Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,198,129 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by SM1987
Packfan8
How long do you want to ignore this user?
PicklePacker
I REALLLY want Shakeel Moore.
wolfpackjb
No clue why Moore isn't ranked higher. He's a monster!
Wolfblood
What am I missing on Josh Hall's ranking in the 2020 class? Are there really 40 or 50 players that are better prospects than Hall?
wolfpackjb
Wolfblood said:

What am I missing on Josh Hall's ranking in the 2020 class? Are there really 40 or 50 players that are better prospects than Hall?

Also, this! Not sure why both of these guys aren't higher.
ge_traveler
Wolfblood said:

No, he is considering NC State so it automatically adjusts his ranking 20-25 points.

j/k....well not really
Dunlow66
ge_traveler said:

Wolfblood said:

No, he is considering NC State so it automatically adjusts his ranking 20-25 points.

j/k....well not really
I remember when Duke and Kentucky started recruiting Wenyen Gabriel. At the time, it looked like Bam Adebayo was coming to NC State.

Once the blue bloods targeted and offered Gabriel, he shot up in the rankings above Bam. I literally laughed out loud on that one. Gabriel wasnt in Bam's league at all and it was obvious both at the time and by looking at their respective careers at this point.

But once those offers come from the right programs, kids who are lower ranked seem to get a boost while others who have been consistent drop.
ge_traveler
Dunlow66 said:

ge_traveler said:

Wolfblood said:

j/k....well not really
I remember when Duke and Kentucky started recruiting Wenyen Gabriel. At the time, it looked like Bam Adebayo was coming to NC State.

Once the blue bloods targeted and offered Gabriel, he shot up in the rankings above Bam. I literally laughed out loud on that one. Gabriel wasnt in Bam's league at all and it was obvious both at the time and by looking at their respective careers at this point.

But once those offers come from the right programs, kids who are lower ranked seem to get a boost while others who have been consistent drop.
Exactly....you can see it happen
ge_traveler
Come on Pickle, whatcha got?....we don't have any finger nails left
PicklePacker
Nothing right now man. Sorry. I try to limit how much I worry them. Personally, the longer we don't hear anything in terms of an announcement, the more I worry. If it was a done deal, why not go ahead and announce a date?
Packfan8
PicklePacker said:

Nothing right now man. Sorry. I try to limit how much I worry them. Personally, the longer we don't hear anything in terms of an announcement, the more I worry. If it was a done deal, why not go ahead and announce a date?
the more he waits and doesn't schedule visits the better I feel
nryanh94
PicklePacker said:

When these things go quiet it's often not good. I'm cautiously optimistic though based off what you and Dunlow have said
ge_traveler
PicklePacker said:

Yep, just messing with ya. I'm like you, wouldn't want to ask them too much too often and cause them to start getting aggravated.
dogplasma
Agreed. You can continue to stand in their front porch in your NC State gear but don't ring the doorbell too often.
Dunlow66
Packfan8 said:

PicklePacker said:

the more he waits and doesn't schedule visits the better I feel
Thats what I think as well. IMO, they have likely made a decision and if there are no more visits, I really like our chances.
Struttingwolf96
Now that would be great if all 3 KAH, Hall, & Moore commit to the Pack on the date Ambrose-Hylton does.

The Wolfpacker

@TheWolfpacker
Two of NC State's men's basketball recruiting targets, Josh Hall and Keon Ambrose-Hylton, will be playing each other Nov. 15 at Raleigh Ravenscroft, which is part of Friday's newsstand.
nryanh94
Struttingwolf96 said:

Now that would be great if all 3 KAH, Hall, & Moore commit to the Pack on the date Ambrose-Hylton does.

The Wolfpacker

@TheWolfpacker
Two of NC State's men's basketball recruiting targets, Josh Hall and Keon Ambrose-Hylton, will be playing each other Nov. 15 at Raleigh Ravenscroft, which is part of Friday's newsstand.

