Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,217,720 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by SM1987
Packfan8
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Jaywolf27 said:

nryanh94 said:

Packfan8 said:

Dunlow66 said:

So with Harris, Seabron and Allen, we have tied up 3 scholarships in players who will not play for us this season

and thanks to misses on guys like Lecque and SKJ, we are playing Danny Dixon and AJ Taylor who dont look like they are ACC material yet.

So that leaves us with 8 guys who, IMO are legit ACC players. *** happened to our depth needed to run Keatts system?

Very upset at the decision to bring Harris in last year and equally disappointed the staff didnt have another PG on the roster this year.

Chasing Lecque, signing Seabron and letting Harris BS us has hurt the program, IMO and I am a big Kevin Keatts fan. This looks bad, IMO.

Taking chances on SKJ and Fundy (players with known issues) also hurting us right now. At least Fundy has time to make up for it.

Endrant

I like seabron but I wish keatts would stop taking risks on players. I do feel however this class is much less risky other than hall

Is the nature of who Keatts is from Hargrave, but damn if he isn't 0 for 4 on it while at state. Seabron, Lecque, Harris, and SKJ have all bit him in the ass

I respect you and dunlow and what you guys bring to the board. But let's pump the breaks on seabron. Once Markell comes back, does he really get minutes this year. I think he could be a star for us next year. That's how much I love his game. I think once Markell comes back we won't really think about him redshirting.

I mean it does leave us with 10 players when fully healthy which doesn't seem like we'll play many games fully healthy.
Packfan8
Just hoping the state **** ends here and doesn't bite us in the ass with hall
Struttingwolf96
We have a disagreements, but I really like this side of you. Absolutely agree.
Struttingwolf96
This is the thing I was saying I didn't like about Keatts & his way of recruiting so far. He takes to many chances on kids, fine every once in a while, but bring in kids who want to come to State & QUALIFY. I hope the staff was still trying to get KAH to come to State on the 17th & didn't back off because of Hall. If Keatts could bring him in cause more than likely Seabron will never get work done in the class room if he couldn't get it done in prep school he could have his scholly.
ge_traveler
Dunlow66 said:

So with Harris, Seabron and Allen, we have tied up 3 scholarships in players who will not play for us this season

and thanks to misses on guys like Lecque and SKJ, we are playing Danny Dixon and AJ Taylor who dont look like they are ACC material yet.

So that leaves us with 8 guys who, IMO are legit ACC players. *** happened to our depth needed to run Keatts system?

Very upset at the decision to bring Harris in last year and equally disappointed the staff didnt have another PG on the roster this year.

Chasing Lecque, signing Seabron and letting Harris BS us has hurt the program, IMO and I am a big Kevin Keatts fan. This looks bad, IMO.

Taking chances on SKJ and Fundy (players with known issues) also hurting us right now. At least Fundy has time to make up for it.

Endrant
I think we all feel the same Dun....just bad judgement calls.

Of all the ones listed above, I can deal with the Lecque choice. Keatts threw it out there and hoped for the best.

SKJ and Harris are the most disappointing ones....I never felt like they would last and both of those hurt us for the season they were here and for the next/current season. If kids have issues with loyalty, probably best to shy away from them. It ties up scholarships.

Fundy....let's just hope he gets his crap together and produces for us on the court. Same with Seabron, I haven't given up hope just yet because I like his game but damn, either put in the work or let's go ahead and move on.

I know Keatts is trying his best but we can't afford to have more than 1 "iffy" kid on the squad at a time.
WolfpackSI
I dont really get the hate on Seabron. Hes a freshman and some potential.

Hindsight is always 20/20 but SKJ and Harris both looked like good investments at the time. SKJ was a 5* and Harris was a 4* that fit what KK wanted to do defensively. I mean it sucks that it didn't work out. Harris waiting til right before the season starting really put us in a bad spot. We could have used the spot to go after Cone. Theres only so much that KK can control when Steere, KK, and Harris jump ship right before a season.

KK is still learning to recruit at this level. He will probably take less chances going forward.
HungryWolf92
Can someone please clarify the Seabron situation? We were waiting on a waiver for what exactly? His grades? I'm just confused as to why we found out yesterday.
WolfpackSI
HungryWolf92 said:

Can someone please clarify the Seabron situation? We were waiting on a waiver for what exactly? His grades? I'm just confused as to why we found out yesterday.

Damn didnt know he was having eligibility problems
HungryWolf92
Honestly I have no idea. Seeing as he's done for the year and is using an "academic redshirt" I assumed that was the case.
WolfpackSI
HungryWolf92 said:

Honestly I have no idea. Seeing as he's done for the year and is using an "academic redshirt" I assumed that was the case.

Yea I see that now. I thought he was just banged up and thats why he didnt dress. Man that really sucks
nryanh94
From Corey Evans:

I placed my FutureCast selection for Keon Ambrose-Hylton last week in favor for the Alabama Crimson Tide. Ambrose-Hylton has completed his official visits and is considering Nate Oats' program, along with Arkansas, Dayton, NC State and USC.

Am I 100 percent confident in my pick of the Tide for the Canadian? No, but I am sure that a commitment will be made within the coming days and that a signing will take place next week. Each finalist has a chance with Ambrose-Hylton, but I would say that Alabama is the one program slightly out in front, with NC State not too far behind.

