Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,224,666 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by SM1987
Acb0110
How long do you want to ignore this user?
wufpack7 said:

Nothing shocks me anymore, but Daniels leaving would definitely surprise me. You would have a strong argument that he was our best player the last half of the season, and he would be the frontrunner to be the best player on the team next season (assuming Josh Hall has the typical freshman learning curve). Of the 5 guys who played and can return, Daniels would probably surprise me the most if he left.

I disagree. He will graduate this year and may not want to come back to school, or could grad transfer. Also, DJ was and is our best player, by far.
oceanclub
Need to build a NCSU family. Proud to have the opportunity to play for, proud to play for, and proud to have played for!
RDUwolfpack
Acb0110 said:

wufpack7 said:

Nothing shocks me anymore, but Daniels leaving would definitely surprise me. You would have a strong argument that he was our best player the last half of the season, and he would be the frontrunner to be the best player on the team next season (assuming Josh Hall has the typical freshman learning curve). Of the 5 guys who played and can return, Daniels would probably surprise me the most if he left.

I disagree. He will graduate this year and may not want to come back to school, or could grad transfer. Also, DJ was and is our best player, by far.

I don't think Daniels is gone. Most kids that transfer don't transfer twice.
Packfan8
Probably wouldn't hurt to get Julius Hodge on the staff, especially for Wertz
TriangleDreamer
RDUwolfpack said:

Ian Steere: "Hold my beer."
"High achievement always takes place in the framework of high expectation." ~ Charles Kettering
TriangleDreamer
TriangleDreamer said:

RDUwolfpack said:

Ian Steere: "Hold my beer."

And Blake Harris says back to Steere "I got you, bro."
"High achievement always takes place in the framework of high expectation." ~ Charles Kettering
CLTWolf
Packfan8 said:

Probably wouldn't hurt to get Julius Hodge on the staff, especially for Wertz
no thx
WolfpackSI
RDUwolfpack said:

Acb0110 said:

wufpack7 said:

There are a ton of examples of kids transferring twice.

However, atleast from the outside, I will say that DD seems like a team guy and I could definitely see him embracing a leadership role here next season. I would be incredibly disappointed if DD is the guy thats leaving. But honestly, nothing surprises me anymore and I'm prepared for anyone to leave.
Dunlow66
WolfpackSI said:

RDUwolfpack said:

Acb0110 said:

wufpack7 said:

However, atleast from the outside, I will say that DD seems like a team guy and I could definitely see him embracing a leadership role here next season. I would be incredibly disappointed if DD is the guy thats leaving. But honestly, nothing surprises me anymore and I'm prepared for anyone to leave.
Daniels would probably be our 'go to' scorer next season if he continues to play like he did at the end of the year. I dont think he leaves.
WolfpackSI
Quote:

. I dont think he leaves.

Thats what I like to hear lol
Dunlow66
Not such a 'big miss' afterall....one year at 9 ppg and then gone.

@jakeweingarten

Florida State's Patrick Williams just declared for the 2020 NBA Draft. Averaged nine points per game for the Seminoles, major upside prospect. Could be one of the steals in this draft.
RDUwolfpack
WolfpackSI said:

RDUwolfpack said:

Acb0110 said:

wufpack7 said:

I said "Most kids that transfer don't transfer twice."

"Most kids"

I didn't say "No players transfer twice."
WolfpackSI
RDUwolfpack said:

WolfpackSI said:

RDUwolfpack said:

Acb0110 said:

wufpack7 said:

"Most kids"

Yes, >50% of kids that transfer once don't transfer twice. If you wanna get that technical, >50% that play college basketball don' transfer at all so maybe we shouldn't have this discussion to begin with.
CLTWolf
There are 4,511 scholarship basketball players in D1. 694 kids transferred in 2109, around 15%. Comes out to about 2 players per team leave on average. These are the NCAAs own numbers and they say that's held steady over the last 4 years.
TheStorm
Dunlow66 said:

Not such a 'big miss' afterall....one year at 9 ppg and then gone.

