Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,225,081 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by SM1987
nryanh94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Dunlow66 said:

Takayo Siddle interviewed for UNC W job

Coach Rumors
@RumorsCoach

19h
NC State's Takayo Siddle was on campus interviewing at UNCW this weekend

If all the assistants he's the one I'd want to lose the least.
CLTWolf
Dunlow66 said:

Coach Rumors
@RumorsCoach

19h

Figured that was coming. I'm pretty sure the Jimmy likes Siddle a lot. Not sure that Jimmy can hire an ACC assistant twice in a row here.
If Siddle does get the job Keatts needs to hire an absolute grinder in the mold of Rob Moxley or the guy from Boston College, Scott Spinelli.
Dunlow66
nryanh94 said:

Dunlow66 said:

Coach Rumors
@RumorsCoach

19h

I think losing AW Hamilton set the program back more than some expected.

Seems to be doing OK at Eastern Kentucky. 12-6 conference record this year after going 6-12 in his first season.

They were 5-13 the year before AW took over.
ClePack
nryanh94 said:

Dunlow66 said:

Coach Rumors
@RumorsCoach

19h

agreed. I'd like to lose anyone BUT him.
nryanh94

Another kid out of Fayetteville to watch.

Class of 2021, so not sure if we'll look to take another CG in that class
WolfpackSI
Man it would be a really bad time to lose Siddle. Like Dun mentioned, dont think we ever completely recovered from losing AW so early in KK's tenure.

Hell, if we lose Takayo then go get CB McGrath to replace him. Good way to stick it to Roy and learn all his secrets lol
nryanh94
WolfpackSI said:

Man it would be a really bad time to lose Siddle. Like Dun mentioned, dont think we ever completely recovered from losing AW so early in KK's tenure.

Hell, if we lose Takayo then go get CB McGrath to replace him. Good way to stick it to Roy and learn all his secrets lol

Wouldn't be surprised to see Keatts hire the IMG coach
CLTWolf
WolfpackSI said:

How'd that Buzz Peterson hire work out for Les Robinson back in 1990? Lol

Like I mentioned before we need a grinder type. A couple guys Keatts worked with at Louisville I'm sure would come. Wyking Jones and Kareem Richardson. Richardson is at Indiana State currently.

If Jim Christian gets the boot by BC my guy Spinelli would be available. There was talk of the Gott man hiring him previously. Dude knows talent. Ky Bowman, Jerome Robinson, Jay Heath and there are more.
CLTWolf
nryanh94 said:

WolfpackSI said:

Which one? Seems like they have so many. The PG coach?
nryanh94
CLTWolf said:

nryanh94 said:

WolfpackSI said:

Yeah, Chad Myers! Was the HC at Massanutten (coached Seabron) and was an assistant under Keatts at Hargrave
CLTWolf
nryanh94 said:

CLTWolf said:

nryanh94 said:

WolfpackSI said:

Yeah, Chad Myers! Was the HC at Massanutten (coached Seabron) and was an assistant under Keatts at Hargrave
Oh yeah, duh. He would've been a nice replacement for Hamilton but putting Myers with Roberson would leave Keatts and Johnson as the only coaches with any substantial college bench experience. That's not ideal, IMO.

nryanh94
CLTWolf said:

nryanh94 said:

CLTWolf said:

nryanh94 said:

WolfpackSI said:

Oh yeah, duh. He would've been a nice replacement for Hamilton but putting Myers with Roberson would leave Keatts and Johnson as the only coaches with any substantial college bench experience. That's not ideal, IMO.

I didn't say it's be ideal (don't think it would be). I think it's a very likley hire thought. Keatts seems to prefer people he can trust and micro manage over guys with experience.

I'd love to see a big time hire who can help with recruiting, but that doesn't seem to be keatts style
CLTWolf
nryanh94 said:

CLTWolf said:

nryanh94 said:

CLTWolf said:

nryanh94 said:

WolfpackSI said:

I didn't say it's be ideal (don't think it would be). I think it's a very likley hire thought. Keatts seems to prefer people he can trust and micro manage over guys with experience.

I'd love to see a big time hire who can help with recruiting, but that doesn't seem to be keatts style

Yeah, with you on that. Just wonder if he'd have any interest in Wyking or Kareem since he knows those guys and they have big time experience and can recruit. Of course I'd need to refresh my memory of them when it comes to hooker-gate but I don't recall them being caught up in it.
nryanh94
CLTWolf said:

nryanh94 said:

CLTWolf said:

nryanh94 said:

CLTWolf said:

nryanh94 said:

WolfpackSI said:

Yeah, with you on that. Just wonder if he'd have any interest in Wyking or Kareem since he knows those guys and they have big time experience and can recruit. Of course I'd need to refresh my memory of them when it comes to hooker-gate but I don't recall them being caught up in it.

Both would be good hires, and I don't think anything came out on Jones or Richardson. But idk that you want to go down that rabbit hole with the NCAA looming over us.
WolfpackSI
CLTWolf said:

WolfpackSI said:

Like I mentioned before we need a grinder type. A couple guys Keatts worked with at Louisville I'm sure would come. Wyking Jones and Kareem Richardson. Richardson is at Indiana State currently.

