Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,214,157 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by SM1987
WolfpackSI
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ok State gets handed down a postseason ban. Is it too late to self-impose? Lol
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
Packfan8
Dunlow66
Packfan8 said:

I hate 'top 8s'

Just tell us the top 5
nryanh94

We offered, didn't make the cut
WolfpackSI
Per Woj, Villanova forward and potential lottery pick Saddiq Bey staying in NBA draft.
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
Packfan8
https://instagram.com/stories/nickafarrar/2327984554449373335?utm_source=ig_story_item_share&igshid=16m79inadfjdi
Dj, Farrar and t smith working out together
PackGM
Dunlow66 said:

Packfan8 said:

I hate 'top 8s'

Just tell us the top 5
I've got a good source on this one and they think a couple schools further west (cant name specifics) may have the upper hand right now. Still pretty open though, hence the top 8. My understanding is State has been kind of on and off with how hard they've been pushing for him and he wants a school who is all in on him. I'd still imagine we make his top 8 but definitely don't get the vibe we're a front runner by any means at least at the time being
Thunderhill
Dunlow66 said:

Packfan8 said:

I hate 'top 8s'

Just tell us the top 5
I agree, just tell us the top 1.
Dunlow66
Dunlow66

Acb0110
Reminds me of Lennard Freeman a little.
Dennis Smith III

Dunlow66
Dennis Smith III said:

Still think it will be Louisville

We never had a chance
Packfan8
Dennis Smith III said:

He wasn't interested in state from the beginning. I also think the staff is now focusing on true wings/wheeler.
Dunlow66
I'd keep a close eye on Quincy Allen. I think he may just be our top target right now
Packfan8
Jaden Bradley is transferring to img. We haven't offered but keatts has a good relationship with coach Myers who coached seabron
Packfan8
Dunlow66 said:

I'd keep a close eye on Quincy Allen. I think he may just be our top target right now

I love Allen's game I hope we can stay at the top of his list
Dunlow66
Packfan8 said:

Jaden Bradley is transferring to img. We haven't offered but keatts has a good relationship with coach Myers who coached seabron
I think Bradley goes elsewhere.
nryanh94
Dunlow66 said:

I don't feel confident with Allen, he seems enamored with Michigan.

It's strange, after we offered him and he visited, I had heard from a few people who would know that he loved Keatts and was very high in us.

Then his interest seemed to die off, didn't mention us in interviews, etc.

Now it's come back full circle and we are a perceived leader, I'm just curious to see if the new shiny Michigan offer wins out.'
Dunlow66
nryanh94 said:

Dunlow66 said:

I don't feel confident with Allen, he seems enamored with Michigan.

It's strange, after we offered him and he visited, I had heard from a few people who would know that he loved Keatts and was very high in us.

Then his interest seemed to die off, didn't mention us in interviews, etc.

Now it's come back full circle and we are a perceived leader, I'm just curious to see if the new shiny Michigan offer wins out.'
IDK...but Jace Howard will be at Michigan this year and also plays SF. Michigan is also recruiting several other 5 star SFs
Dunlow66
Latest rumor on Michael James has Texas A&M and NC State standing out.
Packfan8
Dunlow66 said:

Latest rumor on Michael James has Texas A&M and NC State standing out.

So is the staff mainly focusing on Allen and James
Packfan8
To me I prefer Allen over James mainly for the 3 point shooting but Michael James shot 41% from 3 this season but was a lot more selective with his shot selection making just 19 in 30 games
Dunlow66
Packfan8 said:

To me I prefer Allen over James mainly for the 3 point shooting but Michael James shot 41% from 3 this season but was a lot more selective with his shot selection making just 19 in 30 games
James has a ways to go on his outside shot.

