Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,198,497 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by SM1987
metcalfmafia
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I just don't see Hall at the 4. I'd rather have Hellems in that spot.

Hall is more suitable to defend guards at this level IMO. Until he can put some more weight on.
TopsailWolf
Markell shot 40% from 2, 26% from 3, and 60% from the FT line this year and State still likely made the tournament. Point guard just needs to facilitate and get shots for guys around him and ideally hit shots at the rim/FT at a better clip than we saw this year
metcalfmafia
TopsailWolf said:

Markell shot 40% from 2, 26% from 3, and 60% from the FT line this year and State still likely made the tournament. Point guard just needs to facilitate and get shots for guys around him and ideally hit shots at the rim/FT at a better clip than we saw this year
I think Seabron could be a better defender than Kell was too. That was a big weakness for Markell this year.

IF we did roll with Seabron, you need to have good shooters at the 2,3, and 4 spot. Maybe I could get down with nryanh94's lineup then with Hall at the 4.
WolfpackSI
I think Hellems locked locked down the 4 spot. I thought he brought a lot of toughness and versatility to the position. I think Hall is more suited to be a slasher 3 and guard opposing wings.
Seabron, Daniels, Hall, Hellem, Funderburk with Allen and Beverly being shooting re-inforcements off the bench. A lot of this is predicated on Seabron really working to solidify his point guard abilities
metcalfmafia
WolfpackSI said:

I think Hellems locked locked down the 4 spot. I thought he brought a lot of toughness and versatility to the position. I think Hall is more suited to be a slasher 3 and guard opposing wings.
Seabron, Daniels, Hall, Hellem, Funderburk with Allen and Beverly being shooting re-inforcements off the bench. A lot of this is predicated on Seabron really working to solidify his point guard abilities
Right. We're operating on the assumption that he is actually good LOL.
Dunlow66
metcalfmafia said:

WolfpackSI said:

Right. We're operating on the assumption that he is actually good LOL.
He was always the 'go to' scorer until his prep year.

Really good at getting into the lane and a willing passer but Im not sure he is a true PG at this time.
wufpack7
TopsailWolf said:

Markell actually shot 51% from 2, the 40% was his overall shooting %, dragged way down by his horrible 3-point shooting. His shooting % inside the arc was very good for a guard, we will be lucky if our next point guard is as good at finishing near the rim.
braz213
I've thought we needed better play out of the 4 spot all year. I don't see any of the guys coming in being able to do that. Need a guy that rebounds really well and can shoot at a decent clip. I don't see Hall as a guy that's willing to or can bang for rebounds.
TopsailWolf
You're right, I meant 40% overall but point still stands. A 6'7 ball handler is going to be a mismatch at lead guard going against 6'0 pg's

ETA; if he Can actually handle the ball. I have no idea, I've never seen the kid play
Starwolf
metcalfmafia said:

I've been watching a good amount of Seabron games lately since we started talking about him.

Definitely could be a fit at PG but he needs to improve the jumper. Good distributor and operator in ball screens though.
Sounds a little bit like a freshman Markell!
Bas2020
The Coronavirus scare is going to likely cancel all the high school all star games will limit any Chance to be scouted . Lecque is/was a high level nba athlete . I love Josh's Game but he's not a high level athlete . He's a skilled basketball player that needs to get stronger . Just don't see the nba giving him enough guaranteed money to risk it all . If some team will offer him free agent money but that short pay day could damage him in the long run . Hopefully he will get good advice & ignore some e greedy agent in the families ear looking to take advantage .
Packfan8
Looks like Siddle is back recruiting Moravian players. Offered Jamahri Harvey for UNCW today. Maybe he goes after the big man Belton as well. I would love to see him succeed in Wilmington
dbwatts79
Jaden Bradley from Cannon schoolclass 2022we have any chance?

He is the best pure point guard in the county. Saw him play one time and that was enough. He knows where the other 9 guys on the court are at all times. He sees the whole court, he can score if needed but he is a true point guard.
warlords86
Heard that Thomas Allen is the first one in the gym every day (6:00 AM) and has really been working! In fact, even heard that some of the other veteran players are surprised at how much time this kid spends working. I think a new mindset is coming to the Pack next year.
WolfpackSI
warlords86 said:

Heard that Thomas Allen is the first one in the gym every day (6:00 AM) and has really been working! In fact, even heard that some of the other veteran players are surprised at how much time this kid spends working. I think a new mindset is coming to the Pack next year.

