Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,224,195 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by SM1987
WolfpackSI
How long do you want to ignore this user?
PackDaddy said:

Yea sorry James but the Lakers were absolute idiots for doing what they did
I think it was good for both teams. Lakers are in win-now mode and have to put talent around Lebron so they did exactly what they needed to do. Didn't have time to wait for those young guys to develop.
pack1502
Talked to a friend today that is pretty in the know regarding NC high school basketball. He said the same things we've been hearing from dun about josh hall.
WolvesWinNow
DSJ hurt his back and was held out for a bit in pre-season. Since then he has looked pretty bad...confidence is gone, not driving to basket and looks slow. Seems like he is thinking too much and not just playing the game. Sad because Knicks need a PG so badly, if he could just get one game to go right for him that could get him going.
state95
WolvesWinNow said:

DSJ hurt his back and was held out for a bit in pre-season. Since then he has looked pretty bad...confidence is gone, not driving to basket and looks slow. Seems like he is thinking too much and not just playing the game. Sad because Knicks need a PG so badly, if he could just get one game to go right for him that could get him going.
So the Knicks gave up KP to not play DSJ. Makes a ton of sense to me.
Packfan8
state95 said:

WolvesWinNow said:

So the Knicks gave up KP to not play DSJ. Makes a ton of sense to me.
the Knicks front office aren't the first people to give up a ton for dsj
Struttingwolf96
Read where JJ Traynor is gonna announce his commitment this week. I still hope he is gonna pick Louisville like a lot of people think. It can only help State more with Hall, right?
PicklePacker
If Hall sticks to his recent announcement of picking a school in 2 weeks, it will be sometime around Monday of next week. He'll probably get in one more visit this coming weekend and then hopefully pull the trigger.
Dunlow66
PicklePacker said:

If Hall sticks to his recent announcement of picking a school in 2 weeks, it will be sometime around Monday of next week. He'll probably get in one more visit this coming weekend and then hopefully pull the trigger.
LSU and/or PItt look to be contending for a visit.
Dunlow66
Dunlow66 said:

Packfan8 said:

Think they may have another forward on the way in JJ Traynor. Would seem to fill them up at SF/PF with their needs at PG unmet.
^^^ From a few pages back.....
WolvesWinNow
KP wanted out no matter what. After watching a lot of KP can guarantee he will be hurt within 3 months and out for awhile. KP can't stay healthy. His body is way too light.
Fizdale is giving DSJ minutes but it's honestly hard to watch. Fizdale doesn't have much choice but pull him when he's just not doing anything to help the team. He needs that one good game to get his swagger back. But It's brutal right now.
WolvesWinNow
Is Keatts looking at Moore as a replacement for a Harris or sees him as a great fit with Hayes? I mean if he doesn't get Moore is it another PG recruit or go for a big?
Packfan8
WolvesWinNow said:

Is Keatts looking at Moore as a replacement for a Harris or sees him as a great fit with Hayes? I mean if he doesn't get Moore is it another PG recruit or go for a big?

I would assume it's Moore or a grad transfer
Dunlow66
Packfan8 said:

WolvesWinNow said:

I would assume it's Moore or a grad transfer
I wouldnt assume that just yet. We have no idea what names may pop up in the Spring.
WolvesWinNow
You mean like a de-commit or traditional transfer? I like Keatts recruiting job so far and if we add Hall it's a great incoming class. Separately I think this upcoming season could be very good. Love our depth, balance and ability to play very agressive defense.
WolfpackSI
WolvesWinNow said:

You mean like a de-commit or traditional transfer? I like Keatts recruiting job so far and if we add Hall it's a great incoming class. Separately I think this upcoming season could be very good. Love our depth, balance and ability to play very agressive defense.
Could be a reclass of someone from 2021
IseWolf22
I like having a traditional transfer sitting out every year. Fills the roster for practice but you have to keep 1 less guy happy with minutes
WolfpackSI
IseWolf22 said:

I like having a traditional transfer sitting out every year. Fills the roster for practice but you have to keep 1 less guy happy with minutes

I think ideally you have 2-3 dudes that are traditional transfers/redshirts that are developing. Its hard to keep everyone happy in a 12-13 man rotation. 10-11 rotation is much more manageable.
WolvesWinNow
Thanks didn't think about that. It really is amazing how much has changed in recruiting over the past 10-15 years.
Andrew4343
Have there been any updates from Halls visit to DePaul?
Struttingwolf96
Yeah, would like to also know if there is any new info on Ambrose-Hylton since he is through with all his visits & maybe Shakel Moore, since some have stated State may be back involved with him since Harris has left the program.
PicklePacker
Andrew4343 said:

I don't think Depaul changed his mind if that's what you're wondering.
Dunlow66
PicklePacker said:

Andrew4343 said:

also think Depaul has another PG ahead of Shakeel Moore on their want list right now so maybe not offering that potential 'package deal' that we can.
wolfpackjb
Dunlow66 said:

PicklePacker said:

Andrew4343 said:

also think Depaul has another PG ahead of Shakeel Moore on their want list right now so maybe not offering that potential 'package deal' that we can.

Think we are legit trying to sell that? Sounds good to me.
nryanh94
I'm actually starting to think DePaul is a bigger threat than previously thought.
Packfan8
Any chance that hall is deciding in fall to come in spring? We have the scholarship if he wants to come even though that's not likely
WolfpackSI
Packfan8 said:

Any chance that hall is deciding in fall to come in spring? We have the scholarship if he wants to come even though that's not likely

Thats an interesting thought. I doubt it though. Would take a lot to work him into the lineup in the middle of ACC play. Hes also not a sure fire 1+Doner like DSjr was so seems like a waste if eligibility .
Packfan8
WolfpackSI said:

Packfan8 said:

Thats an interesting thought. I doubt it though. Would take a lot to work him into the lineup in the middle of ACC play. Hes also not a sure fire 1+Doner like DSjr was so seems like a waste if eligibility .

My thought process too but maybe redshirt that semester and get an extra 4 months of strength/ conditioning and practicing with the team than if he comes in summer
PicklePacker
Packfan8 said:

WolfpackSI said:

Packfan8 said:

My thought process too but maybe redshirt that semester and get an extra 4 months of strength/ conditioning and practicing with the team than if he comes in summer
Not a terrible idea IMO. I don't think he'll be a 4 year player anyways.
Dunlow66
If he was going to do that, Hall would have just came in the fall. He could have played in 2019-20 if he wanted to.

I think they are totally invested in the Moravian Prep program and want to see that through.

Dunlow66
Josh Hall drops all the way to 48 in the newest 247 2020 rankings....

Now you know we must be getting him.
Dunlow66
Dunlow66 said:

Josh Hall drops all the way to 48 in the newest 247 2020 rankings....

Now you know we must be getting him.
Cam Hayes checks in at 59
ClePack
I always liked their composite ranking because it combines the major recruiting websites into one
Dunlow66
4 star 2020 forward JJ Traynor commits to Louisville
PicklePacker
Still looking good with Hall.
HungryWolf92
We still looking at a decision this week??
First Page Last Page
Page 243 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.