@jakeweingarten

Florida State's Patrick Williams just declared for the 2020 NBA Draft. Averaged nine points per game for the Seminoles, major upside prospect. Could be one of the steals in this draft.
LOL... and as a Freshman we probably would have played him "only when necessary" if he had come here... must be nice!
TheStorm
CLTWolf said:

There are 4,511 scholarship basketball players in D1. 694 kids transferred in 2109, around 15%. Comes out to about 2 players per team leave on average. These are the NCAAs own numbers and they say that's held steady over the last 4 years.
And those that transfer twice (for inquiring minds)?
RDUwolfpack
WolfpackSI said:

RDUwolfpack said:

WolfpackSI said:

RDUwolfpack said:

Acb0110 said:

wufpack7 said:

"Most kids"

Yes, >50% of kids that transfer once don't transfer twice. If you wanna get that technical, >50% that play college basketball don' transfer at all so maybe we shouldn't have this discussion to begin with.

Yeah we can. We're talking about Daniels. I don't think he'd transfer because he already has once. And it's rare that happens.

I'm not saying he ABSOLUTELY won't. Just saying I'd be surprised.

Ian Steere/Blake Harris types are rare. Kids don't wanna pop around 3 different schools typically. I think he stays.
CLTWolf
TheStorm said:

CLTWolf said:

And those that transfer twice (for inquiring minds)?
I'd love to mine that data but I don't think it's listed anywhere that would be easy for me to find. I could go through all of the transfers listed in the Verbal Commits listing and get some rough estimates but that would take some time. Time that I don't know I want to commit lol.
Dunlow66
Dennis Smith III said:

Another NC kid, played for Word of God. We don't really have a true PG type on the roster right now and he would definitely fit the bill - not much of a shooter but averaged 5.6 assists to 1.9 turnovers in 18-19

@JonRothstein

Arkansas grad transfer Jalen Harris tells me he's receiving interest from the following programs:

Wake Forest
Missouri
East Carolina
Cincinnati
Temple
Seton Hall
Georgetown
Hofstra
Louisiana Lafayette
nryanh94
metcalfmafia
nryanh94 said:

Expected and all players should get feedback.
TheStorm
^ Agree completely. Hope people don't jump off the deep end about it (knowing damn well they will).

Neither is ready right now.
Dunlow66
TheStorm said:

^ Agree completely. Hope people don't jump off the deep end about it (knowing damn well they will).

I think this virus has impacted the 'overseas' option for a player like Funderburk. I just dont see him getting drafted right now. Maybe he wants to go G-league...but him leaving wouldnt be a surprise. IMO.
Dunlow66
The high school basketball season ended this year without a public school state champion, as of right now. All of the heard work these players put in over the last year was all worth it up until when the virus started its course around the country and canceled the final weekend of NCHSAA basketball.

We had state champions at the private school level with all classifications and a tournament put on by Phenom Hoops that came up with another state champion from the independent schools.

We still have a good idea of who played the best all season and offer you our take on the All-State team from all-leagues around the state.

https://hoopseen.com/news/general/202003/2020-hoopseen-north-carolina-all-state-team

1st Team All-North Carolina

Tristan Maxwell, North Mecklenburg, G, SR
Josh Hall, Moravian Prep, F, SR
Shakeel Moore, Moravian Prep, G, SR
Cam Hayes, Greensboro Day, G, SR
Jaden Bradley, Cannon School, G, SOPH

2nd Team All-North Carolina

Isaiah Todd, Word of God, F, SR
JaQuantae Harris, Northwood Temple, PG, SOPH
Jackson Threadgill, Davidson Day, G, SR
Justin Wright, Farmville Central, G, SR
Bobby Pettiford, South Granville, G, SR

3rd Team All-North Carolina

Will Felton, Millbrook, F, JR
Dontrez Styles, Kinston, SF, JR
Carter Whitt, Leesville Road, G, JR
Josh Banks, Olympic, G, SR
Trae Benham, Concord First Assembly, G, JR

4th Team All-North Carolina

Zavian McLean, Village Christian, G, SR
D'Marco Dunn, Westover, W, JR
Jamahri Harvey, Moravian Prep, G, SR
Dylan Blake, First Flight, G, SR
Terence Harcum, Granville Central, G, JR

5th Team All-North Carolina

Terquavion Smith, Farmville Central, G, JR
Nate Brafford, Tuscola, W, JR
Djimon Bailey, Greenfield School, G, SR
Bryce Harris, Greensboro Day, W, JR
Samage Teel, Farmville Central, G, SR

6th Team All-North Carolina

DJ Nix, Cannon School, F, SOPH
Trayden Williams, North Mecklenburg, G, SR
Alex Holt, Lexington, F, SR
Ahmil Flowers, Grimsley, G, SR
Keishon Porter, Southwest Edgecombe, G, SR
nryanh94
Dunlow66 said:

The high school basketball season ended this year without a public school state champion, as of right now. All of the heard work these players put in over the last year was all worth it up until when the virus started its course around the country and canceled the final weekend of NCHSAA basketball.

