Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,217,183 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by SM1987
PicklePacker
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Keatts is going to be a great recruiter. We had a bit of a dry spell there for a while, but I really think, with a top 25 season this year, recruiting's gonna get better and better.
Engineer97
ClePack said:

Using the 247 sports class calculator, if Josh Hall commits to NC State, it would be the fourth highest ranking class for 2020. Keatts has not only salvaged, but taken this class to another level.

4th highest in the ACC?
PicklePacker
Engineer97 said:

ClePack said:

Using the 247 sports class calculator, if Josh Hall commits to NC State, it would be the fourth highest ranking class for 2020. Keatts has not only salvaged, but taken this class to another level.

4th highest in the ACC?
In the country. We're currently ranked 20th with a score of 50.81. Adding Hall moves our score to 61.32 and up to 4th in the country for 2020. If you think about it, if we get Hall we will have landed two borderline 5 star recruits. And Hall is a 5 star according to Rivals.
NatePait94
PicklePacker said:

Engineer97 said:

ClePack said:

4th highest in the ACC?
In the country. We're currently ranked 20th with a score of 50.81. Adding Hall moves our score to 61.32 and up to 4th in the country for 2020. If you think about it, if we get Hall we will have landed two borderline 5 star recruits. And Hall is a 5 star according to Rivals.
We're all Red on the inside. Some of us are just Blue in the face, and they're sick.
Dunlow66
PicklePacker said:

Engineer97 said:

ClePack said:

4th highest in the ACC?
Tennessee just added a five star
Engineer97
That's cool. Our average recruit score with him would be 93.46, not bad.

It would put us 5th, right in front of Virginia.
HungryWolf92
Brownell on a hot streak!
OldTuffy
Glad things are looking up for Hall, but did I miss the memo where a visit to Will Wade isn't a cause for concern?
Dunlow66
Confirmed that Hall will decide in two weeks.
Dunlow66
https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/three-point-play-bluebloods-josh-hall-point-guard-needs

For a while this summer and even throughout the early portions of the fall, the prevailing thought was that Josh Hall would hold off on signing until spring. That has changed, his father told Rivals.com. While a commitment date has not been yet, one will be made within the next two weeks.

This decision to make a decision comes following his official visit to NC State over the weekend. Don't count this as a done deal for the Wolfpack just yet because Hall could potentially take two more official visits. Louisville, which already hosted him last month, remains in the picture, but DePaul and LSU could also have a say.

Hall is a talented prospect that broke out this summer and now sits within the top-25 of his class. Blessed with plenty of upside, talent and the ball skills for someone of his stature, Hall can handle, score and defend various positions.

Over the next few days, a commitment date should be known, which will lead to a November signing. NC State may have the talk for now but a visit to DePaul and/or LSU could change the entire dynamic surrounding one of the best available seniors this year.

Dunlow66
OldTuffy said:

Glad things are looking up for Hall, but did I miss the memo where a visit to Will Wade isn't a cause for concern?
Most think Cam Thomas is going to LSU and would be the 'featured' shooter. I dont think Hall wants to play with another freshman like Cam Thomas. JMO

I still feel like the Pack is going to land Hall, even if he visits elsewhere
ClePack

Just like someone said on this board a few days ago.
WolfpackSI
Keatts getting two borderline 5stars in the 40s is equivalent to a top 15 talent in the Gott/Lowe era. Keatts ability to develop talent is on another level imo. I am stoked!
PicklePacker
Blake Harris no longer on the team per Jeff Gravely
WolfpackSI
PicklePacker said:

Blake Harris no longer on the team per Jeff Gravely

Cant say I didnt see that coming
ClePack
Welp. Another scholarship opens.
Acb0110
So now we can take Hall and Ambrose Hilton!! That's a top 5 recruiting class with 3 studs and 2 really promising projects. Added to an already good roster. Get it done!!
Struttingwolf96
Agree. Hopefully that will all come together now.
Packfan8
I like the idea of just taking one of those two and then a grad transfer forward/big so we can redshirt Dowuona
nryanh94
Might be a twist in the Josh Hall recruitment:

Packfan8
nryanh94 said:

Might be a twist in the Josh Hall recruitment:

He's said that penny is his favorite player of all time so it could be something
Dunlow66
Said it the day Harris committed to NCSU....never gonna graduate from State...and here it is.
Dunlow66
Acb0110 said:

So now we can take Hall and Ambrose Hilton!! That's a top 5 recruiting class with 3 studs and 2 really promising projects. Added to an already good roster. Get it done!!
I dont see us taking both
PicklePacker
Memphis worries me
Dunlow66
Hope we jump back in the Shakeel Moore recruitment now that we have a PG spot opening up.
Acb0110
Dunlow66 said:

Hope we jump back in the Shakeel Moore recruitment now that we have a PG spot opening up.

You think we have a shot still with him?
WolfpackSI
DAMMIT re: memphis
PicklePacker
Is all of this talent at Memphis considered 1 and done talent?
Packfan8
PicklePacker said:

Is all of this talent at Memphis considered 1 and done talent?
I would say they have 2 one and done players and 1 senior so they will have 3 scholarships available which they haven't filled any yet
Packfan8
So we probably trade Harris's spot for Christian Brown when he ultimately transfers from Georgia lol
Thunderhill
Dunlow66 said:

Said it the day Harris committed to NCSU....never gonna graduate from State...and here it is.
You did say that. Kinda been waiting for the other shoe to drop.
williewolf
maybe the Harris slot opening was why Maxwell was still in play until this week?......
Bas2020
Dunlow66 said:

I would be over the moon ecstatic if we could land MOORE . With Blake gone it makes so much sense . MOORE will see the floor from day 1 based upon defense alone .
Dunlow66
To update something referenced earlier

NC State is recruiting Shakeel Moore again.
WolfpackSI
Dunlow66 said:

To update something referenced earlier

NC State is recruiting Shakeel Moore again.

We should just set up shop at Moravian for the next two weeks
First Page Last Page
Page 241 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.