Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,221,511 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by SM1987
WolfpackSI
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I still think we will have a good year. Bates, Andrees, and Hellems all looked pretty legit in the gt game. CJ Bryce looks in midseason form and DD looked good minus the bonehead play at the end. Still think we are a tournament team
ClePack
Struttingwolf96 said:

Don't think Seabron will ever play at State.
Unfortunately, I agree. Which is why we should probably just assume we'll have an extra scholly available
Dunlow66
Jamie Shaw
@JamieShaw5
Can go ahead and start calling for 4th Quarter, Josh Hall time ... last night & today, making big play after big play for

Dunlow66
@CoachAntonioLow: Good win to open the season -Josh Hall led with 20pts 5rebs -Shakeel Moore 16pts 7stls -
Packfan8
Dunlow66 said:

@CoachAntonioLow: Good win to open the season -Josh Hall led with 20pts 5rebs -Shakeel Moore 16pts 7stls -

Can we just brand Moravian as our jv team???
wufpack7
ClePack said:

Struttingwolf96 said:

Unfortunately, I agree. Which is why we should probably just assume we'll have an extra scholly available
Unless you're aware of some circumstances that haven't been made public, I think that's a pretty big leap. If he never got admitted I'd be more inclined to lean that way, but once a guy is in school it's a lot easier to keep them eligible by managing course loads and with tutor help. There have been tons of guys that barely qualified (and even plenty that didn't qualify and had to go JUCO or whatever), who made it an entire career without academic troubles.
WolfpackSI
wufpack7 said:

ClePack said:

Struttingwolf96 said:

Unless you're aware of some circumstances that haven't been made public, I think that's a pretty big leap. If he never got admitted I'd be more inclined to lean that way, but once a guy is in school it's a lot easier to keep them eligible by managing course loads and with tutor help. There have been tons of guys that barely qualified (and even plenty that didn't qualify and had to go JUCO or whatever), who made it an entire career without academic troubles.

Dereon had a whole year to get his grades in order at prep school and still has to take a academic redshirt year. That is at the very least extremely concerning. I hope it works out though. I just hope its not a situation similar to Markell where we are waiting til final grades come in to see if he can play.
wufpack7
Unless he didn't graduate as a senior, I'm pretty sure he didn't "have a year to get his grades in order." Once you graduate, your grades are locked in. You can improve test scores, but you can't go back and replace your high school grades once you've graduated, unless the rules have changed. IIRC, that's why Zo Brown chose not to graduate when he didn't qualify so he would be able to replace grades at prep school. That's what's been so weird about this whole situation. Typically a kid wouldn't even be admitted if he didn't meet the minimum standards. Tremain Hall had a test score disallowed after being in school for a summer session, and he was forced to leave and go to JUCO for a year because he hadn't qualified, retroactively.

No one who knows anything about Seabron's situation is talking about specifics. I've seen tons of speculation about "Oh, he must not have done this", or "This must have happened", but personally I don't think it's as simple as people are assuming it is because of the incredibly strange way that it's been handled. If it were as simple as his grades not being good enough, or his test score not being high enough, he would not be on campus.
Bulldogwolf27
He graduated from lake Taylor high school. So I believe he had the course work, but not a high enough gpa. This has happened to Omari spellman at Villanova. Lander Nolley at Virginia tech. Two really recent guys that I know had similar things happen to them after being clear to get into their universities.
Packfan8
wufpack7
Jaywolf27 said:

He graduated from lake Taylor high school. So I believe he had the course work, but not a high enough gpa. This has happened to Omari spellman at Villanova. Lander Nolley at Virginia tech. Two really recent guys that I know had similar things happen to them after being clear to get into their universities.
That's the most definitive-sounding answer I've seen in the half a year this issue has been rumored about. AND it totally fits with the "new" qualifying standards (new, meaning they're about 5 years old, but I hadn't looked at them until now). But that begs the question, what the heck were we appealing and why did we think it had a chance of succeeding? Those rules have a GPA range where you can be admitted into school but you have to redshirt for a year, just like he's doing. Were we trying to have his prep school grades replace his high school grades, with some accompanying reason? Were we just hoping the NCAA would be nice to us?
1985 NCSU Grad
The appeal was to do with certain things that came to light over time. Not that simple - there are multiple reasons you can appeal..that is what the appeal process is for... Seabron is ok. Doing well so far, just did not put forth the effort in high school needed to excel at the level needed to be eligible. The thing is - high school does not indicate how someone will do in college. No need to assume anything except that he is in school and working hard to make grades and get stronger and better on and off the court.
nryanh94
This thread just became so much better.
HungryWolf92
????
nryanh94
HungryWolf92 said:

????

