Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,223,956 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by SM1987
Packfan8
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Hall comes from an intelligent family and he himself has a 4.0 gpa
PackDaddy
Yes means yes...
PicklePacker
Moravian Prep's season started this week and they've got games every weekend for the next several weeks. He won't have a free weekend to do any visits for the next month or so. I guess he could do a visit during the week but he'll be missing practice and they do have games during the week as well. Hopefully he shuts it down and makes an announcement this week.
Dunlow66
jwpack said:

What percent chance do we have to sign Hall by himself.
Still think Hall picks State
TheStorm
PicklePacker said:

Moravian Prep's season started this week and they've got games every weekend for the next several weeks. He won't have a free weekend to do any visits for the next month or so. I guess he could do a visit during the week but he'll be missing practice and they do have games during the week as well. Hopefully he shuts it down and makes an announcement this week.
Where the hell do they play a home game? I've seen pictures of a Moravian Prep floor, in a crackerbox training center that eerily looks like the inside of the Neill Clark Rec Center where my son played indoor soccer in the winters - but no actual venue... any help here?
PicklePacker
TheStorm said:

PicklePacker said:

Where the hell do they play a home game? I've seen pictures of a Moravian Prep floor, in a crackerbox training center that eerily looks like the inside of the Neill Clark Rec Center where my son played indoor soccer in the winters - but no actual venue... any help here?

all i know is it says the gym is in Hudson NC
NCSU1995
PicklePacker said:

I guess he could do a visit during the week but he'll be missing practice and they do have games during the week ..."

If he does have a 4.0 and this is a legitimate educational institution, there may be concern amount missing actual class too.
nryanh94
NCSU1995 said:

PicklePacker said:

I guess he could do a visit during the week but he'll be missing practice and they do have games during the week ..."

If he does have a 4.0 and this is a legitimate educational institution, there may be concern amount missing actual class too.
it's all online classes. The only gap I see in the coming weeks in Hall's schedule is he doesn't have a game 11/10-11/14; and he can't visit Memphis then because they're on the road at Oregon on 11/12; his next such break is 11/17-11/21 so he could visit Memphis them. The problem there is that the last day of the early signing period (if he wanted to do so is 11/20. So he'd have to visit on the 17-19th and commit the next day that he's back home
Packfan8
nryanh94 said:

NCSU1995 said:

PicklePacker said:

it's all online classes. The only gap I see in the coming weeks in Hall's schedule is he doesn't have a game 11/10-11/14; and he can't visit Memphis then because they're on the road at Oregon on 11/12; his next such break is 11/17-11/21 so he could visit Memphis them. The problem there is that the last day of the early signing period (if he wanted to do so is 11/20. So he'd have to visit on the 17-19th and commit the next day that he's back home
like the way you think
PicklePacker
Yeah as much as they'd like to visit Penny, i just don't know that they'll get that chance now that their season has begun. Quincy is very involved with the program at Moravian so both he and Josh are locked into their season now. Don't look for Hall to make an announcement out of the blue. Theyre pretty big on generating exposure/press, so i expect in the coming days they'll release a commitment date and then build some hype around that event. It would be sweet to have both he and Moore commit at the same time.
ge_traveler
I find myself checking/refreshing this page constantly.....looking for Pickle to give us the good news
HungryWolf92
ge_traveler said:

I find myself checking/refreshing this page constantly.....looking for Pickle to give us the good news
Haha you aren't the only one!
Dunlow66
4 star PF Chris Moore to commit in the next couple of weeks. Likely going to Memphis.

Also dont be surprised to see 5star SF Greg Brown playing for Penny next year.

Still not sure Memphis is going to be a threat.

All signs pointing to Hall/NC State right now.
Dunlow66
OTA

break from the Hall recruitment to look at a kid who reminds me a lot of Josh Hall

Brandon Ingram scored 40 last night for the Pelicans and had 5 boards, 5 assist. Maybe the injury to Zion wasnt such a bad thing after all. Igram has to looked like a potential All Star.

ETA...Ky Bowman scored 19 for the Warriors.
ge_traveler
Dunlow66 said:

4 star PF Chris Moore to commit in the next couple of weeks. Likely going to Memphis.

With those two likely going to Memphis, that definitely helps us out with Hall.

You haven't swayed away from that standpoint either lately Dun, I like the sounds of that.
Packfan8
Any unofficial visitors tonight?
OldTuffy
I'll be there. Officially though.
Dunlow66
ge_traveler said:

Dunlow66 said:

You haven't swayed away from that standpoint either lately Dun, I like the sounds of that.
As we said a few days ago, Memphis also likely to land 5star SG Jalen Green.
nryanh94
Dunlow66 said:

ge_traveler said:

Dunlow66 said:

Problem is what if Brown and Green hold off to commit in the spring. Will Penny hold off and slow play Hall for them?
Dunlow66
nryanh94 said:

Dunlow66 said:

ge_traveler said:

Dunlow66 said:

Problem is what if Brown and Green hold off to commit in the spring. Will Penny hold off and slow play Hall for them?
Penny has not lost many of the 5stars he has targeted. I think he gets both guys...plus there are going to be some returning wings too. All those Memphis recruits are not definite 'one and done' like Wiseman.

