Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,198,515 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by SM1987
wufpack7
How long do you want to ignore this user?
So our evil plan for him to go there for a year to take up their scholarship and have them pay for his surgery, and then transfer here to be immediately eligible in the fall of '21 is working perfectly. Excellent.
Packfan8
Will seniors who choose to play another year be eligible to transfer? I would have to think that if they are they should count against the new teams scholarship limit. Could be interesting with recruiting going forward
Dunlow66
Packfan8 said:

Former target Jadun Michael to miss season after shoulder surgery
He shoulda taken our offer to redshirt. Could have done the same thing Manny did.
Dunlow66
Packfan8 said:

Will seniors who choose to play another year be eligible to transfer? I would have to think that if they are they should count against the new teams scholarship limit. Could be interesting with recruiting going forward
I would imagine the extra year could only be used at the current school
Packfan8
Packfan8
Packfan8
Packfan8 said:

Dunlow66
Im not sure we really have a shot with either one of these guys.
TheStorm
Dunlow66 said:

Im not sure we really have a shot with either one of these guys.
We always strike out on anyone named Mustapha...
Packfan8
Dunlow66
Packfan8 said:

NCSU, Louisville, VCU will make it, IMO.

wolfpackjb
As expected, State makes Roosevelt Wheeler's top 5.
nryanh94
wolfpackjb said:

Front and center
wolfpackjb
nryanh94 said:

wolfpackjb said:

Front and center

I noticed that too! It may not necessarily mean anything, but it can't be a bad thing
gopack_83
wolfpackjb said:

Look at the length of those arms
Dunlow66
VCU isnt just there for filler like I think Hampton is.

I could see Wheeler going to VCU. Also think he is very impressed with what Lousiville is doing.
Packfan8
nryanh94
Dunlow66 said:

I could see Wheeler going to VCU. Also think he is very impressed with what Lousiville is doing.

Know you disagree, but I really think we get Wheeler
Packfan8
nryanh94 said:

Dunlow66 said:

Am I the only one who doesn't see a fit for wheeler. I could be wrong but hes more of a back to the basket big. Keatts loves the versatile athletic big but obviously if he does pick us it would be a good get
nryanh94
Packfan8 said:

nryanh94 said:

Dunlow66 said:

Am I the only one who doesn't see a fit for wheeler. I could be wrong but hes more of a back to the basket big. Keatts loves the versatile athletic big but obviously if he does pick us it would be a good get

I mean he's the same as Manny and Ebe and it looks like Keatts wants 3 of those guys at a time potentially.
Dunlow66
nryanh94 said:

Packfan8 said:

nryanh94 said:

Dunlow66 said:

I mean he's the same as Manny and Ebe and it looks like Keatts wants 3 of those guys at a time potentially.
I wonder if having Manny and Ebe on the roster will make it harder to land Wheeler.

Lotta 'Louisville' chatter with Wheeler and VCU is the hometown team which could be more important now that COVID has emerged.
Dunlow66
Aidoo could go straight to Pro Ball.

Packfan8
Wheeler did have surgery and will miss his senior season so schools could start to back off but I guess we'll see. If he were to pick us there could be a possibility that he has to redshirt from this injury but who knows
Dunlow66
Packfan8 said:

Wheeler did have surgery and will miss his senior season so schools could start to back off but I guess we'll see. If he were to pick us their could be a possibility that he has to redshirt from this injury but who knows
Louisville and VCU wont back off.
WolfpackSI
I hope Manny and Ebe doesn't deter. Manny has a lot to work on skill-wise before he's viewed as the established starter at the 5. Ebe also looks very raw. I think Wheeler could come in get some solid minutes.

NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
Dunlow66
WolfpackSI said:

I hope Manny and Ebe doesn't deter. Manny has a lot to work on skill-wise before he's viewed as the established starter at the 5. Ebe also looks very raw. I think Wheeler could come in get some solid minutes.

Manny is an established starter, IMO. He will make BIG strides in his second season. With Wheeler having the knee injury, he may not be ready to get 'solid minutes' as a freshman. Sometimes it takes a year or more to fully recover from knee surgery
Packfan8

Josh hall is getting drafted with these numbers
Packfan8
Wheeler has a future cast to Louisville....
Dunlow66
Eric Bossi:

FOUR-STAR WHEELER CUTS IT TO FIVE
Ranked No. 78 overall in the 247Sports top 150 for the class of 2021 and No. 61 in the industry generated 247Sports Composite, big man Roosevelt Wheeler announced over the weekend that he is down to a final five of Hampton, Louisville, LSU, NC State and VCU.
At 6-foot-10, Wheeler is a big man who protects the rim and has really filled out his frame over the last year. He projects as a potential multiple year starter at the high major level and is just scratching at his potential. Unfortunately, he'll miss his senior year due to a recent injury.
Injuries aren't fun, but Wheeler can take solace in some great options for his collegiate future. I checked in with Ty White who coaches Wheeler at Marshall and runs the Team Loaded summer program that Wheeler has played for and he told me that the plan is for Wheeler to make his decision and sign during the early period.
There is no clear leader here, but the latest intel suggests that this could be a battle between Louisville and NC State.
metcalfmafia
Dunlow66 said:

Eric Bossi:

Ranked No. 78 overall in the 247Sports top 150 for the class of 2021 and No. 61 in the industry generated 247Sports Composite, big man Roosevelt Wheeler announced over the weekend that he is down to a final five of Hampton, Louisville, LSU, NC State and VCU.
At 6-foot-10, Wheeler is a big man who protects the rim and has really filled out his frame over the last year. He projects as a potential multiple year starter at the high major level and is just scratching at his potential. Unfortunately, he'll miss his senior year due to a recent injury.
Injuries aren't fun, but Wheeler can take solace in some great options for his collegiate future. I checked in with Ty White who coaches Wheeler at Marshall and runs the Team Loaded summer program that Wheeler has played for and he told me that the plan is for Wheeler to make his decision and sign during the early period.
There is no clear leader here, but the latest intel suggests that this could be a battle between Louisville and NC State.

Injury situation sounds like Manny.
wolfpackjb
metcalfmafia said:

Dunlow66 said:

Eric Bossi:

I'm hoping he takes some inspiration from Manny. Also, excuse my ignorance but when is the early signing period?
Packfan8
wolfpackjb said:

metcalfmafia said:

Dunlow66 said:

Eric Bossi:

I'm hoping he takes some inspiration from Manny. Also, excuse my ignorance but when is the early signing period?

November 11th-18th so around 2 weeks and we'll find out
wolfpackjb
Thanks Packfan8. My birthday is the 11th...wouldn't be a bad present!
Dunlow66
Louisville getting the late 'heat' as far as rumors go with Wheeler.
Packfan8
Rumors from Louisville insiders is he's signing next week with them. Also his injury is a torn Achilles... not the easiest to recover from
First Page Last Page
Page 317 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.