Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,224,890 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by SM1987
Struttingwolf96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Right, they were prioritizing Cam Thomas, Henry Coleman, & Mark Williams just to name a few & didn't get them. The only one that Keatts has gotten so far that he prioritized is Cam Hayes. State is having to go mostly to there second & sometimes third option.
nryanh94
Struttingwolf96 said:

Right, they were prioritizing Cam Thomas, Henry Coleman, & Mark Williams just to name a few & didn't get them. The only one that Keatts has gotten so far that he prioritized is Cam Hayes. State is having to go mostly to there second & sometimes third option.

Ok? And you're point is? We lost Coleman and likely Williams to Duke. Everyone loses recruits to duke, it's part of the game. I personally don't think Dowuona is a recruit to worry about, if you get him on, if not you can find 10 kids just like him. But your constant nagging and *****ing on this thread and others has gotten beyond old man.
ClePack
Alright.

So where do we turn our attention to now? I know Ambrose, but what center options are realistic for us?
Struttingwolf96
Thank you, yes. Good question.
Packfan8
ClePack said:

Alright.

So where do we turn our attention to now? I know Ambrose, but what center options are realistic for us?

I'd rather get a big that redshirts this year or get a grad transfer
WolfpackSI
Is JT Thor an option now? I know that the staff was in Huntington recently. Any chance we can get into that race now that he probably wont be going to Kansas?
Struttingwolf96
I would like to see Keatts get Dowuona in this class at C & hopefully Redshirt him next year. Him & either one of Hall,Ambrose-Hylton, or Blackwell would satisfy me as a solid recruiting class for State.
wolfpackjb
I never thought I would have to block any user on this site...until today.
WolfpackSI
wolfpackjb said:

Annoying yes. But I don't think hes said anything thats subjects him to be blocked. Think that would be setting a pretty dangerous precedent
wolfpackjb
WolfpackSI said:

wolfpackjb said:

Annoying yes. But I don't think hes said anything thats subjects him to be blocked. Think that would be setting a pretty dangerous precedent

Sorry I meant I put him on ignore. Blocked was the wrong word. He is free to post whatever in the world he wants to...personally I am just tired of reading it. I still think in the end this will probably be Keatts best recruiting class. That is what the focus should be on. Hope we made a big impression on Ambrose-Hylton!
WolfpackSI
wolfpackjb said:

WolfpackSI said:

wolfpackjb said:

Sorry I meant I put him on ignore. Blocked was the wrong word. He is free to post whatever in the world he wants to...personally I am just tired of reading it. I still think in the end this will probably be Keatts best recruiting class. That is what the focus should be on. Hope we made a big impression on Ambrose-Hylton!

Ahh my bad, yes that's completely understandable lol
Dunlow66
WolfpackSI said:

Is JT Thor an option now? I know that the staff was in Huntington recently. Any chance we can get into that race now that he probably wont be going to Kansas?
He has cut us already
Dunlow66
nryanh94 said:

Have you ever thought that maybe the staff isn't recruiting Dowuona that hard? He has an offer and took an ov so they'd surely take a commit. But that doesn't mean they're prioritizing him.
Not much difference in Dowuano and Belton as far as long term potential Belton can rebound in the ACC as a freshman. Dowuano is more well rounded but looks like he needs a year in the weight room....maybe two.

We could just as easily pick up a PostGrad center for one year and focus on 2021 for a HS post player.
PicklePacker
Dunlow66 said:

nryanh94 said:

Have you ever thought that maybe the staff isn't recruiting Dowuona that hard? He has an offer and took an ov so they'd surely take a commit. But that doesn't mean they're prioritizing him.
Not much difference in Dowuano and Belton as far as long term potential Belton can rebound in the ACC as a freshman. Dowuano is more well rounded but looks like he needs a year in the weight room....maybe two.

