Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,234,139 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by SM1987
cowboypack02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
MainePack79 said:

Dunlow, thanks for your insights. I'm just excited to see a team that is willing to play defense.
Wait.....they play defense in basketball? Just kidding! I'm looking to see the effort this team puts out on the floor every night.
Dunlow66
cowboypack02 said:

MainePack79 said:

Dunlow, thanks for your insights. I'm just excited to see a team that is willing to play defense.
Wait.....they play defense in basketball? Just kidding! I'm looking to see the effort this team puts out on the floor every night.
I thiink you will be impressed with what Markell and Lavar Batts do with 'on ball' pressure and cheating in the passing lanes for steals.
NatePait94
Thank you all for the insight. I look forward to reading future updates and possibly providing personal feedback. Go WPN!
CedarMaronite
Same
Dun is fun!
5452wolf
Jer 2017
ClePack
SO both Dun and Maronite have talked about Jamie Lewis and injuries, which I have heard nothing about. What exactly happened to him? Is he unable to play right now? We talking ACL injury? I can't find anything online. I was wondering how bad it is.
Dunlow66
ClePack said:

SO both Dun and Maronite have talked about Jamie Lewis and injuries, which I have heard nothing about. What exactly happened to him? Is he unable to play right now? We talking ACL injury? I can't find anything online. I was wondering how bad it is.
on top of injuries, he also just transfered to a HS in Las Vegas. Was attending in Atlanta. Not sure if Coach Keatts has connections to Findlay Prep, but I imagine he would prefer Lewis at a closer prep school. JMO

as for injuries, he has battled several over the last couple of years. Cant stay on the court
CedarMaronite
I don't think Lewis has anything of a major injury, I believe it is more like ankle sprains over And over
He has dropped big time in rankings due to that BC he hasn't played
But I still like him and he reminds me of like a Irving at duke
If he was not injured he would easily imo be a top 25 espn player
If I were him I would redshirt or something like that

And personally I'm not worried about him decommiting I think he is firm

But watch him decomit right now lol
He has also said over and over that ncsu is the right fit for him and he picked us over offers from Baylor Kansas wake. Florida, Virginia, and Texas among others

Rankings doesn't matter and Lewis will prove me right but 247 had him one time as 33 and espn had him at 44
While he was injured also
Dunlow66
Saddiq Bey......one to watch according to Hendu. Nice article on Premium

https://insidepacksports.com/s/65/bey-im-a-priority-for-them
ClePack
CedarMaronite said:

I don't think Lewis has anything of a major injury, I believe it is more like ankle sprains over And over
He has dropped big time in rankings due to that BC he hasn't played
But I still like him and he reminds me of like a Irving at duke
If he was not injured he would easily imo be a top 25 espn player
If I were him I would redshirt or something like that

And personally I'm not worried about him decommiting I think he is firm

But watch him decomit right now lol
He has also said over and over that ncsu is the right fit for him and he picked us over offers from Baylor Kansas wake. Florida, Virginia, and Texas among others

Rankings doesn't matter and Lewis will prove me right but 247 had him one time as 33 and espn had him at 44
While he was injured also
Awesome info. thanks for letting me know. I really hope he can rehab up and return to his old self.
CedarMaronite
https://twitter.com/InsidePackSport/status/890619769065537536/photo/1

This is duns work

He reminds me of Kirk imo but little better Kirk way more atheltic
Dunlow66

Might be a good idea to avoid linking to sites like PP or similar ones
Dunlow66
Mac Irvin Fire @TheMacIrvinFire 43m43 minutes ago
More

#MacIrvinFire 6'5 PG Ayo Dosunmu just put on a Show. He had 27pts 7ast against E1T1.
CedarMaronite
Ok I'm sorry I didn't know I couldn't do that
I will stop
Sorry, intention good no harm meant
Dunlow66
Maybe a good time to start looking as some '2019' potential NCSU recruiting targets

PG Ashton Hagans - Originally from Ga, now at Oak Hill. Bigger PG at around 6'3. Nice body. Good defender. Very stout 'on ball' defender who can outmuscle other PGs. Would excell, IMO, in Coach Keatts style of pressure defense. Very good distrubtor, one of the best on the Adidias AAU circuit.

Not the best shooter and sometimes tries to do too much. Can have problems with turnovers. Reminds me a bit of Zo Brown. Really needs to get his deep jumper to a more consistent level.
Dunlow66
SG/SF Joey Baker - From Fayettville and played with DSJ at Trinity. One of my favorite players in the class and he should stay at the 5star level, IMO. Another player who would THRIVE in Coach Keatts system. Can pull bigger defenders away from the rim and punish smaller defenders with his strenght/athleticism on the inside. Doesnt have many off nights. Always puts up numbers against every level of competition. Solid in all areas of offense. Deep 3 range, solid pull up jumper, good ball handler with the footwork to match. Moves without the ball, makes the extra pass, can finish with authority.

Defense is not at the same level, but he is strong enough and athletic enough to get by..

