Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,229,422 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by SM1987
Packfan8
How long do you want to ignore this user?
wufpack7 said:

Best I can tell, Hellems is the only player (high school player, at least) since Keatts got here who has visited another school after our visit, and still committed to us. It looks like everyone else visited us and committed to us without visiting any more schools. So my mindset is that if he goes through with more visits we probably won't get him, but maybe he will buck the trend and surprise me.
lecque visited Tennessee after us
nryanh94
Dunlow66 said:

5-Star forward Jaemyn Brakefield has picked up an offer from Duke

And he commited today! God what I wouldn't pay to be able to recruit like duke
Packfan8
Any chance we can get back in with Mark Williams. I know he's a duke lean but that can change if hunter Dickinson goes to duke.
nryanh94
Packfan8 said:

Any chance we can get back in with Mark Williams. I know he's a duke lean but that can change if hunter Dickinson goes to duke.

It's Duke, UM or UCLA
wufpack7
Packfan8 said:

wufpack7 said:

Best I can tell, Hellems is the only player (high school player, at least) since Keatts got here who has visited another school after our visit, and still committed to us. It looks like everyone else visited us and committed to us without visiting any more schools. So my mindset is that if he goes through with more visits we probably won't get him, but maybe he will buck the trend and surprise me.
lecque visited Tennessee after us
I'll admit I didn't check the guys that never ended up here. Didn't check Siddiq Bey either. Either way, hopefully Ambrose will end up here, but if he keeps taking visits my expectations will be low. But I really like his game.
PicklePacker
nryanh94 said:

Dunlow66 said:

5-Star forward Jaemyn Brakefield has picked up an offer from Duke

And he commited today! God what I wouldn't pay to be able to recruit like duke
I know it's not happening right now, but I really think Keatts could be a top 10 recruiter in time. It's not like he's a lazy recruiter. The guy leaves no stone unturned. But he's got to have a couple of very good seasons and put a few guys in the league to get some hype around our program. Being a black head coach should have it's advantages in the recruiting world.
Struttingwolf96
Just got to learn to be patient, that's what everyone has been telling me. I've been told it's only Keatts 3rd year in Raleigh, so hopefully his being a strong, top notch recruiter will start to kick in cause duke & unc are kicking some recruiting butt for next years class. They are YEARS ahead of State in the triangle when it comes to recruiting & that doesn't have anything to do with the way our current & former coaches have recruited, but the not so good product that's wing put on the court & not being successful for a long time.
RDUwolfpack
Struttingwolf96 said:

Just got to learn to be patient, that's what everyone has been telling me. I've been told it's only Keatts 3rd year in Raleigh, so hopefully his being a strong, top notch recruiter will start to kick in cause duke & unc are kicking some recruiting butt for next years class. They are YEARS ahead of State in the triangle when it comes to recruiting & that doesn't have anything to do with the way our current & former coaches have recruited, but the not so good product that's wing put on the court & not being successful for a long time.
Of course they are years ahead. They've been a top 5 program for 20 years lol
nryanh94
Struttingwolf96 said:

I'm very patient, I'm not the one who is constantly on here *****ing about our recruiting and comparing us to duke and UNC; I don't expect us to compete with them any time soon.
nryanh94
Not necessarily state related now, but tough blow for a former state recruit:

Does open up the option for him to be a grad transfer option in 4 years
Struttingwolf96
I'm just messing with u.
Packfan8
Dunlow66
Shakeel Moore OVing to Depaul this weekend
Packfan8
dogplasma
Dunlow66 said:

What's the attraction there? Don't get me wrong - I have nothing against DePaul having grown up in the Chicago area in the 70s, but I also saw one of our other prospects listing them. Do they have a new staff with area connections?
Dunlow66
dogplasma said:

Dunlow66 said:

What's the attraction there? Don't get me wrong - I have nothing against DePaul having grown up in the Chicago area in the 70s, but I also saw one of our other prospects listing them. Do they have a new staff with area connections?
Depaul hired the guy who built the La Lumiere Prep School. They have offered 4 kids from Moravian.

The asst hired from La Lumiere is said to have paid kids to play for his prep school.
Dunlow66
Kevin McPherson

2020 Hog offer & ESPN Nat'l No. 58 / 4-star Keon Ambrose-Hylton
just told me Hogs asst coach @CoachWilliams12 was at Andrews Osborne Academy
in Ohio on Friday to see him ...

Keon will take his OV to UA next wknd (Oct. 11-13) ...
HungryWolf92
What's the feeling on this one, Dun? Seems completely wide open.
Dunlow66
HungryWolf92 said:

What's the feeling on this one, Dun? Seems completely wide open.
I was worried about Bama but I think they have higher ranked targets on their board right now.

Arkansas is still wide open for 2020. This visit could be a big one.
Packfan8

Has nothing to do with state but should do great at central
Bulldogwolf27
Really good get for Central, thought he might end somewhere in the southern conference. But will be an all league player for central.
Struttingwolf96
Read where Isaiah Todd is gonna choose between Mich. & Kansas. Doesn't look like the ncaa stuff is bothering Kan., can't believe they made it. Thought unc or Kent. might have got him.
nryanh94
UK and UNC don't want him. And frankly I wouldn't either. Don't think that kid sets foot on a college campus
Struttingwolf96
That's bad when them 2 crooked schools don't want you, kid must have some serious issues.
Packfan8
He'll go play overseas
nryanh94
It's not really that he has issues. It's just that he has made it known the NBA is his goal and he's eligible to go straight there like Lecque was
Tootie4Pack
He does have some issues. He is at WOG for a reason...an academic reason. Just in case he goes to college , needs to have his academics in good order. And WOG can take care of that.
Dunlow66
Tootie4Pack said:

He does have some issues. He is at WOG for a reason...an academic reason. Just in case he goes to college , needs to have his academics in good order. And WOG can take care of that.
If he goes to college...looks like Michigan has made a move here. Juwan Howard could end up with a lot of talent and soon.
nryanh94
Tootie4Pack said:

Have no idea on his academics and I won't speculate. But from everything I've heard he's a pretty high character kid
WolfpackSI

When I think about going after another 5* kid that will probably go pro
Packfan8

Funderburk on September 25th
PicklePacker
Packfan8 said:

Just when you think you've heard all of the reasons a player could be suspended. I mean, I'm super excited to see DJ on the court, but what was going thru his head to try and drive off with 4 blocks on his tires? Did it not occur to him that he wouldn't get very far?
Dunlow66
Packfan8 said:

Acb0110
If her were at UNCheat, he would have gotten a pay raise, a new car, and an extra year of eligibility. Maybe even a portion of Roy's inheritance. Oh well, I assume there is much more to this and glad KK is in charge.

And just, why would he even attempt that? Just why?
Packfan8
I know this is way off topic from recruiting but I'm sure it will slid in this case. What I'm the world was funderburk thinking lol. Probably did more damage to his car than it did to the boot
First Page Last Page
Page 235 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.