Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,226,812 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by SM1987
FlockaWolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
FlockaWolf
PackAlpha91
Plays for coach Myers @IMG. Have to think that helps, right?
state95
RDUwolfpack said:

ClePack said:

Acb0110 said:

ClePack said:

wolfpackjb said:

ClePack said:

RDUwolfpack said:

nryanh94 said:

RDUwolfpack said:

nryanh94 said:

RDUwolfpack said:

ClePack said:

RDUwolfpack said:

ClePack said:

WolvesWinNow said:

Good luck to him. Happier that we got another year of Terq.

Was Henderson turned away by the thought of losing minutes to terq? Thought he was more of a seabron replacement. Either way, big loss. Not sure where we look now.
We got Terq back. We're fine.
We are not fine. We were dead last with Terq last year. We need dudes!

Joiner
Burns
Dusan
Gantt
Clark

We got 5

I sure hope Gantt is impactful as some of you are hoping he's going to be

Even if he's a good role player, he's helpful.

This dude acting like we haven't got anyone though. We've added 5 players that didn't play last year lol

Yeah I certainly think we're in a decent spot. Just not sure we should expect a ton from him, I'd expect more from Ross honestly

2nd year guy that was injured over a 4th year guy with experience from Providence ?

Gant was mediocre at providence, much like morsell was at Virginia. I'm not expecting much from him. Like last year, I'm worried about scoring. We didn't add any known scorers, and that was a big issue for us last year. Not much reliable shooting on this team as it stands.

Peep the post above yours my dude
Love the addition of burns, he's going to bring some offense to our bigs which we haven't had since funderburke. I don't love the lack of 3 point shooting on this team, which is what you really need to win in CBB now.
Look at what Morsell did in KK's system. His percentages increased dramatically. Especially before he was injured. I think the same goes for Joiner this year. Burns was already efficient. Terq may be one of the best 3ball shooters in the country. Clark will increase his % just from the system and having a distributor like Joiner. We literally ran a forward at point last year. With more willing passers, a true distributor, Terq wanting to be more of a playmaker, and competent big men, I would say I expect a massive improvement over last year. My only real concern is the 4 spot.

Morsell was still pretty bad for us. I'm not sure he'd start on any acc looking to compete. I do agree with you that burns and joiner will pay big dividends because our bigs were atrocious last year and cam Hayes was a trainwreck. Stability at those positions will go a long way. This roster on paper is still a bottom half finisher though, barring some incredible coaching.

Go look at Casey's number pre-injury
Were his numbers better because of the opponents? We didn't exactly have a strong non-conference schedule.
StrengthOfThePack92
The opponents included some solid teams, including two P5 teams in Nebraska and Ok St. Two NCAA tourny teams in Colgate and Texas So. And a team that made their conference champ game in LA Tech. He had 14 against Nebraska before getting injured, 8 against OK St, 22 against Colgate, 7 against Tx So, and 14 against LA Tech. He only hit double figures 5 more times the rest of the season. I think the injury + change in role had a big impact on him and hope he can have a big season for us.
FlockaWolf

No mention of State so don't think he's coming here
wolf01
FlockaWolf said:

Given his style of play and seeing what Terq has done as a top 100 guy in our system, I'm confident he'll give us a good look.
FlockaWolf
Maybe but he mentioned roughly 8 schools and we weren't one of them
nryanh94
wolf01 said:

FlockaWolf said:

Given his style of play and seeing what Terq has done as a top 100 guy in our system, I'm confident he'll give us a good look.

He's not visited us since his 8th grade season until last week. I doubt we get him.
FlockaWolf
FlockaWolf
FlockaWolf
Cory Smith of PP just put in a CB for us to land Mady Traore, who announces his commitment today

https://247sports.com/Player/Mady-Traore-46109942/
braz213
This must be who Gravis meant.
Wolfpack1724
braz213 said:

This must be who Gravis meant.

If you're gonna take a big man project, at least make sure they are tall. Seems like a good use of the last scholarship.
Packfan8
We finally landed the French kid
FlockaWolf
Packfan8 said:

We finally landed the French kid

Crazy to think that this is still the same thread where that was said
nryanh94
Bulldogwolf27
nryanh94 said:

Looks like Jutus is going in on recruiting
nryanh94
Bulldogwolf27 said:

nryanh94 said:

Looks like Jutus is going in on recruiting

All I have to say is you've gotta assume that kid gives zero ****s about a coaches job security with that list.
Wywolf
Freddie Dilione to Tennessee.
wolf01
Wywolf said:

This guy sounded a lot like Terq at the stage he's at, so I thought he would be a lay up for us based on what Terq accomplished this past year. KK gives these kinds of guys the freedom to play and showcase what they can do. If you aren't into that, then I just can't help you...
nryanh94
wolf01 said:

Wywolf said:

This guy sounded a lot like Terq at the stage he's at, so I thought he would be a lay up for us based on what Terq accomplished this past year. KK gives these kinds of guys the freedom to play and showcase what they can do. If you aren't into that, then I just can't help you...

Freddie went over 3 years without visiting our campus in spite of the fact we tried to get him there (with him going to school in Raleigh). We weren't ever going to get him unfortunately
wolf01
nryanh94 said:

wolf01 said:

Wywolf said:

Freddie went over 3 years without visiting our campus in spite of the fact we tried to get him there (with him going to school in Raleigh). We weren't ever going to get him unfortunately

I get that. My point was really more about him until recently being a top 200 kid with a scoring guard mentality - much like Terq was. And him seeing Terq elevate himself to 1st round status playing in KK's system and still not giving us a solid look. You just can't help a guy like that.
state95
It's September 22nd and we have exactly 0 commits for this season. What the hell is going on?
Westwolf
Yeah, if I had to guess, I could see Keatts going full-on, 100% transfer portal moving forward. And maybe that's fine, I don't know.
College sports are kinda starting to suck. Will there even be an ACC two years from now?
jbwbubba
Davin Cosby Jr had us in top four, but picked Alabama today
jbwbubba
2023 four-star Dennis Parker is down to five schools, he tells @On3Recruits.

Story: https://t.co/izJKfyc8BL https://t.co/2Jomosk7CI
Westwolf
Losing recruits to Alabama? Isn't Va supposed to be Keatt's turf?
NCStateFanForLife
4* PG Ty-Laur Johnson commits to Memphis

We were in his Final 3 with Seton Hall
WolfpackSI
Trey Parker committed to us yesterday with an LOI. He is the brother of former target Kwe Parker

Things seem to be getting back on track for KK. I hope he hits the portal hard this off-season.
wolfpacker7
This board still alive? All the PP threads get derailed so quickly, tired of it
WolvesWinNow
Yeah PackPride has got some seriously screwed up posters and moderators. If you like talking crap about Keatts, Boo and Woodson that is the place to be. If you want to talk about recruiting or sports not so much.
Westwolf
^Lol…so add something of substance regarding recruiting. Any insights on losing a starting forward like Clark to the portal, other than the simplistic "every team has transfers"?
Do you know of any names we are looking at that can replace the collective talent of Smith, Joiner, and Clark?
Are we admitting that last year represents Keatt's ceiling, bubble into NCAAT and lose on first day about once every five years? Are we now in rebuild mode?
Wywolf
Mills to Memphis.
Wywolf
Dunn to Houston
First Page
Page 394 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.