Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,224,001 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by SM1987
Dunlow66
How long do you want to ignore this user?
williewolf said:

^ what about McDonald?.........is his game too similiar to Smith?
I love his game. Much stronger than Smith. Slasher and finisher. Not the shooter or ballhanding skills of Smith.
nryanh94
Dunlow66
OT but needs to be seen

williewolf
Dunlow66 said:

williewolf said:

^ what about McDonald?.........is his game too similiar to Smith?
I love his game. Much stronger than Smith. Slasher and finisher. Not the shooter or ballhanding skills of Smith.
i meant' would NCSU use slots for both do you think or need to diversify across positions/size with those limited scholarships?
Packfan8

Never really recruited him but his brother Trey is at Pitt and was heavily recruited by keatts.
WolfpackSI
Wendell Moore hits the game winning putback for Duke last night. Watching Dukes team really sucks this year because Joey Baker and Wendell Moore are two guys I really wanted
Packamylase
This thread is depressing, reading back on all the old recruits that either left us at the altar or after the honeymoon.
Dunlow66
Corey Evans
@coreyevans_10

1h
Big weekend for Virginia Tech as they bring to campus Rivals150 forward David N'Guessan and four-star junior Carter Whitt for official visits
ClePack
Packamylase said:

This thread is depressing, reading back on all the old recruits that either left us at the altar or after the honeymoon.
How about we flip it a little bit.

Ian Steere was suspended indefinitely by St. John's yesterday. He "Failed to meet the standards set by the program." Dodged a bullet.
Dunlow66
Dunlow66 said:

Corey Evans
@coreyevans_10

1h
Big weekend for Virginia Tech as they bring to campus Rivals150 forward David N'Guessan and four-star junior Carter Whitt for official visits
I've heard we are out of this one.

OV's to BC, Nebraska and Indiana. Now Va Tech.
duran_duran
Heard from a friend that DSJ was on campus today
Packfan8
New transfer rules will likely be in place for this offseason. Jayden Gardner I'm talking to you
nryanh94

Big time prospect out of Durham. Was top 25 before he tore his acl
Andrew4343
Keatts at leesville tonight. Watching his son for sure. Think he's recruiting Whitt still?
nryanh94
Andrew4343 said:

Keatts at leesville tonight. Watching his son for sure. Think he's recruiting Whitt still?

Doubt it, maybe McDonald
WolfpackSI
Does Keatts jr play at Leesville? I live close by. Wonder if I live near Keatts! I'll keep an eye out at the local HT
nryanh94
WolfpackSI said:

Does Keatts jr play at Leesville? I live close by. Wonder if I live near Keatts! I'll keep an eye out at the local HT

KJ plays for Broughton
metcalfmafia
Keatts lives in Holly Springs.
Dunlow66
Packfan8 said:

New transfer rules will likely be in place for this offseason. Jayden Gardner I'm talking to you
He would look ' Damn Good ' in Red and White
Dunlow66
as far as the potential new rule....

Division I athletes in all sports could transfer once and be immediately eligible if the Division I council adopts an idea being considered by the Transfer Waiver Working Group.

The NCAA announced Tuesday that the concept would allow approval for all first-time transfers from four-year schools, provided they:

--Receive a transfer release from their previous school.

--Leave their previous school academically eligible.

--Maintain their academic progress at the new school.

--Leave under no disciplinary suspension.

Those transfer rules are in place for undergraduates in all sports except football, men's and women's basketball, baseball and men's ice hockey. In those sports, a transfer must sit out a year, unless receiving a waiver from the NCAA for immediate eligibility.

The proposal to switch the rules for all sports could go up for vote at the Council's meeting in April, with the new transfer criteria in place for the 2020-21 school year.
oceanclub
Bad rule. Wait until the Alabamas or Clemsons starting actively recruiting other players. Sam Howell, you want to transfer and play next fall with a legitimate chance to win the National Championship?

Dunlow66
oceanclub said:

Bad rule. Wait until the Alabamas or Clemsons starting actively recruiting other players. Sam Howell, you want to transfer and play next fall with a legitimate chance to win the National Championship?

If players want to be there, then they can go

But everytime they Bamas or Clemsons recruit a player, one of theirs will be going elsewhere with a chip on his shoulder.

Just look at who won the Heisman and National Championship this year. A QB with a chip on his shoulder for OSU.

Jaylen Hurts kicked a lot of ass himself as a Bama transfer wtih OU.
oceanclub
I understand, but free agency will make the rich get richer in my opinion.
ClePack
Packfan8 said:

Oh my god what i'd give for this...
Packfan8
ClePack said:

Packfan8 said:

Oh my god what i'd give for this...

He's averaging 20 points and 9.6 rebounds a game in the American. Would love to get the local kid back
James Henderson
Staff
I don't know how well Gardner would do each night in the ACC. He's featured in a big way at ECU.
nryanh94
Brendan Bailey would make for a nice little role player
Dunlow66
James Henderson said:

I don't know how well Gardner would do each night in the ACC. He's featured in a big way at ECU.
The American is better than the Colonial and Bryce made the transition as did Torin Dorn from CUSA
Packfan8
Aj Thompson might be a guy to watch for. He's going to cape fear community college next year but has been at nc state with many of the current players lately. Maybe a walk-on candidate, 6'4" pg
ge_traveler
Not that it's recruiting related but it does concern next year's team, but has there been any new information on Seabron or Atticus at this point?
Dunlow66
ge_traveler said:

Not that it's recruiting related but it does concern next year's team, but has there been any new information on Seabron or Atticus at this point?
Nothing I've heard.

I would be a bit surprised if both are here next season. Not sure Taylor is ACC level(or even healthy). Seabron can help us if he has his academics in order.
Dunlow66
Trent Markwith
@TMarkwith14

11h
2/21 Nightly Notables for
@TBS_Athletics
vs. Greenfield (90-82 W):
Mylyjael Poteat-21P 9R

Kuluel Mading-16P 10R 8B
Dunlow66
Trent Markwith
@TMarkwith14

11h
Kuluel Mading's lone HM offer is from Clemson, but that should change very soon. He put up a near triple-double with blocks tonight against Greenfield. Mading has tremendous running & leaping ability at 6'9" to go along with a high motor, good touch, and nice intangibles.
Packfan8
nryanh94
Packfan8 said:

Interesting, kid played at Christ School with Lecque and is now at Hargrave
First Page Last Page
Page 267 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.