Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,216,508 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by SM1987
HungryWolf92
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Siddle gone?
CLTWolf
HungryWolf92 said:

Siddle gone?
Maybe. Rando twitters seem to think so. Not sure Jimmy can hire another ACC assistant but we'll see.
Dunlow66
Rumor is Siddle will go back to UNCW...soon
CLTWolf
Dunlow66 said:

Rumor is Siddle will go back to UNCW...soon

whoever this is has been all over it, if true.
RDUwolfpack
Such a good problem when all your assistants start getting head coaching jobs. Hamilton now Siddle. Will make great coaches want to replace them. (E.g. Tim Beck)
WolfpackSI
Happy for Siddle but sad to see him go. Hopefully this doesn't affect our recruiting class.

RowanWolf
Hall reminds me of Patrick Williams. Williams has used one year of college ball to play his way into being a late 1st - early 2nd round pick. Hope Hall follows that path and comes to State for one year.
Packfan8
CLTWolf said:

HungryWolf92 said:

Siddle gone?
Maybe. Rando twitters seem to think so. Not sure Jimmy can hire another ACC assistant but we'll see.

He's been the top choice for jimmy since the job opened up
ClePack
RDUwolfpack said:

Such a good problem when all your assistants start getting head coaching jobs. Hamilton now Siddle. Will make great coaches want to replace them. (E.g. Tim Beck)
Eh, good for them, but it hasn't been good for us. Siddle is the one I didn't want to lose. The others can take all the jobs they want
RDUwolfpack
ClePack said:

RDUwolfpack said:

Eh, good for them, but it hasn't been good for us. Siddle is the one I didn't want to lose. The others can take all the jobs they want

Good for perception.
Packfan8
Well that's it for the season. Look forward to the future of the pack with this great class
WolfpackSI
Packfan8 said:

Well that's it for the season. Look forward to the future of the pack with this great class

Im not fully convinced that Roy didn't create Coronavirus
Packfan8
WolfpackSI said:

Packfan8 said:

Im not fully convinced that Roy didn't create Coronavirus

I promise to never forget that they wouldn't have even qualified for the nit
WolfpackSI
Packfan8 said:

On a serious note, I am really excited for a lot of the pieces that are returning next season:

Daniels looked like he was making an Al Freeman-esque transformation.

Hellems, Funderburk both played great.

Even Beverly finally looked like he was finding his rhythm after a chronic back i jury.

Bates looked awesome on the defensive end but he really needs to work on his offensive game. Doesn't seem like He has any offensive game outside inches from the rim.

I know that its probably unlikely that all those guys end up staying for next season but I would really like to see what we can do with those guys + Thomas Allen's shooting + 2020 class.
nryanh94
WolfpackSI said:

Packfan8 said:

On a serious note, I am really excited for a lot of the pieces that are returning next season:

Even Beverly finally looked like he was finding his rhythm after a chronic back i jury.

Bates looked awesome on the defensive end but he really needs to work on his offensive game. Doesn't seem like He has any offensive game outside inches from the rim.

I know that its probably unlikely that all those guys end up staying for next season but I would really like to see what we can do with those guys + Thomas Allen's shooting + 2020 class.

+ Seabron who will see a ton of minutes at PG next year
WolfpackSI
nryanh94 said:

WolfpackSI said:

Packfan8 said:

Right! I knew I was forgetting someone. Man, if we can get these guys to stick around then we should have a great group next season.

Starters: Seabron, Daniels, Hall, Hellems, Funderburk

Bench: Bates, Allen, Beverly, Hayes, Shakeel, Farrar, Ebenezer

TopsailWolf
Love that roster. Have to find 2 guys that can consistently stretch the defense though.
nryanh94
TopsailWolf said:

Love that roster. Have to find 2 guys that can consistently stretch the defense though.
Braxton ( know he's streaky), Allen, Hall and Hayes
WolfpackSI
nryanh94 said:

TopsailWolf said:

Braxton ( know he's streaky), Allen, Hall and Hayes

Hes not consistent but Daniels did show hes a threat from outside. But ya we need Braxto(career 3pt fg.365) and Allen(career 3pt fg .361) to be our consistent outside shooters
Packfan8
Shakeel Moore started to develop a 3 point shot this season
ClePack
Please stay fundy!!
wolfpackjb
ClePack said:

Please stay fundy!!
Was thinking about this earlier. If anything good can come from all of this mess, maybe DJ REALLY wants an opportunity to play in the NCAA tournament, so he decides to come back for one more year. No idea, but I am definitely hopeful. Next years team with DJ and Devon as leaders would be something to get excited about!
HungryWolf92
Siddle officially headed to UNCW per Jon Rothstein
ClePack
HungryWolf92 said:

Big loss
CLTWolf
ClePack said:

HungryWolf92 said:

Big loss

If he's replaced by Kareem Richardson it's not.
Dunlow66
TopsailWolf said:

Shakeel Moore's outside shot is coming around.
WolfpackSI
CLTWolf said:

ClePack said:

HungryWolf92 said:

Big loss

There some legs to this?
Dunlow66
WolfpackSI said:

CLTWolf said:

ClePack said:

HungryWolf92 said:

Big loss

There some legs to this?
I think it has to do with Keatts usually prefering to work with guys he already knows. Richardson has the Louisville connection.
WolfpackSI
Dunlow66 said:

WolfpackSI said:

CLTWolf said:

ClePack said:

HungryWolf92 said:

Big loss

There some legs to this?
I think it has to do with Keatts usually prefering to work with guys he already knows. Richardson has the Louisville connection.

Well in that case I would prefer Wyking Jones. He was a good recruiting assistant for Pitino and Cuonzo
CLTWolf
WolfpackSI said:

Dunlow66 said:

WolfpackSI said:

CLTWolf said:

ClePack said:

HungryWolf92 said:

Big loss

There some legs to this?

Well in that case I would prefer Wyking Jones. He was a good recruiting assistant for Pitino and Cuonzo

Kareem is a good recruiter as well.
wolfpacker7
nryanh94 said:

WolfpackSI said:

Packfan8 said:

metcalfmafia
I've been watching a good amount of Seabron games lately since we started talking about him.

Definitely could be a fit at PG but he needs to improve the jumper. Good distributor and operator in ball screens though.
nryanh94
metcalfmafia said:

I've been watching a good amount of Seabron games lately since we started talking about him.

Definitely could be a fit at PG but he needs to improve the jumper. Good distributor and operator in ball screens though.

Run Seabron at the 1 with 2 of Hall, Thomas and Beverly and you've got something to work with
metcalfmafia
nryanh94 said:

metcalfmafia said:

Run Seabron at the 1 with 2 of Hall, Thomas and Beverly and you've got something to work with
Where does Daniels fit in this equation ?
nryanh94
metcalfmafia said:

nryanh94 said:

metcalfmafia said:

Where does Daniels fit in this equation ?

Well since Keatts likes to run small, we could see a lineup of:
Seabron
Beverly
Daniels
Hall
Fundy

Hayes/Moore
Allen
Hellems
Taylor
Bates

Each lineup would give us multiple shooters and multiple slashers

Alternatively you could go big and see:
Seabron 6"7
Daniels 6"5
Hall 6"8
Fundy 6"10
Bates 6"11

The more I think about it the more I'm excited by all the potential lineups next year
First Page Last Page
Page 272 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.