Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,198,071 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by SM1987
Dunlow66
How long do you want to ignore this user?
sf59 said:

Any update on Ian Steere's knee?
not a serious tear....could set him back a bit this season, but he should be OK
ClePack
Dunlow66 said:

sf59 said:

Any update on Ian Steere's knee?
not a serious tear....could set him back a bit this season, but he should be OK
Wow. That's GREAT
1985 NCSU Grad
It is not just his dad putting him off...UK has asked him to wait. They would like to get him but they have others on the agenda and they really will know more in the next week and they would wait until spring.
Dunlow66
1985 NCSU Grad said:

It is not just his dad putting him off...UK has asked him to wait. They would like to get him but they have others on the agenda and they really will know more in the next week and they would wait until spring.
Barrett is the one they want.....but UK would take both and not look back one bit. I dont agree that Kentucky wants KJ to wait til spring. They have won him over already and dont want to lose him. Barrett is the higher priority, but not by much and most still think Duke gets him.

Zion plays a different position, but is a ball dominator. Still think he is wide open and I think he waits til spring. Kid seems to love the attention.
duckfatrules
in an article on another site it mentions that Keatts is full at 13 for 2018 recruiting. I dont see that.
with Abu, Hunt and Freeman gone from this years team that leaves us with one more open spot for 2018, assuming 7 stays. of course he could save the 13th for the next year 2019 where he only has Kirk and Dorn finished. But the way kids transfer these years, I would bet he still has 4 for 2019.

1 Sr. Shaun Kirk
2 Sr. Torin Dorn
3 Omar Yurseven
4 Darius Hicks
5 Markell Johnson
6 Lavar Batts
7 CJ Bryce
8 Braxton Beverly
9 Saddiq Bey
10 Jericole hellems
11 Immanuel Bates
12 Ian Steere

did I leave someone out?
Dunlow66
duckfatrules said:

in an article on another site it mentions that Keatts is full at 13 for 2018 recruiting. I dont see that.
with Abu, Hunt and Freeman gone from this years team that leaves us with one more open spot for 2018, assuming 7 stays. of course he could save the 13th for the next year 2019 where he only has Kirk and Dorn finished. But the way kids transfer these years, I would bet he still has 4 for 2019.

1 Sr. Shaun Kirk
2 Sr. Torin Dorn
3 Omar Yurseven
4 Darius Hicks
5 Markell Johnson
6 Lavar Batts
7 CJ Bryce
8 Braxton Beverly
9 Saddiq Bey
10 Jericole hellems
11 Immanuel Bates
12 Ian Steere

did I leave someone out?

Transfer from Utah Devon Daniels
duckfatrules
Devon Daniels

1 Sr. Shaun Kirk
2 Sr. Torin Dorn
3 Omar Yurseven
4 Darius Hicks
5 Markell Johnson
6 Lavar Batts
7 CJ Bryce
8 Devon Daniels
9 Braxton Beverly
10 Saddiq Bey
11 Jericole hellems
12 Immanuel Bates
13 Ian Steere
mds22
Jack Herron(VA high school basketball analyst) posted this in reply to Paul Biancardi saying KJ seemed to be down to Kentucky and Texas. Take it fwiw, but seems like a decent source.

1985 NCSU Grad
Never said UK would not take KJ if he was so inclined that he had to commit but they have bigger fish right now (some that are not publicly known). My info. comes from a very close UK connection to their program. As with anything - anything can happen.
WolfpackSI
I don't see how we get KJ at this point. Where is the scholarship going to come from?
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
Bulldogwolf27
Omer will most likely turn pro after this year. Stats will look a lot better this year. He really almost stayed in the draft last year. Were rumors of a San Antonio promise at pick 29 last year.
williewolf
2019 will be interesting if there is not much roster turnover:

with limited spots i would assume Keatts prioritizes Moore and maybe Withers from NC?

also maybe another pg in that class ?
PackPantherMav

Looks like it will be next week
Dunlow66
PackPantherMav said:

If he annnounces next week, have to think it is UK.

