Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,197,934 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by SM1987
Bulldogwolf27
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Did his brother transfer?
CLTWolf
Jaywolf27 said:

Did his brother transfer?

Nebraska
*Wolfpack Baseball - 2021 *NCAA COLLEGE WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!
*Congrats to the 10 win 2021 Wolfpack football team!
Packfan8
Dunlow66 said:

Packfan8 said:

Doubt we would have a chance but I would expect keatts to reach out
Seems like Pitt would be involved.
probably more like Nebraska that's where trey transferred
Dunlow66
Packfan8 said:

Dunlow66 said:

Packfan8 said:

Didnt even know his bro had transfered. Seems like Pitt gave him the ball and an opportunity to be a starting PG in the ACC. Guess that wasnt enough.
WolfpackSI
Dunlow66 said:

Packfan8 said:

Dunlow66 said:

Packfan8 said:

Didnt even know his bro had transfered. Seems like Pitt gave him the ball and an opportunity to be a starting PG in the ACC. Guess that wasnt enough.

Ya I completely missed that too. Surprising, Capel gave him the keys to the car starting his freshman year. Dont know what else you would really want. All accounts are that Capel is a really good coach
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
Dunlow66
WolfpackSI said:

Dunlow66 said:

Packfan8 said:

Dunlow66 said:

Packfan8 said:

Ya I completely missed that too. Surprising, Capel gave him the keys to the car starting his freshman year. Dont know what else you would really want. All accounts are that Capel is a really good coach
A little reading on the transfer. Looks like McGowens wanted to run the PG position instead of the combo guard spot he was playing last year. Pitt had Xavier Johnson as the primary point guard and McGowen wasnt good enough to take the spot from him. Johnson was the better player last year.
Dunlow66
Dunlow66
There was some interest in local produce Lucas Taylor. He has committed to Clemson.
PackDaddy
Dunlow66 said:

Whoever put that video together did a great job
Packfan8
PackDaddy
I will say that Keatts leaves no stone unturned. He's a hard worker for sure
Packfan8

Could be big news, I mean most of these guys are getting waivers already but the flood gates could open
Packfan8
Dunlow66
Packfan8 said:

Could be big news, I mean most of these guys are getting waivers already but the flood gates could open
I think it is fair.
Coachs can move from one job to another and they make their money from the players. Players should be given a penalty free chance to move on just like any other college student.

But one penalty free transfer is enough.

Now maybe they will end this Post Grad nonsense.
wufpack7
While I think it's probably the right and fair thing to do, I personally think it will be bad for the sport, which will ultimately make it bad for the players overall. IMO this will basically allow the big schools to tell players "we can't take you now, but go show us what you've got and we'll bring you in later" after their 'tryout' year. I guess they could have done that already, but the not having to sit for a year makes the process much more appealing for both the player and the big school. Basically a minor league system where the minor league teams have to actually try to compete with the major league teams. My guess is that fan support will drop way off for all but the biggest of schools once the transfer carousel kicks into overdrive.
Packfan8
wufpack7 said:

While I think it's probably the right and fair thing to do, I personally think it will be bad for the sport, which will ultimately make it bad for the players overall. IMO this will basically allow the big schools to tell players "we can't take you now, but go show us what you've got and we'll bring you in later" after their 'tryout' year. I guess they could have done that already, but the not having to sit for a year makes the process much more appealing for both the player and the big school. Basically a minor league system where the minor league teams have to actually try to compete with the major league teams. My guess is that fan support will drop way off for all but the biggest of schools once the transfer carousel kicks into overdrive.

First player that comes to mind is Jadun Michael at Elon. He went to Elon mainly because us, Louisville and Virginia didn't offer for 2020 and he wanted to play right away. If he has a solid freshman year I think he jumps to the big schools.
Side note I just looked at Elon's roster and noticed that Tyler Lewis looks like a 40 year old man lol
Packfan8
TheStorm
Packfan8 said:

Who hasn't been able to get a waiver the last couple of years except Gunter? I mean has any big name school been forced to have someone sit?
Packfan8
TheStorm said:

Packfan8 said:

Who hasn't been able to get a waiver the last couple of years except Gunter? I mean has any big name school been forced to have someone sit?

There's a few cases, Alabama had a pg that was denied last year. Seventh woods was denied at usc as well but for the most part everyone has gotten waivers. Hell even Ian Steere got a waiver to play this year at uncw. He's on his third school in 3 years and has yet to sit
Packfan8

Haven't offered yet but could come soon
WolfpackSI
PackDaddy said:

Recruiting seems like its at an all-time high in both football and basketball. I don't remember a time in either sport where we were consistently getting high caliber talent like we are now.
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
Packfan8

Packfan8
Packfan8 said:

Haven't offered yet but could come soon

There it goes
Dunlow66
wufpack7 said:

I think you are WAY overthinking this one.

The postgrad transfers have already done this.

How many kids really stay at Elon or wherever if a big time team comes calling? Even if they have to sit......

not many.
Dunlow66
Packfan8 said:

TheStorm said:

Packfan8 said:

There's a few cases, Alabama had a pg that was denied last year. Seventh woods was denied at usc as well but for the most part everyone has gotten waivers. Hell even Ian Steere got a waiver to play this year at uncw. He's on his third school in 3 years and has yet to sit
He did sit a year

Second semester of his freshman year at NCSU and the first semester of his year at St Johns.
Dunlow66
WolfpackSI said:

PackDaddy said:

Recruiting seems like its at an all-time high in both football and basketball. I don't remember a time in either sport where we were consistently getting high caliber talent like we are now.
Gott always brought in high caliber 'talent'.
Packfan8
Dunlow66 said:

WolfpackSI said:

PackDaddy said:

Talent hasn't really been an issue it's just meshing that talent and egos
pack1502
Dunlow66 said:

WolfpackSI said:

PackDaddy said:

In more ways than one
Dunlow66
@jakeweingarten [url=https://twitter.com/jakeweingarten][/url]
Georgia's Tom Crean and his staff will virtually meet with five-star senior Bryce McGowens this evening, he told
@Stockrisers

LSU's virtual is tomorrow. Iowa State's Steve Prohm gets him on Saturday for a virtual meeting.

UNC also showing interest
Dunlow66
[url=https://twitter.com/novainsider1985][/url]Breaking: NCAA officially approves giving additional year of eligibility to all winter sport athletes according to multiple sources. Also, a proposal expected to pass in January will allow athletes to be granted a penalty-free, 1-time transfer starting in 2021.
Packfan8
Dunlow66 said:

[url=https://twitter.com/novainsider1985][/url]Breaking: NCAA officially approves giving additional year of eligibility to all winter sport athletes according to multiple sources. Also, a proposal expected to pass in January will allow athletes to be granted a penalty-free, 1-time transfer starting in 2021.

Can someone explain how scholarship limits work with this. I don't think any of our seniors stay but still
Dunlow66
Packfan8 said:

Dunlow66 said:

Can someone explain how scholarship limits work with this. I don't think any of our seniors stay but still
No clue.

My guess....The seniors who stick around would be exempt from the scholarship limits. Only those who had exhausted all eligibility. But I honestly dont know.
wufpack7
That's how it is for fall sports like football, but I don't believe they've explicitly said that for winter sports yet. You would think they will, but who knows.
Dunlow66
Jonas Aidoo
@J0nasAid00

8m
Blessed to receive an offer from The University of Kansas!!
Packfan8
Former target Jadun Michael to miss season after shoulder surgery
First Page Last Page
Page 316 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.