Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,224,144 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by SM1987
mds22
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sierrawolf
Gravis whats up with the tease?
pltwolves
We resubmit the waiver to play through an attorney.
Packman87
y'all are killing me... if I pay for premium will I actually #getinside or just get cockblocked from the inside on out... as usual with every other pack forum?
Sierrawolf
Packman87 said:

y'all are killing me... if I pay for premium will I actually #getinside or just get cockblocked from the inside on out... as usual with every other pack forum?
I have similar feelings. Why even post something like that if you aren't going to allude to what's going on?

I will say that I thought that chat was going to be a place where we could discuss things like this, but it's a ghost town at the moment.
Packman87
If someone could model a website around actually SHARING information rather than just teasing it... I'd pay whatever they asked for the subscription
Bulldogwolf27
HE could have said nothing. Now there will probably be a wait and see thing. Just appreciate the info that Gravis gives.
tripchuck
You guys all know by now that Gravis shares what he can when he can and asking him these questions won't move him to divulge info before he is able. I can hear him asking to just have a little patience.
Sierrawolf
Jaywolf27 said:

HE could have said nothing. Now there will probably be a wait and see thing. Just appreciate the info that Gravis gives.
He actually did say nothing.
Packman87
Good to know chat isn't worth it.... I'm really not trying to talk crap... and for what its worth packpride is way worse than this and has absolutely ZERO insider stuff. They do have a bunch of fancy podcasts and features though although that doesn't really do it for me. I just really hate that this change completely split the subscribers and essentially made both websites a ghost town with little to desire. Its a lose, lose for a dorky pack fan who loves forums! Just hard to find my fix anymore.
Sierrawolf
Packman87 said:

Good to know chat isn't worth it.... I'm really not trying to talk crap... and for what its worth packpride is way worse than this and has absolutely ZERO insider stuff. They do have a bunch of fancy podcasts and features though although that doesn't really do it for me. I just really hate that this change completely split the subscribers and essentially made both websites a ghost town with little to desire. Its a lose, lose for a dorky pack fan who loves forums! Just hard to find my fix anymore.
I would agree with a lot of your sentiments about the split. I definitely appreciate all the work James puts in here and prefer it to PP.

The other day chat actually had lots of good conversation going on, but it has fizzled out midweek.
Packman87
Sierrawolf
Anyways...He said out of left field. I don't think KJ would fit that description.
EthanBarry
Staff
Sierrawolf said:

Anyways...He said out of left field. I don't think KJ would fit that description.
Eh I think KJ committing would be pretty shocking.
James Henderson
Staff
Sierrawolf said:

Packman87 said:

I would agree with a lot of your sentiments about the split. I definitely appreciate all the work James puts in here and prefer it to PP.

The other day chat actually had lots of good conversation going on, but it has fizzled out midweek.
Sorry, but it's hard to chat for a couple of hours everyday.

The point of the chat room is having the capability to host chats. We had a good one during the Clemson game going.

We just can't sit in there everyday and talk and there isn't enough news to chat every singe day anyways.

Crazy, it's been less than a week and we're already getting complaints about it?
James Henderson
Staff
Packman87 said:

LOL, you guys are complaining about premium in a free thread.

In all seriousness, if you have a premium question, post it in the premium forum and it will be checked quicker.

Thanks fellas and hope you are enjoying the site!
JacksonWilliford
Packman87 said:

I completely understand your sentiments about the split, but I think another thing to keep in mind is the fact that this site is only a few months old. We're vamping up strategies to help bridge the gap and get more subscribers over here; it's crazy that there are still users out there that have no idea where James went, and as the site and its reputation builds, I think you'll see IPS grow even faster. Trust me, we're working on that every day

With regards to chat, I think that's also a function of the site being so new. I also think it's pretty cool that F5 listened to James (and other sites) and rolled out a functioning chat in almost no time
Why not us?

Follow me on twitter: @fj_williford
IseWolf22
JacksonWilliford said:

Packman87 said:

I completely understand your sentiments about the split, but I think another thing to keep in mind is the fact that this site is only a few months old. We're vamping up strategies to help bridge the gap and get more subscribers over here; it's crazy that there are still users out there that have no idea where James went, and as the site and its reputation builds, I think you'll see IPS grow even faster. Trust me, we're working on that every day

With regards to chat, I think that's also a function of the site being so new. I also think it's pretty cool that F5 listened to James (and other sites) and rolled out a functioning chat in almost no time
This site is just so much better designed. I work in IT and both the old and new PP forums are like nails on a chalkboard to me. IPS has been much, much, much better. Good content too even though I haven't made the plunge for premium yet. The ONLY problem is the lack of forum activity and like you said, hopefully that will pick up with time.

I completely missed chat going live though. Its that a premium feature?
JacksonWilliford
IseWolf22 said:

JacksonWilliford said:

Packman87 said:

This site is just so much better designed. I work in IT and both the old and new PP forums are like nails on a chalkboard to me. IPS has been much, much, much better. Good content too even though I haven't made the plunge for premium yet. The ONLY problem is the lack of forum activity and like you said, hopefully that will pick up with time.

