Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,221,492 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by SM1987
NatePait94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Per Evan Daniels, Marvin Bagley has officially filed paperwork to reclassify.

Per Scout,
Bagley took an official visit to last weekend to Duke and followed it with an official visit to USC on Wednesday. Bagley also currently has visits scheduled to Arizona and UCLA.
Dunlow66
NatePait94 said:

Per Scout,
Bagley took an official visit to last weekend to Duke and followed it with an official visit to USC on Wednesday. Bagley also currently has visits scheduled to Arizona and UCLA.
I know everyone is thinking Duke on this one, but Bagley just doesnt seem like a Duke kid, IMO. Coach K has really changed in the last few years, trying to keep up with Cal at UK.

I could see any of those other programs land Bagley. JMO
Dunlow66
If I had to chose between a proven commodity like Braxton Beverly(did it at Hargrave and on the AAU circuit) over a 'potential' breakout player like Jamie Lewis...........I take Beverly every time.

This kid is a Little General. He will become a BIG TIME fan favorite at NC State. Love this addition, especially since he can come in '17.

Pressure defense/turnovers/fastbreaks will be our calling card, but Beverly can run the half court sets better, IMO, than anyone currently on the roster. This is a big pickup for '17
Glasswolf
I'd expect Sean Miller to lock this one up. Outside shot to UCLA
Payton Wilson on what he thought of Carter Finley: Drunk Crazy Crowded

NatePait94
Glasswolf said:

I'd expect Sean Miller to lock this one up. Outside shot to UCLA

Who in their right mind would want to play in the Ball circus at UCLA?
We're all Red on the inside. Some of us are just Blue in the face, and they're sick.
Dunlow66
Corey Evans @coreyevans_10
Following
More

Cuonzo Martin, NC State, Iowa, Vandy, Florida, NC State, Arkansas, Michigan, KState on hand for 2018 Brad Beal wing Jericole Hellems
NatePait94
Dunlow66 said:

Following
More

Cuonzo Martin, NC State, Iowa, Vandy, Florida, NC State, Arkansas, Michigan, KState on hand for 2018 Brad Beal wing Jericole Hellems

Here is some of his on-court work. He looks great.
"Big week at Peach Jam"
Averaged 28 pts 9 rbs
We're all Red on the inside. Some of us are just Blue in the face, and they're sick.
bigbadwolf6
Love the addition of Beverly. Those kids give other teams fits.
Bell Tower Grey
NatePait94 said:

Dunlow66 said:

Following
More

Here is some of his on-court work. He looks great.
"Big week at Peach Jam"
Averaged 28 pts 9 rbs

Is this a young man we realistically have a shot at for a one or two and done?
NatePait94
Hellems was not even a top-100 recruit until his recent stint at Peach Jam. I believe we extended him an offer before Peach Jam. If that is the case, then we definitely have a better shot than some of the other schools. It is way too soon to say that this kid will be a one and done. Not even sure that is part of his thinking process.
Edit- We offered on July 18. Frank Martin extended an offer the same day.
Indiana Offered back in January.
Danny Manning w/ WF offered July 15
Florida State offered July 17.
Before Peach jam Hellems had 5 offers. He left the jam with 20.
WOLFDAC
I'm aboard....when I know something new I'll share....let the Good Times Roll and Go Pack!!!
WOLFDAC
Dunlow66 said:

If I had to chose between a proven commodity like Braxton Beverly(did it at Hargrave and on the AAU circuit) over a 'potential' breakout player like Jamie Lewis...........I take Beverly every time.

This kid is a Little General. He will become a BIG TIME fan favorite at NC State. Love this addition, especially since he can come in '17.

Pressure defense/turnovers/fastbreaks will be our calling card, but Beverly can run the half court sets better, IMO, than anyone currently on the roster. This is a big pickup for '17
I agree, glad to have this kid in the Red and White.
Bulldogwolf27
DAC glad to have you here. You always have great intel. I look forward to any news you have!
Dunlow66
WOLFDAC said:

I'm aboard....when I know something new I'll share....let the Good Times Roll and Go Pack!!!
Bout time brother........site keeps getting better and better.
Dunlow66
NatePait94 said:

Hellems was not even a top-100 recruit until his recent stint at Peach Jam. I believe we extended him an offer before Peach Jam. If that is the case, then we definitely have a better shot than some of the other schools. It is way too soon to say that this kid will be a one and done. Not even sure that is part of his thinking process.
Edit- We offered on July 18. Frank Martin extended an offer the same day.
Indiana Offered back in January.
Danny Manning w/ WF offered July 15
Florida State offered July 17.
Before Peach jam Hellems had 5 offers. He left the jam with 20.
Hellems destroyed it at Peach Jam. He should jump into the top 75 next time the class is updated. He may have helped himself more than any recruit in July.
Dunlow66
Bacot highlights NBPA Top 100

Armado Bacot 2019 PF.. From Richmond Va. One of my favorite players in this class. Another low post monster from Team Loaded. This kid can do it all on the inside and is a thug on the defensive backboards. About 6'9 but with long arms. Well over 7ft wingspan. I think he would play a lot of 'center' for a team like NC State.

wolverinepack20
Dunlow66 said:

Bacot highlights NBPA Top 100

Armado Bacot 2019 PF.. From Richmond Va. One of my favorite players in this class. Another low post monster from Team Loaded. This kid can do it all on the inside and is a thug on the defensive backboards. About 6'9 but with long arms. Well over 7ft wingspan. I think he would play a lot of 'center' for a team like NC State.

