Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,220,114 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by SM1987
vtyler98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Dunlow66 said:

I still think Moore is a great fit for our style of play. His arms are long and his hands are so active. He is a damn pest on Defense and can really, really get up and finish on fast breaks. Mentally and physically tough. His improved outside shot is just icing on the cake. Plays bigger and stronger than he looks.

How soon do you think he will be deciding, and what are our chances with him? Would be great to get Hall and Moore.
WolfpackSI
Dunlow66 said:

WolfpackSI said:

Did Strutt do something? I mean sure he was annoying but wasn't malignant.
I think it was on the Premium side.

Actually, IMO, James gave Stutter plenty of leeway on multiple post. Some were edited or deleted. Strutter earned it. Trust me.
ahh gotcha..well, c ya!

Can't wait to not be a poor grad student so I can join you guys on the dark side! lol
nryanh94
Packfan8
nryanh94 said:

I can't remember but I think he personally told someone that Louisville was out a few weeks ago
nryanh94
Think it's a more hats on the table kinda thing
Dunlow66
nryanh94 said:

and no Memphis. Never thought they were really in it.
PicklePacker
I personally think Keatts has had a silent verbal from Hall since his visit or immediately following the visit. That's just my guess. the lure of him staying home where his dad can continue to be there with him every step of the way was too much to turn down. And i think Keatts put one hell of a sales pitch on them. I just hope there are no last minute shenanigans pulled to lure him away.
Dunlow66
PicklePacker said:

I personally think Keatts has had a silent verbal from Hall since his visit or immediately following the visit. That's just my guess. the lure of him staying home where his dad can continue to be there with him every step of the way was too much to turn down. And i think Keatts put one hell of a sales pitch on them. I just hope there are no last minute shenanigans pulled to lure him away.
There is a reason I havent wavered in my opinion on Hall and NC State since the visit..

Of course things happen unexpectedly all the time.. I think Nickelberry also silently committed last recruiting cycle but ened up at Louisville.
Dunlow66
PicklePacker
Hall reminds me of Julius Hodge. Maybe not so much their games, but their personalities. Hodge was mouthy, cocky, and played with swagger and confidence. I see that with Hall. I always felt like Hodge wasn't the most gifted athlete or shooter but his confidence and competitive nature made him a great college player. I hope Hall can be as confident as Hodge was in college.
Dunlow66
PicklePacker said:

Hall reminds me of Julius Hodge. Maybe not so much their games, but their personalities. Hodge was mouthy, cocky, and played with swagger and confidence. I see that with Hall. I always felt like Hodge wasn't the most gifted athlete or shooter but his confidence and competitive nature made him a great college player. I hope Hall can be as confident as Hodge was in college.
I would imagine having a dad like Quincy has something to do with it.

I mean when Pops is 7foot and LOVES both the game and the 'chatter' that goes with it.....you develop a certain attitude. I love a kid who wants it and has a true passion for the game.
Dunlow66
nryanh94 said:

It's Depaul or State
WolfpackSI
Dunlow66 said:

PicklePacker said:

I would imagine having a dad like Quincy has something to do with it.

I mean when Pops is 7foot and LOVES both the game and the 'chatter' that goes with it.....you develop a certain attitude. I love a kid who wants it and has a true passion for the game.

Whats Quincy's background? Is he big in the NC bball scene?
nryanh94
FWIW, there was a post on the depaul forum that was promptly deleted by the mods; and it was very promising for us regarding Hall
Packfan8
I've seen that Farrar and Ebenezer are signing this week any word on when hayes signs?
Dunlow66
nryanh94 said:

FWIW, there was a post on the depaul forum that was promptly deleted by the mods; and it was very promising for us regarding Hall
I think those guys were fooling themselves. I dont think it was going to be Depaul even if it wasnt NC State.
Dunlow66
Love to see Shakeel Moore pop up on campus sometime this weekend.....
gopack_83
Why is Moore so underrated as a recruit? His shooting has improved and he has 5 star defensive ability
Dunlow66
gopack_83 said:

Why is Moore so underrated as a recruit? His shooting has improved and he has 5 star defensive ability
Looks like he may get a bump in the next rankings. I think transfering to Moravian is helping.
Dunlow66
Dunlow66 said:

nryanh94 said:

It's Depaul or State
one team race.
ge_traveler
Dunlow66 said:

Dunlow66 said:

nryanh94 said:

It's Depaul or State
one team race.

Don't play with us Dun
BigRedPack93
Dunlow66 said:

Man, I want Moore almost as bad as Hall. That dude can ball.
braz213
If we get both I'll be as excited as I've ever been for state b-ball
Acb0110
I'm greedy. I want Moore and Ambrose Hylton to compliment Hall. Get it done KK!!
Packfan8
Hayes signs tomorrow
WolfpackSI
Acb0110 said:

I'm greedy. I want Moore and Ambrose Hylton to compliment Hall. Get it done KK!!

Who you taking a scholly away from?
Acb0110
WolfpackSI said:

Acb0110 said:

No one. There's always attrition. There will be atleast 1, meaning we will have an opening. I say you take em and let the numbers work out later.
Law of the Wolf
Unfortunately, you just can't do that and take that chance unless you have really good info then that another scholarship will open up. Plus, not sure it is a great idea to have that many players in one class. Better to spread the talent and development out some. There is no way to keep 6 players happy in one class.
WolfpackSI
Acb0110 said:

WolfpackSI said:

Acb0110 said:

No one. There's always attrition. There will be atleast 1, meaning we will have an opening. I say you take em and let the numbers work out later.
aaand what do you do if that doesn't always happen?
ClePack
Law of the Wolf said:

Unfortunately, you just can't do that and take that chance unless you have really good info then that another scholarship will open up. Plus, not sure it is a great idea to have that many players in one class. Better to spread the talent and development out some. There is no way to keep 6 players happy in one class.
Speaking of which; let's pretend we do land Hall and Moore.

Hall
Moore
Hayes
Duwana
Farrar
Seabron
Allen

That's basically our recruiting class for next season. Wow.
Packfan8
ClePack said:

Law of the Wolf said:

Speaking of which; let's pretend we do land Hall and Moore.

Hall
Moore
Hayes
Duwana
Farrar
Seabron
Allen

That's basically our recruiting class for next season. Wow.

That's a huge class, would still love to have ebe redshirt next season unless absolutely necessary and maybe Farrar depending on what shape he's in
Packfan8
Assuming that everyone stays and hall and Moore come in we will once again be experienced, Daniels, funderburk, Beverly being seniors, Hellems, Taylor, and Allen being juniors who all have been in the program at least a year, then manny batts, and all of those talented freshman. It would be good to spread one or two of those scholarships out a year by redshirting. I love how keatts has set this team up for each season to be old and stay old and if we lose players he has no problem adding experienced players.
ge_traveler
Man, when you look at that list, it is hard to imagine how good that team could be. If they are willing to buy into the process and a few of them redshirt, it will be pretty amazing. Spreading those guys out over a few years will be fun to watch.
BLEEDPACKRED
People let's stay focused!!! What About Hall?? Any new news?
Dunlow66
BLEEDPACKRED said:

People let's stay focused!!! What About Hall?? Any new news?
still expecting something to be announced this weekend.
First Page Last Page
Page 250 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.