Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,220,921 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by SM1987
Packamylase
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I wasnt aware that UNC had offered.
nryanh94
Packamylase said:

I wasnt aware that UNC had offered.

They haven't
Dunlow66
Packfan8 said:

Sounds like josh hall will not declare for the draft this year based on his Instagram story
Corona Virus probably helped us with this one.

I think Hall will eventually be an NBA player. Hope we can get 2 years out of him like TJ Warren.
Packfan8
Looking at Trey Wertz highlights he likes to use the floater in the lane.
Packfan8

ClePack
Packfan8 said:

Sounds like josh hall will not declare for the draft this year based on his Instagram story
Oh god yes. What did he post?
WolfpackSI
ClePack said:

Packfan8 said:

Oh god yes. What did he post?

When people ask him if hes going to the draft he says he will but not this year.
WolfpackSI
Are we so sure that Ole Dave will be will allow Breon to play basketball if hes using one of his scholarships? Football coaches aren't known to be very flexible lol
nryanh94
WolfpackSI said:

Are we so sure that Ole Dave will be will allow Breon to play basketball if hes using one of his scholarships? Football coaches aren't known to be very flexible lol

Usually they wouldnt join the basketball team until the football season is over. He allowed Thayer to play baseball and Nyheim to run track, so I don't see why not.
TheStorm
^ and we end up giving out a few scholarships to walk-ons (most that are never going to even play) every single year. Nah, no way Doeren would use actually a football scholarship on someone that he might want on our team because just he is also wanting to play Basketball. LOL.
WolfpackSI
Kk it was just a question. No need to be condescending.

Anyway, Good point on Thayer and Nyhiem. I forgot they played other sports at State.
nryanh94
Wichita State is sneakily building a solid group of kids from NC:

Ricky Council, Jadun Michael have committed and they've offered El Ellis, Jahmari Harvey, Silas Mason, and Jaden Seymour.

Marshall trying to fill his team after a loss of 7 scholarship kids
CLTWolf
nryanh94 said:

Wichita State is sneakily building a solid group of kids from NC:

Ricky Council, Jadun Michael have committed and they've offered El Ellis, Jahmari Harvey, Silas Mason, and Jaden Seymour.

Marshall trying to fill his team after a loss of 7 scholarship kids
He got a JUCO kid from Vincennes as well as a Va HS kid. Alterique Gilbert, a grad transfer from UCONN committed as well but he's a shell of himself after unfortunately experiencing a ton of injuries.

I have to laugh a bit b/c you see Wichita State listed as having offered pretty much any transfer with a pulse. Obviously has to, to replace 7 kids (and maybe an 8th if you believe Jeff Goodman). That's a sht ton of roster turnover.
*Wolfpack Baseball - 2021 *NCAA COLLEGE WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!
*Congrats to the 10 win 2021 Wolfpack football team!
CLTWolf
WolfpackSI
CLTWolf said:

I see that Takayo was the main recruiter for him per 24/7. Maybe he ends up at Dub?
CLTWolf
WolfpackSI said:

CLTWolf said:

I see that Takayo was the main recruiter for him per 24/7. Maybe he ends up at Dub?
That would be a huge get for them. He's better than that, IMO.

He'll have a bunch of P5 options, I'd bet. I also wonder if he thinks about moving to the '21 class.
nryanh94
Really hoped we landed Michael in 21. Would be great for us if he did go back to that class
nryanh94
Packamylase
Well, good for him.
Packfan8
WolfpackSI said:

CLTWolf said:

I would doubt that, if he does that then you have to really start respecting Siddle a lot more than we already do. Jadun has offers from penn state, Louisville and Cincinnati for 2021 so if nothing else he should just wait a year
Packfan8
nryanh94 said:

Not sure how this is gonna work out. I hope for the best for uncw but he was dismissed from St. John's and got very little playing time before then because he was lazy apparently. Doesn't mess well with run defend win part 2
Dennis Smith III

Dunlow66
I'd love to see us target Jadun...even for 2020. Be even better if he would do a year at Hargrave or Moravian and go 2021
braz213
Good pick for Dubose. He should get a lot of playing time. I imagine state is having to tell guys that can't commit right now and possibly never.
Dunlow66
Jackson Fuller-SNV
@StarNewsVarsity

15h
UNCW lands another in-state recruit, but this time a transfer. Ian Steere was at St. John's last year after a first season at N.C. State. Was a top-150 prospect in the Class of 2018. One scholarship still open.[url=https://twitter.com/StarNewsVarsity][/url]
WolfpackSI
Any idea what Jadun's list is looking like?
Dunlow66
WolfpackSI said:

Any idea what Jadun's list is looking like?
I think we are pursuing
Dunlow66
Yesterday, The Burlington School [NC] wing, JaDun Michael announced his decommitment from Wichita State. "During all that's going on in the world, I don't feel that comfortable moving so far away from home," Michael said. He was committed since November, prior to his commitment he visited Penn State and Louisville, two schools that had offered him.

Hours after reopening his recruitment yesterday, Michael heard from plenty of schools. He told Stockrisers.com that he heard from Alabama, Penn State, Cincinnati, Iowa State, Virginia Tech, Tulsa and 'many others' he said.

In addition, Michael reached out hours later to tell me that he had also heard from Virginia, Pittsburgh and NC State. I expect the list to grow within the next few days IF he doesn't opt to decide on a school quickly.

Michael also adds that he will remain in 2020.

https://stockrisers.com/2020/03/31/four-star-senior-jadun-michael-decommits-from-wichita-state-hearing-from-10-schools/
Dunlow66
We are jumping in the JaDun Michael recruitment again.

Love to get this kid.
WolfpackSI
For 2020???
nryanh94
WolfpackSI said:

For 2020???
Yes, and god I hope we can get this kid, he may not do a ton his freshman year but think he'll be a stud by year 3. Has great length and athleticism. Could see him being a more athletic version of Bryce, or a better shooting version of Dorn
ClePack
nryanh94 said:

WolfpackSI said:

For 2020???
Yes, and god I hope we can get this kid, he may not do a ton his freshman year but think he'll be a stud by year 3. Has great length and athleticism. Could see him being a more athletic version of Bryce, or a better shooting version of Dorn
Count me in then
metcalfmafia
nryanh94 said:

WolfpackSI said:

For 2020???
More Bryce than Dorn IMO.
Bas2020
Dunlow66 said:

Love to get this kid.

Me too . He has tools to get better year by year . I think he'd be a great fit . I'm all for going with youth movement and build for long term but can see appeal for Burton & Wertz also .
Dunlow66
Bas2020 said:

Dunlow66 said:

Love to get this kid.

Me too . He has tools to get better year by year . I think he'd be a great fit . I'm all for going with youth movement and build for long term but can see appeal for Burton & Wertz also .
I think Wertz goes to Arizona unless UNC jumps in.

First Page Last Page
Page 278 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.