IMO, he would be the prototypical Keatts PF/SF. I could see Joey Baker as an All ACC player. He is everything you would want to play a 4 out, 1 in system, IMO.
Glasswolf

Don't post premium info from PP or the wolfpacker. That's always been a no - no
Payton Wilson on what he thought of Carter Finley: Drunk Crazy Crowded

Dunlow66
Dunlow66 said:

SG/SF Joey Baker - From Fayettville and played with DSJ at Trinity. One of my favorite players in the class and he should stay at the 5star level, IMO. Another player who would THRIVE in Coach Keatts system. Can pull bigger defenders away from the rim and punish smaller defenders with his strenght/athleticism on the inside. Doesnt have many off nights. Always puts up numbers against every level of competition. Solid in all areas of offense. Deep 3 range, solid pull up jumper, good ball handler with the footwork to match. Moves without the ball, makes the extra pass, can finish with authority.

Defense is not at the same level, but he is strong enough and athletic enough to get by..

IMO, he would be the prototypical Keatts PF/SF. I could see Joey Baker as an All ACC player. He is everything you would want to play a 4 out, 1 in system, IMO.
Just wanted to add that Coach Keatts is making Baker a top priority has been watching him in person.
CedarMaronite
Sorry I didn't know
Mr dun also told me and I'll stop
Sorry

Am i allowed to post non premium and tweets on here ?
CedarMaronite
Hearing that if baker heads out of state it will be Louisville and if he stays in state NCsu is fav
Dunlow66
CedarMaronite said:

Sorry I didn't know
Mr dun also told me and I'll stop
Sorry

Am i allowed to post non premium and tweets on here ?
Yes you can.
Bell Tower Grey
Dunlow66 said:

Two seperate rumors that Braxton Beverly is still a target for '17 and it looks like we have a really good shot. Also some talk about Western Kentucky. This one could see some movement very soon

We$tern Kentucky...look$ like $tan$bury doesn't want to be the third wheel behind UK and Louisville.
DurtyD
Welcome Braxton to the Pack!

BRAXTON BEVERLY JOINS THE PACK
wolfpackfan00
Braxton Beverly has signed with NC State.
Dunlow66
wolfpackfan00 said:

Braxton Beverly has signed with NC State.
ClePack
CedarMaronite said:

Hearing that if baker heads out of state it will be Louisville and if he stays in state NCsu is fav
interesting. All I have heard about this kid is that he was a huge UNC fan/lean. But, I thought that about J hamilton, too.
NatePait94
ClePack said:

CedarMaronite said:

interesting. All I have heard about this kid is that he was a huge UNC fan/lean. But, I thought that about J hamilton, too.

It is always interesting to see how a kids fandom of a team plays into his decision making. Hopefully our coach can form relationships with homegrown talent, that may be a tarhole or dook fan, and sway them. I know it's possible. I'd like to think that an intelligent individual would choose a school not based on their childhood dreams but idk.

Edit: BUT then again, these kids coming out of high school have been watching Roy and K their whole lives. There is the stable horse factor.
CedarMaronite
https://georgiatech.rivals.com/news/four-star-joey-baker-discusses-acc-schools-in-pursuit-of-him

This one is not premium
He likes unc a lot obviously but is not happy they r over recruiting him for example with Zion
wolfpackfan00
CedarMaronite said:

https://georgiatech.rivals.com/news/four-star-joey-baker-discusses-acc-schools-in-pursuit-of-him

This one is not premium
He likes unc a lot obviously but is not happy they r over recruiting him for example with Zion

Zion is class of 2018. Baker is class of 2019. Zion is a guaranteed one and done. UNC isn't over recruiting Baker with Zion.
Dunlow66
wolfpackfan00 said:

CedarMaronite said:

This one is not premium

Zion is class of 2018. Baker is class of 2019. Zion is a guaranteed one and done. UNC isn't over recruiting Baker with Zion.
Zion likely goes to UK, as of right now.

I dont hear much buzz with us on him at this time, but man, that kid can BALL.
cowboypack02
DurtyD said:

Great News!!!
steveAKAslick
cowboypack02 said:

DurtyD said:

Great News!!!

Any truth to the rumor that Beverly was signed because Markell isn't gonna be academically eligible?
robertmee
steveAKAslick said:

cowboypack02 said:

DurtyD said:

Great News!!!

Any truth to the rumor that Beverly was signed because Markell isn't gonna be academically eligible?
Keatts said Markell is doing well in summer and will be travelling with the team to Italy...FWIW
Glasswolf
steveAKAslick said:

cowboypack02 said:

DurtyD said:

Great News!!!

All signs point to MJ being good to go.
Payton Wilson on what he thought of Carter Finley: Drunk Crazy Crowded

Dunlow66
[url=https://twitter.com/wkuheraldsports]WKU Herald Sports [/url]

@wkuheraldsports
Five-star recruit Mitchell Robinson is no longer on #WKU's campus. He left as soon as yesterday, a source told the Herald.

This is the kid that followed former UNC player Shammond Williams to WKU. Williams resigned a few weeks ago from that position. So a five star recruit is back on the market.
Last Page
Page 2 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.