Thanks for the info Dun.

I really like this kid, seems like he would be a great fit for C2K's system.
1985 NCSU Grad
Dunlow66 said:

NatePait94 said:

Per Scout,
I know everyone is thinking Duke on this one, but Bagley just doesnt seem like a Duke kid, IMO. Coach K has really changed in the last few years, trying to keep up with Cal at UK.

Coac K hasn't changed in the past few years It has been an aging proceeprocess over time due to age, family additions and experineces. Also, he does not try to keep up with Cal. The hard part for Bagley is the three schools. It will not be a fast process. It will be interesting to see how it turns out...
NatePait94
1985 NCSU Grad said:

Dunlow66 said:

NatePait94 said:

Per Scout,

Coac K hasn't changed in the past few years It has been an aging proceeprocess over time due to age, family additions and experineces. Also, he does not try to keep up with Cal. The hard part for Bagley is the three schools. It will not be a fast process. It will be interesting to see how it turns out...

How Bagley handles the situation if he gets denied the reclassification will say a lot. Does anyone know what his chances of approval/disapproval are?
Dunlow66
NatePait94
Jairus Hamilton is supposedly going to cut his list at the end of July. Here we are.
Dunlow66
Corey Evans @coreyevans_10 1h1 hour ago
More

Top-75 guard Noah Locke is down to a final eight: Florida, Virginia, Ohio State, Michigan, Kansas, Maryland, Providence & Xavier

We offered recently.
Thunderhill
If it's about State, I'm about it. Dunlow may not quite be Steinbeck, but then who wants to read agronomy novels all the time anyway? Really appreciate your posts Dun, always informative and entertaining. Thank you! PS (greetings from the High Country).
TheStorm
Another thread that's off to a great start. Thanks for the content Dunlow.
Dunlow66
TheStorm said:

Another thread that's off to a great start. Thanks for the content Dunlow.
Glad to see you made it. I know you were treated a bit unfairly over at PP for having an opinion. Your opinions are welcome here. Thanks for stopping by
NatePait94
Dosunmu picked up an offer from USC.
Most still have him fighting for the Illini.
Dunlow66
More 2019 targets

Wendell Moore SF from Charlotte. NC State has been on this kid for years now, staff changeover hasnt stopped our pursuit. Another one of thos Power Wings who thrive under Coach Keatts. Makes up for his height(maybe 6'6 at best) with a 7foot wingspan. Great motor, very solid defender who can guard 1-4 most nights.

Kills in the 'open court' on offense. Good ball mover, likes seeing others score and will make the extra pass. Has a decent outside shot but doenst look for it often enough. Needs some work with his shot 'off the dribble'. Could be a volume scorer, but not quite there yet.

Long wing who fits our system, IMO. His length may be his best asset, but Moore is a tough kid. Could develop into a solid shooter/stud defender at the collegiate level
Dunlow66
NatePait94 said:

Dosunmu picked up an offer from USC.
Most still have him fighting for the Illini.
Nothing I have seen or heard has made me think this kid will leave B1G country unless it is for Kansas
NatePait94
Why would he not want to play in the ACC?
NatePait94
Dunlow66 said:

[url=https://twitter.com/wkuheraldsports]WKU Herald Sports [/url]

@wkuheraldsports
Five-star recruit Mitchell Robinson is no longer on #WKU's campus. He left as soon as yesterday, a source told the Herald.

This is the kid that followed former UNC player Shammond Williams to WKU. Williams resigned a few weeks ago from that position. So a five star recruit is back on the market.

Mitchell has officially been granted a release. Firmly on the market now.
Dunlow66
NatePait94 said:

Dunlow66 said:

[url=https://twitter.com/wkuheraldsports]WKU Herald Sports [/url]

@wkuheraldsports
Five-star recruit Mitchell Robinson is no longer on #WKU's campus. He left as soon as yesterday, a source told the Herald.

This is the kid that followed former UNC player Shammond Williams to WKU. Williams resigned a few weeks ago from that position. So a five star recruit is back on the market.

Mitchell has officially been granted a release. Firmly on the market now.
Still, he was in school, so he will also have to sit out a season if not granted a waiver(and his head coach wasnt fired like Beverly's)

I think he goes pro if he doesnt get the waiver.
Bulldogwolf27
I think Mitchell goes pro. I just don't know where that would be at the moment
Dunlow66
Jaywolf27 said:

I think Mitchell goes pro. I just don't know where that would be at the moment
I'd guess China. Euro teams are already setting their rosters and he is an unproven Hight School player. China would likely offer more money and less comp(that could hurt his draft slot)
Dunlow66
NatePait94 said:

Why would he not want to play in the ACC?
Chicago kids seem to either go B1G, Kansas or maybe a Blue Blood.

Those AAU coaches keep a pretty tight handle on where their kids go and I keep hearing that Ayo will go to Illinios unless Kansas makes a big push.
Dunlow66
Thought it would be nice to have this pinned at the top of the fourms.......agree? disagree?

Remember, it is your forum and we want to make it better.
First Page Last Page
Page 3 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.