Right now, I think Penny gets both those guys he is pushing for.
WolfpackSI
OldTuffy said:

I'll be there. Officially though.

You're ass better still be in my fridge when I get home!
PicklePacker
i wonder just how hard Memphis is recruiting Hall.. I don't get the feeling he's a high priority. I don't think Q Hall is the kinda guy that will wait around to see what happens with your other top choices. They know at State, Josh is top priority.
WolfpackSI
PicklePacker said:

i wonder just how hard Memphis is recruiting Hall.. I don't get the feeling he's a high priority. Q Hall is not the kinda guy that will wait around to see what happens with your other top choices. They know at State, Josh is top priority.

Ya they dont seem like the type of family to wait around. I feel like if one of the blue bloods swooped in then it might make things murky. Penny slow playing Josh doesnt really worry me that much. I think this family is tired of being overlooked.
nryanh94
Packfan8

Well damn you struck first again
Packfan8
Hayes eligible to play yet.....
Struttingwolf96
Looks like Cam Johnson's little brother SF Puff Johndon a rising top 50 SR. in 2020 will be headed to unc-cheat as well.
Struttingwolf96
God can only hope Hall commits to State & hopefully brings Shakeel Moore & Keon Ambrose-Hylton with him as well.
Struttingwolf96
Any chance State lands him over Ala., Ark, USC, & Dayton? What u think?
Dunlow66
So with Harris, Seabron and Allen, we have tied up 3 scholarships in players who will not play for us this season

and thanks to misses on guys like Lecque and SKJ, we are playing Danny Dixon and AJ Taylor who dont look like they are ACC material yet.

So that leaves us with 8 guys who, IMO are legit ACC players. *** happened to our depth needed to run Keatts system?

Very upset at the decision to bring Harris in last year and equally disappointed the staff didnt have another PG on the roster this year.

Chasing Lecque, signing Seabron and letting Harris BS us has hurt the program, IMO and I am a big Kevin Keatts fan. This looks bad, IMO.

Taking chances on SKJ and Fundy (players with known issues) also hurting us right now. At least Fundy has time to make up for it.

Endrant
Packfan8
Dunlow66 said:

So with Harris, Seabron and Allen, we have tied up 3 scholarships in players who will not play for us this season

and thanks to misses on guys like Lecque and SKJ, we are playing Danny Dixon and AJ Taylor who dont look like they are ACC material yet.

So that leaves us with 8 guys who, IMO are legit ACC players. *** happened to our depth needed to run Keatts system?

Very upset at the decision to bring Harris in last year and equally disappointed the staff didnt have another PG on the roster this year.

Chasing Lecque, signing Seabron and letting Harris BS us has hurt the program, IMO and I am a big Kevin Keatts fan. This looks bad, IMO.

Taking chances on SKJ and Fundy (players with known issues) also hurting us right now. At least Fundy has time to make up for it.

Endrant

I like seabron but I wish keatts would stop taking risks on players. I do feel however this class is much less risky other than hall
nryanh94
Packfan8 said:

Dunlow66 said:

Endrant

I like seabron but I wish keatts would stop taking risks on players. I do feel however this class is much less risky other than hall

Is the nature of who Keatts is from Hargrave, but damn if he isn't 0 for 4 on it while at state. Seabron, Lecque, Harris, and SKJ have all bit him in the ass
oceanclub
Dunlow speaks the truth. We could have had Batts but when harris came in - door was wider. All knew about seabron potential risk. Could we have used a reclassed moore or dotson? Made some poor judgment decisions.
Bulldogwolf27
nryanh94 said:

Packfan8 said:

Dunlow66 said:

Endrant

Is the nature of who Keatts is from Hargrave, but damn if he isn't 0 for 4 on it while at state. Seabron, Lecque, Harris, and SKJ have all bit him in the ass

I respect you and dunlow and what you guys bring to the board. But let's pump the breaks on seabron. Once Markell comes back, does he really get minutes this year. I think he could be a star for us next year. That's how much I love his game. I think once Markell comes back we won't really think about him redshirting.
nryanh94
Jaywolf27 said:

nryanh94 said:

Packfan8 said:

Dunlow66 said:

Endrant

I respect you and dunlow and what you guys bring to the board. But let's pump the breaks on seabron. Once Markell comes back, does he really get minutes this year. I think he could be a star for us next year. That's how much I love his game. I think once Markell comes back we won't really think about him redshirting.

Seabron would've likley gotten 10-15 minutes a game and be our back up pg this season; and I'm more concerned over the kid ever playing here at all. He couldn't get eligible even after a prep year, I'm not confident he can do so in college either
First Page Last Page
Page 246 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.