Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,223,580 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by SM1987
TheWhiteWolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
pack1502 said:

Seeing buzz that keldon Johnson has cooled on UK and we have a shot again. Any truth to this?
Saw on twitter someone say UK canceled a visit but don't know any truth to it, seems like we are out though
Dunlow66
Rumor that former Pack target Jarius Hamilton will be deciding in the next week. Getting some strong Miss State heat right now. Seems like Jarius is looking for something and I am not so sure a team run by Ben Howland is the best place for him. I think Coach Keatts did the right thing here in moving on from this recruitment.
1985 NCSU Grad
UK has cooled on Johnson (they would still take him but) - they have moved Herro ahead of him in recruitment and priority. Cal has made it a priority to see him and offered him personally.
Dunlow66
1985 NCSU Grad said:

UK has cooled on Johnson (they would still take him but) - they have moved Herro ahead of him in recruitment and priority. Cal has made it a priority to see him and offered him personally.
I dont think they have moved Herro ahead of Johnson. I think they knew Herro would commit to UK the minute he decommited from Wisconsin and Cal is now finishing up the recruitment.

Still think UK or Maryland with Johnson. JMO.
TheWhiteWolf
Dunlow66 said:

1985 NCSU Grad said:

I dont think they have moved Herro ahead of Johnson. I think they knew Herro would commit to UK the minute he decommited from Wisconsin and Cal is now finishing up the recruitment.

Still think UK or Maryland with Johnson. JMO.
Maryland seems confident they can get him if it is not UK. I know its been discussed before but some UK people think Herro will actually take time from Johnson and may make him look else where
Dunlow66
IMO, Herro will not push Keldon Johnson away from UK

but Quentin Grimes could.
wolfpackfan00
Former NC State commit Jamie Lewis has committed to Wake Forest.
twentytoe
So do we still have a chance?
dogplasma
No mention of the Bey commit?
Dunlow66
twentytoe said:

So do we still have a chance?
with KJ?

conflicting info right now. Just a lot more 'no chance' opinions for NCSU/Keldon than positive vibes.
twentytoe
Ok, but with the way things are going in the recruiting world I still wouldn't count us out. Even though we have the scholarship challenge.
wolverinepack20
apologies for the comment on Hicks that rubbed folks the wrong way. I want him to succeed here and it was good to see him get some PT and make use of it today in the exhibition game. This staff will give everyone a fair shot and those who stay, will achieve something, is the feeling I get. Future is bright for the Pack.
Dunlow66
Jonathan M AlexanderVerified account @jonmalexander
FollowingFollowing @jonmalexander
More

NC State target Keldon Johnson said he hopes to announce where he's heading next week.
apackfan69
Dunlow66 said:

pack1502 said:

Seeing buzz that keldon Johnson has cooled on UK and we have a shot again. Any truth to this?
I think Maryland may be the team to benefit if UK is fading. There were strong rumors that he almost committed to Maryland about a month ago. Will do some research and see what I can find.
Not understanding why we seem to be trailing so far behind now. Didn't he just see we had a freshman PG drafted in the top 10 of the NBA last year? Plus, his family wanting him to stay close so they can see him play. Seems we may be getting outbidded here.
Dunlow66
This is the one we were talking about in Chat the other day.......what, you dont have Premium and didnt get the scoop?......#Getinside

Trey McGowens 3rd @Trey5mac_
FollowingFollowing @Trey5mac_
More

Blessed to receive an offer from NC State #goWolfpack
wolfpackfan00
Dunlow66
wolfpackfan00 said:

The more the merrier!!!
Dunlow66
NextUpRecruits @NextUpRecruits 2h2 hours ago
More

2018 6'4 G Tavin Lovan of Hargrave Military Academy is on unofficial visit to NC State today.
nryanh94
Ian steere just hurt his knee, not sure how badly. But he's been down for a few minutes
NatePait94
terrible news. please keep us updated.
We're all Red on the inside. Some of us are just Blue in the face, and they're sick.
nryanh94
Had to be helped off the court by the staff, didn't return to the game. Looked like he couldn't put pressure on his leg.
NatePait94
Hate to hear that. That is a big loss. Hope it isn't terribly serious and he will make a speedy recovery!
We're all Red on the inside. Some of us are just Blue in the face, and they're sick.
dogplasma
wolfpackfan00 said:

Aren't we out of scholarships by now? Lol

(Yes, that's a 2019 recruit. Just amazed at the seemingly endless commit parade.)
Pack31
Any news from Wendell Moore visiting yesterday?
Bulldogwolf27
As now we would have 2 open scholarships in 2019 if everything goes as stays quo. Kirk and Dorn would be our two seniors.
TheWhiteWolf
TheWhiteWolf
Not sure what happened with my message above but Keldon Johnson says he is "95%" certain he knows where he wants to go

http://usatodayhss.com/2017/five-star-wing-keldon-johnson-is-95-percent-sure-on-his-college-decision-kentucky-maryland-john-calipari-mark-turgeon
WolfpackSI
My guess is Kentucky..Just a pattern I see with kids in the past few years. Kentucky usually always wins these 50/50 battles.
twentytoe
Maybe I'm wrong, but I still think we have a shot. If dad has his way he'll be wearing wolfpack red!
Dunlow66
twentytoe said:

Maybe I'm wrong, but I still think we have a shot. If dad has his way he'll be wearing wolfpack red!
Maryland guys think Dad want the Terps but KJ wants Kentucky

Lets just have a compromise and go with NCSU .
Dunlow66
WolfpackSI said:

My guess is Kentucky..Just a pattern I see with kids in the past few years. Kentucky usually always wins these 50/50 battles.
A lot of current rumors have the young man wanted to go to UK, but Dad and others in the family want him closer to home.

In all honesty, this is very similar, IMO, to the Bam Adebayo recruitment. Bam's people wanted NC State, Bam wanted UK...then ended up at a prep school that pushed(IMO) the UK angle for personal prestige. Eventually, those in Bam's camp agreed to UK...but there really was no father in this one, just Mom and an advisor(Peartree). Keldon's dad does have a strong 'say' here.
twentytoe
That's what I was basing my opinion on(Dad).
Bulldogwolf27
Zagsblog reports Keldon may wait until spring to sign
Dunlow66
Jaywolf27 said:

Zagsblog reports Keldon may wait until spring to sign
Dad is trying to get him to wait. KJ wants to commit to Kentucky but Dad wants to know more about who will be on the roster and if Keldon will have any shot at being 'featured.

If it were to end right now, UK would get him, IMO.
sf59
Any update on Ian Steere's knee?
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
—Jack Handey
First Page Last Page
Page 32 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.