Whose scholarship you pulling?
ClePack
nryanh94 said:

Struttingwolf96 said:

The Wolfpacker

@TheWolfpacker

We should just always assume some unknown reason for a departure. Who knows, maybe funderburk leaves. Another transfer. anything
nryanh94
ClePack said:

nryanh94 said:

Struttingwolf96 said:

The Wolfpacker

@TheWolfpacker

We should just always assume some unknown reason for a departure. Who knows, maybe funderburk leaves. Another transfer. anything

Ok, if Keatts has an insight that someone is going to leave then that's fine, but you can't just over sign for the sake of it
PackFansXL
nryanh94 said:

ClePack said:

nryanh94 said:

Struttingwolf96 said:

The Wolfpacker

@TheWolfpacker

Ok, if Keatts has an insight that someone is going to leave then that's fine, but you can't just over sign for the sake of it
We aren't United and we don't give vouchers although we have experienced a few empty seats lately.
Dunlow66
Pretty sure it will be Hall OR Ambrose-Hylton...not AND
Dunlow66
nryanh94 said:

PicklePacker said:

When these things go quiet it's often not good. I'm cautiously optimistic though based off what you and Dunlow have said
I'm just not hearing a lot of Memphis buzz other than a few rumors that Penny might want Hall. Still think they have 'bigger fish to fry' right now.
WolfpackSI
nryanh94 said:

Struttingwolf96 said:

The Wolfpacker

@TheWolfpacker

At this point, I'll be a little surprised if we ever see Seabron play for state. Dude has a whole year to get his academics in order and still couldn't get things squared away. Doesn't sound very promising if you ask me...
Struttingwolf96
Don't think Seabron will ever play at State.
Dunlow66
[url=https://twitter.com/jakeweingarten][/url]

Virginia will host Top-25 junior Efton Reid for an official visit this weekend, a source told
@Stockrisers
. He took an unofficial visit on September 13th, Tony Bennett was in prior.
nryanh94
Struttingwolf96 said:

Ok, well Hylton is signing in 10 days and if we assume the 2 scholarships are going to Hall and Moore we currently don't have one for him. You can't offer up Seabron's scholarship off a hypothetical. He has a full year to get his grades in order
Dunlow66
nryanh94 said:

Struttingwolf96 said:

Ok, well Hylton is signing in 10 days and if we assume the 2 scholarships are going to Hall and Moore we currently don't have one for him. You can't offer up Seabron's scholarship off a hypothetical. He has a full year to get his grades in order
Still dont think Ambrose-Hylton would commit to State if we get Josh Hall, even if we had 4 open scholarships.
Struttingwolf96
You dont think that KAH could play at the 3 & Hall at the 2 if they were both to somehow commit to State?
ge_traveler
NCAA just ruled James Wiseman ineligible for Memphis
PicklePacker
ge_traveler said:

NCAA just ruled James Wiseman ineligible for Memphis
LOL. But he's playing tonight as a court reinstated him . THis mess is out of control. The NCAA has lost any bit of credibility it had. Teams just ignore them for the most part now.
1985 NCSU Grad
Seabron story is really not a big deal. It was kind of known in the beginning this could happen. We appealed and had a good case but not good enough to win. This gives him a chance to adjust and adapt to college while being able to retain 4 years of eligibility. It can be a good thing for him and his academic and athletic development.
nryanh94
Acb0110
I don't think I've wanted a player more than Josh Hall in a long time. This kid has STAR written all over him. This year, along with this next class could get state back to prominence!!
Dunlow66
1985 NCSU Grad said:

Seabron story is really not a big deal. It was kind of known in the beginning this could happen. We appealed and had a good case but not good enough to win. This gives him a chance to adjust and adapt to college while being able to retain 4 years of eligibility. It can be a good thing for him and his academic and athletic development.
But a bad thing for the team with Harris leaving unexpectedly.

We are now down to 10 scholarship players and two of those are not, IMO, really ready for the ACC.
PicklePacker
Yeah it would've been nice to know Harris was leaving so we coulda brought in another PG. I've already lowered my expectations for this season. Much of our success depends on two players that have serious question marks. Markell is injury prone and doesn't heal quickly along with his inconsistency issues. And then who knows whats gonna happen with Funderburk. Can he keep his nose clean for the remainder of the season?
First Page Last Page
Page 248 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.