Also from Corey Evans responding to a question from Dunlow:

It sure can. Keep an eye on Josh Hall, because the five-star could be nearing his commitment. Alabama, DePaul and Louisville remain involved, but NC State has the greatest chance of landing Hall. The Wolfpack have invested a whole lot into his recruitment but, if there is one program to keep an eye on it is DePaul, which was the final program to host him for an official visit two weeks ago.

NC State already holds the commitment from top 50 guard Cam Hayes, but Shakeel Moore would seem to be his ideal complement in the backcourt. Moore is a quality scorer who would fit well alongside a high-level facilitator like Hayes. DePaul, Ole Miss and Providence are also involved, but the stars are aligning for the Moravian duo to continue on to NC State next season.
wolfpackjb
With everything else that is going on, it would be really nice to get some good news here soon.
Packfan8
wolfpackjb said:

With everything else that is going on, it would be really nice to get some good news here soon.

A 5 game win streak would do and maybe hall sprinkled in there. It might get those panicking after last night to be quiet lol
nryanh94
Packfan8 said:

wolfpackjb said:

A 5 game win streak would do and maybe hall sprinkled in there. It might get those panicking after last night to be quiet lol

**** that, we're beating Memphis and wiscy too
wolfpackjb
nryanh94 said:

Packfan8 said:

wolfpackjb said:

If all of that comes to pass, I believe the calendar will officially skip a few months and settle in the month of June!
wolfpackjb
Packfan8 said:

wolfpackjb said:

That would do it for them, until the next loss, and then the sky would be falling all over again.
Packfan8
nryanh94 said:

Packfan8 said:

wolfpackjb said:

I was settling for what we know will happen. But screw that we take uncg, auburn and wake too
nryanh94
Packfan8 said:

nryanh94 said:

Packfan8 said:

wolfpackjb said:

I was settling for what we know will happen. But screw that we take uncg, auburn and wake too

I agree with auburn and uncg, but I chalk wake up as a loss in every sport
PicklePacker
Packfan8 said:

wolfpackjb said:

I don't think it's so much panicking as it is disappointment. I know we'll be good with a full deck. But to blow a 15 point lead at home in a huge game just sucks dongs.
Bas2020
Anybody got opinions on ACC play theyve been able to watch thus far?

I dont see anybody that looks all that good outside of Louisville who looked really good.

VAT, Clemson, UNC, Duke have all taken a major step back.

Im assuming UVA will look like a shadow of themselves. Wake is still Wake.

BC actually looks better than last year.

This is a year to make some freaking noise if we are at full strength.
PackAlpha91
I think we can. Im not putting much stick at all into last night. Markell and Fundy change this team
WOLFDAC
Last night was one low Bball IQ mistake...at a extremely crucial time...up 1...in the double bonus...get a steal with 20 seconds on the clock...just a humbling learning experience that I hope Daniel's and the rest of the team take to heart for the rest of the season.
state95
nryanh94 said:

Packfan8 said:

Dunlow66 said:

Endrant

I like seabron but I wish keatts would stop taking risks on players. I do feel however this class is much less risky other than hall

Is the nature of who Keatts is from Hargrave, but damn if he isn't 0 for 4 on it while at state. Seabron, Lecque, Harris, and SKJ have all bit him in the ass

Don't forget about Steere
Packfan8
Not recruiting related but the whole opening the season with acc play was a mistake. Not a single team looks good except Louisville...
ClePack
Bas2020 said:

Anybody got opinions on ACC play theyve been able to watch thus far?

I dont see anybody that looks all that good outside of Louisville who looked really good.

VAT, Clemson, UNC, Duke have all taken a major step back.

Im assuming UVA will look like a shadow of themselves. Wake is still Wake.

BC acwe are not tually looks better than last year.

This is a year to make some freaking noise if we are at full strength.
Unfortunately we aren't at full strength and won't be due to not having a backup PG for the entire season.
OldTuffy
Virginia looks ridiculous Virginiany. They'll contend again.
PicklePacker
haven't our last 2 losses been due to low IQ plays at the end
WOLFDAC
Yes...I would agree they have in the last two GT games...and last years most likely kept us out of the Tourney
PicklePacker
actually i was referring to the Lipscomb loss. our last loss of last season.
ge_traveler
OldTuffy said:

Virginia looks ridiculous Virginiany. They'll contend again.

Low scoring game as always....not fun to watch
Dunlow66
Back to recruiting.

Dunlow66
and with Ambrose-Hilton announcing on the 17th.....I would not be surprised to see Hall anounce around that time as well.

Bama got the last visit and they have a coaching staff from Buffalo which would seem to help,IMO, in the recruitment of a Canadian player. One of their assistant coaches had some good AAU connections in the NE. Ambrose-Hylton is at a boarding school in Eastern Ohio now, originally from Hamilton, Ontario about an hour from Buffalo
ge_traveler
So if you were making a stab at it, you feel like Hall & Moore to NC State, Ambrose to Bama
Dunlow66
ge_traveler said:

So if you were making a stab at it, you feel like Hall & Moore to NC State, Ambrose to Bama
Depends on what 5star Isaiah Jackson does with regards to Ambrose and Bama. I dont know if they take both.

Jackson announces on the 16th and he could pick Bama
metcalfmafia
Looks like Josh has put on some muscle.
First Page Last Page
Page 247 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.