Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,224,467 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by SM1987
WolfpackSI
How long do you want to ignore this user?
gopack_83 said:

I think Dereon could start out with ball handling duties:
- Seabron
- Beverly
- Daniels
- Hellems
- Fundy (hopefully)
Are there rumours that DJ is gonna transfer? Why do people keep saying hopefully?

If I had to guess: Seabron, Thomas, Hall, Hellems, DJ

Bates, DD, Bev, Cam, Shak, Farrar off the bench and Ebenezer Redshirts his first year.
Packfan8
2021 rivals rankings updated: T Smith 133, Matthew Cleveland 40, wheeler 41, Quincy Allen 48, styles 59, whitt 64
wolfpacker7
Packfan8 said:

2021 rivals rankings updated: T Smith 133, Matthew Cleveland 40, wheeler 41, Quincy Allen 48, styles 59, whitt 64
Wow, UNC goes to watch and what do ya know? (Obviously kidding, he's a great player) (Not completely kidding, though)
TopsailWolf
Somebody has to run the point.
gopack_83
WolfpackSI said:

gopack_83 said:

- Seabron
- Beverly
- Daniels
- Hellems
- Fundy (hopefully)
Are there rumours that DJ is gonna transfer? Why do people keep saying hopefully?

Bates, DD, Bev, Cam, Shak, Farrar off the bench and Ebenezer Redshirts his first year.

I'm not concerned about transferring I'm talking more about him potentially exploring his professional basketball opportunities
turbosyco
yeah DJ will probably move on due to age like Lacy did.
IseWolf22
WolfpackSI said:

gopack_83 said:

- Seabron
- Beverly
- Daniels
- Hellems
- Fundy (hopefully)

There is a surprise departure every year. There will be one this year. People are just speculating on who it could be
ClePack
Think the fundy stuff is mainly due to him playing very well this year and potentially going to play for money. He is also already senior age, I think? Didn't he sit out a year?
turbosyco
he'll be 23 in April
Bulldogwolf27
Plus Markell is clearly his best friend on the team. Being old, having your best year and losing your best friends to graduation maybe enough to tempt him to leave.
Pack13
Styles is a must have for 2021. He's perfect for the undersized four we play. Fluid athlete who can shoot from 3 and put it on the floor and pull up or get to the hoop. Also an underrated passer, he even played some point last night. Losing him to UNC or any of the other big boys who come calling would be unfortunate.
As for Hall, I don't see how you keep him off the floor next year as a starter. He has a skill set that we just don't have at his size and length.
Dunlow66
Rumor is Styles really wants that UNC offer.
ClePack
Dunlow66 said:

Rumor is Styles really wants that UNC offer.
Yeah, he's gone
ClePack
turbosyco said:

he'll be 23 in April

That's REALLY old for a college player. I'd assume we go into next season assuming he's gone. HOPEFULLY he told keatts, so we can use that last scholly instead of wasting it like we've done so much of in keatts' first two classes.
wufpack7
A Kinston kid wants to go to UNC? I'm shocked ..... said no one ever. The only two actual questions are: Will he get the offer, or will Roy go after higher ranked guys first? And, how much time and energy should we expend on the hope that UNC doesn't offer? I absolutely 100% would not hold off on offering any other good players based on that hope.
Acb0110
ClePack said:

turbosyco said:

he'll be 23 in April

That's REALLY old for a college player. I'd assume we go into next season assuming he's gone. HOPEFULLY he told keatts, so we can use that last scholly instead of wasting it like we've done so much of in keatts' first two classes.

If we have an extra scholly open, it is my understanding that we will move the self imposed scholarship ban up by 1 year. I doubt DJ is the only one leaving after this year, if he does decide to move on. I have no inside info, just based on the past, I would expect 1-2 on this current roster to be gone and KK to bring in a transfer.
TopsailWolf
If we can't pull a kid out of Kinston with an all black staff, I doubt it's ever in the cards. Just reality. Too much Carolina blue in that town.
Dunlow66
OT

Congrats to Bam Adebayo and Brandon Ingram for being named NBA All Stars.

I remember quite a few spirited debates with James on PP about both kids as high schoolers.

I probably watched Bam more than any HS recruit over the last 10 years. I could see he had legit NBA potential even as a freshman but what really impressed me was how he came back each year bigger and better. Never stopped working.

We had fun discussing Bam vs DSJ. Which one was going to be the better player.

Ingram has exceeded even my expectations. I thought he had great potential and he has proven that and more.

