Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,215,810 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by SM1987
TheStorm
How long do you want to ignore this user?
nryanh94 said:

A 3-4 year trio of Moore, Hayes and Seabron could be special.
For the life of me, I'm still trying to figure out exactly where that gym could be around Hickory or Hudson... been to a bunch of gyms up that way over the years and I'm drawing a complete blank.
nryanh94
TheStorm said:

nryanh94 said:

For the life of me, I'm still trying to figure out exactly where that gym could be around Hickory or Hudson... been to a bunch of gyms up that way over the years and I'm drawing a complete blank.

No clue, my understanding is it is at some Rec center
TheStorm
nryanh94 said:

TheStorm said:

nryanh94 said:

That was my first inclination as well, but they have their own floor down and you can tell that there are two courts side-by-side in that video (scoreboard in corner)... two courts rules out either Neill Clark or Ridgeview... and the built-ins next to the court they are playing on makes me want to say it can't be at Stanford Park either. Unless it's all new somewhere.
nryanh94
TheStorm said:

nryanh94 said:

TheStorm said:

nryanh94 said:

That was my first inclination as well, but they have their own floor down and you can tell that there are two courts side-by-side in that video (scoreboard in corner)... two courts rules out either Neill Clark or Ridgeview... and the built-ins next to the court they are playing on makes me want to say it can't be at Stanford Park either. Unless it's all new somewhere.

Think this tourney game is in Charlotte
nryanh94
metcalfmafia
nryanh94 said:

Really hope he finds a role next year.
nryanh94
metcalfmafia said:

nryanh94 said:

Think he will, not sure Hayes will be ready until he hits the weights
duran_duran
nryanh94 said:

metcalfmafia said:

nryanh94 said:

Think he will, not sure Hayes will be ready until he hits the weights
Agree, think Moore is the more college ready player thanks to his post-grad year. Although I wouldn't rule out keeping Braxton at the 2 and rotating Moore and Hayes at point next year.
Acb0110
Hayes is better then y'all are giving him credit for. KKs best recruiting job will be keeping DJ here for one more year. DJ, DD, Hall, Seabron, Bev, Hayes, Allen, Bates, Donwua, Farrar, Hellums, and a legit scoring grad transfer would be a solid team. Very deep.
nryanh94
Acb0110 said:

Hayes is better then y'all are giving him credit for. KKs best recruiting job will be keeping DJ here for one more year. DJ, DD, Hall, Seabron, Bev, Hayes, Allen, Bates, Donwua, Farrar, Hellums, and a legit scoring grad transfer would be a solid team. Very deep.

I'm not saying he isn't good, I think he has the highest ceiling outside of Hall. I just think Moore will have a more immediate impact because Hayes needs to hit the weight room.
RowanWolf
DD is turning into a very capable backcourt player. Pairing him with Allen should make for a good backcourt. Allen will be a solid, if not flashy, PG and should be a steadying influence. Hayes has the next 8 months to hit the weights, so it's possible for him to add a much needed 10 lbs of muscle. With Moore, KK will have numbers to keep fresh legs on the floor. Key will be Seabron, his length will be needed on the perimeter.
nryanh94
RowanWolf said:

DD is turning into a very capable backcourt player. Pairing him with Allen should make for a good backcourt. Allen will be a solid, if not flashy, PG and should be a steadying influence. Hayes has the next 8 months to hit the weights, so it's possible for him to add a much needed 10 lbs of muscle. With Moore, KK will have numbers to keep fresh legs on the floor. Key will be Seabron, his length will be needed on the perimeter.

Allen isn't really a pg, you'll see him have a similar role to Beverly. I think you may see Seabron play pg some
Acb0110
nryanh94 said:

RowanWolf said:

Allen isn't really a pg, you'll see him have a similar role to Beverly. I think you may see Seabron play pg some

Seabron is a great ball handler and distributor. Not a jump shooter but can get to the rim and has great length to finish with. He will def get run at PG. I ultimately think KK wants two PG types on the floor at all times. Next year will be interesting. Hopefully there will be more depth.
nryanh94
Kid is only a freshman, but Tremayne Parker (younger brother of Kwe Parker) is one to watch in the future. Was really impressed with him last night.
metcalfmafia
nryanh94 said:

Kid is only a freshman, but Tremayne Parker (younger brother of Kwe Parker) is one to watch in the future. Was really impressed with him last night.

