Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,224,415 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by SM1987
Dunlow66
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ClePack
Dunlow66 said:

To update something referenced earlier

NC State is recruiting Shakeel Moore again.
oh YES
Engineer97
Dunlow66 said:

Dun,

Could he get a ranking bump down the road?
TheStorm
Hey Dun! Where the hell is Moravian Prep located? I lived in Hickory up until 2012 and I've never even heard of it before this most recent recruiting cycle - and Google maps shows it being in about a 1500 SF unit of a strip mall. Anyone know what the deal is?

At least I've located that The Burlington School appears to be what used to be Burlington Day School and it has an actual campus and everything...
Dunlow66
Moravian does Online class work.

They cater to basketball players only and a lot of kids go there and reclassify. They put two kids in D1 last year and have a bunch of HM/MM talent now. Also play a national schedule.

Not sure about the schoolwork, but the Bball program has become a legit national level prep team
Dunlow66
Engineer97 said:

Dunlow66 said:

Dun,

Could he get a ranking bump down the road?
Some scouts just dont seem to like his game that much. We even had some NCSU guys who didnt think he was really ACC material until a few months ago.

I think he is going to be a very good college guard but some of his problems involve his outside shot as a Combo Guard and getting the ball to his teammates in the right spot as a PG.

His defense is legit. He thrives at creating turnovers and just being a pest to opponents PGs. Creates offense from his defense.

Seems like a great kid to pair up with two or three shooters(like Keatts runs) and let him take on the tougher defensive assignment.
Dunlow66
Dunlow66
Not recruiting related...but just wanted to pass along that both Ky Bowman and Chris Clemons made NBA rosters this year.

and Devonte Graham looks like he will be a long term NBA player. Scored 23 in his first game of the season for Charlotte.
oceanclub
NC recruits are the key to our overhaul. Would love to land Hall and Moore.
HungryWolf92
Kansas has offered Roosevelt Wheeler
duran_duran
Dunlow66 said:

Hall looks great, but I'm pretty sure that video just gave me a seizure.
FergusWolf
the audio was equally awesome
Dunlow66
Dunlow66 said:

Not recruiting related...but just wanted to pass along that both Ky Bowman and Chris Clemons made NBA rosters this year.

and Devonte Graham looks like he will be a long term NBA player. Scored 23 in his first game of the season for Charlotte.
Another big night for Devonte.

Both Martin tiwins also on the Hornets 'active' roster.
Tootie4Pack
Thanks for the info , Dun. Scary to think that we should have had Devonte on the NC State roster. Along with the Martin twins. I know that Coach Gott did some good things at State, but he also bungled even more. Should have gone ahead and offered to Devonte. Kids develop. We had plenty of roster space.

To think, we could have had 3 future NBA players in the same roster ( along with TJ)...shows how questionable Gott's coaching skills were and still are.
WolfpackSI
Tootie4Pack said:

Thanks for the info , Dun. Scary to think that we should have had Devonte on the NC State roster. Along with the Martin twins. I know that Coach Gott did some good things at State, but he also bungled even more. Should have gone ahead and offered to Devonte. Kids develop. We had plenty of roster space.

To think, we could have had 3 future NBA players in the same roster ( along with TJ)...shows how questionable Gott's coaching skills were and still are.

Gott was nothing more than a smooth talking crook. That made him a good recruiter. His player development was atrocious. He was clueless at identifying talent. His son freaking played with Jerome Robinson and he missed out on him. Not to mention Devonte Graham, Gary Clark, Chris Clemons growing in our backyard and begging to come to state. Drove off the twins. He was pretty much forced to offer Thomas Allen because he missed out on so many local kids. Even that offer came months after it should have. Gott did more damage than good for us.
Dunlow66
PicklePacker said:

Memphis worries me
I'm still hearing good things about Josh Hall.
WolfpackBAE08
I live in Hickory also. I saw Moravian has a Home Game next Wednesday. I would like to go watch Hall and Moore, but I have no clue where they play at.
ge_traveler
Dunlow66 said:

PicklePacker said:

Memphis worries me
I'm still hearing good things about Josh Hall.
That's good news Dun. I hope like heck he comes here.