James banned Strutter
nryanh94

Think depaul is going to be tougher competition than we think
Bulldogwolf27
I hate to say, this but I'm glad to see him go. Too much negativity all the time. I know I'm a glass half full time of fan. But I couldn't even ignore him with out him still taking over a thread
duran_duran
nryanh94 said:

HungryWolf92 said:

????

James banned Strutter
And there was much rejoicing
oceanclub
A lot at stake in this recruiting battle. Can not lose two NC kids to Depaul.
WolfpackSI
Did Strutt do something? I mean sure he was annoying but wasn't malignant.
WolfpackSI
oceanclub said:

A lot at stake in this recruiting battle. Can not lose two NC kids to Depaul.

Ya agreed, that would truly be a point of concern for us. Especially since we've been on Hall for so long.
BigRedPack93
Dun you mentioned a rumor the other day that Moore was going to schedule an OV to state. Any movement on that front and are you still confident we get both Hall and Moore?
Acb0110
We're not losing anyone to DePaul, unless DePaul pays the recruits large sums of cash, which they are known for. Who in their right mind would want to go to that crap hole of a school? I think this is all pomp and circumstance at this point. Announcements will hopefully come soon.
Dunlow66
WolfpackSI said:

I think it was on the Premium side.

Actually, IMO, James gave Stutter plenty of leeway on multiple post. Some were edited or deleted. Strutter earned it. Trust me.
Dunlow66
Hearing a decision from Josh Hall will be soon. Some think it will be the 15th
Packfan8
Dunlow66 said:

WolfpackSI said:

I think it was on the Premium side.

Actually, IMO, James gave Stutter plenty of leeway on multiple post. Some were edited or deleted. Strutter earned it. Trust me.

Damn I guess we're going to need someone else to cry about the watch list lol
nryanh94
Dunlow66 said:

What're you hearing? DePaul board seems somewhat hopeful
Dunlow66
nryanh94 said:

Dunlow66 said:

What're you hearing? DePaul board seems somewhat hopeful
It would surprise me if it were DePaul. I still think he is going to NC State.
Packfan8
Dunlow66 said:

A decision Friday in Raleigh.... this could be huge or a very bad thing
nryanh94
FWIW, Hall has deleted all his OV posts on Instagram
Packfan8
"NC STATE

Kevin Keatts has already put together a fairly decent 2020 class, but there is still more work to be done. Shakeel Moore has been an often-discussed NC State lean in recent weeks and while Providence garnered most of the talk throughout the fall, the Wolfpack might be able to nudge Moore into signing sometime this week.

They would love for his school teammate, Josh Hall, to do the same. DePaul is one to watch but all signs point towards Hall signing with NC State in the coming days. Finally, Keon Ambrose-Hylton is set to commit on Sunday and while Hall and the Canadian are comparable to some degree, Keatts would love nothing more than pair the two together next season."
Corey Evans
Packfan8
Halls father did retweet keatts post game comments to the team last night
Dunlow66
Packfan8 said:

"NC STATE

Kevin Keatts has already put together a fairly decent 2020 class, but there is still more work to be done. Shakeel Moore has been an often-discussed NC State lean in recent weeks and while Providence garnered most of the talk throughout the fall, the Wolfpack might be able to nudge Moore into signing sometime this week.

They would love for his school teammate, Josh Hall, to do the same. DePaul is one to watch but all signs point towards Hall signing with NC State in the coming days. Finally, Keon Ambrose-Hylton is set to commit on Sunday and while Hall and the Canadian are comparable to some degree, Keatts would love nothing more than pair the two together next season."
Corey Evans
Corey is also projecting Ambrose to Bama.
Dunlow66
I still think Moore is a great fit for our style of play. His arms are long and his hands are so active. He is a damn pest on Defense and can really, really get up and finish on fast breaks. Mentally and physically tough. His improved outside shot is just icing on the cake. Plays bigger and stronger than he looks.

nryanh94
I could very easily be missing someone, but the only official team account I can see that Hall follows on Instagram is ours
First Page Last Page
Page 249 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.