Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,223,306 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by SM1987
Packfan8
How long do you want to ignore this user?
nryanh94 said:

Dunlow66 said:

nryanh94 said:

Louisville and NCSU are being mentioned as early leaders in this one.

Would love to find a way to get a class of T Smith, Elia, Styles and Wheeler

I would love this class too however. Not very realistic with the projected scholarship distribution. That's the class that's scheduled to get 1 scholarship reduction and we only have 3 seniors next season as of now. So we have 1 scholarship available right now for that class
nryanh94
Packfan8 said:

nryanh94 said:

Dunlow66 said:

nryanh94 said:

I would love this class too however. Not very realistic with the projected scholarship distribution. That's the class that's scheduled to get 1 scholarship reduction and we only have 3 seniors next season as of now. So we have 1 scholarship available right now for that class

We have that many now, I can almost guarantee we'll have more than that lol
Packfan8
nryanh94 said:

Packfan8 said:

nryanh94 said:

Dunlow66 said:

nryanh94 said:

We have that many now, I can almost guarantee we'll have more than that lol

I agree but when those scholarships open up inevitably that some people of this fan base will bash keatts
Packfan8

Any chance we still land him for both sports? Obviously would prefer the scholarship to be taken up by football but he's a beast
Packfan8

Lol
Dunlow66
Packfan8 said:

Any chance we still land him for both sports? Obviously would prefer the scholarship to be taken up by football but he's a beast
I think there is a good chance we take him in both.
Packfan8
WolfpackSI
Packfan8 said:

Lol

Not sure what this kids deal is. Seems like one of bc those kids that is pointing the finger and is wasting his college years away with transfer-itis.
Dunlow66
WolfpackSI said:

Packfan8 said:

Lol

Not sure what this kids deal is. Seems like one of bc those kids that is pointing the finger and is wasting his college years away with transfer-itis.
Did the same thing in high school
Dunlow66
Packfan8 said:

Im not sure I like his game.

Turnover prone, not a good defender and had bad year behind the 3point line.

He is a good rebounder for his size and a solid finisher once he gets in the lane.
WolfpackSI
Dunlow66 said:

WolfpackSI said:

Packfan8 said:

Lol

Did the same thing in high school
Sounds a lot like Blake Harris
Dennis Smith III
I think the turnovers and three-point numbers have a lot to do with how much responsibility he had for an awful HBU team this year - he did shoot 43.8% from behind the arc in 18-19.

I think he could thrive in a more limited role in our system and could be a big boost to next year's squad. He's even gotten a little bit of hype as a legitimate NBA prospect from a guy on draft twitter:

Definitely my top (realistic) grad transfer target at the moment
nryanh94
Dennis Smith III said:

I think the turnovers and three-point numbers have a lot to do with how much responsibility he had for an awful HBU team this year - he did shoot 43.8% from behind the arc in 18-19.

I think he could thrive in a more limited role in our system and could be a big boost to next year's squad. He's even gotten a little bit of hype as a legitimate NBA prospect from a guy on draft twitter:

Ehhh, hard pass on this kid. Just read his PHR interview where he's talking about going through the draft process. Have a feeling he's looking for somewhere to showcase himself for a year and won't be taking any kind of limited role.

Don't really want that, if we're gonna take a grad transfer I'd prefer a role guy. Let the young guys get some run in this year instead.
CLTWolf
nryanh94 said:

Dennis Smith III said:

Ehhh, hard pass on this kid. Just read his PHR interview where he's talking about going through the draft process. Have a feeling he's looking for somewhere to showcase himself for a year and won't be taking any kind of limited role.

Don't really want that, if we're gonna take a grad transfer I'd prefer a role guy. Let the young guys get some run in this year instead.
Funny to me how two people can read something and have two different opinions of it. I read it as him just trying to find the right fit for him, came across to me as a smart, thoughtful kid.