If Jim Christian gets the boot by BC my guy Spinelli would be available. There was talk of the Gott man hiring him previously. Dude knows talent. Ky Bowman, Jerome Robinson, Jay Heath and there are more.
CB isn't a Carolina lifer like MJ's "special friend." CB has just followed Roy around so he might not be as loyal to the school. Anyway can't deny hes atleast a high end recruiter.

Wyking Jones is an interesting name. I vaguely remember KK telling a story that he and Siddle were at some camp that Wyking was at. Wyking was watching a different game and came over to KK to go see some player because he knew it was his type of player. I believe this was during his UNCW days but can't remember the player(Bryce possibly?). Anyway, at the very least they have a relationship and he knows KK's type on the recruiting trail.

Chris Myers is a good name too. He fits KK's MO of guys that have coached for him before and has good high school ties.

Who know? Maybe this is a good opportunity to bring a former Wolfpack player to the bench *cough* Levi Watkins *cough*

I hope Siddle stays though because continuity is important. If anything, I'd like to replace Roberson. I don't really see what Roberson brings to the table. He doesn't seem like a particularly important recruiter and he isn't very active during time outs from what I have seen.
Dunlow66
WolfpackSI said:

CLTWolf said:

WolfpackSI said:

CB isn't a Carolina lifer like MJ's "special friend." CB has just followed Roy around so he might not be as loyal to the school. Anyway can't deny hes atleast a high end recruiter.

Wyking Jones is an interesting name. I vaguely remember KK telling a story that he and Siddle were at some camp that Wyking was at. Wyking was watching a different game and came over to KK to go see some player because he knew it was his type of player. I believe this was during his UNCW days but can't remember the player(Bryce possibly?). Anyway, at the very least they have a relationship and he knows KK's type on the recruiting trail.

Chris Myers is a good name too. He fits KK's MO of guys that have coached for him before and has good high school ties.

Who know? Maybe this is a good opportunity to bring a former Wolfpack player to the bench *cough* Levi Watkins *cough*

I hope Siddle stays though because continuity is important. If anything, I'd like to replace Roberson. I don't really see what Roberson brings to the table. He doesn't seem like a particularly important recruiter and he isn't very active during time outs from what I have seen.
Id take Levi in a heatbeat
CLTWolf
WolfpackSI said:

CLTWolf said:

WolfpackSI said:

CB is a Roy lifer. Same thing and just not a good idea for NC State.

Roy has been lead recruiter on Pat Andree , Ebe Dowuona, and Seabron as well. Wasn't crazy about the hire either but he's not losing his job because people don't like his background or what they see in the huddle.

Broken record, but if anyone leaves they need to be replaced by a grinder on the trail.
CLTWolf
Dunlow66 said:

WolfpackSI said:

CLTWolf said:

WolfpackSI said:

Id take Levi in a heatbeat
Hell yes. Such a great dude.
TopsailWolf
Where's James? I thought coaching didn't matter? If Siddle gets the uncw gig go hire a recruiter and bring in a coaching lifer as an advisor
WolfpackSI
TopsailWolf said:

Where's James? I thought coaching didn't matter? If Siddle gets the uncw gig go hire a recruiter and bring in a coaching lifer as an advisor

Huh?
CLTWolf
WolfpackSI said:

TopsailWolf said:

Huh?

Gotta pony up for premium to understand that one.
TopsailWolf
Lol. Yep, my bad.
Andrew4343
Julius! Or Levi
Packfan8

Former target we never offered. Pray for his family
WolfpackSI
Packfan8 said:

Former target we never offered. Pray for his family

Man, a Hargrave kid too. RIP
turbosyco
baby tee vs styles about to go down
turbosyco
is it just me or is Samage Teel criminally underated?
Bulldogwolf27
Criminally underrated. Looked like the best player on the floor
Dunlow66
Teell should prep a year. He will be a MId to High Major prospect if he does so

Maybe JUCO if he doesnt want to prep.
Dunlow66
Big fight in the Reidsville South Granville Playoff game. Game suspended with 19 seconds left.

Breon Pass plays for Reidsville, Bobby Pettiford with South Granville.

https://www.highschoolot.com/fight-suspends-south-granville-reidsville-basketball-game-after-pepper-spray-used/18990944/
Dunlow66
https://www.highschoolot.com/farmville-central-wins-convincingly-in-rematch-with-kinston-returns-to-2a-regional-final/18991411/

• Samage Teel (Farmville Central) Scored 26 points, including five 3-pointers. His point total led all scorers in the game.
  • Terquavion Smith (Farmville Central) The Jaguars' second-leading scorer on Tuesday night, scored 19 points. His performance included 6-of-8 from the free throw line.
  • Isaac Parson (Kinston) After being held to just three points in the first half, Parson finished with 16 pointis to lead Kinston.
  • Dontrez Styles (Kinston) Scored 11 points for Kinston.
  • Justin Wrignt (Farmville Central) Only hit one field goal in the game a 3-pointer in the third quarter but finished with 10 points thanks to free throws.
WolfpackSI
Is the staff and/or Doeren still recruiting Pass? He would be a good option for us if we end up having a scholarship reduction
Packfan8
duran_duran
WolfpackSI said:

Is the staff and/or Doeren still recruiting Pass? He would be a good option for us if we end up having a scholarship reduction
Doeren absolutely is, haven't heard a ton about KK recruiting him though.
WolfpackSI
Packfan8 said:

Oh no not again!
First Page Last Page
Page 270 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.