Love it when kids from Eastern NC make it big....and Montrezl Harrell had a real shot at making the team. Maybe next year.
ClePack
Acb0110 said:

ClePack said:

turbosyco said:

he'll be 23 in April

If we have an extra scholly open, it is my understanding that we will move the self imposed scholarship ban up by 1 year. I doubt DJ is the only one leaving after this year, if he does decide to move on. I have no inside info, just based on the past, I would expect 1-2 on this current roster to be gone and KK to bring in a transfer.
woah, had no idea this was in the works. You gotta think that ruling is coming down soon, right? A scholly reduction should satisfy their needs, i'd think.
Jwhogan
ClePack said:

Acb0110 said:

ClePack said:

turbosyco said:

he'll be 23 in April

woah, had no idea this was in the works. You gotta think that ruling is coming down soon, right? A scholly reduction should satisfy their needs, i'd think.
The wording of the self impose penalties was a scholarship for the 21-22 season, unless one becomes available sooner.

Meaning if someone leaves, we can't/won't fill the spot.
Dunlow66
Jwhogan said:

ClePack said:

Acb0110 said:

ClePack said:

turbosyco said:

he'll be 23 in April

The wording of the self impose penalties was a scholarship for the 21-22 season, unless one becomes available sooner.

I wouldnt be surprised to see more than one spot open up.
metcalfmafia
Hoop State Network on Youtube is having a stream of the Millbrook vs Leesville game tonight. Link hasn't been posted yet.

Millbrook has a really good squad led by Juniors Eric van der Heijden and Will Felton as well as Senior Jalen McCoy.

Leesville has Carter Whitt and high flyer Jalen McDonald. Should be a fun one.
Dunlow66
metcalfmafia said:

Hoop State Network on Youtube is having a stream of the Millbrook vs Leesville game tonight. Link hasn't been posted yet.

Millbrook has a really good squad led by Juniors Eric van der Heijden and Will Felton as well as Senior Jalen McCoy.

Leesville has Carter Whitt and high flyer Jalen McDonald. Should be a fun one.
Van Der Heigden is starting to get some national attention as a recruit.

Felton also looks to be on the rise
Packfan8
FlockaWolf
Hope we pursue Eric van der Heijden hard. I'm tired of seeing us without shooters on the team. The more shooters, the less 4 minute droughts we will see imo.
Packfan8
metcalfmafia
Man. Van Der Heijden is legit.
MarOdoxPhoenician7
He reminds me of one of those tall white deadly three point shooters that would go to Iowa
duran_duran
Jwhogan said:

ClePack said:

Acb0110 said:

ClePack said:

turbosyco said:

he'll be 23 in April

My understanding was we would not self impose those penalties unless the NCAA conceded that they were sufficient and dropped the allegations of a level 1 violation. Given that the NCAA loves to do things in the most difficult way possible, I'd expect this to drag out and those penalties to not be in effect by next season.
Frankcal20
I don't follow college basketball recruiting. What's the thoughts on the kid Carter Whitt? He basically did almost everything for Leesville (I think) except hit some much needed free throws in OT. But, from a ball handling standpoint, dribble penetration, etc, he seems to be pretty good. Again, this is coming from someone who doesn't follow this at all so excuse me if he's considered an average guy or already committed elsewhere.
Packfan8
Frankcal20 said:

I don't follow college basketball recruiting. What's the thoughts on the kid Carter Whitt? He basically did almost everything for Leesville (I think) except hit some much needed free throws in OT. But, from a ball handling standpoint, dribble penetration, etc, he seems to be pretty good. Again, this is coming from someone who doesn't follow this at all so excuse me if he's considered an average guy or already committed elsewhere.

He's good very good, we have offered a scholarship but not sure what's the latest on him. I think he's visiting Nebraska soon
WolfpackSI
Packfan8 said:

Frankcal20 said:

He's good very good, we have offered a scholarship but not sure what's the latest on him. I think he's visiting Nebraska soon

We need Thomas Allen in his ear telling him that Nebraska aint nothin but cornfields
WolfpackSI
MarOdoxPhoenician7 said:

He reminds me of one of those tall white deadly three point shooters that would go to Iowa

I think you spelled Duke wrong
nryanh94
WolfpackSI said:

MarOdoxPhoenician7 said:

I think you spelled Duke wrong

When is the last time you watched duke lol
Dunlow66
Frankcal20 said:

Latest rumor has him looking elsewhere.
First Page Last Page
Page 265 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.