If he can play, bring him on. We could always use talent, every NCAA team could always use more talent.
nryanh94
CLTWolf said:

nryanh94 said:

Dennis Smith III said:

Funny to me how two people can read something and have two different opinions of it. I read it as him just trying to find the right fit for him, came across to me as a smart, thoughtful kid.

If he can play, bring him on. We could always use talent, every NCAA team could always use more talent.

I agree that he seemed smart and thoughtful, but you can be both of those and still not be a good fit.

I also agree we need more talent, but not if it will be a detriment to the growth of your young players. He very well could be a good fit, but I don't think a grad transfer guard with NBA aspirations is going to be able to accept a diminished role here. I imagine he'll go somewhere he can be the guy and still win.
Packfan8
Packfan8
ClePack
Packfan8 said:

he gone!
Packfan8
WolfpackSI
Packfan8 said:

Damn, that sucks that this kid literally played in our back yard and there was never any traction between the two parties. Likely even less now that we currently have 0 scholarships and 2 incoming PGs
WolfpackSI
ClePack said:

Packfan8 said:

he gone!
Kinston kid going to UNC or Duke. wild!
Dunlow66
WolfpackSI said:

Packfan8 said:

Damn, that sucks that this kid literally played in our back yard and there was never any traction between the two parties. Likely even less now that we currently have 0 scholarships and 2 incoming PGs
I dont think he wanted to play for NC State
Dennis Smith III
Dennis Smith III

Another NC kid, played for Word of God. We don't really have a true PG type on the roster right now and he would definitely fit the bill - not much of a shooter but averaged 5.6 assists to 1.9 turnovers in 18-19
TriangleDreamer
"High achievement always takes place in the framework of high expectation." ~ Charles Kettering
TriangleDreamer

This breakdown of JG's post explains a lot of the challenges our team has faced to be consistent.
"High achievement always takes place in the framework of high expectation." ~ Charles Kettering
Dunlow66

@jakeweingarten

14h
Xavier, Louisville, Wichita State and NC State are the newest schools involved with Yale graduate transfer Jordan Bruner, he told
@Stockrisers
. 40+ programs now involved.

@AllFactsMedia

42m
Spoke with Yale grad transfer Jordan Bruner and he told us that over 50 schools have reached out thus far. GTown, Alabama, Arkansas, Maryland and Baylor have been the most involved. Also recently heard from Louisville and Gonzaga among others. Also still is open to turning pro.
nryanh94
TriangleDreamer
"NC State has now offered Santa Clara transfer guard Trey Wertz"

Offered? That would definitely indicate somebody leaving, right?
nryanh94
TriangleDreamer said:

Yes, notice the kids we have reached out to or offered (sans the kid from Yale) are all guards
Dunlow66
nryanh94 said:

Wertz played at Providence Day and with Team Loaded.
Packfan8

A great young man for the program
Packfan8
Trey Wertz's offers so far are from N.C. State, Arizona, app state and unc Charlotte. He has interest from Arkansas, Arizona, South Carolina, Butler, Minnesota, Northwestern, Colorado State, Creighton, Arizona State, Cincinnati, Virginia Tech, Stanford, Clemson, Georgia Tech, Oklahoma, North Carolina, Vanderbilt and most recently Virginia
WolfpackSI
nryanh94 said:

TriangleDreamer said:

Yes, notice the kids we have reached out to or offered (sans the kid from Yale) are all guards
Hmm that would include Braxton, Daniels, Seabron, TAjr. Wouldn't be surprised if Braxton or Daniels are gone.
wufpack7
Nothing shocks me anymore, but Daniels leaving would definitely surprise me. You would have a strong argument that he was our best player the last half of the season, and he would be the frontrunner to be the best player on the team next season (assuming Josh Hall has the typical freshman learning curve). Of the 5 guys who played and can return, Daniels would probably surprise me the most if he left.
First Page Last Page
Page 276 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.