We had state champions at the private school level with all classifications and a tournament put on by Phenom Hoops that came up with another state champion from the independent schools.

We still have a good idea of who played the best all season and offer you our take on the All-State team from all-leagues around the state.

https://hoopseen.com/news/general/202003/2020-hoopseen-north-carolina-all-state-team

1st Team All-North Carolina

Tristan Maxwell, North Mecklenburg, G, SR
Josh Hall, Moravian Prep, F, SR
Shakeel Moore, Moravian Prep, G, SR
Cam Hayes, Greensboro Day, G, SR
Jaden Bradley, Cannon School, G, SOPH

2nd Team All-North Carolina

Isaiah Todd, Word of God, F, SR
JaQuantae Harris, Northwood Temple, PG, SOPH
Jackson Threadgill, Davidson Day, G, SR
Justin Wright, Farmville Central, G, SR
Bobby Pettiford, South Granville, G, SR

3rd Team All-North Carolina

Will Felton, Millbrook, F, JR
Dontrez Styles, Kinston, SF, JR
Carter Whitt, Leesville Road, G, JR
Josh Banks, Olympic, G, SR
Trae Benham, Concord First Assembly, G, JR

4th Team All-North Carolina

Zavian McLean, Village Christian, G, SR
D'Marco Dunn, Westover, W, JR
Jamahri Harvey, Moravian Prep, G, SR
Dylan Blake, First Flight, G, SR
Terence Harcum, Granville Central, G, JR

5th Team All-North Carolina

Terquavion Smith, Farmville Central, G, JR
Nate Brafford, Tuscola, W, JR
Djimon Bailey, Greenfield School, G, SR
Bryce Harris, Greensboro Day, W, JR
Samage Teel, Farmville Central, G, SR

6th Team All-North Carolina

DJ Nix, Cannon School, F, SOPH
Trayden Williams, North Mecklenburg, G, SR
Alex Holt, Lexington, F, SR
Ahmil Flowers, Grimsley, G, SR
Keishon Porter, Southwest Edgecombe, G, SR
Dang, I know NC is talented. But hard to believe no Farrar.
Bulldogwolf27
That is shocking knowing how dominant he was at times. But great to see three of our guys making first team.
ClePack
Dunlow66 said:

TheStorm said:

I think this virus has impacted the 'overseas' option for a player like Funderburk. I just dont see him getting drafted right now. Maybe he wants to go G-league...but him leaving wouldnt be a surprise. IMO.
I've thought funderburk was gone ever since this season started. The virus could be the only thing that keeps him here.
Packfan8

Big news
WolfpackSI
Packfan8 said:

Big news
Shoot, I feel like this is something they could be able to vote on remotely. Its would definitely make the offseason go more smoothly if they are able to get this vote done asap.
Dunlow66
https://phenomhoopreport.com/phenom-players-blog-two-sport-athlete-breon-pass-proud-of-teams-success-and-putting-reidsville-hs-on-the-map/
Wolfblood
Dunlow66 said:

https://phenomhoopreport.com/phenom-players-blog-two-sport-athlete-breon-pass-proud-of-teams-success-and-putting-reidsville-hs-on-the-map/

Thanks for posting Dun. I was confused at the title until I saw he meant basketball. Football has been on the map for many years. Not to brag, but we just won state championship number 21 in 2019. Heh!

I really hope NC State can land this kid in either sport or both. Wolfpack nation would be proud to have him representing the university. High character kid. So sad that he lost his dad at such a young age. That was the first time I had heard him talk about going through that difficult period in his life.

Dun, any thoughts on his potential in basketball following his strong junior season? Seems to have really elevated his game this past season.
Packfan8

6'8" sg from Durham. Averaged 13 points and 5 rebounds per game this year. Is a 39% career 3 point shooter
CLTWolf
Packfan8 said:

6'8" sg from Durham. Averaged 13 points and 5 rebounds per game this year. Is a 39% career 3 point shooter

He's one I thought would enter the portal. He can shoot. Nice player.
nryanh94
Packfan8
Sounds like josh hall will not declare for the draft this year based on his Instagram story
First Page Last Page
Page 277 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.