Whatever happened to Kwe?
Packfan8
metcalfmafia said:

nryanh94 said:

left Tennessee went to CFCC, then sat out a year and is now at a&t I believe
nryanh94
metcalfmafia said:

nryanh94 said:

He's at A&T now, never developed a full all around game and couldn't really take coaching. His brother seems to be much more far along in both categories
Packfan8
Watching Houston play, holy **** we missed on Mills and Hinton
braz213
How did Moravian prep do at nationals. I looked briefly and saw they had a gray and black team and got confused.
Thunderhill
Acb0110 said:

nryanh94 said:

RowanWolf said:

Seabron is a great ball handler and distributor. Not a jump shooter but can get to the rim and has great length to finish with. He will def get run at PG. I ultimately think KK wants two PG types on the floor at all times. Next year will be interesting. Hopefully there will be more depth.
I have not seen him play but that description and his size reminds me of Julius Hodge. Any other similarities? Hodge could drive and dish but his jumper was, well, not too good.
WolfpackSI
Packfan8 said:

Man we really gotta recruit west of the triad better. All those kids end up at the Tennessees, Houstons, and Texas Techs
CLTWolf
WolfpackSI said:

Packfan8 said:

Man we really gotta recruit west of the triad better. All those kids end up at the Tennessees, Houstons, and Texas Techs

Say what now? Who's the last kid from N.C. that ended up at Texas Tech?

All those kids?
nryanh94
CLTWolf said:

WolfpackSI said:

Packfan8 said:

All those kids?

You gtfoh with your facts
Dunlow66
WolfpackSI said:

Packfan8 said:

Triad always has a lot of talent. I think this staff does a good job with local kids.
CLTWolf
nryanh94 said:

CLTWolf said:

WolfpackSI said:

Packfan8 said:

All those kids?

No kids west of the triad for Tennessee either in the last 10 years. Charlotte, Raleigh, Fayetteville and a Durham but these aren't west of the triad.

So far there's Caleb Mills at Houston from Arden. Nate Hinton is from Gastonia. Sampson was smart and locked up Mills really early and got him to enroll early as well. They stole him. Good for Houston. They also had Rob Gray from Forest City but he attended 3 different HS's and didn't qualify. Sampson got him out of JUCO and he was very good.

Other than that?

Caleb is legit tho. I really like Hinton too, he's so long and plays hard.
WolfpackSI
CLTWolf said:

nryanh94 said:

CLTWolf said:

WolfpackSI said:

Packfan8 said:

All those kids?

No kids west of the triad for Tennessee either in the last 10 years. Charlotte, Raleigh, Fayetteville and a Durham but these aren't west of the triad.

So far there's Caleb Mills at Houston from Arden. Nate Hinton is from Gastonia. Sampson was smart and locked up Mills really early and got him to enroll early as well. They stole him. Good for Houston. They also had Rob Gray from Forest City but he attended 3 different HS's and didn't qualify. Sampson got him out of JUCO and he was very good.

Other than that?

Sorry for some reason I thought one of the kids on last years Texas Techs team

Grant Williams went to Tennessee and is from Charlotte and now on the Boston Celtics. Thats who I was thinking of when I mentioned Tennessee.

Also Charlotte is west of the triad dude
CLTWolf
WolfpackSI said:

CLTWolf said:

nryanh94 said:

CLTWolf said:

WolfpackSI said:

Packfan8 said:

All those kids?

Other than that?

Grant Williams went to Tennessee and is from Charlotte and now on the Boston Celtics. Thats who I was thinking of when I mentioned Tennessee.

You need better map skills, dude. As someone that lives in Charlotte (maybe my handle didn't give it away) I can attest that Charlotte is 100% SOUTH and a bit west of the triad.