Keep those noise canceling headphones on....don't let the bad vibes in
WolfpackSI
Josh Hall gives me KD vibes. Shooting guard on stilts. Hes got great range and can pretty much shoot over anyone he wants to.
Packfan8

November 15th there's a good chance you can watch an Nc state commit
Struttingwolf96
Might be 2. Don't forget about Shakel Moore as well.
HungryWolf92
LSU with a commit ...eat up those scholarships!
WolfpackSI
Sucks that if Blake left earlier then we would have had a shot at Jalen Cone
RowanWolf
WolfpackSI said:

Tootie4Pack said:

Gott was nothing more than a smooth talking crook. That made him a good recruiter. His player development was atrocious. He was clueless at identifying talent. His son freaking played with Jerome Robinson and he missed out on him. Not to mention Devonte Graham, Gary Clark, Chris Clemons growing in our backyard and begging to come to state. Drove off the twins. He was pretty much forced to offer Thomas Allen because he missed out on so many local kids. Even that offer came months after it should have. Gott did more damage than good for us.
Missing on Clark and Graham will always sting and would have loved to have seen the Martins play for KK. But, another example of not so nationally heralded NC kids that could have (and should have) been recruited by NC State is Charlotte native Grant Williams. Had 3 offers out of high school...Harvard, Yale, and UT. Look what he did at UT and now he is contributing major minutes for the Celtics and playing really well. Remember that Steph Curry kid? Had one offer...Davidson. He turned out to be pretty good. Point is, the state of NC produces a plethora of talent almost every year. I don't care what you're 'ranking' is or how many 'stars' you have. If you dominate in the top levels of NC high school basketball, you can play in the ACC.
nryanh94

First test up
Dunlow66
a Sunday/Monday visit

Depaul didnt even get Friday/Saturday?
Packfan8
I'm confused by the DePaul connection but Shane "money bag" Heirman scares me
Dunlow66
Ambrose-Hylton finishing up his Official Visits with a trip to Bama. Says he will announce via Twitter before the Early Signing Period begins(Nov 13)

Still keep hearing Dayton as a real contender with Hylton. Pack also still in it but the Josh Hall recruitment is NCSU's top priority right now.
Dunlow66
Packfan8 said:

I'm confused by the DePaul connection but Shane "money bag" Heirman scares me
Pretty much a fact that he paid players to play for his prep school before being hired a couple of years ago by Depaul
WolfpackSI
Dunlow66 said:

Ambrose-Hylton finishing up his Official Visits with a trip to Bama. Says he will announce via Twitter before the Early Signing Period begins(Nov 13)

Still keep hearing Dayton as a real contender with Hylton. Pack also still in it but the Josh Hall recruitment is NCSU's top priority right now.

Any chance of getting both? Or are we pretty much focused on getting a pg with the blake scholarship?
dogplasma
Dunlow66 said:

a Sunday/Monday visit

Depaul didnt even get Friday/Saturday?

They're in a different time zone.
Dunlow66
another OT post on former NC State recruiting targets and the NBA

Brandon Ingram had 35 and 15 for the Pelicans last night

Bam Adebayo has become a legit NBA center and had 19 pts, 13 rebounds and 8 assist

DSJ.....scored 1 point in his first two games with the Knicks.
PackDaddy
Yea sorry James but the Lakers were absolute idiots for doing what they did
Dunlow66
PackDaddy said:

Yea sorry James but the Lakers were absolute idiots for doing what they did
Ingram looks like he may be the breakout star on that team while Zion is out.

27,9 and 4 in his first three games. Also blocking a few shots.

and only 22 years old.
WolfpackSI
RowanWolf said:

WolfpackSI said:

Tootie4Pack said:

Missing on Clark and Graham will always sting and would have loved to have seen the Martins play for KK. But, another example of not so nationally heralded NC kids that could have (and should have) been recruited by NC State is Charlotte native Grant Williams. Had 3 offers out of high school...Harvard, Yale, and UT. Look what he did at UT and now he is contributing major minutes for the Celtics and playing really well. Remember that Steph Curry kid? Had one offer...Davidson. He turned out to be pretty good. Point is, the state of NC produces a plethora of talent almost every year. I don't care what you're 'ranking' is or how many 'stars' you have. If you dominate in the top levels of NC high school basketball, you can play in the ACC.
Agreed, you can win at a high level with in-state recruits. You just have to have an eye for talent and a strong developmental program. This is how state will start competing at the highest level again...not through competing with the big bloods for every recruit.
First Page Last Page
Page 242 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.