We could just as easily pick up a PostGrad center for one year and focus on 2021 for a HS post player.
Post Grad is what I'd like to see at this point.
Dunlow66
Pitt.MBB
@PittHoopsMBB

2h
Pitt will host 5 SF Josh Hall for an official visit sometime in November, his father tells us. Dates are not finalized yet. Josh has taken an official visit to Louisville so far and has four OV's left.
jwpack
Looks like Pitt is after the same players we are, what's up with that is K working with Capel to undercut our recruiting.
Dunlow66
jwpack said:

Looks like Pitt is after the same players we are, what's up with that is K working with Capel to undercut our recruiting.
Capel hired an assistant from Charleston and his brother who was at App State. Seems like they have connetions to NC and SC.
WolfpackSI
I'd rather have Belton at this point. He already has ACC caliber size and offers a utilizable skill in his rebounding so he will get minutes as a freshman.

I know everyone wants to compete right now but remember that we are only in year 3 of KK era. The name of the game at this point is player development and system building. Postgrads are great but should only be used to fill unused scholarships at this time. If there is an option to get a kid that we can develop then thats the better route at this point IMO.

WolfpackSI
jwpack said:

I think both Capel and KK are just in similar situations. Good at identifying talent and aren't competing for the top recruits yet so they are focused more on that top-50-125 players. Plus I imagine they have similar recruiting connections in the southeast.
Dunlow66
WolfpackSI said:

jwpack said:

I think both Capel and KK are just in similar situations. Good at identifying talent and aren't competing for the top recruits yet so they are focused more on that top-50-125 players. Plus I imagine they have similar recruiting connections in the southeast.
Same with a team like Providence

Everyone wonders why they get kids from our area but they have asst coaches with solid connections in NC/VA
wolfpacker7
What are thoughts on Jalen Mcdonald? Height and athleticism seem Torin Dorn-ish, but would need to bulk up. Otherwise maybe more Shaun Kirk (not trying to take a shot at Kirk). That's my take at least.
Packfan8
PicklePacker
Packfan8 said:

Some kin to Lenny?
Packfan8
nryanh94
That's the last thing I'd want him to visit for lmao
ClePack
Hall *maybe* visiting for primetime
nryanh94
For whatever reason, Slater deleted the tweet
RDUwolfpack
nryanh94 said:

What tweet?
Dunlow66
RDUwolfpack said:

nryanh94 said:

What tweet?
I think it referenced Josh Hall and Primetime with the Pack.
nryanh94
Dunlow66 said:

RDUwolfpack said:

nryanh94 said:

What tweet?

Said he might visit prime time with the pack, and might visit DePaul and Pitt later this month or November
Dunlow66
nryanh94 said:

Dunlow66 said:

RDUwolfpack said:

nryanh94 said:

What tweet?

Said he might visit prime time with the pack, and might visit DePaul and Pitt later this month or November
I've heard Pitt was getting an OV. Depaul just offered recently
Dunlow66
5-Star forward Jaemyn Brakefield has picked up an offer from Duke
ClePack
Someone with more info than me: How do you all feel about Ambrose? I feel like his quotes make it seem like we lead, but it's hard to judge these kids. I feel like he's a perfect Keatts player because of his size and versatility.
wufpack7
Best I can tell, Hellems is the only player (high school player, at least) since Keatts got here who has visited another school after our visit, and still committed to us. It looks like everyone else visited us and committed to us without visiting any more schools. So my mindset is that if he goes through with more visits we probably won't get him, but maybe he will buck the trend and surprise me.
nryanh94
wufpack7 said:

Best I can tell, Hellems is the only player (high school player, at least) since Keatts got here who has visited another school after our visit, and still committed to us. It looks like everyone else visited us and committed to us without visiting any more schools. So my mindset is that if he goes through with more visits we probably won't get him, but maybe he will buck the trend and surprise me.

I mean, that's a substantially small sample size to make any kind of assumption off of, especially since he's focused more on transfers and grad transfers
First Page Last Page
Page 234 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.