Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,217,201 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by SM1987
WolfpackSI
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Add Patrick Williams to the list former recruits thats gonna burn us for the next 2-3 seasons. Damn whoever dropped the ball on that kid ****ed up BIG TIME. He looks like a stud in the making
cmball3
He'll be in the NBA next year haha
nryanh94
WolfpackSI said:

Add Patrick Williams to the list former recruits thats gonna burn us for the next 2-3 seasons. Damn whoever dropped the ball on that kid ****ed up BIG TIME. He looks like a stud in the making

No one dropped the ball, he just didn't want to come here
Dunlow66
nryanh94 said:

WolfpackSI said:

No one dropped the ball, he just didn't want to come here
Yep. The staff made him a TOP priority. They did all they could do.

FSU is putting guys in the league right now and winning more than we are.
James Henderson
Staff
Dunlow66 said:

James Henderson said:

I don't know how well Gardner would do each night in the ACC. He's featured in a big way at ECU.
The American is better than the Colonial and Bryce made the transition as did Torin Dorn from CUSA
Right but Bryce didn't translate to the ACC like he played in CUSA and that was 2 years later.
nryanh94
Packamylase
Dude!
metcalfmafia
If Moravian used more pick and roll, Shakeel might be better prepared to play big minutes for us.

Feel like it will take a year for him.
Dunlow66
James Henderson said:

Dunlow66 said:

James Henderson said:

I don't know how well Gardner would do each night in the ACC. He's featured in a big way at ECU.
The American is better than the Colonial and Bryce made the transition as did Torin Dorn from CUSA
Right but Bryce didn't translate to the ACC like he played in CUSA and that was 2 years later.
I doubt anyone would expect Gardner to match his AAC numbers.

But I think he can help us win. That's all I really care about.
wufpack7
That video is terrible, but I don't think that was anywhere near the FT line. Still a good looking dunk from a very athletic guy, but let's not get crazy.
James Henderson
Staff
Dunlow66 said:

James Henderson said:

Dunlow66 said:

James Henderson said:

I doubt anyone would expect Gardner to match his AAC numbers.

But I think he can help us win. That's all I really care about.
sure, as long as those are the expectations.

Look at Keeling/Pierce for UNC. Those guys didn't translate.
Dunlow66
I think they would have been better at State. I always felt like Pierce was overvalued.

Keeling was one, IMO, who would be a decent fit at NC State.

Gardner at PF offering the offense to counter Manny Bates and his defensive specialty. I like that idea.
Acb0110
I would def love to get Gardner. Add him and one more guard grad transfer with this incoming class, along with Allen, Seabron, Bev, Bates and Daniels, and you got something. I don't think DJ comes back and as dun says, I'd be surprised to see Atticus ever play. That would still leave 2 schollies open if all of that happened. Maybe take the hit on self imposed and get an additional traditional transfer?

I think we missed Seabron more than anything this year. Kid has skills and size that would have helped on D and at PG.
nryanh94

No clue why we haven't offered this kid yet, originally from Durham
Dunlow66
nryanh94 said:

Dad played football at Pitt and in the NFL.

From high school coach:

Ellis is posting strong numbers during his senior year with the Fighting Pharaohs. His high school stat line reads 16.7 points, 4.7 assists and 1.2 steals per game. He has the squad on a deep run in the playoffs.

"El is what I call a five-tool guy. He can shoot it or put on the floor and get by anybody. He defends the ball well. He has a high IQ and can pass it. Tallahassee (Community College) is getting a high-major guy to play junior college basketball," said Isaac Pitts, head coach at Quality Education Academy.

CLTWolf
Dunlow66 said:

nryanh94 said:

Dad played football at Pitt and in the NFL.

From high school coach:

Ellis is posting strong numbers during his senior year with the Fighting Pharaohs. His high school stat line reads 16.7 points, 4.7 assists and 1.2 steals per game. He has the squad on a deep run in the playoffs.

"El is what I call a five-tool guy. He can shoot it or put on the floor and get by anybody. He defends the ball well. He has a high IQ and can pass it. Tallahassee (Community College) is getting a high-major guy to play junior college basketball," said Isaac Pitts, head coach at Quality Education Academy.

