Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,223,843 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by SM1987
Dunlow66
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Packfan8 said:

Dunlow66 said:

HoopSeen
@hoopseen

7h
2020 North Mecklenburg (NC) guard Tristan Maxwell is taking an official visit to NC State today. Maxwell spent this travel season with Team Charlotte.

Maxwell says the visit was canceled
I thought the visit was suppossed to be earlier in the week, then heard it was rescheduled. Not sure what is going on with this one right now but he isnt visiting.
Dunlow66

Not sure what to make of this one. One rumor had him close to committing to either NCSU or Ga Tech but seems like he would have made his scheduled visits to those schools if that were the case.
Packfan8
Dunlow66 said:

Not sure what to make of this one. One rumor had him close to committing to either NCSU or Ga Tech but seems like he would have made his scheduled visits to those schools if that were the case.

This all depends on who canceled the visit to state. If state canceled it then I feel pretty confident about a guy like Ambrose
WolfpackSI
Maybe its rescheduled because campus is on fall break (i think) and no football game. Campus is probably pretty dead right now
WolfpackSI
We Hope we focus on Hall and Ambrose. But Maxwell has a nice game. He shoots pretty well off the dribble and has a nice handle. Don't think he drives the ball that well though.
Dunlow66
WolfpackSI said:

Maybe its rescheduled because campus is on fall break (i think) and no football game. Campus is probably pretty dead right now
That was the rumor. Mutual decision
Dunlow66

2020 Hog offer & ESPN Nat'l No. 58 / 4-star Keon Ambrose-Hylton

(6-8 SF/wing, Andrews Osborne Academy, native of Toronto) hangin' w/Head Hog
@EricPMusselman during his official visit to Arkansas this weekend ...
Packfan8

Hope this doesn't affect Ambrose
Dunlow66
JaDun Michael
@jadunmichael10
Blessed to receive an offer from the University of Louisville! #GoCardinals
NCSU1995
Dunlow66 said:

WolfpackSI said:

There are plenty of people that know more than me but when was this visit scheduled that they didn't know it would be Fall Break and no football game?
Dunlow66
NCSU1995 said:

Dunlow66 said:

WolfpackSI said:

There are plenty of people that know more than me but when was this visit scheduled that they didn't know it would be Fall Break and no football game?
To be fair, Maxwell also canceled his scheduled OV to Georgia Tech. Those were his only two scheduled.
williewolf
may not be quite the class that was originally planned/hoped for: but I sort of like what KK is assembling - - variety of roles and good size - - if these guys have the work ethic for the staff to develop them then there seems to be some nice parts here for the program looking out a season or 2
Packfan8
Dunlow66 said:

JaDun Michael
@jadunmichael10
Blessed to receive an offer from the University of Louisville! #GoCardinals

Worst case if it comes to it in spring we can offer him for 2020
Dunlow66
https://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2019/oct/11/ohio-forward-seeks-help-to-nba-20191011-1/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Keon Ambrose-Hylton will be focusing on how University of Arkansas Coach Eric Musselman and his staff can prepare him for the NBA during his official visit to Fayetteville this weekend.

"The main thing is I want to see the player development," said Ambrose-Hylton, a Toronto native. "I'm trying to get to the next level."

Ambrose-Hylton, 6-8, 196 pounds, of The International Sports Academy in Willoughby, Ohio, had more than 25 scholarship offers before he narrowed them down to Arkansas, Dayton, Alabama, North Carolina State and Southern California about three weeks ago.

He and his mother, Michelle Ambrose, were expected to arrive in Fayetteville late Thursday night for his visit that starts this morning. He said he's looking forward to seeing how Musselman's NBA background can benefit him.

"I want to see how they develop the guys," Ambrose-Hylton said. "He understands what players need in terms of getting to the next level in term."

ESPN also rates Ambrose-Hylton as the No. 14 small forward and the No. 58 overall recruit in the nation for the 2020 class.

Recruits have been impressed with Arkansas' detailed breakdown of the strengths and weaknesses of their game. Musselman has given Ambrose-Hylton a quick rundown of what the Hogs can do for him.

"Coach Musselman said how he really wanted to work with me on my shots and how even though I'm a good shooter from outside, he thinks he can get me to that lethal kind of shooter where I'm a knockdown shooter on open shots or contested," Ambrose-Hylton said. "He wants to work with me on my handles."
Struttingwolf96
As long as KAH can make it through all the visits & commit to the Pack. Hopefully, he will.
braz213
One big advantage we have is just like top players want to play in the SEC in football, Top players want to play in the ACC in basketball.
PicklePacker
braz213 said:

One big advantage we have is just like top players want to play in the SEC in football, Top players want to play in the ACC in basketball.
The clean ones do. The dirty ones go to the schools that pay the most money.
Packfan8

Wow the analysts got this one wrong. Huge pickup for Hamilton
PicklePacker
Packfan8 said:

He's a hell of a recruiter.
WolfpackSI
PicklePacker said:

Packfan8 said:

Yep, hes got a type and he goes out and gets it.
Packfan8
Ambrose looks like he had a great visit to Arkansas.
His mom loved the food in Arkansas her Twitter is @msdivamichelle make sure she knows we have better food in nc
WolfpackSI
Packfan8 said:

His mom loved the food in Arkansas her Twitter is @msdivamichelle make sure she knows we have better food in nc

Ya ***? We have better food in downtown Raleigh then the whole state of Arkansas. Get out of here
IseWolf22
PicklePacker said:

Packfan8 said:

And he's only getting younger
Dunlow66
Packfan8 said:

Eric Musselman now at Arkansas. Expect to see that program step up a bit in the next couple of years.
ClePack
Crystal balls coming in for Cade Cunningham to UK. now THAT would be insane
Dunlow66
IseWolf22 said:

PicklePacker said:

Packfan8 said:

His last three years at FSU have been very solid. Getting better with age.
IseWolf22
Dunlow66 said:

IseWolf22 said:

PicklePacker said:

Packfan8 said:

His last three years at FSU have been very solid. Getting better with age.

It's because hes found the secret to reverse aging
Packfan8

News from a few weeks ago is confirmed
nryanh94
Great we're getting a visit. Was hoping it'd be later though.
Packfan8
Me too but with him being close we should be able to get at least an unofficial before the spring
Struttingwolf96
Good news to hear. Wish Hall would come to a game instead of Primetime with the Pack. Don't really see that as being a big enough event to get recruits to come to State as of now. Hopefully in the future it will be.
Packfan8
Struttingwolf96
Glad to see KAH get out of Arkansas without committing. Hoping State & Keatts made an impression on the young man & can maybe get him to Raleigh, if not maybe Hall.
Packfan8
Any chance that hayes and Farrar will be there Friday to help recruit
Struttingwolf96
It would be a plus. Man I hope they do.
First Page Last Page
Page 237 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.