#allthosekids
WolfpackSI
CLTWolf said:

WolfpackSI said:

CLTWolf said:

nryanh94 said:

CLTWolf said:

WolfpackSI said:

Packfan8 said:

All those kids?

Other than that?

You need better map skills, dude. As someone that lives in Charlotte (maybe my handle didn't give it away) I can attest that Charlotte is 100% SOUTH and a bit west of the triad.

#allthosekids

Uhh a bit west is still west. Growing up in Greensboro and making that trip often I would say its more than a bit.
CLTWolf
WolfpackSI said:

CLTWolf said:

WolfpackSI said:

CLTWolf said:

nryanh94 said:

CLTWolf said:

WolfpackSI said:

Packfan8 said:

All those kids?

Other than that?

#allthosekids

Uhh a bit west is still west. Growing up in Greensboro and making that trip often I would say its more than a bit.
Spend a good bit of time on 85 SOUTH did ya? Drove SOUTH often, huh?

Nice. You made a crazy wild ass claim, it's ok. We can definitely agree that Caleb Mills is a nice player tho.
NatePait94
Isn't chris Clarke at texas tech?

ETA: yes he is but is from virginia.
We're all Red on the inside. Some of us are just Blue in the face, and they're sick.
CLTWolf
NatePait94 said:

Isn't chris Clarke at texas tech?

ETA: yes he is but is from virginia.

So...not from west of the triad?
WolfpackSI
CLTWolf said:

WolfpackSI said:

CLTWolf said:

WolfpackSI said:

CLTWolf said:

nryanh94 said:

CLTWolf said:

WolfpackSI said:

Packfan8 said:

All those kids?

Other than that?

#allthosekids

Nice. You made a crazy wild ass claim, it's ok. We can definitely agree that Caleb Mills is a nice player tho.

Just because you take 85 South doesn't mean its not west of the triad. It is SOUTH and WEST of the triad. If you draw straight line down the triad then charlotte would still be west of that line. Wow strangest argument I have ever had on this website lol.

I like how you're totally gonna overlook the Grant Williams at Tennessee. I wasn't even trying to make a hot take claim its just opinion that we don't recruit the western part of the state that well and a lot of good talent have gone out of state or to lower level instate schools and have developed into good players. Thats literally it. I honestly don't get why you had to jump down my throat for such a benign statement.
OldTuffy
Get a room.
CLTWolf
WolfpackSI said:

CLTWolf said:

WolfpackSI said:

CLTWolf said:

WolfpackSI said:

CLTWolf said:

nryanh94 said:

CLTWolf said:

WolfpackSI said:

Packfan8 said:

All those kids?

Other than that?

#allthosekids

Just because you take 85 South doesn't mean its not west of the triad. It is SOUTH and WEST of the triad. If you draw straight line down the triad then charlotte would still be west of that line. Wow strangest argument I have ever had on this website lol.

I like how you're totally gonna overlook the Grant Williams at Tennessee. I wasn't even trying to make a hot take claim its just opinion that we don't recruit the western part of the state that well and a lot of good talent have gone out of state or to lower level instate schools and have developed into good players. Thats literally it. I honestly don't get why you had to jump down my throat for such a benign statement.

Because it was wrong.

Grant Williams isn't from west of the triad. We've already put that one to bed.

Houston has had 3 kids from N.C. over a 10 year span. One wouldn't have gotten into State. Two others were criminally under recruited. Both Mills and Hinton grew up closer to Clemson and fit their recruiting model more. Maybe we should be talking about Brownell missing out on these kids? Tennessee has one kid that State wishes they had recruited. One.

Texas Tech? Zero. Far from a benign statement, you were trying to throw shade at our recruiting and made an incredibly inaccurate statement while trying to cast said shade.

Let's just move on. You don't get sarcasm or the overall inaccuracies of your statement.

Caleb Mills was an amazing crootin job by Kelvin and Kellen Sampson. Enough said.
Dunlow66
Takayo Siddle interviewed for UNC W job

Coach Rumors
@RumorsCoach

19h
NC State's Takayo Siddle was on campus interviewing at UNCW this weekend
First Page Last Page
Page 269 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.