I just assume Lenny Ham will get this kid and add him to the massive amounts of ballers he's pulling together there in Tallahassee.
*Wolfpack Baseball - 2021 *NCAA COLLEGE WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!
*Congrats to the 10 win 2021 Wolfpack football team!
HungryWolf92
I wasn't a huge fan of SKJ but having him instead of Dixon this year would've done wonders.
duran_duran
HungryWolf92 said:

I wasn't a huge fan of SKJ but having him instead of Dixon this year would've done wonders.
Even Wyatt Walker would've been a better option tbh
Dunlow66
Tee Smith moves into the 247 Top 100 at # 97 in the lastest updated 2021 rankings
Packfan8
Dunlow66 said:

Tee Smith moves into the 247 Top 100 at # 97 in the lastest updated 2021 rankings

I remember when people were calling out his offer list and saying keatts doesn't know what he's doing. It was mainly on Facebook but this kid is still so raw
Dunlow66
Packfan8 said:

Dunlow66 said:

I remember when people were calling out his offer list and saying keatts doesn't know what he's doing. It was mainly on Facebook but this kid is still so raw
I remember posting about him and the Farmville team before Smith was offered. Some people look at a young kid and think they should see a finished product.....that isnt what it's about. It is about the potential to be more, the attitude to work hard and the natural 'flashes' of the spectacular.

Manny Batts wasnt much of a prospect until his junior season and still never really got that much attention from the recruiting services.
metcalfmafia

This kid will be a huge prospect.
Dunlow66
metcalfmafia said:

Im sorry....but that kid has boobs.

Get him in the weight room and get rid of that baby fat
metcalfmafia
Dunlow66 said:

metcalfmafia said:

6-10 / 6/11 sophomore with great length, athleticism, and motor.

Orrrrr you could just talk about his "boobs"
Dunlow66
metcalfmafia said:

Dunlow66 said:

metcalfmafia said:

I didnt say he couldnt play. Just a very unflattering photo of him.

What did you see in the picture posted?

CLTWolf
Dunlow66 said:

metcalfmafia said:

Dunlow66 said:

metcalfmafia said:

Not a HS boy's "boobs".
metcalfmafia
Dunlow66 said:

metcalfmafia said:

Dunlow66 said:

metcalfmafia said:

I didn't see anything LOL. I clicked the video and watched it.
RowanWolf
To say he is a project is a huge understatement. North plays in a very weak 1A conference (really good in football and baseball, but weak in basketball), so he rarely faces legitimate competition. North played Moravian Prep a few weeks ago. Game should have been called in warmups.
But, you can't coach 6'-10" and he's not skinny. Right now he's probably a low D1 player at best. However, he's got two years to transform his body and get into some Summer camps to see how he stacks up.
metcalfmafia
RowanWolf said:

To say he is a project is a huge understatement. North plays in a very weak 1A conference (really good in football and baseball, but weak in basketball), so he rarely faces legitimate competition. North played Moravian Prep a few weeks ago. Game should have been called in warmups.
But, you can't coach 6'-10" and he's not skinny. Right now he's probably a low D1 player at best. However, he's got two years to transform his body and get into some Summer camps to see how he stacks up.
Right. Probably should have said he COULD be a huge prospect...as you could say with any sophomore like him in high school.

Saw on Twitter that his dad is 7'1.
Dunlow66
metcalfmafia said:

Dunlow66 said:

metcalfmafia said:

Dunlow66 said:

metcalfmafia said:

I didn't see anything LOL. I clicked the video and watched it.
Ive seen film of him before. I just scanned passed that particular photo. Not sure he is on our radar yet.
Dunlow66
RowanWolf said:

Probably needs to go to a bigger program to really maximize his potential
Ripper
Dunlow66 said:

metcalfmafia said:

Bro or Mansierre?
RowanWolf
North Rowan defeated North Stokes in the 2nd round of the 1A State Playoffs last night. White had 14/11/3.
1985 NCSU Grad
https://phenomhoopreport.com/rankings/2022-north-carolina/

White is 1 of several 7' in NC for the Class of 2022. Butler and Cannon have 1 and both made big jumps last summer. Big summer for all 3 kids. Reeves dad played at Belmont Abbey and is 6'9" and is a help with him while he also plays with Bradley and Nix. We could be looking at 3 kids in the 7' to 7'4" range by fall ball in NC alone for 2022.
nryanh94

A 3-4 year trio of Moore, Hayes and Seabron could be special.
First Page Last Page
Page 268 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.