Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,243,232 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 10 mo ago by SM1987
Dunlow66
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Struttingwolf96 said:

Glad to see KAH get out of Arkansas without committing. Hoping State & Keatts made an impression on the young man & can maybe get him to Raleigh, if not maybe Hall.
He was dead set on also taking the Alabama visit.
Dunlow66
Packfan8 said:

Any chance that hayes and Farrar will be there Friday to help recruit
yes
Packfan8

Visitor Friday
nryanh94
Packfan8 said:

Visitor Friday

HUGE visitor; kid is good
WolfpackSI
Damn, I hope this visit with Hall goes well. He could end up being KK's first "big fish."
PackAlpha91
I consider Hayes a big fish. Kid would be a McDonalds All American if he stayed in the 2021 class.
ge_traveler
So, we have Hall, Maxwell and Cleveland visiting this weekend? Huge weekend for Pack BB recruiting.
WolfpackSI
ge_traveler said:

So, we have Hall, Maxwell and Cleveland visiting this weekend? Huge weekend for Pack BB recruiting.
I think Hall and Maxwell are coming on Wednesday
nryanh94
WolfpackSI said:

ge_traveler said:

Correct but they'll all be here Friday
Dunlow66
Louisville looks like they may be close to landing a 4 star SG/SF. With their need for a 'big' and a 'pg'...that could signify the end of their shot at landing Josh Hall.
Packfan8
Dunlow66
WolfpackSI said:

ge_traveler said:

Josh Pastner visited Maxwell last week. Tech is pushing on this one.
duran_duran
Dunlow66 said:

WolfpackSI said:

ge_traveler said:

What's the appeal to Georgia Tech?

That's a dumpster fire of a program with a coach who will likely be on the chopping block in the near future. Even if we don't land the kid surely he can do better.
Packfan8
Well when you don't have many high major schools looking at you, then you hear what they all have to say
Dunlow66
duran_duran said:

Dunlow66 said:

WolfpackSI said:

ge_traveler said:

What's the appeal to Georgia Tech?

That's a dumpster fire of a program with a coach who will likely be on the chopping block in the near future. Even if we don't land the kid surely he can do better.
I dont know what Maxwell is thinking...but Tech seems to be making him more of a priority than we are. We are pushing for Josh Hall. He will be OVing. Maxwell may be elsewhere.

Posted earlier that this one was possibly a two team race with Tech/State. If so and Tech is making him a higher priority, I could see him picking them.
wolfpackjb
Dunlow66 said:

Louisville looks like they may be close to landing a 4 star SG/SF. With their need for a 'big' and a 'pg'...that could signify the end of their shot at landing Josh Hall.

Fair to say that State is probably in the driver's seat with Hall, as long as he doesn't go the pro route?
Dunlow66
wolfpackjb said:

Dunlow66 said:

Fair to say that State is probably in the driver's seat with Hall, as long as he doesn't go the pro route?
Still have others pursuing him...but if Louisville is out, that certainly helps us.
nryanh94
ClePack
Do we think Josh might go pro instead of ever playing in college? Can't get my hopes up yet
PicklePacker
ClePack said:

Do we think Josh might go pro instead of ever playing in college? Can't get my hopes up yet
Not out of the question but highly unlikely. I personally think he's gonna need 2 years of college to get where he wants to be as far as the NBA goes. However, he does have some serious potential and the NBA loves potential.
oceanclub
If he wants to wait to spring, the question is why? Do we wait or try and secure others? I say sell him on the idea of punking the local schools that snubbed him!
pack1502
oceanclub said:

If he wants to wait to spring, the question is why? Do we wait or try and secure others? I say sell him on the idea of punking the local schools that snubbed him!
Seems like my man loves the attention and wants to drag it out. I'm sure a lot of us would have been the same at that age.
PicklePacker
Dunlow66 said:

wolfpackjb said:

Dunlow66 said:

Still have others pursuing him...but if Louisville is out, that certainly helps us.
wonder if this has anything to do with Hall's sudden visit to State. Or maybe it's been in the works, I don't know. But if he really likes Louisville then he needs to get his visits done so he can possibly make a quicker decision.
PicklePacker
pack1502 said:

oceanclub said:

Seems like my man loves the attention and wants to drag it out. I'm sure a lot of us would have been the same at that age.
Maybe, but some players just want to see how a season unfolds, which players are transferring, what other commitments occur and so on. A lot can happen to change a program's roster between October and April.
pack1502
PicklePacker said:

pack1502 said:

oceanclub said:

Maybe, but some players just want to see how a season unfolds, which players are transferring, what other commitments occur and so on. A lot can happen to change a program's roster between October and April.
Also reasonable and you would know better with him. I'm not trying to rag on him there's nothing wrong with being 17 and enjoying the process, I'm just mainly contrasting him with Cam Hayes, who is much less active on social media and said things about how he wanted to get his recruitment over with.
Dunlow66
pack1502 said:

PicklePacker said:

pack1502 said:

oceanclub said:

Also reasonable and you would know better with him. I'm not trying to rag on him there's nothing wrong with being 17 and enjoying the process, I'm just mainly contrasting him with Cam Hayes, who is much less active on social media and said things about how he wanted to get his recruitment over with.
I think Hall has a little bit of a chip on his shoulder(in a good way).

He wasnt really recruited much as a younger player and has now grown into a solid prospect who, IMO, feels like he was overlooked. Now he is getting exposure and is enjoying the process. His dad was a college player and AAU coach, so they know the system well enough.

Let him have his fun. I know I would be if it were me.
PicklePacker
And... his dad was not a highly ranked recruit coming out of HS so he didn't get to enjoy the royal treatment his son is getting on the recruiting trail. I think Quincy is enjoying this process as much or more than his son. I'm excited to see what kind of impression Keatts makes on them this weekend.
Packfan8
Dunlow66 said:

pack1502 said:

PicklePacker said:

pack1502 said:

oceanclub said:

He wasnt really recruited much as a younger player and has now grown into a solid prospect who, IMO, feels like he was overlooked. Now he is getting exposure and is enjoying the process. His dad was a college player and AAU coach, so they know the system well enough.

Agreed if it were me I would be enjoying the process too even though I know I would pick Nc state
1985 NCSU Grad
Packfan8 said:

Dunlow66 said:

pack1502 said:

PicklePacker said:

pack1502 said:

oceanclub said:

Agreed if it were me I would be enjoying the process too even though I know I would pick Nc state
I agree - The key is to let him/family have their fun and that is the only thing you can say or do....

Now advice wise - it can be a lot of fun but it wears on you as time goes on. It is nice for the recruit and parents to enjoy but after a while it wears everyone. Truly the best thing in the world is to get it over with asap....enjoy the process early on but you do know in your heart after a while as to where you belong once the offers really start arriving. The funny thing is - all the visits are fun and 1st class.... Been through it multiple times in different decades (myself included) and it is fun to an extent then it quits being fun and becomes almost like a job to the recruit/family. The thing is like the Average Joe Student - even with all the thinking, pro's, con's, analyzing, etc. - you may change your mind as to where you belong anyway and transfer (or go pro early) at some point because you do not fit in - that is why it happens to all students so often.
Dunlow66
PJ Hall has released his top 4 and they dont include Ga Tech.

Rumor is he dropped them because of their NCAA issues.

Dunlow66
And just confirmed with a second person that Mawell will be at Ga Tech this weekend, not NC State
Struttingwolf96
Even better, that means the staff can give more attention to both Hall & Cleveland.
Packfan8
Dunlow66 said:

And just confirmed with a second person that Mawell will be at Ga Tech this weekend, not NC State

This kid is more indecisive than Christian Brown
PackAlpha91
For those in the know, what is your feeling on Hall and likely we may see a commit this weekend?
WolfpackSI
PackAlpha91 said:

For those in the know, what is your feeling on Hall and likely we may see a commit this weekend?

def not in the know but I would be surprised. I think we can make a impact like Lville did but I dont think he will commit.

One thing thats got me excited is Hayes recruiting Hall. I think both those guys have a major chip on their shoulder by being overlooked by the blue bloods. I could see that turning into a strong relationship that brings Hall to State.
First Page Last Page
Page 238 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.