Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,216,244 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by SM1987
Dunlow66
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I will take a pass on Lecque this time
WolfpackSI
Dunlow66 said:

I will take a pass on Lecque this time

Not acc material?
nryanh94
metcalfmafia
The guys on the Hoop State live stream all saying it's likely Hall goes to the league.
nryanh94
metcalfmafia said:

The guys on the Hoop State live stream all saying it's likely Hall goes to the league.

Would be incredibly disappointing but not surprising
metcalfmafia
nryanh94 said:

metcalfmafia said:

Would be incredibly disappointing but not surprising

Not sure how credible but we'll see.
Packamylase
Uggghhh... Very, very disappointing if true.
CLTWolf
metcalfmafia said:

Is that Miles M and the dude that speaks but it's not English or any other language to speak of? If so, did you use google translate? Is he speaking reindeer?
metcalfmafia
CLTWolf said:

metcalfmafia said:

Is that Miles M and the dude that speaks but it's not English or any other language to speak of? If so, did you use google translate? Is he speaking reindeer?

Yep. Miles, Anthony Simmons and Rod Bridges. Anthony is the one you're talking about LOL
WolfpackSI
metcalfmafia said:

Always the bridesmaid, never the bride... f***

Simons, Lecque, and now likely Hall. Anyone been more burned by these prep kids more than us? Jesus
CLTWolf
WolfpackSI said:

metcalfmafia said:

Simons, Lecque, and now likely Hall. Anyone been more burned by these prep kids more than us? Jesus

Simons was never committed.
Ripper
metcalfmafia said:

Is that the D League or G League?
PackAlpha91
Are we really gonna trust this info? Are these guys in the know?
wufpack7
Are they saying he's going next year, or that he will make it to the NBA? (Like how people say football players will play on Sundays). Either way, I doubt these guys know much, so their guess doesn't make me any more concerned.
metcalfmafia
I wasn't meaning that we should take it as gospel. Just sharing what they said.

I do think they'll put feelers out there about the draft.
mdreid
Jalen Lecque has played in 4 games this season totaling 27 minutes of playing time and 10 points scored,

is that worth skipping a year in ACC, yes your getting paid but it just doesnt make sense to me
nryanh94
wufpack7 said:

Are they saying he's going next year, or that he will make it to the NBA? (Like how people say football players will play on Sundays). Either way, I doubt these guys know much, so their guess doesn't make me any more concerned.

The hoop state guys and Quincy (Josh's dad) know each other pretty well.
nryanh94
mdreid said:

Jalen Lecque has played in 4 games this season totaling 27 minutes of playing time and 10 points scored,

is that worth skipping a year in ACC, yes your getting paid but it just doesnt make sense to me

If your entire goal is making it to the nba, then yes it's worth it.

If he were to come to the ACC this year and light it up he could have gotten drafted, but if he played terribly he could have seen his shot at the nba go out the window and not have the money to show for it
nryanh94
FWIW Josh is liking all the tweets relating to him playing at state next year (as of tonight) so I'd back off the ledge a bit
mdreid
nryanh94 said:

mdreid said:

If he were to come to the ACC this year and light it up he could have gotten drafted, but if he played terribly he could have seen his shot at the nba go out the window and not have the money to show for it
NBA is an interesting league, with how long the pros that make it stay on rosters and how full the G-league is with young talent, its amazing they still hold a 2 round draft every year,
ClePack
Ah well. We should have known better than to get excited over next year. Back to the cellar.

Seriously. STOP RECRUITING THESE KIDS IF THERE IS EVEN A CHANCE THEY COULD SKIP COLLEGE. Not sure anyone recruits them as much as we do.
nryanh94
ClePack said:

Ah well. We should have known better than to get excited over next year. Back to the cellar.

Seriously. STOP RECRUITING THESE KIDS IF THERE IS EVEN A CHANCE THEY COULD SKIP COLLEGE. Not sure anyone recruits them as much as we do.

Think you're overreacting to something that we don't even know is going to happen
mdreid
ClePack said:

such a defeatist attitude

btw, Josh Hall had 30 offers....
metcalfmafia
nryanh94 said:

ClePack said:

Think you're overreacting to something that we don't even know is going to happen

Right haha. Man I didn't mean to stir up *****
Luke12321
Lots of hints of Hall going straight to pros. I posted about it several months ago.

I said I hoped he comes to State but if I had to bet, he will go straight pro and that is to credit Josh for his improvements in his game to elevate his stock that high.

I actually think he will be a successful pro, which is more than I can say about Lecque.

Josh dad said on one of the podcast/or stream the plan was to be 1 and done at NC State. But he has also left the door to going straight.

I have always been of the mindset that once Josh decided to go through the process, bc of his skillset, he will get drafted 1st round and if that is the case...he SHOULD go.

Plus, I just plan on stuff not working out for NC State...bc it usually does not lol

Better make the dance this year KK.

ClePack
nryanh94 said:

ClePack said:

I guess I should say i'll get excited when he steps on the court for our first game next year. Not gonna Lecque me again
WolfpackSI
CLTWolf said:

WolfpackSI said:

metcalfmafia said:

Simons was never committed.

Yes I know...but we were right there at the end to land him before he went pro
Dunlow66
mdreid said:

nryanh94 said:

mdreid said:

NBA is an interesting league, with how long the pros that make it stay on rosters and how full the G-league is with young talent, its amazing they still hold a 2 round draft every year,
Most second round picks get guaranteed money now.

Teams are interested in developing players moreso than they were in the past. The Gleague expansion has created a legit minor league where players can develop skills and play within the Parent Club's offensive and defensive system.

It cheaper to develop a young kid for 2 or 3 years in the Gleague than it is to sign even the lowest salaried vet with the way the CBA is now structured.

Young guys get sent down to play instead of riding the pine all season with an NBA team.

The NBA is now ready to draft and develop high school kids and Im happy for the changes.
Dunlow66
@JamieShaw5
Today's Names you Need to Know
#PhenomHoopState

MVP
6' '20 Shakeel Moore

6'10 '20 Isaiah Todd
6'5 '20 Jamahri Harvey
6'7 '21 Treyvon Byrd
7'0 '20 Quincy Ballard
6'6 '22 Jalen Hood-Schifino
6'5 '20 Kam Edwards
6'7 '20 Donte Walker
6'3 '22 Po'Boigh King
nryanh94

No idea who this is and Weingarten has a knack for saying a kid is a 4 star when they aren't
CLTWolf
nryanh94 said:

No idea who this is and Weingarten has a knack for saying a kid is a 4 star when they aren't

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2021/daniel-nixon-255691#school-interests

https://247sports.com/Player/Daniel-Nixon-46085758/
nryanh94
CLTWolf said:

nryanh94 said:

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2021/daniel-nixon-255691#school-interests

https://247sports.com/Player/Daniel-Nixon-46085758/

Definitely looks like he padded his rating
mdreid
seems like a kid looking to come to a camp(do basketball kids even camp) this summer and drum up interest
WolfpackSI
mdreid said:

seems like a kid looking to come to a camp(do basketball kids even camp) this summer and drum up interest

Gotta respect the kids hustle. Yo Coach I'm here!
duran_duran
nryanh94 said:

ClePack said:

Just wait until he goes through the draft process just like Markell and Lecque did last year. This thread will need to be put on suicide watch.

FWIW I still think Josh Hall comes to NC State for a year, he's got legit 1st round talent that a college strength program can really help him achieve.
First Page Last Page
Page 271 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.