Thats awesome! I'm so glad that Thomas is back on our team!
RowanWolf
Great to hear. Never have been worried about Allen. He will be solid. He may not make many spectacular plays, but he won't make many careless turnovers or take too many ill timed shots, either.

Looking forward to seeing Seabron as well.
Dunlow66
RowanWolf said:

Great to hear. Never have been worried about Allen. He will be solid. He may not make many spectacular plays, but he won't make many careless turnovers or take too many ill timed shots, either.

Looking forward to seeing Seabron as well.
We likely get Allen's best years in college. Glad he came home. I think he will surprise some of our fans next season.
Dunlow66
dbwatts79 said:

Jaden Bradley from Cannon schoolclass 2022we have any chance?

He is the best pure point guard in the county. Saw him play one time and that was enough. He knows where the other 9 guys on the court are at all times. He sees the whole court, he can score if needed but he is a true point guard.
Likely a blue blood target.
Dunlow66
Starwolf said:

metcalfmafia said:

I've been watching a good amount of Seabron games lately since we started talking about him.

Definitely could be a fit at PG but he needs to improve the jumper. Good distributor and operator in ball screens though.
Sounds a little bit like a freshman Markell!
Markell was an outstanding scorer in HS. Seabron isnt quite at that level, IMO.
Packfan8
Siddle is bringing Craig Ponder (ga) and Hackett (dobo) to uncw
WolfpackSI
Packfan8 said:

Just don't take my boy Henderson. The sidelines wont be the same without that fresh haircut
CLTWolf
Packfan8 said:

Hackert getting a spot on the bench? I figured he'd get Ponder to go back with him.
Packfan8
CLTWolf said:

Packfan8 said:

Hackert getting a spot on the bench? I figured he'd get Ponder to go back with him.

From what I have heard this is the case.
Thunderhill
Thomas Allen = Tommy Amaker? That is what the descriptions sound like to me. If he's even close to Amaker, he will be a huge factor at State.
wufpack7
Amaker was a PG, and Allen is a scorer. I'm not sure their games are all that similar.
Dunlow66
Now Two staff spots open.

Have to wonder if there will be more shakeup.

Does Sam Hunt get a shot at DOBO or do we bring in a young prep coach looking to move into college coaching?

Dunlow66
warlords86 said:

Im hoping he can hit 40 percent on 3's.
metcalfmafia
Dunlow66 said:

Does Sam Hunt get a shot at DOBO or do we bring in a young prep coach looking to move into college coaching?

Who all has left?
WolfpackSI
metcalfmafia said:

Dunlow66 said:

Who all has left?
Siddle(Assistant) and Hackert(DOBO) both left for wilmington
CLTWolf
metcalfmafia said:

Dunlow66 said:

Who all has left?
Haven't seen any announcement but I have to assume Craig Ponder (GA) goes back to UNCW as well in some capacity.

Video Coordinator is probably the next move for Sam Hunt before a DOBO role. Here or somewhere else, hopefully here.

Packfan8
CLTWolf said:

metcalfmafia said:

Dunlow66 said:

Who all has left?
Haven't seen any announcement but I have to assume Craig Ponder (GA) goes back to UNCW as well in some capacity.

Video Coordinator is probably the next move for Sam Hunt before a DOBO role. Here or somewhere else, hopefully here.

He does I said it yesterday. He's likely going to be the dobo in Wilmington.
CLTWolf
Packfan8 said:

CLTWolf said:

metcalfmafia said:

Dunlow66 said:

Who all has left?

He does I said it yesterday. He's likely going to be the dobo in Wilmington.
I know you said it, and I believe you but you're not an "official announcement".
Packfan8
FlockaWolf
Jamarius Burton is from Charlotte and shot 38% this past season from 3.
WolfpackSI
FlockaWolf said:

Jamarius Burton is from Charlotte and shot 38% this past season from 3.
Is he Grad or traditional?
First Page Last Page
Page 273 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.