack said:

ClePack said:

RDUwolfpack said:

ClePack said:

WolvesWinNow said:

Joiner
Burns
Dusan
Gantt
Clark

We got 5

Peep the post above yours my dude
ClePack
RDUwolfpack said:

ClePack said:

RDUwolfpack said:

nryanh94 said:

RDUwolfpack said:

nryanh94 said:

RDUwolfpack said:

ClePack said:

RDUwolfpack said:

ClePack said:

WolvesWinNow said:

Joiner
Burns
Dusan
Gantt
Clark

We got 5

Joiner
Burns

Straight scorers..

Neither are strong 3pt shooters. Joiner shot 41% overall from the floor last year, that's not particularly good.

I had these same fears before last season and they came to fruition pretty strongly, I figure we're going to have more of the same issues unless keatts somehow comes up with a new offense, which I doubt happens.

fwiw, I love the addition of those 2 players, I just don't think they are going to elevate us much higher than we were last season.
ClePack
wolfpackjb said:

ClePack said:

RDUwolfpack said:

nryanh94 said:

RDUwolfpack said:

nryanh94 said:

RDUwolfpack said:

ClePack said:

RDUwolfpack said:

ClePack said:

WolvesWinNow said:

Joiner
Burns
Dusan
Gantt
Clark

We got 5

Love the addition of burns, he's going to bring some offense to our bigs which we haven't had since funderburke. I don't love the lack of 3 point shooting on this team, which is what you really need to win in CBB now.
wolfpackjb
ClePack said:

wolfpackjb said:

ClePack said:

RDUwolfpack said:

nryanh94 said:

RDUwolfpack said:

nryanh94 said:

RDUwolfpack said:

ClePack said:

RDUwolfpack said:

ClePack said:

WolvesWinNow said:

Joiner
Burns
Dusan
Gantt
Clark

We got 5

Love the addition of burns, he's going to bring some offense to our bigs which we haven't had since funderburke. I don't love the lack of 3 point shooting on this team, which is what you really need to win in CBB now.

You said we didn't add any "known scorers," which is simply not true. Burns was one of the most efficient post scorers in the country, and Joiner has lead two different programs in scoring. However, I do agree the lack of shooting could be an issue. That's why I wish we could use that last scholarship to add a legit outside shooter on the wing
RDUwolfpack
ClePack said:

RDUwolfpack said:

ClePack said:

RDUwolfpack said:

nryanh94 said:

RDUwolfpack said:

nryanh94 said:

RDUwolfpack said:

ClePack said:

RDUwolfpack said:

ClePack said:

WolvesWinNow said:

Joiner
Burns
Dusan
Gantt
Clark

We got 5

Joiner
Burns

Straight scorers..

Neither are strong 3pt shooters. Joiner shot 41% overall from the floor last year, that's not particularly good.

I had these same fears before last season and they came to fruition pretty strongly, I figure we're going to have more of the same issues unless keatts somehow comes up with a new offense, which I doubt happens.

fwiw, I love the addition of those 2 players, I just don't think they are going to elevate us much higher than we were last season.
Go back and listen to James' podcast on Joiner. He said he would be better in Keatts system.
Acb0110
ClePack said:

wolfpackjb said:

ClePack said:

RDUwolfpack said:

nryanh94 said:

RDUwolfpack said:

nryanh94 said:

RDUwolfpack said:

ClePack said:

RDUwolfpack said:

ClePack said:

WolvesWinNow said:

Joiner
Burns
Dusan
Gantt
Clark

We got 5

Look at what Morsell did in KK's system. His percentages increased dramatically. Especially before he was injured. I think the same goes for Joiner this year. Burns was already efficient. Terq may be one of the best 3ball shooters in the country. Clark will increase his % just from the system and having a distributor like Joiner. We literally ran a forward at point last year. With more willing passers, a true distributor, Terq wanting to be more of a playmaker, and competent big men, I would say I expect a massive improvement over last year. My only real concern is the 4 spot.
ClePack
RDUwolfpack said:

ClePack said:

RDUwolfpack said:

ClePack said:

RDUwolfpack said:

nryanh94 said:

RDUwolfpack said:

nryanh94 said:

RDUwolfpack said:

ClePack said:

RDUwolfpack said:

ClePack said:

WolvesWinNow said:

Joiner
Burns
Dusan
Gantt
Clark

We got 5

Joiner
Burns

Straight scorers..

Go back and listen to James' podcast on Joiner. He said he would be better in Keatts system.

Heard that about morsell, too. I'm not gonna get any hopes up until these dudes prove it on the floor. I do think joiner will be MUCH better than morsell though.
ClePack
Acb0110 said:

ClePack said:

wolfpackjb said:

ClePack said:

RDUwolfpack said:

nryanh94 said:

RDUwolfpack said:

nryanh94 said:

RDUwolfpack said:

ClePack said:

RDUwolfpack said:

ClePack said:

WolvesWinNow said:

Joiner
Burns
Dusan
Gantt
Clark

We got 5

Look at what Morsell did in KK's system. His percentages increased dramatically. Especially before he was injured. I think the same goes for Joiner this year. Burns was already efficient. Terq may be one of the best 3ball shooters in the country. Clark will increase his % just from the system and having a distributor like Joiner. We literally ran a forward at point last year. With more willing passers, a true distributor, Terq wanting to be more of a playmaker, and competent big men, I would say I expect a massive improvement over last year. My only real concern is the 4 spot.

Morsell was still pretty bad for us. I'm not sure he'd start on any acc looking to compete. I do agree with you that burns and joiner will pay big dividends because our bigs were atrocious last year and cam Hayes was a trainwreck. Stability at those positions will go a long way. This roster on paper is still a bottom half finisher though, barring some incredible coaching.
WolfpackSI
I have no doubt that Burn is gonna be a great offensive piece. He really needs to work on fouls though. Cant be effective if you cant stay on the floor
RDUwolfpack
ClePack said:

Acb0110 said:

ClePack said:

wolfpackjb said:

ClePack said:

RDUwolfpack said:

nryanh94 said:

RDUwolfpack said:

nryanh94 said:

RDUwolfpack said:

ClePack said:

RDUwolfpack said:

ClePack said:

WolvesWinNow said:

Joiner
Burns
Dusan
Gantt
Clark

We got 5

Morsell was still pretty bad for us. I'm not sure he'd start on any acc looking to compete. I do agree with you that burns and joiner will pay big dividends because our bigs were atrocious last year and cam Hayes was a trainwreck. Stability at those positions will go a long way. This roster on paper is still a bottom half finisher though, barring some incredible coaching.

Go look at Casey's number pre-injury
NCSU1995
We quickly had no inside game last year so teams didn't have to really guard us in the paint. It's hard(er) to get a shot off when the defender knows you're not going to dump the ball inside.
WolfpackSI
Dereon went Undrafted last night but signed a 2way with the pelicans
First Page Last Page
Page 393 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.