Little bit of noise that we still have a shot here, despite the numbers we have on the wing.....assuming Johnson waits.

I keep getting conflicting info on this one. I kind of feel like Dad and KJ are telling each school a little bit different story. Sure has been interesting
Dunlow66
also a bit of a rumor floating the Quentin Grimes has already committed to the Kansas coaches....which could impact KJ with Kentucky.
NatePait94
Dunlow66 said:

also a bit of a rumor floating the Quentin Grimes has already committed to the Kansas coaches....which could impact KJ with Kentucky.

Heard the same with Grimes.

I may go down as crazy, but until KJ declares his choice, I am going to stick with the notion that we offer what him and his family desire.
We're all Red on the inside. Some of us are just Blue in the face, and they're sick.
Dunlow66
Dunlow66 said:

PackPantherMav said:

If he annnounces next week, have to think it is UK.

Little bit of noise that we still have a shot here, despite the numbers we have on the wing.....assuming Johnson waits.

I keep getting conflicting info on this one. I kind of feel like Dad and KJ are telling each school a little bit different story. Sure has been interesting
Maryland noise now that KJ gave a their coaches the dreaded 'silent verbal' when on his OV there, only to be blown away by the UK hype machine.

again, reminds me a LOT of the Bam Adebayo recruitment.
apackfan69
NatePait94 said:

Dunlow66 said:

I may go down as crazy, but until KJ declares his choice, I am going to stick with the notion that we offer what him and his family desire.
My source, who I want to be up front and say in my opinion, is better with talent from the eastern part on NC, says KJ's parents are really pushing him to pick Maryland or NC State. He also says he thinks that the kid will wait a while longer to announce.
Dunlow66
apackfan69 said:

NatePait94 said:

Dunlow66 said:

My source, who I want to be up front and say in my opinion, is better with talent from the eastern part on NC, says KJ's parents are really pushing him to pick Maryland or NC State. He also says he thinks that the kid will wait a while longer to announce.
Agree, Dad is pushing the 'local' angle and he wants KJ to at least have a chance at being a 'featured' player and not just another cog in the UK machine. This matches up exactly to what I have been hearing/reading on the subject. But KJ is pretty much sold on Kentucky.
Bell Tower Grey
Sold? Or bought, dun?
Bam says "Hey"....
TheStorm
Where the heck did the name "Texas" even come back up from again? Haven't seen that one mentioned in a while now here with KJ. Does that guy have any clue what he is talking about?
state95
It's weird having a full recruiting class done in November (obviously still hoping for KJ) versus scrambling to fill a team in May.
sf59
state95 said:

It's weird having a full recruiting class done in November (obviously still hoping for KJ) versus scrambling to fill a team in May.
May?... shoot, Gottball was filling spots in August
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
—Jack Handey
Dunlow66
Keldon Johnson recruitment right now.................

ClePack
Dunlow66 said:

Keldon Johnson recruitment right now.................

?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
sf59
Do tell
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
—Jack Handey
StateFan2001
I know nothing other than what is posted on here but I do know to never count Keatts out in recruiting.
Megapack
I refuse to get my hopes up... but I'll be F5'ing this page until he announces
TheWhiteWolf
The kid said he was 95% certain a few days ago, can't believe there are so many rumors still
ClePack
what are the rumors? i'm out of the loop!!
Dunlow66
TheWhiteWolf said:

The kid said he was 95% certain a few days ago, can't believe there are so many rumors still
Dad, Mom, extended family want him elsewhere. We will see
EthanBarry
Staff
Dunlow66 said:

TheWhiteWolf said:

Dad, Mom, extended family want him elsewhere. We will see
You've compared his recruitment to Bam. Maybe this one plays out the opposite way Bam's did...
NatePait94
Ride the wave fella's. Keep yelling KJ to State.
We're all Red on the inside. Some of us are just Blue in the face, and they're sick.
dogplasma
Does the fact that we're still recruiting for 2018 imply that we know someone (Y7?) is leaving early after this season?
Gravis

Very good chance news will break soon on something out of left field.
First Page Last Page
Page 33 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.