He is a power wing, slasher type....not really a good shooter.
Packfan8

Weeks ago Allen said he would cut his list in June/july now he's saying after summer. Maybe he's hoping for more offers. Also he left Michigan off of the schools recruiting him hard so hopefully that's a good sign for us
Packfan8
Packfan8
Packfan8

When you call just after midnight on the first day coaches can contact 2022 kids it means they will likely be big targets for us
nryanh94
nryanh94
nryanh94

The one name I'll be interested to see if we pursue: Dasean Lecque
Packfan8
nryanh94 said:

The one name I'll be interested to see if we pursue: Dasean Lecque

Boston college offered a few days ago
Packfan8
nryanh94
I guess I'll take a crack at a 2021 and 2022 Prospect Board:

2021:
1. Quincy Allen - Wing out of DC, Top 50 type recruit. We consistently continue to be mentioned in top schools, other schools of note: Louisville, Colorado, Georgetown, Michigan
2. Michael James - Wing out of Florida, Top 100 kid; Dunlow has stated Us and Texas A&M are his top 2 with A&M holding the edge
3. Roosevelt Wheeler - C out of VA, top 50 kid; Believe the contenders are State, KU, UofL, Memphis, Georgetown, and VCU - Corey Evans currently projects him to us, and doesn't believe he will go far from home. If that holds true, you almost have to believe it come down to State, Georgetown and VCU

* Other names to note, but believe they are a long shot: Matthew Cleveland, Efton Reid
** Note El Ellis has recently eliminated us, it is believed Breon Pass may not have a committable offer, please don't ask about Carter Whitt or I might spontaneously combust

2022: I have no idea of priority or where we stand with kids, so I will just list offers and kids we've reached out to:
1. MJ Rice; from Durham but has moved to Oak Hill; MCDAA caliber kid; notably grew up a Duke fan, a lot of schools have held off offering due to ACL tear (I believe) but Keatts offered, maybe it pays off
2. De'ante Green ; PF out of Arden, NC (same HS Lecque went to); we offered in March and honestly I think if we pushed we could land this kid (the question is will we) since his offer we have picked up commits fro, Ernest Ross and Jaylon Gibson, so will be interesting to follow.
3. Jayden Epps: PG out of Suffolk, VA; Top 50 recruit; Likley a national level recruit, has offers from State, Arkansas, Florida, Maryland, Ole Miss, PSU, Providence, Texas A&M, and VT
* As far as I am aware, the 3 above are the only offers for 2022; the names below are all kids we have reportedly reached out to, but as of yet have not offered

- Noah Clowney: C/PF out of Dorman, SC: Has interest from State, TTU, Auburn, Virginia Tech and Clemson
- Mason Manning: PG out of Pennsylvania; Rivals has him ranked 122; offered by MD, Baylor, LSU, Ole Miss, interest from GT, State, FSU, Ohio St, VT among others
- Brandon White - C out of North Rowan; offers from VT and WKU; State, Wake, Clemson, and Ole Miss have all reached out
- Justin Taylor - Wing out of Charlottesville; Rivals has him 53rd in the nation; VT has offered; interest from State, UVa, MD, and UGA
- Chris Watson - PG out of St. Johns College in DC; offer from Xavier; other schools to reach out: State, Georgia, Wake, Clemson, VT and VCU
- Avion Pinner - wing out of Williamston, NC; has heard from State, VCU, UNCG
Jordyn Surrat: another kid out of Dorman, SC (Wing); heard from State, Florida, Georgia, VT
- Tre Donaldson - PG out of FL - interest from Florida, Wake, Ole Miss, Iowa State, FSU, Georgetown and State. Interesting also has P5 football offers/interest
- Donald Hand: CG out of VA; heard from State, VCU, Clemson, OSU And UGA. (Note, his dad played for UVA)
- Larry Hughes II; CG out of St. Louis; offer from St. Louis (he is a legacy, his father NBA vet Larry Hughes played there); interest from State, UNC and Iowa

* As I mentioned in a previous post, it will be interesting if we pursue Dasean Lecque, the younger brother of Jalen, his is a PG out of Phoenix. Currently a top 75 kid. Boston College recently offered
** Obviously subject to change but as of now we will have 3 scholarships for 2022, so likely a PG, wing and center taken (unless we take Roosevelt wheeler this year, then I could see 2 wings)
*** interestingly if we need a PG the better class may be 2023, as NC is stacked with elite talent that year at the PG position: Robert Dillingham, Aden Holloway, Jaylen Curry, Trey Green and my personal favorite Treymane Parker; interestingly, aside from Parker all of these kids are from the Charlotte area. To my knowledge the only 2023 offer as of yet is Mekhi Grant who is Robert Dillingham's teammate at Combine Academy

Packfan8
The staff seems to be reaching out to a lot of 2022 kids. We'll see who he offers in the coming days
First Page Last Page
Page 302 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.