Yes it is! It actually launched late last week. It hasn't been active 24/7 but James did a chat during the Bey commitment and it's picked up at times like the Clemson game, etc.

Getting consistent traffic there will also come with the site growing. Glad to see you're liking the new interface
Why not us?

Follow me on twitter: @fj_williford
Wolfonit
It's about time that you offer a killer incentive to join Premium again. I bet you will get some bites.

Thanks
Dunlow66
I hate to be that guy...but maybe start another thread to discuss our previous coach and any issues that may or may not surface. Like to keep this one about recruiting.

as for the tip from Gravis, I'm glad he stops by at all. Doesnt have to post anything on this site or any other for that matter.

Barrett is committing on Friday, KJ on Saturday......kinda feel like those two are related.

IMO, if Barrett goes to Duke or Oregon, Johnson commits to UK. Just cant see those two playing together.

The kicker is if Barrett actually picks UK. Duke guys are adamant that he will not do so. UK guys seem to think they made a late surge and have a shot at getting him. We will see.
TheWhiteWolf
Wolfonit said:

It's about time that you offer a killer incentive to join Premium again. I bet you will get some bites.

Thanks
A one week trial period maybe? But back to recruiting, does KJ's commitment this weekend mean what we all feared? Above post answers that. Now the teaser is more interesting
howlie
birdiePack said:

Gravis said:

Very good chance news will break soon on something out of left field.
Gott indicted and NCAA...
It WOULD be nice if there was at least a thumbs up or thumbs down to the "something" that will break.
Is it okay if we prepare ourselves for bad news or anticipate something good (since gravis' quoted post doesn't seem to be on this thread... IS it good news concerning recruiting)? Or...

Must we wonder if the NC State #### gets slung around again?
Bell Tower Grey
howlie, here is Gravis' post from yesterday afternoon:

Gravis
3:06p, 11/8/17
R

Very good chance news will break soon on something out of left field.

James Henderson
Staff
IseWolf22 said:

JacksonWilliford said:

Packman87 said:

Yes, it's a premium feature we have available. We'll be running chats periodically, tonight for instance!
Loucouldcoach
James Would you be so kind to post a chat recap on the free board so us senior citizen unwashed masses living on a fixed income that can't afford premium can stay connected

Thanks
Loucouldcoach
Quote:

Sorry, but it's hard to chat for a couple of hours everyday.

Take lessons from DDB and fitty

EthanBarry
Staff
Dunlow66 said:

I hate to be that guy...but maybe start another thread to discuss our previous coach and any issues that may or may not surface. Like to keep this one about recruiting.

as for the tip from Gravis, I'm glad he stops by at all. Doesnt have to post anything on this site or any other for that matter.

Barrett is committing on Friday, KJ on Saturday......kinda feel like those two are related.

IMO, if Barrett goes to Duke or Oregon, Johnson commits to UK. Just cant see those two playing together.

The kicker is if Barrett actually picks UK. Duke guys are adamant that he will not do so. UK guys seem to think they made a late surge and have a shot at getting him. We will see.
So if Barrett does go to UK, does that mean we have a shot at KJ? But if he goes to Duke we have no chance?
DiverDownBrian
Loucouldcoach said:

Don't drag me into your controversies ...
Dunlow66
DiverDownBrian said:

Loucouldcoach said:

DiverDownBrian
Dunlow66 said:

DiverDownBrian said:

Loucouldcoach said:

Bane and I do share the same haircut
Wolfpacker1385
Loucouldcoach said:

James Would you be so kind to post a chat recap on the free board so us senior citizen unwashed masses living on a fixed income that can't afford premium can stay connected

Thanks
As a premium member, I say "nope" - that is why we pay for premium!

#GTHC #WPN
Follow me on Twitter @wolfpacker1385
PackDaddy
I wouldn't mind seeing a small chat recap on the premium boards.
birdiePack
CedarMaronite said:

Do u guys think that Kirk will be the surprise player and earn major minitues? How does he fit in ck2 style vs. gott
I remember him licking us then Kentucky offered right after, but I would imagine he would be a great fit in this new system

Dun, is yurt going to fit in the system or is he not "fit" or "fast"for this type of system?

These could be our "new" recruits
Unless something is there that I haven't seen Kirk won't get a ton of minutes. He's a good athlete and can jump out of the gym but the next time I see him play defense will be the first. I really hope he proves me wrong because I'd really like to see him succeed.
If you never allow for a little fun and relaxation you will become mentally unstable without knowing it.
ecbwolf
Wolfpacker1385 said:

Loucouldcoach said:

Thanks
As a premium member, I say "nope" - that is why we pay for premium!

Lou asking for a recap and someone questioning him is classic!

First Page Last Page
Page 35 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.