Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,223,818 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by SM1987
Packfan8
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Jonas Aidoo says he plans to commit in January
ClePack
Wonder where we stand with Deante Green
Dunlow66
ClePack said:

Wonder where we stand with Deante Green
Good right now.
Packfan8
Correct me if I'm wrong but Green plans on committing in the spring. Probably decides on 21 or 22 before committing
Packfan8
Packfan8
I really like this kid. He's definitely going to be a good college player
nryanh94
Packfan8
nryanh94 said:

Safe to say we are in this. Also not too common for a junior to cut his list so signs keep point towards 21
Packfan8
nryanh94 said:

Tomorrow at 5
Packfan8
nryanh94
Packfan8 said:

Don't enjoy seeing UNC on there with no offer
Packfan8
nryanh94 said:

Packfan8 said:

Ehh if we're his dream school like he says then it shouldn't matter
nryanh94
Packfan8 said:

nryanh94 said:

Packfan8 said:

See normally I'd agree with you, but why list them if they have not extended an offer and they aren't your dream school
Packfan8
nryanh94 said:

Packfan8 said:

nryanh94 said:

Packfan8 said:

See normally I'd agree with you, but why list them if they have not extended an offer and they aren't your dream school

A lot of times kids put schools on their list just to show off. Gonzaga hasn't offered yet either but they clearly are recruiting green
Packfan8
Really hope he doesn't think Raleigh is spelled like this.(look at the location tag)
Edit: just realized Ross is private on Instagram so you can't see the post but he spelled Raleigh "Reighly, North Carolina".
Packfan8

From watching him a little in the summer reminds me of Josh Hall. Could be another reclass back to 21 player
1985 NCSU Grad
https://palmettopreps.rivals.com/news/absolute-basketball-fall-league-begins-this-weekend

Match Up of the Week: 7'0" | 2021 |
Jonas Aidoo
7'0"|215 lbs|C
Liberty Heights
Charlotte, NC
vs
Christian Reeves
7'0"|220 lbs|C
Cannon School
Charlotte, NC

8:15 Court 2

We spoke about Aidoo above but the fact he gets to face off against another 7-footer is news in it owns right. Why should people from the state of South Carolina care about a couple of North Carolina footers pairing off? Well, both are being heavily recruited by the University of South Carolina. Aidoo is unique and really jumping off the page right now. Let's jump in on who Reeves is for a little bit: He carries a USF offer already and plays for defending North Carolina state champion Cannon School. He is a length center who can really run and moves well with good hands and touch. College coaches will care about this game, you should too.

turbosyco
we got it 85 :p
FlockaWolf
Thought we had some good news floating around
ge_traveler
FlockaWolf said:

Thought we had some good news floating around

Me too....I saw all the new replies and got excited for a few seconds there
Packfan8

Could make things very interesting. How would scholarship limits work in this case. Football is a little easier to manage but basketball you only get 13. I hope this doesn't impact our recruiting class
nryanh94
Packfan8 said:

Could make things very interesting. How would scholarship limits work in this case. Football is a little easier to manage but basketball you only get 13. I hope this doesn't impact our recruiting class

Well, with DJ and Daniels, I highly doubt they would come back no matter what. Time for them to make money
wufpack7
For fall sports next year, guys who would have exhausted their eligibility this year won't count against the scholarship limit. I assume winter sports would get the same deal. In theory (although I'm not sure ANY of these guys would come back, much less all of them) this year's seniors (Beverly, Funderburk, and Daniels) wouldn't count against the 13, so yes we could have 16 on scholarship in '21-'22 if and only if those 3 came back.

The tricky part with the scholarships is 2 years from now if this comes to pass. Since Allen and Hellems would still technically be juniors NEXT year in this scenario, once we fill our last scholarship this year we'll have 13 guys who could return for the '22-'23 season. We would be full up without taking a freshman that year, and I'm sure we want to take a couple of freshmen.
TriangleDreamer
wufpack7 said:

For fall sports next year, guys who would have exhausted their eligibility this year won't count against the scholarship limit. I assume winter sports would get the same deal. In theory (although I'm not sure ANY of these guys would come back, much less all of them) this year's seniors (Beverly, Funderburk, and Daniels) wouldn't count against the 13, so yes we could have 16 on scholarship in '21-'22 if and only if those 3 came back.

The tricky part with the scholarships is 2 years from now if this comes to pass. Since Allen and Hellems would still technically be juniors NEXT year in this scenario, once we fill our last scholarship this year we'll have 13 guys who could return for the '22-'23 season. We would be full up without taking a freshman that year, and I'm sure we want to take a couple of freshmen.

Of those three, the only one who I could realistically see come back is BB. He loves the game and is not an NBA prospect but could possibly make money overseas... or he could come play another year in college. Could see that one go either way if he has the option.
"High achievement always takes place in the framework of high expectation." ~ Charles Kettering
ClePack
UNC continues to miss on their targets (Houstan left them off his final 4). Hope a Deante green offer isn't coming soon.
nryanh94
ClePack said:

UNC continues to miss on their targets (Houstan left them off his final 4). Hope a Deante green offer isn't coming soon.

A Jonas Aidoo offer will likley come sooner than Green
Packfan8
Dunlow66
Packfan8 said:

We offered in June. Kid is from Suffolk Va
nryanh94
Recent interview I saw with McKneely the kid didn't even mention us
Bulldogwolf27
UK offered. We can't recruit with them yet. I think we can if we stay patient for coach. I think in two years, he can recruit at a higher level than he is now
nryanh94
Jaywolf27 said:

UK offered. We can't recruit with them yet. I think we can if we stay patient for coach. I think in two years, he can recruit at a higher level than he is now

Didn't even mention them, this is from stockrisers:

Which programs would you say are 'heavily' involved?

McKneely: "Programs heavily involved include Indiana, Illinois, WVU, Virginia, Louisville, Ohio State, Purdue, and Xavier."

The next question asked about UNC and UK and he said it's early in the process
Dunlow66
Never felt like we had a shot with that kid anyway......
Packfan8
Oh well I figured he was WVU bound to begin with, rather now than we put so much time and then we get rejected. There are plenty of options available, keatts offered a few shooters in 22 so we should land one
Packfan8

Doubt we would have a chance but I would expect keatts to reach out
Dunlow66
Packfan8 said:

Doubt we would have a chance but I would expect keatts to reach out
Seems like Pitt would be involved.
First Page Last Page
Page 315 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.